Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> why
num1meekfan
post Oct 5th 2006, 4:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

i dont understand why he didnt stay on idol? he got a record deal from arista/BMG which BMG is the company that gives the IDOLS there deals. he could have stayed on the show and got more exposure

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 5th 2006, 4:44 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Future Idol
post Oct 5th 2006, 5:38 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

Honestly, I don't have any respect for him because he quit Idol...that's why I don't like him and many people don't either

--------------------
"if I could I'd take hold of myself; pull me out of this living hell"
IPB Image
thanks ralph
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 5th 2006, 5:41 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13: Alex & Jena

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ Oct 5th 2006, 4:44 PM) *

i dont understand why he didnt stay on idol? he got a record deal from arista/BMG which BMG is the company that gives the IDOLS there deals. he could have stayed on the show and got more exposure

Because he thought he was too good for Idol (even though he will still always be labeled as the Idol dropout), he had a lot of competition (Carrie, Bo, Constantine, Anwar, and Nadia), and he feared rejection. Basically, if he stayed and placed anything other than 1st, he would have always been labeled as runner-up, 3rd place finisher, etc. and he would rather quit and make people wonder wether or not he would have won.

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller AI13 (2014): Jena Irene Asciutto, Alex Preston, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson
+Quote Post
little smile
post Oct 5th 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Oct 5th 2006, 5:41 PM) *

Because he thought he was too good for Idol (even though he will still always be labeled as the Idol dropout), he had a lot of competition (Carrie, Bo, Constantine, Anwar, and Nadia), and he feared rejection. Basically, if he stayed and placed anything other than 1st, he would have always been labeled as runner-up, 3rd place finisher, etc. and he would rather quit and make people wonder wether or not he would have won.

Do you have proof of that? I find it hard to believe that he admitted to fearing rejection.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SouthernGirl
post Oct 5th 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

I heard he left cause he felt guilty that he had so much previous experience....including singing background on one of Michael Jackson's songs when he was a little kid.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(little smile @ Oct 5th 2006, 10:10 PM) *

Do you have proof of that? I find it hard to believe that he admitted to fearing rejection.

He thought he was too good for Idol and hates losing. By quitting, nobody (including himself) would ever know wether or not he would have won.

QUOTE(SouthernGirl @ Oct 5th 2006, 10:49 PM) *

I heard he left cause he felt guilty that he had so much previous experience....including singing background on one of Michael Jackson's songs when he was a little kid.

A lot of them had a fair amount of experience. If he had so much previous experience and was so much better than Idol, he wouldn't have been on Idol to begin with.

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller AI13 (2014): Jena Irene Asciutto, Alex Preston, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson
+Quote Post
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #7

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

QUOTE(Future Idol @ Oct 5th 2006, 5:38 PM) *

Honestly, I don't have any respect for him because he quit Idol...that's why I don't like him and many people don't either

yes.gif

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
SouthernGirl
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Oct 5th 2006, 11:37 PM) *

A lot of them had a fair amount of experience. If he had so much previous experience and was so much better than Idol, he wouldn't have been on Idol to begin with.

I honestly don't know why he auditioned for the show to begin with if he was just going to leave before they picked the top 12!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(SouthernGirl @ Oct 5th 2006, 11:49 PM) *

I honestly don't know why he auditioned for the show to begin with if he was just going to leave before they picked the top 12!

So what are you saying? unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Oct 6th 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #10

he/she is saying he just took a spot in the competition that someone else could have had that wasnt a scardy cat someones dreams were left in the dust coz he was better but then he left its not fair he should have been FORCED to do the show or sued thats what the contracts should be unless of a REAl problem he an idiot an he only debut at 80 and its down hill from there thats worse that Justin Guarini and Diana Degarmo and WILLIAM HUNG!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 6th 2006, 4:54 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ Oct 6th 2006, 4:41 PM) *

he/she is saying he just took a spot in the competition that someone else could have had that wasnt a scardy cat someones dreams were left in the dust coz he was better but then he left its not fair he should have been FORCED to do the show or sued thats what the contracts should be unless of a REAl problem he an idiot an he only debut at 80 and its down hill from there thats worse that Justin Guarini and Diana Degarmo and WILLIAM HUNG!

Oh OK. I was just clarifying. I was confused. wacko.gif Lol. laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Oct 6th 2006, 4:56 PM
Post #12

do u think thats fair to say? i think it is

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SouthernGirl
post Oct 6th 2006, 6:51 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ Oct 6th 2006, 4:41 PM) *

that's pretty much right. He shouldn't have gone on the show if he was just going to leave. This is American Idol people! haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
chica02
post Oct 10th 2006, 5:35 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

The actual FACT is, no one knows what really happened. Personally, I believe he wanted Idol but when he got a load of the contract (which no one here is intimately familiar with, aside from a few terms that have been publicized), he decided it was wrong for him. The fact that he could leave without breaking any contract or rule shows that it WASN'T a horrible thing. It wasn't an action that should lose him any respect from anyone. And if it did, the respect of those people probably wasn't worth having anyway. People who think a guy making a decision about his career is "lying" to them need to lighten up about the whole thing because the idea that he "screwed" Idol over is laughable. They probably thanked him for all that publicity. And Clive did by signing him, lest anyone forget. Besides, they're swimming in money that Carrie Underwood has made them, so they're fine with the way things turned out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kel x k3l
post Oct 10th 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Future Idol @ Oct 5th 2006, 5:38 PM) *

So you just wander into and post in forums for those whom you have no respect for? Well isn't that cute. original.gif

This post has been edited by kel x k3l: Oct 10th 2006, 5:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jacobson00
post Oct 11th 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #16

i still feel that he should have stayed on the show. he was a sure bet for top 4 and thus more fanbase. He made a terrible business mistake

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 20th 2014, 7:00 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol