Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

453 Pages V « < 419 420 421 422 423 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obama supporters
Famousgrl
post Apr 13th 2012, 5:04 PM
Post #8401

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Apr 12th 2012, 11:07 PM) *

Liz, I'm confused about that "voter rolls" thing - why is it such a big deal to be on it?

Here in Canada, you can be registered to vote at the polls on election day for any and all elections, because no matter what, we have the right to vote.

Well, there you go. Nothing to be confused about...what we're saying is that Republicans are deliberately making it not that easy here. They're doing everything they can to drop people from the voter rolls. Again, I ask. If they think they can win fair and square, why do they feel the need to do that? They know they can never win without all these shenanigans. They're showing their hand, and it's sad that they may get away with it.

Anyway, the media is so freakin' lazy. They're reporting Obama's effective tax rate of "20.5%" but neglecting to mention that it's in large part due to him giving a large part of his income to charity. happy.gif He gave over 20% of his income to charity, so of course his tax rate will be lower because of the charitable deduction. I don't think anyone has a problem with rich people donating to charity.

Romney donated to charity too, but his tax rate still would have been really low, because most of his income was from capital gains. Obama's income was normal income from the Presidency, and book sales.

Obama's effective tax rate was reduced significantly primarily due to a significant level of charitable contribution deductions ($172K). Without the "tax break" for those deductions, I calculate that his effective tax rate would have been 28.2%,

Every penny Obama made over $379,150 was taxed at a marginal tax rate of 35%

http://politicaldesk.blogspot.com/2012/04/...e-tax-rate.html

It's sad how they just in general don't bother to get into things.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 13th 2012, 5:04 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bumnummies
post Apr 17th 2012, 9:07 AM
Post #8402

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Apr 13th 2012, 6:04 PM) *

Well, there you go. Nothing to be confused about...what we're saying is that Republicans are deliberately making it not that easy here. They're doing everything they can to drop people from the voter rolls. Again, I ask. If they think they can win fair and square, why do they feel the need to do that? They know they can never win without all these shenanigans. They're showing their hand, and it's sad that they may get away with it.

Anyway, the media is so freakin' lazy. They're reporting Obama's effective tax rate of "20.5%" but neglecting to mention that it's in large part due to him giving a large part of his income to charity. happy.gif He gave over 20% of his income to charity, so of course his tax rate will be lower because of the charitable deduction. I don't think anyone has a problem with rich people donating to charity.

Romney donated to charity too, but his tax rate still would have been really low, because most of his income was from capital gains. Obama's income was normal income from the Presidency, and book sales.
http://politicaldesk.blogspot.com/2012/04/...e-tax-rate.html

It's sad how they just in general don't bother to get into things.

How can they do that though? like, I would have thought that voting - at least for your federal election - would be done on a federal basis? Federally regulated, federal laws, etc. I just don't get HOW they can get away with what they're trying to do, on a state-by-state basis... unsure.gif

LOL at the other stuff though... like, people are incapable of research... so quick to believe the first thing they hear. rolleyes.gif It should be illegal to report incorrect information on the news. There are already laws on false advertising, so it's only a step further than that. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bumnummies: Apr 17th 2012, 9:11 AM

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Apr 26th 2012, 9:13 AM
Post #8403

Group: Blend Artists

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
STARofAI
post Apr 29th 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #8404

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Apr 26th 2012, 8:13 AM) *

^5 thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 30th 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #8405

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

I love that the Prez can take a joke. And I love how Michelle cracks up when Jimmy makes the joke about Obama's ears. My other favourite: "Here's the difference between Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh. People who watch Bill Maher know he's an $^^@*(!."

Obama was pretty good himself:

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
kathydavid
post May 1st 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #8406

I really like that we have a president that can do stuff like the Kimmel show and be classy at the same time, and also not be an embarrassment in front of other world leaders. I can't imagine Obama trying to massage the shoulders of another world leader like Bush did!

--------------------
BB Chez FTW! IPB Image
+Quote Post
Niki
post May 9th 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #8407

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

I love Obama! I don't get why people blame him for the bad economy.. unsure.gif He's been trying to fix it and there actually has been a decrease in unemployment.. he's doing the best he can.. he just came into the office with a giant mess on his hands. I really hope he wins the election in November because I can see him doing a lot more to bring our country back.

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily. BB16: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.
TV7: Matt.Taylor.Joe.Mia.Luke.Amanda. S29: Natalie.Nadiya.Val.Jaclyn.Kelley.Jeremy.
TAR25:Surfers.Keith&Whitney.Firefighters.Amy&Maya.Shelley&Nici.

+Quote Post
Drew
post May 9th 2012, 2:57 PM
Post #8408

Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

Have to give President Obama credit for backing gay marriage publicly, becoming the first sitting president to do so. Especially considering how North Carolina voters feel, evidenced by the vote yesterday.

--------------------
IPB Image
set: istersay || xfuk: ben. jake. lauren. fleur. jay. only the young. paul. jack. stereo kicks. lola.
+Quote Post
Niki
post May 9th 2012, 6:33 PM
Post #8409

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(Drew @ May 9th 2012, 3:57 PM) *

Have to give President Obama credit for backing gay marriage publicly, becoming the first sitting president to do so. Especially considering how North Carolina voters feel, evidenced by the vote yesterday.

Very happy about him doing that as well. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily. BB16: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.
TV7: Matt.Taylor.Joe.Mia.Luke.Amanda. S29: Natalie.Nadiya.Val.Jaclyn.Kelley.Jeremy.
TAR25:Surfers.Keith&Whitney.Firefighters.Amy&Maya.Shelley&Nici.

+Quote Post
RWG
post May 9th 2012, 7:28 PM
Post #8410

Did anyone ever believe he really, truly held a moral issue with gay marriage to begin with?

Some are calling this a political stunt to energize his base and get momentum back, but try telling that to gays in America. They and their families must feel a huge level of dignity and legitimacy knowing that they now have a level of support unprecedented in American politics.

Win or lose the upcoming election, I'm sure Obama sleeps a lot easier at night knowing he did this.

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
newarchiefan
post May 10th 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #8411

Fav. Person: David Archuleta

Obama is great for finally supporting full equality.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Shosanna
post May 10th 2012, 3:51 AM
Post #8412

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI12: Burnell Taylor

I realise that Obama has just finally acknowledged something that should be clear to anyone in their right mind, but it's still an important step in finally reaching equality.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Smoochy
post May 26th 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #8413

Fav. Team: Notre Dame

QUOTE(RWG @ May 9th 2012, 7:28 PM) *

Did anyone ever believe he really, truly held a moral issue with gay marriage to begin with?

This. I always had a gut feeling that he supported it, just wasn't open about it until recently.

Obama 2012

This post has been edited by Smoochy: May 26th 2012, 2:43 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go Irish! 6-1
Notre Dame-27 | Florida State-31
+Quote Post
Shasta357
post Jun 1st 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #8414

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. XFUK: Ella Henderson

QUOTE(Niki @ May 9th 2012, 9:06 AM) *

I love Obama! I don't get why people blame him for the bad economy.. unsure.gif He's been trying to fix it and there actually has been a decrease in unemployment.. he's doing the best he can.. he just came into the office with a giant mess on his hands. I really hope he wins the election in November because I can see him doing a lot more to bring our country back.

It makes me laugh that Republicans, in particular, jump on Obama about the terrible economy. It seems they've forgotten that the economy went sour at the very end of Bush's second term, because of all the bad decisions he and fellow Republicans made financially over the previous 8 years. tongue.gif Yet they expect us to believe that they will now fix those problems? Oh please. kiss.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
playbiller
post Jun 9th 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #8415

here you go from Salon.com
Highly muddled arguments

It's impossible to argue economics with conservatives who have no idea what Ronald Reagan really did -- tax, spend

The argument goes like this…hmmm…again, I’m not really sure how it goes. Something like this:

–Reagan and Obama both took office during recessions, but the Reagan recovery was much better.

–Why? Because he spent less.

Except for the inconvenient facts that the causes and depths of the recessions were very different, with real GDP and jobs falling much more in the Great Recession—the one we’re still climbing out of. Monetary policy was hugely different, in ways I’ll show in a moment.

And he didn’t spend less—Krugman, Friday:

I find it especially instructive to look at spending levels three years into each man’s administration — that is, in the first quarter of 1984 in Reagan’s case, and in the first quarter of 2012 in Mr. Obama’s — compared with four years earlier, which in each case more or less corresponds to the start of an economic crisis. Under [Reagan], real per capita government spending at that point was 14.4 percent higher than four years previously; under [Obama], less than half as much, just 6.4 percent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tsp
post Jun 28th 2012, 5:42 PM
Post #8416

I am proud to have a president who is willing especially in an election year to support gay marraige. Everyone should have the right to marry who they love. I just love the hypocracy of people who rant about individual freedoms being taken away by the government and at the same time oppose gay marraige. Are they really so simple minded thay can't see the irony of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jun 28th 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #8417

Wow, so I came across this documentary about all of the shenanigans that went on with the 2000 election:

It's absolutely sickening that they're pulling the same exact sh*t today! The voter roll purges in Florida!!! Why are we just sitting back when it's literally an exact repeat of 2000?!?!?!?!

Watch that sh*t. It'll make your blood boil.

I don't know how anyone in good conscious could support the Republican party. Like, it really makes you feel ok to support blatant cheaters like that? It doesn't cause you to stop and examine your conscious? And then you brag like a win actually means something, lol!

I cannot imagine the rage I'd feel if I were one of those voters this happened to.

Yet another example of why I can't stand politics anymore.

lolo@this comment on the Youtube page. It's so true:
Funny the US media has the balls to say the latest Russian election was rigged.

"At least 15%, at least 15% of the people removed from the voter rolls were innocent of any crime. That's 8,000 voters. Half of them are black. 93% of all black voters in Florida voted for Al Gore. Well, you do the arithmetic. And there's the Presidency."

OMG, THEY SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL! KATHERINE HARRIS SHOULD BE IN JAIL RIGHT NOW!!! I can't believe how asleep at the wheel the media is. But they'll spend weeks talking about some bullsh*t lipstick on a pig controversy or some sh*t.

Literally, they just steal elections right under people's noses! I mean, a lot of people knew the 2000 election was stolen, but I don't think people really know the details of how it went. Massive, massive, failure, and the most sickening part is that it'll just happen again like it's nothing.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jun 28th 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #8418

Puke. Republicans in the media like to act like Jeb Bush is gentle and kind, but watching this is making me sick. Watching the crap they did to black voters...

If this mofo gets anywhere near the White House....

Still amazing to me what Republicans get away with. It's insane. Could you imagine the collective meltdown had this been Obama? I literally cannot imagine him ever being treated as legitimate.

lol, I forgot that Gore won the popular vote. I really did.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
newarchiefan
post Jul 1st 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #8419

Fav. Person: David Archuleta

At this point it still looks to me like Obama has a slight lead in the popular and electoral vote.

The unlimited corporate money Romney will have is going to be very hard to fight though.

This post has been edited by newarchiefan: Jul 1st 2012, 1:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 3rd 2012, 7:09 PM
Post #8420

Are any of you all actually doing something to help get him re-elected? I'm really concerned about that.

Go to your election office (look up the address on Google), and register people. You can stand outside a grocery store, or walk the streets, or do whatever you've got to do. Go to areas where the people are likely to be Democrats (near colleges, or black churches especially, or minority neighborhoods). Then just bring the forms back to the election office.

One small and VERY IMPORTANT thing you can do is send texts to people you know who would probably vote Democratic. In the text, put the number of your (and theirs) local election office, and tell them to call the election office to check if they're still registered.

They're pulling A LOT of shenanigans this year to remove people off of the voter rolls, so everyone should double check that they're still registered.

Someone tell me something good they've done as far as getting people motivated. I'm feeling quite worried about apathy.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

453 Pages V « < 419 420 421 422 423 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 23rd 2014, 3:41 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol