Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mario Debuts at #80 on Billboard 200
Future Idol
post Oct 4th 2006, 1:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

Mario has debuted at #80 on the Billboard 200 with a total of 12,240 albums sold unsure.gif

--------------------
"if I could I'd take hold of myself; pull me out of this living hell"
IPB Image
thanks ralph
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 4th 2006, 1:18 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

post Oct 4th 2006, 1:25 PM
Post #2

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

QUOTE(Future Idol @ Oct 4th 2006, 1:18 PM) *

Mario has debuted at #80 on the Billboard 200 with a total of 12,240 albums sold unsure.gif

That's not good at all

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
x0_ j0hnnydepp
post Oct 4th 2006, 2:41 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

oh man pinch.gif he needed more promotion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 4th 2006, 5:35 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13: Alex & Jena

QUOTE(x0_ j0hnnydepp @ Oct 4th 2006, 2:41 PM) *

oh man pinch.gif he needed more promotion.

Mario is one of my favorites but he got way more promotion than most Idols and still flopped. It's his own fault really.

This post has been edited by Idol Maniac: Oct 4th 2006, 5:40 PM

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller AI13 (2014): Jena Irene Asciutto, Alex Preston, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson
+Quote Post
personwhoishere
post Oct 5th 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI4: Anthony Fedorov
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Guys, its just first week sales, c'mon, its not all that bad. He's gonna be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow plus he's gonna be in the new People mag that comes out tomorrow so that should help...considering he's a new artist, I don't think its all that bad at all. Cut him some slack guys; he'll be fine. yes.gif I think those sales are decent, even if they're not as high as some of us had hoped for.

Mario is one of my favorites but he got way more promotion than most Idols and still flopped. It's his own fault really.

First of all, how can you say he "flopped" judging on only ONE week of sales, and two, how is it his fault?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 5th 2006, 5:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(personwhoishere @ Oct 5th 2006, 10:45 AM) *

Guys, its just first week sales, c'mon, its not all that bad. He's gonna be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow plus he's gonna be in the new People mag that comes out tomorrow so that should help...considering he's a new artist, I don't think its all that bad at all. Cut him some slack guys; he'll be fine. yes.gif I think those sales are decent, even if they're not as high as some of us had hoped for.

First of all, how can you say he "flopped" judging on only ONE week of sales, and two, how is it his fault?

Not to be Johnny raincloud, but it is that bad. They premiered his video on TRL and he was on it twice. Apparently that didn't help. He'll be dropped by the end of the year. Diana and Justin had much higher first week sales and were still dropped.

Because I'm the expert on album sales predictions. It is his fault because Clive and the record label promoted him. It all goes back to quitting Idol. Don't get me wrong, I love "Gallery", Mario is still one of my favorites but, at the same time, he got what he deserved.

This post has been edited by Idol Maniac: Oct 5th 2006, 5:19 PM

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller AI13 (2014): Jena Irene Asciutto, Alex Preston, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson
+Quote Post
LuvinRyanCabrera
post Oct 5th 2006, 6:31 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Andrew Garcia
Fav. AI6: Rudy Cardenas

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Oct 5th 2006, 3:18 PM) *

Not to be Johnny raincloud, but it is that bad. They premiered his video on TRL and he was on it twice. Apparently that didn't help. He'll be dropped by the end of the year. Diana and Justin had much higher first week sales and were still dropped.

Because I'm the expert on album sales predictions. It is his fault because Clive and the record label promoted him. It all goes back to quitting Idol. Don't get me wrong, I love "Gallery", Mario is still one of my favorites but, at the same time, he got what he deserved.

Wow and you say he got what he deserved! That's completely wrong for you to say! Sorry American Idol isn't all its cracked up to be...his choice i think was the best for him and you know what he's WAYYYYYYYYY better then being an American Idol and ppl r stupid in my opinion if they stop liking someone cause they made the choice that was better then being on American Idol! I think he made a damn good choice and he's just beginning and it's just a matter of time before he hits it big and Mario could have easily won hands down on American Idol he just got a damn good offer from Clive and ran with it and I TOTALLY support him for it!!! So, you can't be a fan of someone if you talk about them the way you are! Oh and it's kinda funny you ppl think that about that he should have stayed on Idol cause look at ppl such as Ruben Studdard and Fantasia you haven't heard crap about them and Clay Aiken was WAYYYY more popular then Ruben and he was the runner up so to me just cause someone's an AI doesn't mean they will automatically be famous! The best AI by far is Kelly Clarkson and she's sold the most out of the rest! But Mario will do better ppl need to cut him some slack he's Mario for gosh sakes...he has the voice...the talent and the looks to be famous just some ppl it takes longer then others and promotion has a lot to do with it! I wish I had a way of getting in contact with his record ppl cause I'd offer to promote for him to sell more CDs thumbsup.gif

Oh and funny crap when ppl say he only sold that many! It took me 4 stores to find the CD cause the other 3 were sold out of his CD...so, it makes me think twice and my city only has 141,000 in it! noexpression.gif So, go figure! wink.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(LuvinRyanCabrera @ Oct 5th 2006, 6:31 PM) *

Wow and you say he got what he deserved! That's completely wrong for you to say! Sorry American Idol isn't all its cracked up to be...his choice i think was the best for him and you know what he's WAYYYYYYYYY better then being an American Idol and ppl r stupid in my opinion if they stop liking someone cause they made the choice that was better then being on American Idol! I think he made a damn good choice and he's just beginning and it's just a matter of time before he hits it big and Mario could have easily won hands down on American Idol he just got a damn good offer from Clive and ran with it and I TOTALLY support him for it!!! So, you can't be a fan of someone if you talk about them the way you are! Oh and it's kinda funny you ppl think that about that he should have stayed on Idol cause look at ppl such as Ruben Studdard and Fantasia you haven't heard crap about them and Clay Aiken was WAYYYY more popular then Ruben and he was the runner up so to me just cause someone's an AI doesn't mean they will automatically be famous! The best AI by far is Kelly Clarkson and she's sold the most out of the rest! But Mario will do better ppl need to cut him some slack he's Mario for gosh sakes...he has the voice...the talent and the looks to be famous just some ppl it takes longer then others and promotion has a lot to do with it! I wish I had a way of getting in contact with his record ppl cause I'd offer to promote for him to sell more CDs thumbsup.gif

Oh and funny crap when ppl say he only sold that many! It took me 4 stores to find the CD cause the other 3 were sold out of his CD...so, it makes me think twice and my city only has 141,000 in it! noexpression.gif So, go figure! wink.gif

I'm sorry if I offended you. I think you got the wrong idea. He did get what he deserved. He took advantage of Idol and lied to America. If he's so much better than Idol, then why did he audition in the first place? Again, I didn't stop liking him because he quit. I think he made a bad choice. He had a chance and he blew it. Mario could have won but not "easily hands down". Carrie, Bo, and even Constantine would have given him a run for his money at the very least. In fact, I think Carrie would have most likely still won. Carrie and Mario were my ideal final 2. I am still a fan of his, I like his single, and I bought his album. I just didn't like his decision to quit. Actually, I hear a lot about Ruben and Fantasia lately. They were taking a break after their last albums but now they are coming back. Ruben's album is being released later this month and Fantasia's album is being released on December 5th. I don't even like Fantasia and I know this. You obviously aren't an Idol fan. We need to cut Mario some slack? You say it as if we're teasing him or picking on him. I'm just saying his first album sales are bad but he had creative control and promotion so there's nobody else to blame but himself. Again, he had a lot of promotion. That's not an excuse. That's all I'm saying.

This post has been edited by Idol Maniac: Oct 5th 2006, 11:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #9

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Oct 5th 2006, 11:24 PM) *

I'm sorry if I offended you. I think you got the wrong idea. He did get what he deserved. He took advantage of Idol and lied to America. If he's so much better than Idol, then why did he audition in the first place? Again, I didn't stop liking him because he quit. I think he made a bad choice. He had a chance and he blew it. Mario could have won but not "easily hands down". Carrie, Bo, Vonzell and even Constantine would have given him a run for his money at the very least. In fact, I think Carrie would have most likely still won. Carrie and Mario were my ideal final 2. I am still a fan of his, I like his single, and I bought his album. I just didn't like his decision to quit. Actually, I hear a lot about Ruben and Fantasia lately. They were taking a break after their last albums but now they are coming back. Ruben's album is being released later this month and Fantasia's album is being released on December 5th. I don't even like Fantasia and I know this. You obviously aren't an Idol fan. We need to cut Mario some slack? You say it as if we're teasing him or picking on him. I'm just saying his first album sales are bad but he had creative control and promotion so there's nobody else to blame but himself. Again, he had a lot of promotion. That's not an excuse. That's all I'm saying.

yes.gif Totally agree. He wanted to take advantage of Idol and then run with it. It was just foolish to think he could do that. He knew what his plan was all along. I'm sorry but Mario is not better than Idol there have been way better talent on the show then him. Tamyra, Diana, Justin had way better sales without all that promotion and everyone says they flopped. If that's the case Mario BOMBED. He had help from Big artists and still failed, yeah better than Idol not even close.

This post has been edited by 1234567890: Oct 5th 2006, 11:37 PM

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
Taswaysha
post Oct 6th 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. artist: The sexy Lady GaGa

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Oct 6th 2006, 12:36 AM) *

yes.gif Totally agree. He wanted to take advantage of Idol and then run with it. It was just foolish to think he could do that. He knew what his plan was all along. I'm sorry but Mario is not better than Idol there have been way better talent on the show then him. Tamyra, Diana, Justin had way better sales without all that promotion and everyone says they flopped. If that's the case Mario BOMBED. He had help from Big artists and still failed, yeah better than Idol not even close.

Ya'll are right. yes.gif

They play Gallery all the time on Z100, and it peaked @ number two on their top nine countdown, beating out Fergie and NE-YO as well as others. It stayed on there for a moment to at number nine, eight, and six.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image Thanks, Allison! IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
~Camile-Luver88~
post Oct 6th 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips

no matter what people say to deny it, he still debuted @ #80. any album that doesn't debut in the top 20 is considered a flop and this didn't even debut in the top 50. sucks for him but oh well.

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi by carriefanforever. Sig by idiosyncra.
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Oct 6th 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

its now a flop no hope for it he does have a great song 'gallery' but his album debut was horrible. william hung, diana degarmo and justin guarini were all flops but debut higher than he did and sold more diana sold 50,000 justin 75,000 and william 100,000

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
+Quote Post
tifferoo
post Oct 7th 2006, 3:48 AM
Post #13

Fav. twitteran: CHRIS_Daughtry

^ umm, your numbers are a little off laughing.gif

--------------------
quote of the week:
"ella tiene mi corazon (she has my heart)"
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 7th 2006, 8:19 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(tifferoo @ Oct 7th 2006, 3:48 AM) *

^ umm, your numbers are a little off laughing.gif

Actually, I don't think they are. unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
reijikido99
post Oct 9th 2006, 2:54 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

I think Diana and Justin were right, but did Hung really sell that many in his first week? Didn't know that blarg.gif

And Mario bombed, in my opinion, because his album sucks. And it's his own dumb fault.

--------------------
Kelly Clarkson - Fantasia - Jennifer Hudson - Bo Bice - Mandisa - Melinda Doolittle

David Cook - Allison Iraheta - Megan Joy - Crystal Bowersox - Siobhan Magnus

+Quote Post
tifferoo
post Oct 9th 2006, 5:42 AM
Post #16

Fav. twitteran: CHRIS_Daughtry

debut numbers:

Diana 47,000
Justin 57,000
William 38,000

--------------------
quote of the week:
"ella tiene mi corazon (she has my heart)"
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Oct 9th 2006, 7:01 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(reijikido99 @ Oct 9th 2006, 2:54 AM) *

I think Diana and Justin were right, but did Hung really sell that many in his first week? Didn't know that blarg.gif

Yes.

QUOTE(tifferoo @ Oct 9th 2006, 5:42 AM) *

debut numbers:

Diana 47,000
Justin 57,000
William 38,000

I think Diana and Justin's are right. William sold over 100,000 and debuted at #30-something on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart his first week.

--------------------
+Quote Post
chica02
post Oct 10th 2006, 5:25 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI7: David Cook

I don't know what to think personally--re: if he's now a "flop." Some things I DO know, is that while his song has been played for awhile on bigger stations, I just started hearing it on my stations and I'm now hearing it A LOT. The song IS popular, maybe people don't yet know he has an album out already. We'll see.

As for people still talking about his quitting Idol--move on. That happened a year and a half ago. It has nothing to do with anything now. Yeah, I suppose he might be thought of by some as "the guy who quit Idol." But even if he hadn't, those same people would think of him as "the guy who won Idol" or "the guy who finished in __ place on Idol." And even if he does flop, he'll know he did what he felt was best for himself, and that's all that should matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SouthernGirl
post Oct 10th 2006, 8:59 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Oct 9th 2006, 7:01 AM) *

Yes.
I think Diana and Justin's are right. William sold over 100,000 and debuted at #30-something on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart his first week.

those numbers look right. What makes no sense is that William Hung sold more than both of them all together and he has no talent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kenny
post Oct 12th 2006, 1:24 PM
Post #20

I'm too sexy for my member title.
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

He could have had more promotion. He wasnt on any shows. Leno, Conan, The View, Regis and Kelly, GMA, Early Show, Ellen...He wasnt on any!

--------------------
clarkson.10/16/07.10/18/08.10/31/08.11/06/08.3/10/09.9/3/09.10/02/09.10/10/09. set by me! tweet tumble
IPB Image
taking requests again at delicious designs! click to request!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 23rd 2014, 9:23 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol