Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

28 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> College Softball, anyone watch or like?
ShortstopVM
post Jun 12th 2011, 6:04 PM
Post #461

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

OMG, what is going on now with Patrick Murphy? wacko.gif pinch.gif Given the current sentiment back in Tuscaloosa, I'm willing to bet that that he won't be coaching in the SEC next season..

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
NYG|NYK|NYR|UMD | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 12th 2011, 6:04 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

krazykelli
post Jun 12th 2011, 6:09 PM
Post #462

Fav. Person: Dianna Agron

I'm pretty sure Alabama is going to hire Patrick back, and I for one WANT it to happen. These girls are so happy right now. I just want to know what his reasoning was for leaving LSU to come back. I want him back 100%, but I just want to know the truth. I personally believe he regretted his decision, since he made his decision to go to LSU in 4 days. I just want him back because I know our players want him back.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jun 12th 2011, 6:45 PM
Post #463

It's official, Patrick Murphy will return to coach Alabama

Murphy Returns

I know I said some angry things earlier, but I KNOW this is a good man. He poured his heart into this program, and he has said that LSU made him realize this is where he wants to be. I feel that this is very genuine. I for one, am happy that these 15 girls can have a smile again, judging from their facebooks and twitters, they are ecstatic. I am also glad that Alabama can move on and put this mess behind us.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jun 24th 2011, 4:35 PM
Post #464

Dallas Escobedo is nominated for and ESPY for the "Best College Female Athlete" and IMO full on deserves the award. yes.gif Definitely giving her my vote!

Oh and here is one of the interviews with Coach Murphy regarding his return:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06..._his_retur.html

We are also getting an expansion to our stadium which will now seat 4,000 people! I am so ready for February to get here!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jul 6th 2011, 1:36 PM
Post #465

Patrick Murphy hired former BAMA pitcher Stephanie VanBrakle as our new pitching coach. yes.gif

In other news, here is a list of tournaments that has been gathered so far for the 2012 season: http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5319644

There are two certain teams that will be competing against one another in the Easton Challenge shifty.gif . I'm assuming it will be in Tuscaloosa due to us always hosting the Easton Challenge, and that UAB is in it. I can't see them traveling that far, but then again I'm not sure. I'm expecting us to try and go as close to New York as we can for Senior Cassie Reilly-Boccia's hometown visit, so I wouldn't be shocked if UMass wasn't hosting. But with UAB participating, I'm leaning towards Tuscaloosa.

Maryland is also playing in a very good tournament for the FAU Kickoff Classic, by playing probably Michigan and Kentucky. Those two teams plus Alabama is going to be a HUGE RPI boost. It's great that Maryland continues to play tough opponents. Going to do nothing but make them better yes.gif . And I for one am nervous about playing y'all, due to how close our last meeting was, so I'm praying it's in Tuscaloosa. We usually play our best there. laughing.gif

ALSO: The underlined tournaments mean the field is complete. There's still a lot more tournament fields to figure out as only a few are complete.

This post has been edited by krazykelli: Jul 6th 2011, 1:37 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Jul 9th 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #466

QUOTE(krazykelli @ Jul 6th 2011, 2:36 PM) *
In other news, here is a list of tournaments that has been gathered so far for the 2012 season: http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5319644

There are two certain teams that will be competing against one another in the Easton Challenge shifty.gif . I'm assuming it will be in Tuscaloosa due to us always hosting the Easton Challenge, and that UAB is in it. I can't see them traveling that far, but then again I'm not sure. I'm expecting us to try and go as close to New York as we can for Senior Cassie Reilly-Boccia's hometown visit, so I wouldn't be shocked if UMass wasn't hosting. But with UAB participating, I'm leaning towards Tuscaloosa.
Maryland is also playing in a very good tournament for the FAU Kickoff Classic, by playing probably Michigan and Kentucky. Those two teams plus Alabama is going to be a HUGE RPI boost. It's great that Maryland continues to play tough opponents. Going to do nothing but make them better yes.gif . And I for one am nervous about playing y'all, due to how close our last meeting was, so I'm praying it's in Tuscaloosa. We usually play our best there. laughing.gif

ALSO: The underlined tournaments mean the field is complete. There's still a lot more tournament fields to figure out as only a few are complete.

Thanks for posting the tournament schedule! yes.gif It feels just like yesterday that the Terps were at the FAU Tournament - they were last there in 2010. I'm glad to see that we're scheduling tough opponents. As long as we don't get embarassed by those teams (like UNC did this past season), we should be fine. yes.gif However, I also wish we would schedule marquee opponents for the out-of-conference portion of our Home schedule. Aside from Fordham, we haven't had a maqruee OOC opponent since 2009, when we played a Northwestern team that went to the WCWS the year before, and had two of the best hitters in the nation.

And yes, I'll be looking forward to that Maryland/Alabama matchup! devil.gif Consider it another "bragging rights" game on this thread. shifty.gif Seeing as this is scheduld for March 2-4, I'm pretty sure that it'll be in Tuscaloosa. As far as Cassie Reilly-Boccia's "homecoming" goes, I would expect Bama to schedule a road game at either Fordham (which is the closest school to Yorktown Heights) or even Hofstra (which is on LI).

As far as the Terps are concerned, yes, we're only getting better from here: if Kendra Knight pitches the way she did at Regionals, runs are going to be at a premium - even a two-run lead would be considered "a big lead". In the long run, she could even become the ACC Pitcher of the Year. sorcerer.gif We've got a pitcher coming in, who was best HS pitcher in the state of Maryland this past season. And let's not forget about Ashley Czechner and how much of a beast she is. omg.gif Our pitching is going to be fine, and that's being modest. On offense, Vangie Galindo has the potential to succeed Kelsi Weseman as the best hitter in the ACC. We've got everything we need; if we can just hit in the clutch, we can squeeze out a few more wins - especially against ranked teams and the RPI Top 50, finally win the ACC Tournament, and finally get into the Super Regionals and the WCWS. yes.gif

Now, if we can just find assistant coaches. detective2.gif I heard that both Angela Tincher AND Yolanda McRae left, and we need to look for new assistants now... bye2.gif unsure.gif

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Jul 9th 2011, 12:45 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Aug 10th 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #467

Charlotte Morgan has been hired as the new pitching coach for Maryland yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Oct 26th 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #468

Feb. 10-12 At South Alabama Classic (Jax State, Lipscomb, Memphis, South Alabama)
Feb. 17-19 At Auburn Tournament (Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State)
Feb. 21 At UAB
Feb. 24-26 Easton Bama Bash! (East Carolina, North Dakota State, Southern Illinois)
March 2-4 Alabama Invitational (UAB, Maryland, UMass)
March 7 Samford
March 9 At Kentucky
March 10 At Kentucky
March 11 At Kentucky
March 13 At Oregon
March 14 At Portland State
March 16 Ole Miss
March 17 Ole Miss
March 18 Ole Miss
March 21 Tennessee (2)
March 23-25 Easton Alabama Challenge (DePaul, Longwood)
March 27 At Auburn (2)
March 30 At Mississippi State
March 31 At Mississippi State
April 1 At Mississippi State
April 6 LSU
April 7 LSU
April 8 LSU
April 13 South Carolina
April 14 South Carolina
April 15 South Carolina
April 18 Georgia State
April 20 At Georgia
April 21 At Georgia
April 22 At Georgia
April 25 Troy
April 27 At Arkansas
April 28 At Arkansas
April 29 At Arkansas
May 4 Florida
May 5 Florida
May 6 Florida
May 7 At Fordham
May 10-12 SEC Tournament (Tuscaloosa)

Not gonna lie, this schedule worries me a little. I can't believe we're playing Florida LAST. pinch.gif I'm very excited that we're hosting the SEC Tournament though! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jan 16th 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #469

Season is just 26 days away!

I'm really hoping to see us in OKC this year. I'm not that worried about Jackie Traina in terms of pitching, since I really feel she is a better pitcher than what Kelsi Dunne was in her sophomore campaign. I've heard nothing but good things regarding Leslie Jury as well.

What I am worried about is our hitting. Whitney Larsen was, in my opinion, the best player to come to Alabama, even better than Charlotte Morgan. We have great hitters in Cassie Reilly-Boccia, Kayla Braud, Jennifer Fenton, Jaz Lunceford, Amanda Locke, Kaila Hunt, Jackie Traina, etc. The main hitter that I'm thinking will become a "leader" is Courtney Conley.

And I'm saying it now, the freshman you need to be watching is Danae Hays.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jan 24th 2012, 7:59 PM
Post #470

Preseason polls are out! Ranked #2 in the NCAA/ESPN poll and #3 in the NFCA poll. ASU was ranked #1 in both polls. Kind of surprised, since I was expecting Cal to be 1, ASU 2, FL 3, and Bama 4.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1

http://nfca.org/top25/index.php?cat_id=1

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Feb 9th 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #471

Season starts today! Our first game is tomorrow against Memphis. Pumped!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Feb 12th 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #472

Went 4-0 this weekend for a combined 38 runs. Jackie Traina only gave up one run for the weekend, Lauren Sewell gave up 3, and Leslie Jury only gave up one in relief. w00t.gif

Jackie Traina in her sophomore year is a lot better than what Kelsi Dunne was during her sophomore year, imo. We have 5 very capable pitchers, and I'm for one NOT worried about our pitching.

On the hitting, even though we hit for 38 runs, I'm still worried. Whitney Larsen is far and away the best player to ever put on an Alabama uniform, yes, even better than Charlotte Morgan, and replacing her at the plate is CRUCIAL. So, I'm still waiting to see what we're going to do about that. I still stand by what I say in that Courtney Conley will be our hitter. We have easily one of the best outfields in the country, with Kayla Braud, Jen Fenton, and Jaz Lunceford. Amanda Locke continued to be a beast at the plate, and Kaila Hunt has already hit 3 home runs. Jackey Branham essentially won her the second base position today. Very impressed by her this weekend.

Next weekend... fear2.gif Georgia Tech...Oklahoma St...Oklahoma...HOLY SH*T. This weekend against Kellani Ricketts, we will really see how our hitting is this season.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 16th 2012, 6:13 AM
Post #473

So much has happened since I last posted here: Aside from Charlotte Morgan as the pitching coach, we also added, Kelly Kretschman (do you remember her? shifty.gif ) as a volunteer assistant. yes.gif

We also made an in-the-family hiring with Terp Alum Amber Jackson, who had previously worked for the program in academic support, and was coaching HS ball in Northern Virginia. As a player, she followed Coach Watten from Bethune-Cookman to UMD in 2007, and proceeded to lead the nation with twenty-four homers in her only season here (she was a Senior). yes.gif

Here is our schedule, and I will highlight some of that:

February 17-19: FAU Kick-off Classic. The Lady Terps literally have to wake up for their first game, with a 9AM tilt against LIU. laughing.gif Michigan is next. Kentucky is another notable opponent this weekend.

February 22: Opening Day vs. Oakland (DH). I actually went back through the archives, and since Taylor Stadium opened in 2002, this is the earliest we've had a Home Opener AND this will be the first time that we've had a Home Opener before the Baseball team (who will play their first Home game on March 2). It might be the coldest home game(s) of the season lol... cold.gif

March 2-4: The Terps travel to Tuscaloosa for a tournament. We have UMass, UAB... And Alabama. shifty.gif This is going to be fun. devil.gif

March 9-11: Maryland Round Robin. Princeton, Rhode Island, and Kent State. This should be five wins for us.

March 24-25: Watten's Women travel to Chapel Hill, in a rematch of one of last year's ACC Semifinal games. UNC, lead by ace Lori Spignola, took two out of three from us in the regular season, and then knocked us out of the ACC Tourney. Prima Donna [Papa] and her team will be out for our blood, after getting snubbed from last year's NCAA Tourney. While this series may not establish who's the boss (that's big bad Georgia Tech), it may set the tone for the rest of the season. Also, this is not the last trip the Terps are making to UNC this year... shifty.gif

March 31-April 1: Virginia Tech comes to town, for our ACC Home Opener. Two years ago, we were able to light up Jasmin HarrelLOL. Last year, we swept the Hokies in their house, with all three games being close. Let's see if we can cook some Turkeys again...

April 7-8: Welcome to Atlanta, where the Yellow Jackets play. Just as the Braves had been a foil to the Mets in the late 1990's-early 2000's, Georgia Tech has been a foil to Maryland for the entirety of Coach Watten's tenure (since 2006). Although it was two year ago, I remember the Meltdown at Mewborne like it was yesterday. no.gif Let's get that watershed-moment win we were never able to get in 2010, okay? sorcerer.gif The Sunday game is on ESPNU.

April 14-15: Ahhh yes, Rivalry Weekend on campus: While the Men's Lacrosse team travels to Homewood to play Johns Hopkins and the Baseball team hosts Dook, the Softball team takes on border rival Virginia, lead by Melanie Mitchell. If the Cavalier ace is back to her 2010 form, the Knight-vs.-Mitchell pitching matchups should be an exciting duel...

May 5-6: Maryland hosts Florida State in the final Home series of the regular season. Senior Day is that Sunday. This series could determine the top half of the ACC table, and more eyes will be on College Park, moreso than on the Circle Heels at Boston... It would also be my last regular season home game(s) as an undergrad. shocked.gif

May 10-12: ACC Tournament in Chapel Hill. It doesn't matter who "won" the Regular Season; this is the weekend where THE ACC Champion is determined. It only takes three wins.

As far as the Out-of-Conference schedule goes, I’m a little disappointed by the fact that we get no big-name opponents this season. closedeyes.gif Granted, the likes of Oakland, Howard, Delaware State, and area rival George Mason will result in eight easy wins for us, but I would've liked to see a marquee matchup against a team from a BCS conference, or a great mid-major. We’ve had the likes of Fordham, ECU, and Hofstra pass through our gates… But nothing will beat watching a Northwestern team that was coming off a WCWS appearance, with a few nationally-recognized players on their roster. It was a hell of a game for the first six innings… yes.gif

My Prediction: 42 wins (12 in ACC play), another Top 3 Finish, and yes, that NCAA Tournament Bid. yes.gif

LOL at the other seven coaches, who picked us to finish 5th in the ACC. Okay, we'll all give First Place to Georgia Tech, but you don't win the auto-bid (or a trophy) by finishing first in the standings. tongue.gif

Bold Prediction: Kendra Knight will be your ACC Pitcher of the Year, surviving a close race with Lori Spignola. yes.gif Aside from her (and probably a healthy Melanie Mitchell), who else will challenge these two? unsure.gif

Rise-and-shine, the season begins bright and early at 9AM on Friday. LET'S GOOOOOO MARYLAND! clap.gif clap.gif

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Feb 16th 2012, 6:17 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 16th 2012, 6:19 AM
Post #474

QUOTE(krazykelli @ Feb 12th 2012, 7:21 PM) *
Next weekend... fear2.gif Georgia Tech...Oklahoma St...Oklahoma...HOLY SH*T. This weekend against Kellani Ricketts, we will really see how our hitting is this season.

PLEASE beat Georgia Tech! IPB Image I would love nothing more than to see an ACC foe get its butt handed to... yes.gif sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Feb 17th 2012, 9:48 PM
Post #475

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Feb 16th 2012, 5:19 AM) *

PLEASE beat Georgia Tech! IPB Image I would love nothing more than to see an ACC foe get its butt handed to... yes.gif sorcerer.gif

And we pull it off!! Not only did we beat GA Tech 12-9, you guys beat Michigan 7-3. omg.gif That was a great game! And having Charlotte Morgan and Kelly Kretschman on the staff will help even more yes.gif . They're two of the most legendary players at Bama.

This game against GA Tech was a battle. Jackie Traina has been having flu like symptoms for a few days so I came into this game worried. She battled through it and our offense came up when they needed to. Great win for us at this time of the season. We HAVE to work on our defense. We gave up too many runs that shouldn't have been given up.

I'm hoping we get to play OSU and OU tomorrow, but the weather here is probably not going to allow it.

EDIT: We play Virgina Tech tomorrow morning, not OSU.

This post has been edited by krazykelli: Feb 17th 2012, 10:30 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 18th 2012, 3:58 AM
Post #476

QUOTE(krazykelli @ Feb 17th 2012, 9:48 PM) *
And we pull it off!! Not only did we beat GA Tech 12-9, you guys beat Michigan 7-3. omg.gif That was a great game! And having Charlotte Morgan and Kelly Kretschman on the staff will help even more yes.gif . They're two of the most legendary players at Bama.

EDIT: We play Virgina Tech tomorrow morning, not OSU.

Thanks for beating the Bumblebees! grin.gif I think you know how I feel about the Hokies as wel (Hint: Beat them, too!)l... shifty.gif

And yes, I know! w00t.gif w00t.gif I was actually not surprised that we had a chance against Michigan (after all, we started our Ace pitcher, Kendra Knight in that game); I was surprised that we beat the Wolverines by that score - I was expecting a close, low-scoring Pitcher's Duel. yes.gif The fact that we rallied from an early 2-0 deficit against a powerhouse like UM shows that Watten's Women have developed a mental toughness. yes.gif

Earlier in the morning, we beat LIU, 3-1. Freshman stud Kaitlyn Schmeiser made her Terps debut in the circle, striking out nine Blackbirds in a two-hitter. yes.gif

M GO TERPS! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Feb 19th 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #477

And we get through the weekends with some wins! Unfortunately the downpour in Auburn made the Alabama/Oklahoma game get cancelled, which I was really looking forward to. I think we faced a lot of adversity this weekend and kept fighting every inning, which will help us down the road.

We beat Virgina Tech 7-3, and it was a fairly good game for freshman Leslie Jury. Only one of the runs was earned, and the other two were due to walks and errors. Once our defense calms down and Jury starts to get more into the groove, she's going to a solid #2 pitcher behind Jackie Traina.

The Oklahoma State game looked closer than it really was, with us winning 3-1. Traina had a perfect game going until the 4th inning when she gave up a solo home run (the first homer allowed by Alabama so far), and that was the only hit she allowed. We collected 12 hits in the game, with seniors Cassie Reilly-Boccia and Kendall Dawson both hitting solo shots.

For this weekend, I was very impressed with our offense. We scored 22 runs in 3 games, and held the other teams to 13 runs. But we have to work on our defense. Most of the runs scored in the Georgia Tech and Virgina Tech games were due to errors or miscues by our defense. Thankfully that is something that we can work on, and it should work itself out by the time conference play comes.

We travel to UAB on Tuesday, and then this weekend we're playing at home for the Bama Bash! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 19th 2012, 9:33 PM
Post #478

Yesterday, we got run-ruled by Wright State, 8-0, but defeated FAU, 4-1. I'll be honest, losses to schools like Wright State shouldn't happen, but at least it took place early enough in the season (before we know where anyone's going) that it may be negated given that we play consistently well throughout the season; as a comparison, UNC - who was on the bubble - lost to Campbell (whose RPI was somewhere in the 110's) in April; that was part of the reason why they missed the NCAA Tourney.

But anyways, on to today - we beat #22 Kentucky in nine innings! omg.gif clap.gif Knight had eleven Ks in all nine innings of work. Sara Acosta scored the winning run after being moved over by two sacrifice hits (apparently, the International Tiebreakers rule was in effect).

It's only the first weekend of the season and we've knocked off two ranked teams. stud.gif censored.gif yeah, Terps Softball! IPB Image

This post has been edited by ShortstopVM: Feb 19th 2012, 9:35 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 22nd 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #479

When I first saw that our Home Opener would be on February 22, I did not think that temperatures in the 50's would be a possibility. Guess what? It's a great day for softball [given the time of year]. Terps play a doubleheader against Oakland today; let's get it done, Ladies!

LET'S GOOOOOOOO, MARYLAND! clap.gif clap.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Feb 24th 2012, 6:09 PM
Post #480

We swept Oakland on Wednesday night, 7-3 and 10-2 (five innings)! clap.gif While the Golden Grizzlies pretty much made it a dogfight by scoring the tying run in the third to mak it 2-all, the Terps responded with three runs in the bottom half of the third, and two more runs in the sixth put the game away. yes.gif Kendra Knight had twelve Ks inthe first game. yes.gif

In the second game, the Grizzlies torched Kaitlyn Schmeiser for two runs in the first two innings of her Taylor Stadium debut. She would eventually settle down and allow only two baserunners the rest of the game.

The offense took it from there, scoring four runs in the third and five runs in the fourth - capped off with a two-run homer from Candice Beards! clap.gif After Schmeiser pitched a 1-2-3 fifth, Maryland would eventually end the game (via run-rule) by scoring in the bottom of that inning. yes.gif

Freshman catcher Shannon Bustillos brought the fireworks to her own welcome party, hitting a solo shot in the third inning of Game 1, and catching a total of three runners stealing in the doubleheader; she has a cannon for an arm. yes.gif

Schmeiser had a solid first start at home, allowing only two runs and six hits. She only got better as the game went on. She definitely was feeding off the energy of the home crowd and her teammates; after she struck out the go-ahead run to end the fourth, she was pumped! smile.gif

So, the Terps swept Oakland at home. What are they doing next? They're going to DisneyWorld! sorcerer.gif They have a five-game round-robin this weekend, starting with Southern Illinois and Marshall. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

28 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 1:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol