Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~Jessica Mauboy Fan Thread~, Don't Mess With Jess.
Explorer
post Nov 2nd 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

she was the best wasnt she still waiting to see how shes received overseas but theres no news yet

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 2nd 2009, 11:31 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

gazza.
post Nov 3rd 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #42

Fav. Fav Aust. idol: Natalie Gauci

Hey Explorer, Jess is heading off overseas after the Arias which is the end of this month, I don't know if the trip is for the release of "Been Waiting" the Album or not, I don't think there is enough time as I would expect Jess would be back home for Christmas and the plan was for Jess to be overseas for promotion purposes when the Album is released, so could be early 2010 now for the release, I don't know.

Nice post Ricky 22

I noticed on the 2nd November Minstry of Sound released their Album The Annual 2010 and UK disc 2 track 14 is Jess first UK release, a remix of Burn
http://www.ministryofsound.com/product/na/...he_annual_2010/

This post has been edited by gazza.: Nov 3rd 2009, 8:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Explorer
post Nov 10th 2009, 1:29 AM
Post #43

another winning second placer its always good to see because in so many cases the seconder should have been the firster and there is no doubt about that as much as some like to think otherwise thats what i think still and it has been so

--------------------
+Quote Post
furansizuka
post Nov 19th 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #44

Fav. Judge: Ellen DeGeneres
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Oz Idol: Jessica Mauboy

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/11...iva-making.html

JESSICA MAUBOY: A diva in the making

Andrea Booth , Contributor , Jakarta | Sat, 11/07/2009 11:37 AM | People

IPB Image

Australian singer and songwriter Jessica Mauboy, who graced the stage at this year’s Axis International Java SoulNation Festival 2009, walks into the VIP room at the Sultan Hotel in Senayan, Jakarta, before her show, sits down and cracks open a smile.

It takes only a few seconds to realize this rhythm and blues and pop songstress ain’t just about her wide-pitch range and resonant vibrato. She has an unexpected vocal talent.

Instead of providing perhaps, an excerpt in a Capella of her latest hit “Because”, or even some improvisation around her chart-topping “Burn”, this popstar gives an imitation, and a fairly convincing one at that, of Stitch, of Disney animation Lilo and Stitch.

One wonders how the star’s usual strong-timbre and emotionally charged vocal chords could possibly transform to sound as if they’re bumbling away under water. And she just bursts into laughter.

But mimicking cartoon characters and chuckling with merriment remain sideshows to this 20-year-old’s talent. Singing is where this popstar’s energy is focused and where it’s pretty much been for most of her life.

“Do you know when I was about 4 years old I used to dress up as Mariah Carey?” she said.

“I even used to curl my hair like her and then I’d run around our home singing ‘dream lover come rescue me’,” she said of Mariah’s chart topper.

“I don’t think my life could work without music. Even when it makes me mad or I have the sorest throat, I still try to sing.” And she feigns herself with a hoarse voice trying to rehearse scales.

Growing up in Darwin, northern Australia, a more remote region of the world, the musician of Indonesian and indigenous Australian background, had the opportunity to flourish when she was encouraged by her father and sister to audition for Australian Idol in 2006.

This move carried her onto the track of stardom. A favorite among both the public and judges, she proved immensely successful on the program and wound up as runner-up to winner Damien Leith.

Since then her CV entails seven nominations from Australia’s coveted ARIA awards, one studio album, one live album, four singles and three music videos produced by record labels Sony BMG and Sony Music Entertainment.

“I really enjoyed working with the producers on my studio album,” she said. “When I first arrived I thought, ‘Umm, what’s going on?’ I’ve never done anything like it before and working with producers who have been in the industry for a long time was pretty cool.”

It was there one of them introduced her to song writing, which she took up with a vengeance.

Learning a new skill did not phaze Mauboy, who co-wrote most of her songs on her rereleased album, Been Waiting Deluxe Edition.

“It’s a bit like writing in your diary,” she said of the creative process. “If you grow up expressing your thoughts on paper — that’s pretty much how it is.”

Inspiration for lyrics came from issues she dealt with at home to growing up and becoming a woman.

“All these emotions build up and sometimes you really want to talk about it but don’t have anyone to go to,” she said, but an undercurrent of shyness prevents her from further elaborating.

“I guess the way I express myself is by articulating these thoughts through song.

“Singing was — and is — freedom for me.”

In love with song writing she said, “One day I want to reach the stage where I write a song Mariah sings. And I want to get to a level where I have a hit that becomes that karaoke song.”

It seems she has a soft spot for the diva, but the singer’s ambition doesn’t stop there. Another sensation she’d like to collaborate with is the famed boy band, the Back Street Boys.

But something else she’d like to do, she said, was come back to Jakarta.

“I was just talking with my manager and we were saying we love the culture, food and the beautiful people. I’d love to come back here and perform — maybe as part of a duo next time.”

Aside from Indonesia’s lifestyle and her heritage ties, Mauboy said she jumped at the opportunity to perform in Indonesia because of its strong soul scene.

“Israel Cruz [Australian rhythm and blues singer and producer from the Philippines] told me the SoulNation festival was on fire, and I immediately thought, ‘Yep, I’m coming. I’m on my way!’”

This isn’t the first time Mauboy’s first trip to Indonesia. She visited family here as a child and more recently came as part of the Australian Government’s In2Oz development program, touring around the archipelago to provide disadvantaged children with educational resources, entertainment and help strengthen ties between the two countries.

“What came out of this experience was that no matter what language you speak, music has the ability to communicate with people. There were smiles all ‘round.”

Relatively new to the touring scene, she has also encountered experiences that haven’t always formed beaming grins.

One, she recalled, was perhaps the most embarrassing moment of her musical career. While in the shower in the bathroom of her hotel room, she failed to hear the male cleaner knock on her door.

Thinking she wasn’t in, he entered her room to commence work. And not realizing he had come in, she came out of the bathroom stark naked.

“I was mortified,” she exclaimed. “And he kept apologizing and I was like, “Yeah OK — but just get out already!”

Actually, make that two awkward experiences. On a tour to Australia’s Cockatoo Island, she slipped into her costume before the zip snapped and the dress became unwearable unless she was happy to perform “inappropriately”. She spent that concert performing in her jeans and sneakers.

Speaking of shoes, there have also been the odd times when the self-confessed shoe-fiend caught her killer stilettos in the gaps between the stage “blocks”, which make up the stage.

“My heel got stuck in one of the gaps. So I spent that show running around barefoot.”

She cascades into laughter once more.

But, whether her anecdotes are beginner mishaps or an unavoidable part of show business, she has taken each experience in her stride and dolloped them with humor.

And perhaps more to the point, her focus is making music for her audience.

“Oh, I plan to create and perform music for a long time,” she grinned. “Music is really something special.”

--------------------
Fav. Indonesian Idol of All Time: Judika Sitohang (II2) & Joy Destiny Tobing (II1)
My true Idol: Agnes Monica
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 21st 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #45

with the aria's this thursday quite understndably there are a few news items in toda's papers, this is form the sunday telegraph
Jessica Mauboy: The ARIAs is my night
Jonathon Moran From: The Sunday Telegraph November 21, 2009 6:26PM .No matter how many awards she wins at the ARIAs this week, 2009 is already Jessica Mauboy's year. The 20-year-old Australian pop superstar has had an incredible rise to the top, culminating in seven nominations at Thursday's ceremony for her debut album, Been Waiting.

She's up for best pop release, best female artist, breakthrough artist album and single, highest-selling album and highest-selling single.

"It's going to be my night," Mauboy told Insider excitedly.

"After I perform, I can just chill out and let loose with my family."

Mauboy has trained three hours a day for the past few weeks to get her performance ready for Thursday night, when she'll sing a remix of her hit Burn.

"It's so full-on," she says, sounding slightly exhausted at the thought of the choreographed routine.

"I'm just trying to bring myself back down again. I want to do a mad, really good performance. I want it to be sexy and sassy and hot."

Sexy, sassy and hot is a long way from the cherub-faced 14-year-old this Insider first met as the winner of the Telstra Road To Tamworth talent contest, singing a cover of Cyndi Lauper's pop classic Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

"I am very different," the former Australian Idol contestant, who was the runner-up to Damien Leith in 2006, says with a laugh.

"When it came to the music industry, I was taught to be very humble and to respect everything around me.

"I don't go nuts, but when it comes to business and getting what I want, I'm very outspoken.

"You have to be - otherwise, people will walk over you."

Mauboy has gone on to become just as successful as any of the Australian Idol winners, gaining mainstream acceptance in the highly competitive music scene.

Her debut album, Been Waiting, released in November last year, spawned several hit singles - Running Back (with Flo Rida), Been Waiting, Burn, Because and Up/Down.

Mauboy's catchy, upbeat pop sound has been likened to that of Rihanna, one of her idols.

Mauboy also appears to have been inspired by Rihanna in shaping her image, embracing her womanly curves.
Consequently, she has been courted by leading fashion designers.

Melbourne label J'Aton has created two special outfits for her to wear to the ARIAs.

"It's really hard to know what to wear, because I want this to be my moment - my ending for this album, for this year,"says Mauboy, who is taking her parents, four sisters and boyfriend to the awards.

Mauboy, who grew up in Darwin with an Indonesian father and an indigenous Australian mother, recently bought her first home, a two-bedroom apartment in Sydney's inner west.

She's enjoying her freedom - not that her busy schedule allows her to spend much time at home.

As well as recording a new album, Mauboy will make her first appearance on the big screen in the coming year.

She has a starring role in the feature film Bran Nue Dae, opposite Geoffrey Rush, Deborah Mailman and Missy Higgins.

With such success in Australia, Mauboy understandably has her sights on overseas markets - mainly Britain and the US, where she will spend some time in January.

"I'm already starting on my next album," she says, indicating she has approached Timbaland and Pharrell Williams with the idea of working with them.

"Whether or not I win at the ARIAs, in my heart I still have to keep working harder.

"I've got to create something new that people will go mad about and try and work my way internationally. It's still going to be a long journey, but I'm just happy that this has been a year where I've had it all."

The ARIA Awards will be screened on Channel 9 from 8.30pm on Thursday

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 21st 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #46

this from the age
For wannabe Idols, there is a second prize
Email Printer friendly version Normal font Large font John Mangan
November 22, 2009

Jessica Mauboy may have turned second place into gold.
Picture: Adam Hollingworth

While the two grand finalists in this year's Australian Idol battle it out tonight at the Sydney Opera House for a recording contract, a car and $200,000, they might be thinking they'd be better off running second.

The reason will be taking centre stage at Thursday night's 2009 ARIA Awards - Jessica Mauboy, the 2006 Idol runner-up to the Irish crooner Damian Leith, who is in line for a staggering seven awards at the music industry's night of nights.

It's a sobering thought for the two teenagers singing their hearts out tonight - Sydney rock chick Hayley Warner and Coolangatta soul boy Stan Walker, who hope to turn TV talent quest fame into a lasting career.

Former Idol judge Ian ''Dicko'' Dickson famously lambasted the music industry in an open letter in 2004 accusing his peers of snobbery when the ARIA judges ignored Guy Sebastian and Shannon Noll. Now though, the multi-nominated Mauboy says, the industry sees the positives that experience on Idol brings.

''When I finished up on Idol people were asking, 'Well, where are you going to go from here?' '' says the bubbly singer, taking a break between ARIA rehearsals.

''And it has been a downfall for some contestants.

''People think, 'She could only make one song, and then that's the end of her.' But there was no way I was going to let that happen.

''I was determined to make a killer album. I just thought, 'Stuff it, I'm going to go for it!' ''

And go for it, she has. Her Idol second place three years ago has led to a No. 1 hit with Burn, multi-platinum with her girl group, Young Divas, and a leading role in the outstanding new Australian outback musical film, Bran Nue Dae, featuring Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush, which opens in January.

Now with hit singles Burn and Running Back (with leading US rapper Flo Rida), and the album Been Waiting, Mauboy's ARIA nominations include best female artist, best pop release, best breakthrough artist album and best breakthrough artist single.

''When a friend told me about the nominations I was speechless. She said, 'You damn well deserve it, come on, scream, do something!' But I was in shock!'' says the singer. ''For someone who's still new to the music industry it helps me believe in myself even more.''

Idol judge Jay Dee Springbett worked with Mauboy on her album and is jetting to Los Angeles next week with her to begin her next collection. He enthuses about the commitment both of tonight's Idol finalists have to succeeding in music.

''The industry has viewed Idol with a certain amount of contempt,'' he says. ''But there has been a shift in perception as we've seen career artists come out of it - look at Guy Sebastian, Lisa Mitchell has almost sold platinum. Without sounding like I've got a big head, Jessica has made a great bloody album - six singles - it's undeniable.''

Coming second may have been a help to Mauboy, says Paul Cashmere, chief of the Undercover music website. ''Coming in No. 2 takes the focus and pressure off the act and recording,'' he says. ''She had more opportunity to be herself, and like Anthony Callea (also an Idol runner-up), found her comfort zone. Jessica got to be Jessica from the start.''

As for Mauboy, she can barely pause for breath. ''Things have taken off so quickly these past 12 months,'' she says. ''We released an album at the end of last year, I'm already in a film, now I just want to work harder, write more songs, write songs for other people, collaborate with other artists, do duets. A lot of doors are opening!''

The ARIAs screen at 8.30pm on Thursday on the Nine Network

and from the herald
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http:...5xbGGzp6DmJQm0g

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
todd85
post Nov 22nd 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #47

Fav. Oz Idol 09: Stan Walker

Go Jess! Hope she bags at least a couple awards on Thursday!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 26th 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(todd85 @ Nov 22nd 2009, 10:36 AM) *

Jess will be getting the majority of awards tongue.gif grin.gif - sooooo good. I'm sure Stan and probably Hayley will be there this year.

Guy is presenting some awards, with Orianthi and alsoi Powderfinger (which band have a very bleh.gif attitude to Idols, so backstage would be interesting - glad Guy is there go help Jess out, which he would if necessary - done before)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callean
post Nov 26th 2009, 4:34 AM
Post #49

Group: NX Subscribers

QUOTE(todd85 @ Nov 23rd 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Good luck to Jess, I hope her award is presented by Powderfinger.

She won't need any help, she's a self assured and competent girl, not a cripple or a scared rabbit. She stands well on her own and is equal to any past idol winner, even though she came 2nd in her season.

--------------------
IPB Image
The incomparable Anthony Callea
+Quote Post
Wicked Game
post Nov 26th 2009, 7:10 AM
Post #50

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Absolute bullcrap. Only one award and it was for highest selling single which automatically HAS to go to her. Despite being the biggest Australian artist of the year shes discriminated against because shes a past Idol contestant. Ladyhawke isn't even Australian shes from New Zealand.

--------------------
+Quote Post
todd85
post Nov 26th 2009, 8:21 AM
Post #51

Fav. Oz Idol 09: Stan Walker

QUOTE(Wicked Game @ Nov 26th 2009, 11:10 PM) *

Absolute bullcrap. Only one award and it was for highest selling single which automatically HAS to go to her. Despite being the biggest Australian artist of the year shes discriminated against because shes a past Idol contestant. Ladyhawke isn't even Australian shes from New Zealand.

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

I agree totally, ARIA just snub ex-Idol contestants, no matter how deserving/fantastic they really are. So pathetic. The Grammys have realised some American Idol contestants are fantastic artists and reward that.. what about ARIA??? blarg.gif

Those 2 breakthrough awards SHOULD HAVE BEEN JESS'... seriously who the heck is this one-hit-wonder Ladyhawke?? She's not Aussie and thus should not have been eligible. thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

Unsurprisingly, Jess won the only one that couldn't be rigged. Still, she should be proud that 2 of her singles from the one album have been 2 of the top selling Australian songs in the last year. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Finally, channel 9: pathetic attempt at hosting the ARIAs... bloated.gif bloated.gif bloated.gif please give them back to 10.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Nov 26th 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #52

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. - "One Direction"

They're probably afraid of being overtaken by Idol contestants wink.gif I don't doubt it's a fix up, probably the reason they had an old idol person as a presenter this year, to try soften the blow.

--------------------
IPB Image
No matter what your stance on One Direction is, there is no denying that they are currently the biggest name in music right now, globally, and have been for the past 4 years.
+Quote Post
kellycarriekat
post Nov 26th 2009, 5:24 PM
Post #53

awww....poor Jess sad.gif pinch.gif

This story says it all...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/m...8824791804.html

Idolatry rises, Idol falls short at ARIAs

Bernard Zuel
November 27, 2009

BEWARE of false Idol hopes.

Jessica Mauboy, the R&B singing graduate of the television talent show Australian Idol, went into last night's ARIA Awards with seven nominations. A golden music industry prize night awaited at Homebush.

Unlike her predecessors Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll and Ricki-Lee Coulter, she had broken through the broader industry's antipathy to recording artists launched by Idol and was considered almost certain to win something from her peers after securing her first No.1 this year.

But Mauboy, from the Northern Territory, went home without one peer-voted award; her only trophy was for Running Back, the highest-selling single of the year.

It was a sobering reminder in an otherwise alcohol-fuelled night that despite making a lot of money for Channel 10, some managers and a couple of record companies, Australian Idol and musical respect are not yet natural companions in Australia.

Still, if Idol can't get any love, the oft-maligned electro-pop and R&B fields, once considered by the blokey, rock-focused local industry to be the home for kids, queers and wogs, were positively loved up at this year's ARIAs.

The now fractured duo Empire of the Sun (Luke Steele and Nick Littlemore) cast their eyeshadow-and-glitter-specked eyes over four of the pointy prizes last night. Their single Walking on a Dream was named both best pop release and single of the year, while the album of the same name won duo album of the year and best group.

In what may have been a bigger surprise, the soul/R&B singer Daniel Merriweather, whose reputation and strong reviews overseas outstrip his hometown presence, was named best male artist.

The award for best female artist went to the Sydney singer Sarah Blasko, whose less oblique, more pop third album, As Day Follows Night, is a warm favourite to complete the double with the Australian Music Prize early next year.

Blasko, a previous ARIA winner, was a less controversial victor than New Zealand electro-pop artist Ladyhawke, aka Phillipa Brown. A month ago Brown was threatening to withdraw from performing at the awards; criticism had arisen about her eligibility given she may not have lived in Australia for the mandatory year beforehand.

But she didn't follow through with the threat and won ARIAs for breakthrough artist, single and album.

In Australia it's definitely better being a Kiwi than an Idol.

-----------------------

So yep... Oz idols , no matter how successful they are still have no "cred" in the industry here... ermm.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but NO Aust idol has ever won an Aria except for sales based awards?

And yet in the US, Kelly's won a few grammys...Carrie's won 4 ( Including best new artist a few years ago which is over all genres , not just Country), Jennifer Hudson won last year.. ...all US idol winners have been nominated apart from Taylor.. Daughtry too...

I think the only idol who has a chance for an Aria is Lisa Mitchell...since she's become an Indie music darling...and esp if she has success in the UK..then she'll be a shoe- in next year...

Or maybe Stan has a chance since he's Kiwi stuart.gif

---

Anyway...Jess looked gorgeous as always... smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by kellycarriekat: Nov 26th 2009, 6:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 26th 2009, 8:25 PM
Post #54

Thanks for that article KellyCarrieKat, it pretty much says it all along with what you said and what Todd85 said which I totally agree with, it is very dissapointing result for Jess, who has done everything possible to obtain succcess and creditability, Jess has criss crossed Australia many times over this year, doing in store signings and singing, appearing on every music related television shows you could think of as well as singing at many sports events and supporting Beyonce with her music that Jess has co written which is fresh, as in not like any other Artist, completely original, no doubt Jess has a great voice.

Jess first Album was very successful as were 5 singles already released and with Jess 6th single "Let me be me" released today, I can see nothing else Jess could have done, nor could I see being any more successful than she has been, to my mind Jess has been the most successful Australian atist in the past 12 months, and for all that only recieves 1 Aria, it has to be an anti Idol thing, dissapointing
Btw Channel 9 did the Telecast not Channel 10

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by gazza.: Nov 26th 2009, 10:00 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DrWhom
post Nov 26th 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #55

I am so silly..I guess...'cause before reading this thread I thought Jess had done really well by winning her first Aria award.

She is doing really well I reckon. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 26th 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(DrWhom @ Nov 26th 2009, 10:30 PM) *

I am so silly..I guess...'cause before reading this thread I thought Jess had done really well by winning her first Aria award.

Haha, well it is pleasing Jess got an Aria, so yes you are right, but for the year Jess has had and the effort Jess has put into being successful, Jess, some of us feel should have got more than just the one Aria, there are many Artists that have been slogging out a career for years and haven't recieved any Awards, so at least the one is recognition for Jess, so good on Jess

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kellycarriekat
post Nov 27th 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(DrWhom @ Nov 26th 2009, 10:30 PM) *

As usual...you are missing the point rolleyes.gif

The only award Jessica won was for highest selling single... that's an award based on fact.....what we're all commenting on is that after all her success this year and 7 nominations Jess was completely snubbed in the industry voted-on awards Eg. Best Pop Act ... ( and in some cases beaten by Ladyhawke who isnt even an Australian recording artist)

....and in fact NO Oz idol has won any awards at the Arias except for sales... hence the article posted above that states there is no respect for people coming off Oz idol in the industry here... no matter how well they do ermm.gif

This post has been edited by kellycarriekat: Nov 27th 2009, 12:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Nov 27th 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #58

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. - "One Direction"

Yes, for some reason, I feel they think Idol is a short cut to fame. They obviously have no idea how grueling
it can be, nor yet how 'testing' - I mean, the simple way would be through radio comps, and more, nowadays thro Utube haha.gif but like politicians (and lawyers original.gif ), they have to 'earn' their bread and butter, one way or another, without actually tainting the Arias with idol graduates. (maybe they feel that's the only way they can survive)

--------------------
IPB Image
No matter what your stance on One Direction is, there is no denying that they are currently the biggest name in music right now, globally, and have been for the past 4 years.
+Quote Post
DrWhom
post Nov 27th 2009, 1:44 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(gazza. @ Nov 27th 2009, 3:28 PM) *

Haha, well it is pleasing Jess got an Aria, so yes you are right, but for the year Jess has had and the effort Jess has put into being successful, Jess, some of us feel should have got more than just the one Aria, there are many Artists that have been slogging out a career for years and haven't recieved any Awards, so at least the one is recognition for Jess, so good on Jess

It is clear that many fans were hoping for many more A's for Jess this year, but sadly awards in anything don't always go to the best or most deserving. It is a good start and I am sure she will be back for more next year. thumbsup.gif
As usual I was just trying to direct some thoughts to the bright side of life. Stay positive. ( yes, I know that philosophy doesn't always go over well in forums whistling.gif )

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 27th 2009, 7:36 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(DrWhom @ Nov 27th 2009, 1:44 AM) *

It is clear that many fans were hoping for many more A's for Jess this year, but sadly awards in anything don't always go to the best or most deserving. It is a good start and I am sure she will be back for more next year. thumbsup.gif
As usual I was just trying to direct some thoughts to the bright side of life. Stay positive. ( yes, I know that philosophy doesn't always go over well in forums whistling.gif )

Thanks DrWhom, I did realise that you were only pointing out that it is a good thing that Jessica got an Aria, which is quite right, actually i was surprised to see you had posted in Jessica's thread as i don't think you are a fan of hers and realised that your comment was as an unbias prespective, which is why I replied Haha and my reply, so thanks for your imput.

Good to see that you are sure Jess will be back for more next year, as I think you might be right
Jess is currently heading overseas in the process of recording her follow up Album and in the new Year is heading back overseas to do promotion for the release of her first Album "Been Waiting' in the U.K.

It is actually achievement to have received 4 industry voted nominations this year, so hopefully next year will be even better Aria award wise

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 9:41 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol