Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

87 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The new 90210, Officially picked up for the fall season
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 5:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. RS INXS: Marty, RS SN: Toby

IPB Image

I saw the commercial for it last week, it will be airing Tuesday's at 8 PM on The CW.

I'm excited for this but at the same time nervous because, like I said when this was originally brought up, I've been a huge fan of this show since it's original run. I think it was the best show ever produced, but I also think there's no duplicating the original. The OC tried to be 90210 the next generation and they didn't even last 4 years. It's a nice idea to try it, but I don't think it will succeed, it's like trying to remake a classic song, it's never as good as the original. I think a big part of what made 90210 so successful was the cast and the chemistry between them, they were just one of a kind.

I mean when they did that spin off of Friends I knew that it wasn't going to last more than a year, a year and a half at the most.

Well they've been able to successfully revive Degrassi, let's see what happens.

You can watch some previews here:

http://cwtv.com/thecw/90210

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 21st 2008, 5:02 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 5:19 PM
Post #2

And none of the original creators, directors, writers, etc. or any of the original cast at this point have any involvement in this so I don't know how much of a "spin off" it could be.

Well at least they have Lori Loughlin and Shenae Grimes, that definitely works in their favor.

I'm definitely willing to give this re-make a chance though thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Looks like Jennie Garth looks to be the first (and only at this point) original cast member to sign on for a recurring role in this spin off (I'm excited because she was my favorite! spaz.gif)

And Melrose Place star Rob Estes is also going to be in it.

Now I'm really looking forward to this! w00t.gif

The main cast is also going to be a little more diverse than the original, they have a main character that is African-American as well as a main character who is Persian (100,000,000 million points for that!)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SteveIdolFan
post May 21st 2008, 5:34 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano

Tori Spelling is also coming back according to Perez.

I'm looking forward to this. I just bought the first season of 90210 and as a first time viewer, I find it kind of boring. I'll give it a chance but so far it's just eh.

--------------------
Set: Lynsey | X-Factor US: CeCe Frey, 1342, Carly Rose, Beatrice Miller, Sister C, David Correy and Jennel Garcia
IPB Image
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 5:39 PM
Post #4

I guess it's a generation thing, it was THE SHOW of my generation, and if it wasn't that great, they wouldn't be trying to bring it back lol. Give it a chance, you'll see how awesome it was.

Apparently Ian Ziering also wants in. Jennie was supposed to be a regular but would only agree to a recurring role to start because she wants to see how the show does first before making a full commitment.

Apparently all the original cast members are supposed to make cameos at some point.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SteveIdolFan
post May 21st 2008, 5:41 PM
Post #5

I've only watched the first 3 episodes and I don't really see a storyline to it. laughing.gif I'll keep watching though. I just hope something exciting happens. laughing.gif

Part of the reason I'm excited to watch IS Jennie Garth so I hope she does come back.

--------------------
Set: Lynsey | X-Factor US: CeCe Frey, 1342, Carly Rose, Beatrice Miller, Sister C, David Correy and Jennel Garcia
IPB Image
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 5:44 PM
Post #6

Aaaaw, I guess it's a generation thing, people my age will connect more to the original 90210 and people your age will probably connect more to this new 90210.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
iluvanthonyf
post May 21st 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #7

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

Aunt Becky!

Anyways, this looks interesting. Definitely going to watch. yes.gif Let's hope it good.

--------------------
"Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better."
IPB Image IPB Image
livejournal ~ last.fm
+Quote Post
SteveIdolFan
post May 21st 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(proudnewyorker82 @ May 21st 2008, 6:44 PM) *

Aaaaw, I guess it's a generation thing, people my age will connect more to the original 90210 and people your age will probably connect more to this new 90210.
Maybe. I'm 19 so we'll see. laughing.gif I grew up with Degrassi so that's probably what I connect with the most. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 6:55 PM
Post #9

Here's a video where they talk to the cast about the show, there's an interview with Jennie in it too! heart.gif

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=251520

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JYCT
post May 21st 2008, 6:55 PM
Post #10

I was too young to be watching 90210 when it was on TV, but I watch the reruns all the time. I LOVEEEEE the show. Seriously I think it's just amazing. Even though it just went all downhill after season 8?

I'm really surprised they casted Shenae. Since she's Canadian lol. But that's awesome she got the role.

I want Jason Priestley to come back. Kelly and Brandon heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
toronto maple leafs
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
| March 16th 2oo6 | August 7th 2oo6 | myspace :: last.fm
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 6:56 PM
Post #11

Lol Jason Priestly is Canadian too, and so is Kathleen Robertson (Clare).

This article has another cool video about it:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/05/back_to_90210.php

It also says that Shannen might actually consider coming back! w00t.gif

This post has been edited by proudnewyorker82: May 21st 2008, 7:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lyndz
post May 21st 2008, 7:08 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. Person - Adam Copeland

I am SO stoked about this show, especially Shenae. She rocks! heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig: Jordan_Fan
~*My beautiful baby girl arrived 01/22/14. Future Wrestling Fan in the making!*~
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 21st 2008, 7:27 PM
Post #13

There was a rumor that Shenae's part was originally offered to Hilary Duff, but Duff said that wasn't true.

Melrose Place star Rob Estes is going to play the part of Annie's father....the guy who was originally from Beverly Hills, but moved to St. Louis/Kansas City for a while but then comes back.....aaah that is CLEVER! Considering that Melrose Place was the original 90210 spin off.

Andrea and Jesse's daughter Hannah has been written in to the show as well, but as of right now it's just a recurring role. I'm sure Erin is probably going to be in it soon as well.

Kelly Taylor is apparently going to be a member of the faculty at West Beverly as a guidance counselor or something like that.

It's also been confirmed that Jason Priestly has also expressed an interest in a recurring role w00t.gif It would be so cool to have Kelly and Brandon back together again, I always thought they were soul mates, I always thought Dylan was all wrong for her.

It looks like the original creator, Darren Star is now on board with this show, because originally the writer for Veronica Mars was set to be the writer for this spin off, but apparently he had other commitments with shows with ABC.

This post has been edited by proudnewyorker82: May 21st 2008, 7:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post May 22nd 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #14

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I'll probably watch it, see what's it like. tongue.gif I loved the original 90210. wub.gif I think it's like Saved By The bell, when they had the spinoff: Saved by the bell the new class. I hated that. pinch.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 24th 2008, 2:50 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(proudnewyorker82 @ May 21st 2008, 6:02 PM) *

IPB Image

The girl all the way on the right looks sort of like a younger Lindsay Lohan. She's probably going to be the bad girl of the show.

QUOTE(proudnewyorker82 @ May 21st 2008, 6:19 PM) *

EDIT: Looks like Jennie Garth looks to be the first (and only at this point) original cast member to sign on for a recurring role in this spin off (I'm excited because she was my favorite! spaz.gif)

She was my favorite too grin.gif . And yeah, I always thought she was better with Brandon than Dylan.

QUOTE(SteveIdolFan @ May 21st 2008, 6:34 PM) *

Tori Spelling is also coming back according to Perez.

Yeah, I read something about that too. Tori said that every show needs a milf bloated.gif. Hopefully she was referring to Jennie Garth.

QUOTE(iluvanthonyf @ May 21st 2008, 6:51 PM) *

Aunt Becky!

haha.gif I wonder what role she will play.

QUOTE(proudnewyorker82 @ May 21st 2008, 8:27 PM) *

It looks like the original creator, Darren Star is now on board with this show, because originally the writer for Veronica Mars was set to be the writer for this spin off, but apparently he had other commitments with shows with ABC.

That's too bad. Rob Thomas is great. I had heard rumors that Kristen Bell might be cast on the show too because of her connection with him on Veronica Mars.

QUOTE(FunkyFrankie @ May 22nd 2008, 1:43 PM) *

I'll probably watch it, see what's it like. tongue.gif I loved the original 90210. wub.gif I think it's like Saved By The bell, when they had the spinoff: Saved by the bell the new class. I hated that. pinch.gif

Yeah, I agree. I'm gonna watch too, but my expectations aren't that high. Nothing can beat the original.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
claymate37
post May 24th 2008, 3:57 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

I can't wait for this!! spaz.gif It's on the top of my list for new fall shows. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
proudnewyorker82
post May 24th 2008, 4:59 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 24th 2008, 3:50 PM) *

The girl all the way on the right looks sort of like a younger Lindsay Lohan. She's probably going to be the bad girl of the show.
She was my favorite too grin.gif . And yeah, I always thought she was better with Brandon than Dylan.
Yeah, I read something about that too. Tori said that every show needs a milf bloated.gif. Hopefully she was referring to Jennie Garth.
haha.gif I wonder what role she will play.
That's too bad. Rob Thomas is great. I had heard rumors that Kristen Bell might be cast on the show too because of her connection with him on Veronica Mars.
Yeah, I agree. I'm gonna watch too, but my expectations aren't that high. Nothing can beat the original.

The bad girl of the show is actually going to be the one with the curly blond hair, I think the character's name is Naomi, I think she's going to be the new Kelly Taylor per se (since the original Kelly Taylor will be in it too haha.gif tongue.gif ).

lmao.gif @ the MILF thing....yeah hopefully she did mean Jennie tongue.gif

Lori Loughlin is going to be the new Cindy Walsh, Rob Estes is going to be the new Jim Walsh, Shenae Grimes is going to be the new Brenda, and their adopted son is going to be the new Brandon (I like that new twist!). The girl that you were referring to, I think somehow she's going to be related to David Silver's character since apparently her last name is Silver too. The guy next to her, is going to be the male version of Andrea, except he's Persian, which gets major points from me because that is a more accurate representation of the diversity of southern California, even Beverly Hills.

Yeah it might be a shame about Rob Thomas, but you can't beat the guy who made it all happen with the original series, Darren Star.

Agreed about nothing being able to beat the original, but I am really looking forward to this since many of the original cast has shown in an interest in being involved....it might be worthy successor, but as for the commercial talking about taking it to a "whole new level" where "every story is intriguing" well Mr. Voice over guy, if you ever watched the original series, that's what made it so popular! Every story was intriguing! The majority of people who will be watching this show are not people who have just heard of this show for the first time, it's going to be people excited to see such an amazing show from their generation be resurrected.

I mean they've been able to do wonders with the new Degrassi, so you never know....ironically, the main character being Shenae Grimes in this new show...(since she's from Degrassi).

But to be fair to the original Degrassi, I never got to see it, because I'm guessing it only aired in Canada then.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post May 24th 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #18

Group: Blend Artists

I love that Darci from Degrassi (whatever the actresses name is) is in it. I don't think I'll tune in though. But good for her getting her career moving! original.gif

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
VintageLovesong
post May 24th 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD7: Billy Bell

This show looks so awesome. I know i'll love it. shocked.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Blend: Sandra!
+Quote Post
esieshe
post May 25th 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #20

when will this be shown?

--------------------
+Quote Post

87 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 20th 2014, 6:30 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol