Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drew's Vonzell News Thread, All your Vonzell updates
hellosaysdrew
post Jul 19th 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

Instead of have 238290 threads for all the different stuff going on with Vonzell, I'll just post in this thread the latest stuff you all want to know. You can also check out the website I run, Vonzell's Official Fansite, www.vonzell-solomon.us

Also feel free to post questions about Vonzell and I'll do my best to get answers.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 19th 2007, 12:30 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

hellosaysdrew
post Jul 19th 2007, 2:28 AM
Post #2

Vonzell sang the National Anthem Wednesday, July 11th at 7:05p.m. in Medlar Field at Lubrano Park in Pennsylvania for the State College Spikes vs. Oneonta Tigers game.

She is working this summer at Idol Camp to help kids work on vocal training and stage presence, along with other previous contestants.
Session A was July 7th-16th
Session B is about to begin from July 21st-30th

And lastly, she is working hard on her album which is to be released this year. Her single is rumored to be released sometime late this summer.
That's all for now bye1.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ab2421
post Jul 19th 2007, 4:22 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI8: Tatiana Del Toro
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert/Joanna

Question (which you already saw coming): Can someone give us details about the album, a targeted release date, promotion plans, something... Carrie is already about to release her second album (Oct 23 smile.gif ) and S5's 3rd place has an album out, and S6's 3rd place is being heralded (ok, just by a few deluded ones) as the second coming

It's just frustrating that Vonzell isn't getting the respect or the industry support...
Did she get good offers but turned them down in favor of doing it alone??
Didn't Justin Timberlake say he voted for her? now, he's starting his own label and signed a girl with little talent off youtube... why not Vonzell?

--------------------
IPB Image
Kelly. Fantasia,J.Hud. Carrie,Vonzell. Kat,Elliott,Chris. Jordin. AI7 Top 8 Go LEONA!
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Jul 19th 2007, 5:38 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

Hooray for new music from my girl! Can't wait to hear it.

Dang! Looks like all five of my faves could be releasing their debuts within a single years time. Nice!

--------------------
AI1: Kelly, Tamyra, RJ; AI2: Kimberley L, Kimberly C, Trenyce, Ruben; AI3: Jennifer, Fantasia, George, Latoya, Leah; AI4: Vonzell, Nikko, Nadia, Bo B, Carrie; AI5: Elliott, Paris, Katharine, Mandisa, Chris, Taylor; AI6: Melinda, Blake, Stephanie, Phil, Chris, Jordin, Lakisha; AI7: David C, Carly, Syesha, Michael, Jason C, David A, David H, Chikezie, Amanda; AI8: Matt G, Allison, Megan, Adam, Kris, Danny, Anoop, Alexis, Jorge; AI9: Casey, Crystal, Michael; AI10: Haley, Pia, Casey, Stefano, Jacob, James, Naima; AI11: Joshua, DeAndre, Elise, Jessica, Colton, Phillip; AI12: Candice, Angie, Kree, Amber, Devin, Burnell, Janelle; AI13: Jena, Alex, Caleb, Majesty, Jessica
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Jul 20th 2007, 2:58 AM
Post #5

Eww I typed a long response and my computer like froze and closed out of the window...ewww

I wrote this huge thing, but whatever I'll keep it short basically what I said.
Her wikipedia page is updated by what I guess to be someone on her management team. And it was updated just a little over a week ago and this is what it said regarding the album,
In mid-2006, it was announced that Vonzell had a planned record. The record has gone into development hell, and since then not much has been heard about her record. Later Vonzell's representatives claimed that none of the "media's speculations" were true and that they just hit a few bumps along the road. Her CD, My Struggle, under the artist name Baby V, was released to Itunes on January 9, 2007. Fans are expecting Vonzell's professional musical career to begin late 2007, which is when she plans a release of an actual single from her mostly completed album.

Development hell is a concept meaning, 'getting stuck in development and never going into production'

It sounds to me like Vonzell is quite the perfectionist, and that is part of the reason it is taking so long. Until they are 100% happy with it they aren't going to set a date. In some ways I'm glad she isn't putting out some rush rush album that will flop like previous contestants have. Hopefully a better quality album will mean better sales.

I do not know much about the promotion of the album, or the offers she has received since Idol. I know there is a lot of risk when getting involved with a recording contract...Ryan Starr is a good example of that. However, I do worry about the promotion of the album on an independent label. Adding the album on itunes doesn't exactly mean it's going to sell you know.

All I know is a date has not been set. It seemed like a guarantee that the single would be out late summer, and the album later. But I am not so sure about that anymore. Of course the fire and Idol Camp doesn't exactly help when it comes to getting things going. But we'll hope for the best, and I look forward to an album she is happy with.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jsr111092
post Jul 22nd 2007, 9:28 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI5: Mandisa Hundley
Fav. AI6: Gina Glocksen

Since Vonzell is in New England for Idol Camp, is she going to do any shows or anything up here?

--------------------
IPB Image
AI6 Tour - 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.24, 8.25, 7.4, 7.22, 7.23 <33 GLOCKSTAR 4L THX CARLY!
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Jul 22nd 2007, 5:43 PM
Post #7

Not that I am aware of no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Aug 1st 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #8

Idol Camp article (highlights)

NORTHFIELD, Mass. - NORTHFIELD, Mass. - Hundreds of star-struck teens have been finding a little bit of Hollywood tucked in small-town New England this summer.

"American Idol camp - that's something," said camper Natalie Kais, 12, of Fairfield, her eyes shining.

The camp, for 12- to 15-year-olds, just finished its inaugural year. Campers there love "American Idol" and dream of moving from the camp's makeshift wooden platforms to the shiny "Idol" stage. Idol Camp treads a tightrope, making a summer performing arts camp feel like a way to connect to the "American Idol" TV show experience.

One overcast morning early in the second 10-day session, the whole camp belted out "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and then trooped off to singing, dancing and acting classes.

They walked in cliques with new friends, varying their paths to better their odds of running into guest teacher Vonzell Solomon, the third-place finisher in Season 4 of "American Idol." They gossip about how she gave an exclusive Idol Camp performance. They discuss how their lives will be when they're as famous as she is.

A quick glance at the campers' cafeteria tables formed a sea of "American Idol" blue. All staff and campers were required to wear laminated ID tags around their necks. Many campers also chose to wear Idol Camp T-shirts and caps.

Like the show, the camp builds up to a finale, in this case a concert for parents on the penultimate day. All 150 campers sang together. Then kids wrote letters to themselves about what they learned and how it will help them in the future. The camp will mail them home to the campers in six months, as a reminder.

Before the letters arrive, campers will have plenty of memories to share with friends.

"When Vonzell came, everyone was screaming and jumping out of their chairs," said Miles Keeney, 13, of Greenwich. "But we ate lunch with her yesterday like a real person."

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DHSdude10
post Aug 1st 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

Awww that's so sweet of her to do that!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mått
post Aug 18th 2007, 9:27 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI3: Fantasia Barrino
Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI7: Syesha/Ramiele/Asia'h

Vonzell remains my second favourite contestant on the show and I will support her in whatever she chooses to do in the future! I would love an album to be released this year though. w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Sep 2nd 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #11

Vonzell just performed live on national television for the Jerry Lewis MDA show. She sang with a whole bunch of ballroom dancers. Hopefully I can get the video for everyone who missed.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ab2421
post Sep 3rd 2007, 8:49 PM
Post #12

ahh, i've been checking regularly for news, and i miss one day and miss her on national tv! no fair! someone better have a video up asap sad.gif !

anyways, that's so cool! how many people watch it?

--------------------
IPB Image
Kelly. Fantasia,J.Hud. Carrie,Vonzell. Kat,Elliott,Chris. Jordin. AI7 Top 8 Go LEONA!
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Sep 4th 2007, 6:48 PM
Post #13

Quite a lot. They raised nearly $64 million from this event. (call-in donations)...so assume a lot of people were watching!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Sep 5th 2007, 8:34 AM
Post #14

I definently recommend everyone to go take a look at Vonzell's myspace page. She has some photoshoot pictures up!

IPB Image

This one wasn't on her myspace, but I found it:
IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ab2421
post Sep 8th 2007, 3:32 PM
Post #15

i really like that first picture!

Now where's the video from her Jerry Lewis performance?!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Sep 9th 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #16

They haven't put up a video of it. I don't have the programs and hardware needed to put the VHS taped video onto the computer. Hopefully someone puts it up soon sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Sep 16th 2007, 2:55 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

I miss Vonzell so much! crying.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellosaysdrew
post Sep 23rd 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #18

do you even like Vonzell? ^^^^

Update- Vonzell performed last weekend in Iowa at a fair. It was in my hometown. My family and I met Vonzell, her dad, and manager at the airport. From there my brother and I were able to be tranported to their hotel by limo. We then went to dinner with them at a nice resturant. The next day we met them in the afternoon for Vonzell's sound check before the concert. We watched the concert from the front row and she sounded really really great. Afterwards I helped out with the meet and greet as people were able to get autographs and stuff from Vonzell. Then we walked around the fair together for a while...Vonzell got to get some pictures with some tigers. We went back home for an hour or so as she freshened up at the hotel. Then we met them again and went out to dinner with them again...and were actually there visiting for at least a couple hours. She is a really sweet girl and her manager and dad are wonderful too. My family and I said our goodbyes, but we all promised to keep in touch. A very happy ending to a wonderful weekend. I'll post some videos and pictures soon! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DHSdude10
post Sep 24th 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

shocked.gif shocked.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
You are so lucky!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Oct 4th 2007, 1:29 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

I am SO jealous of you.

--------------------
AI1: Kelly, Tamyra, RJ; AI2: Kimberley L, Kimberly C, Trenyce, Ruben; AI3: Jennifer, Fantasia, George, Latoya, Leah; AI4: Vonzell, Nikko, Nadia, Bo B, Carrie; AI5: Elliott, Paris, Katharine, Mandisa, Chris, Taylor; AI6: Melinda, Blake, Stephanie, Phil, Chris, Jordin, Lakisha; AI7: David C, Carly, Syesha, Michael, Jason C, David A, David H, Chikezie, Amanda; AI8: Matt G, Allison, Megan, Adam, Kris, Danny, Anoop, Alexis, Jorge; AI9: Casey, Crystal, Michael; AI10: Haley, Pia, Casey, Stefano, Jacob, James, Naima; AI11: Joshua, DeAndre, Elise, Jessica, Colton, Phillip; AI12: Candice, Angie, Kree, Amber, Devin, Burnell, Janelle; AI13: Jena, Alex, Caleb, Majesty, Jessica
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 19th 2014, 5:08 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol