Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

117 Pages V « < 112 113 114 115 116 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hillary Clinton Supporters!
Stormiya
post Dec 5th 2011, 7:34 PM
Post #2261

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

Meryl Streep Urged to play Hillary Clinton
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/1211/M...on.html?showall

Meryl as Hillary woyld be pretty amazing yes.gif I can't wait to see her as Margaret Thatcher in her latest film! "The Iron Lady" is what its called I think...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 5th 2011, 7:34 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Stormiya
post Dec 6th 2011, 2:06 PM
Post #2262

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/12...765b521edc.html

Clinton's gay rights pitch
By BYRON TAU | 12/06/11 1:16 PM Updated: 12/06/11 1:24 PM

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made the case for gay rights around the world Tuesday, calling for the legal barriers to full equality for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered individuals to fall away and acknowledging American shortcomings on the issue at home.

"I speak about this issue knowing that my own country’s record on these issues is far from perfect," Clinton said. "I come here before you with respect, understanding and humility. Even though progress on this front is not easy, we cannot delay acting."

Clinton, speaking at an event in advance of Human Rights Day in Geneva, equated the struggle for gay rights to other mass movements for equality around the world -- including in the United States.

"The story of the United States is the story of a country that has grappled with inequality," Clinton said. "The march towards equality and justice has continued. Those who advocate for expanding the circle for human rights were on the right side of history. Those who try to constrict human rights were wrong."

Clinton's remarks are part of a rollout of a new administration initiative that will consider a country's record on gay rights when administering foreign aid. The secretary also announced a global equality fund dedicated to help advancing the cause of gay rights. Clinton said the U.S. government had set aside more than $3 million to start the fund.

“Let us be on the right side of history,” Clinton said.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Dec 6th 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #2263

Hillary's Speech on Gay Rights Abroad can be watched here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/h...0684,b=facebook

This post has been edited by Stormiya: Dec 6th 2011, 10:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Dec 9th 2011, 5:31 PM
Post #2264

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/09/h..._n_1139424.html

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration shocked reproductive rights groups this week when it struck down a recommendation by government scientists to make Plan B emergency contraception available to women of all ages without a prescription. Although President Obama said the decision was made solely by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, he presented a united front Thursday and told reporters he agreed with her decision.

But within the highest ranks of the Obama administration is one of Plan B's greatest advocates: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who has not publicly commented on Sebelius' decision.

Before joining Obama's team, Clinton used her perch as the junior senator from New York to push for women to have wider access to the morning-after pill.

Clinton, along with Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), were "champions for science driving FDA-decision making," said Susan Wood, an associate professor at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services. In 2005, Wood resigned as a top official at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when the Bush administration delayed a decision on Plan B access, accusing officials of undue political interference.

"They were very careful never to try to direct the FDA what to do, but they knew that FDA, if it were making its decision based on science and medicine, would be the best decision for women and women's health," Wood said about Clinton, Murray and Mikulski. "They were tireless, and they were there for us."

In April 2005, Clinton and Murray announced they were blocking the nomination of Lester Crawford, President George W. Bush's choice to head the FDA, until the agency made a decision about whether to make Plan B available over the counter, without a prescription.

"We appreciate Dr. Crawford coming in to meet with us today, but the bottom line is that the FDA has had the Plan B application for years and the American people simply need an answer yes or no. Science should never take a back seat to politics and ideology," Clinton said.

"As senator, Hillary Clinton was instrumental in getting a decision from the Bush FDA about Plan B," said Jessica Arons, director of the Women's Health and Rights Program at the Center for American Progress. "She and Senator Murray had to put a hold on two FDA Commissioner nominees before the FDA finally agreed to make Plan B available without a prescription for adult women."

The FDA finally decided in 2006 that it would allow women age 18 and over to buy the pill without a prescription. In 2009, that floor was lowered to 17, after a judge ordered the agency to ease access to the drug, after determining the Bush administration's decision had been driven by politics, not science.

In a Jan. 24, 2005 speech to the New York State Family Planning Providers, Clinton was even more explicit in her views on Plan B.

"Another form of family planning that should be widely available to women is 'Plan B,' Emergency Contraception," said Clinton. "I agree with the scientists on the Food and Drug Administration's Advisory Panel who voted overwhelmingly that Plan B is safe and effective for over the counter use. And I worked to launch a GAO investigation into the process of denying Barr Laboratories' application because I believe the decision was influenced more by ideology than evidence."

"I am hopeful that the FDA will come to its senses and announce a new policy making Plan B available," she continued. "Information about Plan B should be available over the counter, which is exactly what the FDA's Advisory Committee recommended. It should also be made available -- automatically -- to women who are victims of sexual assault and rape."

The FDA Advisory Panel concluded that Plan B was safe to be sold to women over the counter -- a conclusion Clinton said she agreed with.

"The original FDA Advisory committee that recommended approval for Plan B, was virtually unanimous in its recommendation, and didn't find reason to draw a line at 18 or 17 or any age," Dr. Paula Hillard, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Stanford University School of Medicine, told ABC News.

A Clinton spokesman did not return a request for comment, and it's unlikely that the Secretary of State would come out and publicly disagree with both the president and her fellow Cabinet member even if she didn't support their decision. But Wood stressed that in the past, Clinton has always backed the FDA's scientists and reviewers.

"I think Secretary Clinton would always depend on FDA to make decisions based on science and the evidence," said Wood. "I think Secretary Clinton would always put the science and the evidence first when it comes to a decision the FDA should be making. And that's what this is. This is a decision the FDA should be making without interference."

Murray continues to her work on the issue in the Senate. She is leading the response of the chamber's pro-choice women, and will be writing a letter to the administration asking for more information about the decision.

"I'm very disappointed that Secretary Sebelius has chosen to override the careful scientific analysis of the FDA by blocking further access to emergency contraception," she said in a statement. "In this case, both the FDA and the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research did careful analysis and determined that Plan B is safe and effective for over-the-counter use by more women. That analysis included a thorough review of whether young women understood usage restrictions."

In her statement rejecting the FDA's recommendation to make Plan B available over the counter to everyone, Sebelius argued that there had not been enough research done on the effect it would have on young girls.

Definately don't agree with Obama And Sebelius blocking this. Made me think back to 08 when NARALProChoice America basically stabbed Hillary in the back at the very end of the primary season and it really pissed me off because it was really unnecessary and now a part of me like want to forward this to them with a post it that says "LOL"

That endorsement just really pissed me off..that is all. haha.gif

This post has been edited by Stormiya: Dec 9th 2011, 5:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Jan 26th 2012, 3:21 PM
Post #2265

Hillary's headbands are making a comeback!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-p...NfSQQ_blog.html

Also
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01...ics-112419.html

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Thursday that she's ready to step off "the high wire of American politics."

Clinton, who's already made it clear that she won't be serving in a second Obama term if there is one, told State Department employees that she's ready to be out of the public eye."I think after 20 years -- and it will be 20 years -- of being on the high wire of American politics and all of the challenges that come with that, it would be probably a good idea to just find out how tired I am."

Clinton finds it "a little odd for me to be totally out of an election season" after being involved as a presidential and senatorial candidate, and as a key surrogate for her husband's White House campaigns.

Still, she said she's enjoying being out of the political back-and-forth and has not watched any of the Republican presidential hopefuls' debates. "You know, I didn't watch any of those debates," she said with a smile.

Clinton also ducked a question about being President Obama's runningmate this year, a rumor that's been boomeranging for months. "I am happy to work with Vice President Biden, who does an excellent job," she said.

I really hope its only a break for 2016. I know its not likely and I don't blame her...but I am still gonna hope! yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jan 26th 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #2266

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Jan 26th 2012, 3:21 PM) *

Hillary's headbands are making a comeback!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-p...NfSQQ_blog.html

Also
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01...ics-112419.html
I really hope its only a break for 2016. I know its not likely and I don't blame her...but I am still gonna hope! yes.gif

lol, I noticed that at the State of the Union speech. At least she's wearing sleeker ones now.

This was on the front page of news site. Why are they acting like this is new? From the way the headlines were written, it was like she's stepping down now. She's not, is she?

You know the VP talk is gonna go into overdrive now! haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Jan 26th 2012, 9:06 PM
Post #2267

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Jan 26th 2012, 6:44 PM) *

lol, I noticed that at the State of the Union speech. At least she's wearing sleeker ones now.

This was on the front page of news site. Why are they acting like this is new? From the way the headlines were written, it was like she's stepping down now. She's not, is she?

You know the VP talk is gonna go into overdrive now! haha.gif

Nothing was 'sleek' in the 90s haha.gif

lmao.gif I know! I totally first went to the article because the headline made it sound like she was resigning today. I was like Woah! Assholes. She made it sound like she would wait for Obama to win another term.

Those always make me laugh. Poor Biden haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 6th 2012, 6:52 PM
Post #2268

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/201...71231328468822/
Clinton: Not enough women in peacekeeping

MUNICH, Germany, Feb. 5 (UPI) -- More women should be involved in the international peacekeeping process, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Sunday in Munich, Germany.

In remarks made at a breakfast held in support of women in international security, Clinton said not enough women's voices are being heard.

"And when the [United Nations] Security Council passed Resolution 1325, we tried to make a very clear statement, that women are still largely shut out of the negotiations that seek to end conflicts, even though women and children are the primary victims of 21st century conflict," she said.

Clinton was in Germany to attend the 48th Munich Security Conference, which was held Thursday through Sunday.

She said she counted the women in attendance at the conference and "there were not enough."

"And in the last two decades, dozens of conflicts have persisted because peace efforts were unsuccessful. Talks broke down, agreements were broken, parties found it easier to fight than to negotiate. And far too often in these failed efforts women were marginalized, making up, by one estimate, just 8 percent of all peace negotiators," Clinton said.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 21st 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #2269

Did anyone see the "American Experience: Clinton" on PBS? There were two parts.

here is part one
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience...clinton/player/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 26th 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #2270

Hillary gives a speech on the empowerment of Young People in Tunisa!

This post has been edited by Stormiya: Feb 26th 2012, 5:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
STARofAI
post Feb 28th 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #2271

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:03 PM) *

Hillary gives a speech on the empowerment of Young People in Tunisa!

.........IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post Mar 4th 2012, 2:18 AM
Post #2272

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:58 PM) *

Did anyone see the "American Experience: Clinton" on PBS? There were two parts.

here is part one
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience...clinton/player/

I randomly caught the first hour of it (then came 30 Rock, so forgive me). I was surprised at how much attention they gave Hillary. Just expect it to be 99.9% Bill.

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 5th 2012, 8:05 PM
Post #2273

QUOTE(adamsmo @ Mar 4th 2012, 12:18 AM) *

I randomly caught the first hour of it (then came 30 Rock, so forgive me). I was surprised at how much attention they gave Hillary. Just expect it to be 99.9% Bill.

Yeah I loved how much attention they gave her to. Just showed how much they function as a team. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 12th 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #2274

Oh, Hillary, I know that political fire is still burning!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 12th 2012, 5:23 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 12th 2012, 6:20 PM
Post #2275

I really think she might run in 2016. Take a breather for like a year maybe put out another book and then run!
She is so needed at the time too!!!

Did you see Meryl Streep introduce her? LOVE IT!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 12th 2012, 6:39 PM
Post #2276

I did! Meryl looked great, and actually kind of reminded me of Hillary. And what she said about their different trajectories in college was funny.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 12th 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #2277

^ Yes!!

I really hope she gets to play Hillary one day. She was amazing as Margaret Thatcher!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 14th 2012, 4:15 PM
Post #2278

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/20...2016-run/49884/

Hillary Clinton is already an odds-on favorite to run for president in 2016, if you take your odds from people like Maureen Dowd and Game Change authors Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.

Discussing Dowd's column about a possible Hillary Clinton presidential run on Morning Joe Wednesday, Heilemann put the chance of a Clinton run at 99.4 percent (despite her past denials she'll seek the nomination). That gibes with Dowd's thesis that the recent furor over insurance-funded birth control (and the "craven" response of Republican candidates to Rush Limbaugh's comments on the subject) "has not only breathed life into President Obama, it has roused and riled Hillary."

Dowd also writes that "The Republican assault on women does, though, provide a glide path to the White House both for Obama in 2012 and Hillary in 2016." Halperin was a bit more conservative, saying his odds for a Clinton candidacy were "a little lower," but he did not give his own number. "I think that if Joe Biden wins reelection [as vice president] and runs, she’s much less likely to run,” he said. Biden's already on the record saying he'd consider a 2016 run. But in spite of her denial that she wants the job, Hillary's already the highest-profile possible candidate. Last month The New York Times' David Leonhardt wrote: "The candidate looming above all others is Hillary Rodham Clinton, who would instantaneously become the front-runner if she entered the race." Not bad advance praise should she decide to enter the race.

wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 15th 2012, 5:15 PM
Post #2279

^I saw that. I wonder if the Game Change guys are basing that on inside info, or if it's just their feeling.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 16th 2012, 2:03 AM
Post #2280

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 15th 2012, 4:15 PM) *

^I saw that. I wonder if the Game Change guys are basing that on inside info, or if it's just their feeling.

I would assume their feeling and maybe all that evidence they got from "Game Change" makes them think they understand her personality.

I could see all these issues getting under her skin though. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

117 Pages V « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 2nd 2014, 3:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol