Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> sanjaya was the entertainment at a bat mitzvah, there is also a gallery of pics with this article!
sprout
post Mar 10th 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #1

guy's official tour guide

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Bat mitzvah girl gets stars, lesson in giving

BY ANNE BRATSKEIR.Special to Newsday
March 9, 2008

The last time former "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar, 18, got his lustrous locks shorn was in April 2007. But yesterday, the lanky teen, known for being among Idol's worst yet most beloved finalists, got the royal treatment at chic hairdo hub NuBest Salon & Spa in Manhasset.

Arriving at noon with his hair pulled into a tight topknot, Malakar was impressed with the glitzy salon. "It's great. It's beautiful. I've never been to a salon like this."

He was readying for another first. Last evening, he would entertain at 12-year-old Rachel Lader's black-tie, 300-guest bat mitzvah at Oheka Castle in Huntington. She planned to donate her bat mitzvah gifts to charities including Best Buddies, Willie Randolph Foundation, Realizing The Dream and DeWayne Murcer Memorial Foundation.

"No, I've never done a bat mitzvah before," said a smiling Malakar, who planned to serenade the Woodbury girl with "Isn't She Lovely" during her first dance with daddy. Afterward, it would be "You Really Got Me," which he sang twice on "Idol," once with Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry.

Malakar, who relocated from Seattle to Los Angeles with sister Shyamali and a cousin to work on music, says life after "Idol" is "a whirlwind. While you're on it, it moves so fast. But afterwards, you can kind of sit back and see what happens."

He did sit back as his famous hair was handled by at least three stylists including Jamie Mazzei, who trimmed 2 1/2 inches and worked with a razor to "accentuate the natural curl." Stylist Glen Davis tried out a version of Malakar's "faux hawk," but Malakar's publicist nixed it, saying it was "old Sanjaya." He left with a classic free-floating mane courtesy of salon owner Michael Mazzei. An MTV crew, working on a segment about catching up with Sanjaya one year after "Idol," documented the whole scene.

Malakar isn't the only big name on the guest list. Rachel, whose theme was "Rachel's Red Carpet," planned to make her entrance flanked by Giants Super Bowl champs Brandon Jacobs and Osi Umenyiora, and song duo Ashford and Simpson were slated to appear as well. Her dad, Spencer Lader, who until recently ran a sports memorabilia company, said nobody was being paid to appear. "I have a lot of connections," said Lader. "And Rachel's going to be giving all of her gifts to charity. We do want this to be a very special day, but it also allows us to learn a lesson about those who have less and those who need."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/...0,5762696.story

there is also a gallery included in the article that shows pics of when sanjaya went to a salon to get his hair done! cute pics!!!! w00t.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 10th 2008, 10:38 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
sprout
post Mar 10th 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #2

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif heart.gif heartbounce.gif heartbounce.gif heartbounce.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
digigirl02
post Mar 11th 2008, 7:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Judge: Steven Tyler
Fav. AI 10: Team Sausage FTW

Awesome.

--------------------

IPB Image
We're Here Because We Are Not All There-Steven Tyler
+Quote Post
PhilStaceyPhan07
post Mar 12th 2008, 3:33 PM
Post #4

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Kradison <3

i just saw that on MTV news!!!!! i was so happy to see him, he looks hott!

--------------------
Rest In Peace Michael Johns. You will be missed. We'll see you across the universe someday.
IPB Image
Icon by Jess ~ Facebook - Twitter - Instagram ~ Carry On...
+Quote Post
sprout
post Mar 12th 2008, 6:52 PM
Post #5

ahhh!

i heard he is on TRL all week this week, so keep watching. if someone could tape, even better. w00t.gif

they also updated his interview saying that he will be in the audience on american idol in a few weeks, and will do commentating!!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

it won't be in the next 2 weeks cuz he will be leaving for japan this friday and will be there for 2 weeks. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 11:18 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol