Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's boycott The One!
clickhere
post Jul 21st 2006, 1:28 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

ABC went the extra step of doing this show in HD and surround sound. I guess they really expected it to take off even more than Dancing With The Stars. Instead they set a new low rating record for ABC's entire TV history. How shocking was that? One can only imagine the havoc that ensued at ABC entertainment after the initial overnight ratings came in. Networks are not typically known for their patience, and better shows have disappeared quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the speculation of this show being moved to ABC Family channel turns out to be true. Or, maybe they could put it on after Jimmy Kimmel.

This post has been edited by clickhere: Jul 21st 2006, 1:31 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 21st 2006, 1:28 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

IheartAnthony
post Jul 21st 2006, 1:33 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI10: Lauren Alaina
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

This show sucks. I hope it gets cancelled.

--------------------
Shout out to Raphy for the killer blend and avy!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #23

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover

Cancel The One!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image♥FOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12♥
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Jul 20th 2006, 11:00 PM) *

America didn't vote on Star Search!!!!!

And contestants didn't vote on Idol like on The One. What's your point? Each show has the little differences. But they are still singing competitions.

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Jul 20th 2006, 11:32 PM) *

Star Search was tournament style and Idol is just better.

I never commented on which was better. Just that idol isn't very original to begin with.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #25

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13: Alex & Jena

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Jul 21st 2006, 11:32 PM) *

Cancel The One!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! w00t.gif

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller, Amber Holcomb, Burnell Taylor AI13 (2014): Alex Preston, Jena Irene Asciutto, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson, Majesty York, M.K. Nobilette
+Quote Post
lucilla
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #26

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI5 Elliott

QUOTE(steven12y @ Jul 20th 2006, 8:37 PM) *

i think it would have done better if people gave it a chance

The problem is they went up against three other reality shows at the same time, and they waited until a few weeks into those reality shows before they started up so everyone was already into the other shows. So You Think You Can Dance?, Rockstar, and America's Got Talent sucked up all the viewers, and no one was there to try out the One. I was able to catch a few of the singers on The One after Rockstar ended Wednesday, and they were just bad. I'm glad I didn't waste my time with this show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
steven12y
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:04 AM
Post #27

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: THE SATURDAYS <3

^

yeah they started too early imo. They should have waited for at least SYTYCD to finish and/or AGT, not sure how far along that is. The talent isn't great but i think it's entertaining enough. When watching I look and think that if some of them actually SANG they would be really good, well not REALLY good but good. Audrey is one of them. She kinda screamed/screecheed her song and it would have been better if she sang it. She sang some of it and I liked her SINGING voice

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:50 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(steven12y @ Jul 22nd 2006, 1:04 AM) *

^

yeah they started too early imo. They should have waited for at least SYTYCD to finish and/or AGT, not sure how far along that is. The talent isn't great but i think it's entertaining enough. When watching I look and think that if some of them actually SANG they would be really good, well not REALLY good but good. Audrey is one of them. She kinda screamed/screecheed her song and it would have been better if she sang it. She sang some of it and I liked her SINGING voice

They are Ameircan Idol Hollywood contestants at best.

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller, Amber Holcomb, Burnell Taylor AI13 (2014): Alex Preston, Jena Irene Asciutto, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson, Majesty York, M.K. Nobilette
+Quote Post
Sexi_Rexi_4eva
post Jul 22nd 2006, 2:07 AM
Post #29

Fav. Person: Demi Lovato

I'm with you. This show sucks.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
LaurieJ
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:03 PM
Post #30

Fav. AI4: Constantine Maroulis

I was turned off the first 15 minutes of the show...the whole thing indeed sucked.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rex
post Jul 22nd 2006, 3:23 PM
Post #31

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. AI3: Leah LaBelle
Fav. AI7: Kady Malloy

QUOTE(Idol Maniac @ Jul 21st 2006, 12:27 AM) *

I'm sure a lot of people didn't like their catch phrase "We'll Show You What Idol Doesn't" or whatever and that's why they didn't watch. Also, it wasn't promoted very well.

Okay, I agree, maybe The One is not as fancy as Idol, but IT DOES show more than Idol...A lot of people seem frustrated that another talent show has appeared, why not giving another couple of weeks before saying it's so bad (wich is not, at least in my opinion, The One creates artists while Idol creates singers).

This post has been edited by Rex: Jul 22nd 2006, 3:24 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Rockerhannah, thank's for the avatar!
Matt, thank's for the blend!
+Quote Post
steven12y
post Jul 22nd 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #32

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: THE SATURDAYS <3

^

you mean musicians. they are more musicians than idol contestants. idol contestants are singers, the one is creating a MUSIC star, not a SINGING star

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Jul 22nd 2006, 6:54 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(Rex @ Jul 22nd 2006, 3:23 PM) *

Okay, I agree, maybe The One is not as fancy as Idol, but IT DOES show more than Idol...A lot of people seem frustrated that another talent show has appeared, why not giving another couple of weeks before saying it's so bad (wich is not, at least in my opinion, The One creates artists while Idol creates singers).

It is that bad. Like I said, the contestants are American Idol Hollywood round contestants at best.

QUOTE(steven12y @ Jul 22nd 2006, 5:50 PM) *

^

you mean musicians. they are more musicians than idol contestants. idol contestants are singers, the one is creating a MUSIC star, not a SINGING star

No, they aren't. Also, Idol searches for a superstar whereas The One makes one. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Idol Maniac: Jul 22nd 2006, 6:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Celebrity Skin
post Jul 22nd 2006, 7:21 PM
Post #34

Seriously this topic is stupid, I've never heard of anyone wanting to boycott a show. Usually if people don't want to watch the show they don't, there is no boycotting involved.

Anyway, I am sick of people saying how original American Idol is. First off, American Idol wasn't even the first Idol show. Pop Idol from the United Kingdom was. Idol Poland, Idols South Africa, and a few others also came before American Idol. And half of the contestants on American Idol are as boring as a piece of cardboard, all American Idol cares about is vocal skill. None of the contestants will end up as a legend who impacted the music world on a giant scale. Do you honestly think any of them will compete with the likes of The Beatles or Janis Joplin? No. Even though The One may not have as good as contestants as American Idol you don't need to start bashing it, if you don't like it why do you insist on talking about it so much?

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 19th 2014, 10:22 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol