Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

403 Pages V « < 398 399 400 401 402 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Class of 2008 Thread
TotalTayFan
post Feb 15th 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #7981

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

I've been trying to get in touch with the person who offered me a job in November, because I hadn't heard from him since. I've e-mailed and called and have gotten absolutely nowhere. He won't return any of my messages. It's just so strange because when he talked to me in November, he talked about A LOT of upward mobility...kind of like a we-want-to-hire-you-at-this-entry-level-position-as-a-means-to-an-end sort of thing, that "end" being "you're in charge of this entire operation." Which was a pretty exciting prospect, but now it's like I don't even exist. It's really complicated, because the offer I got was absolutely everything I wanted--subject matter, location, and type of work. I don't want to blow my chance at that, although at this point it looks like that's not even going to happen anyway, which means I'm basically back to square one. Except when I was originally at square one, I was willing to go anywhere. I'm not so willing to move across the country anymore. My mind has been made up for sure since October, but really more since April, that I want to spend my fresh-out-of-college years in Chicago. While there are of course jobs in Chicago, the trick is finding one that 1) I'm qualified in any way for (i.e.: not something in finance) and 2) that I actually stand a shot at getting (i.e.: not this one I found on Monday, where they hire 1 in 750 people who apply for just an internship [because they only hire from within, so the only way to get a job is to be an intern], and of those 1/750, only 20% actually get hired full time afterwards. Awesome noexpression.gif ). Rawr. All of this could be solved if the person who reached out to ME in the first place would get back to me. angry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 15th 2012, 12:28 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Jordan-N-Torifan
post Feb 15th 2012, 8:15 PM
Post #7982

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

Wow that sucks. Just keep trying and hopefully he'll get back to you. sad.gif

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Feb 29th 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #7983

Picked up my cap and gown today. Had dinner at the President's house. Day in the life haha.

Update on the job situation: I did finally here back and things were looking rather promising from that message...but my response hasn't been responded to yet. So now I once again feel like I have nothing. Boo angry.gif I'm in such a weird situation now, because now I don't know what I want to do for after graduation...I have a couple of places I was thinking about applying to for internships, but now I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to work at camp again (where I already have a job for the summer), earn a little money, and then move to Chicago in the fall...? Blahhhhhhhhhhhh. Why does this have to be so hard?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Annie
post Mar 2nd 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #7984

Dwight you ignorant slut!

Fav. AI7: David Cook

i'm forming two improv teams!!! SO EXCITED! had my improv show, and I'm now a ~senior~ at UCB.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 13th 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #7985

I just made my schedule for next fall. My last semester. What.
I'm going to apply to go back to Disney for Spring 2013.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Annie
post Mar 14th 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #7986

yay!!! I met someone on set yesterday who worked at Disneyland and was at Jungle Cruise and I thought of you stuart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 15th 2012, 8:07 PM
Post #7987

Aw cool! I would love to work at Jungle Cruise omg. shocked.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 21st 2012, 6:50 PM
Post #7988

I applied for graduation today. shocked.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Mar 25th 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #7989

Last day of my last spring break ever. Whut.

I went to Agua Prieta, Mexico/Douglas, AZ for spring break, and it was bomb.com. We learned about immigration and border issues and whoa. What an experience. Also, I'm kind of in love with the desert now. Never thought I'd be that kind of person, but I would totally move to Arizona.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 25th 2012, 7:31 PM
Post #7990

Even though I'm not graduating until December, it is still so weird that I'll never have another spring break. I went to Louisville for the NCAA tournament.

And that's totally how I felt about Florida. I never thought I wanted to live in a tropical climate (this girl needs her snow), but after doing the College Program, I actually wouldn't mind living there.

This post has been edited by Jordan-N-Torifan: Mar 29th 2012, 7:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Mar 29th 2012, 7:18 PM
Post #7991

Haha, that's funny that you say that, because when I was telling my parents about my trip, I was saying how I will totally be one of the old ladies who retires to Arizona instead of Florida. I'll take that dry heat over the humidity of somewhere like Florida any day.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 29th 2012, 7:41 PM
Post #7992

Arizona's weather is gorgeous. I went to Spring Training back in 2008 and looooved it. I've wanted to go back but haven't been able to yet. Someday...
I HATE the humidity in Florida ugh. But it has Disney World so I'll cope. lmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NothlitHawk777
post Mar 31st 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #7993

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. XF2: Fifth Harmony, Carly Rose

Don't think I've posted in this thread since 2009. haha.gif But I'm feeling nostalgic. Hope college has gone well for everyone! bye1.gif Good luck in life as a post-grad. Can't believe I have less than 4 weeks left of class. So anti-climactic. laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
If you wonder where all the McPhans have gone, CLICK ME. http://www.katharine-mcphee.org/
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Apr 1st 2012, 1:44 AM
Post #7994

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Some of you are about to graduate and I'm just.. stuck. Unsure what to do. I thought I might be going back to school this May at a campus near my house... I applied, sent my transcripts, and was accepted, but then I was looking at everything online and it says that I need 94 credits to graduate?! How can that even be right? I've already been in school for 3 years.

I don't know if I'll ever graduate, and I don't know what choices I have. I don't think going back to GCSU would be good for me... this whole anxiety thing has just ruined any plans I had. I feel like a failure.

--------------------

IPB Image
Tumblr l Twitter l #JEAH l Sig: oxidol_2.0 | AI12: Burnell, Candice, Angie, Devin, Amber
+Quote Post
Annie
post Apr 1st 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #7995

You're not. The summer after I left Augustana, I was in the same boat. I had no idea what to do. So I went and was... okay, I'm going to volunteer. And then I really knew my passion was acting and improv and comedy, but I was too damn scared of admitting it to anyone, but I bit that bullet and I'm now training at one of the best schools in America. Which is mind blowing.

College is not for everyone. I don't know if I'll go back. I might take writing classes and get a degree but it might take for-freaking-ever. I wouldn't be taking classes FOR a degree, it'd be for... learning creative writing, script writing, improv, etc. . Not for the degree.

but that's me.

This post has been edited by Annie: Apr 1st 2012, 2:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Apr 1st 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #7996

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

QUOTE(Annie @ Apr 1st 2012, 3:15 AM) *

You're not. The summer after I left Augustana, I was in the same boat. I had no idea what to do. So I went and was... okay, I'm going to volunteer. And then I really knew my passion was acting and improv and comedy, but I was too damn scared of admitting it to anyone, but I bit that bullet and I'm now training at one of the best schools in America. Which is mind blowing.

College is not for everyone. I don't know if I'll go back. I might take writing classes and get a degree but it might take for-freaking-ever. I wouldn't be taking classes FOR a degree, it'd be for... learning creative writing, script writing, improv, etc. . Not for the degree.

but that's me.

huggy.gif I'm so glad you've figured out what your passion is.

I know I'll finish school, but it just seems like it's taking forever, and I keep having these setbacks. And now I feel even worse since some of my friends are getting ready to graduate/have already graduated. I know that not everyone will finish in 4 years, but I feel like I SHOULD'VE been done and it hasn't happened.

--------------------

IPB Image
Tumblr l Twitter l #JEAH l Sig: oxidol_2.0 | AI12: Burnell, Candice, Angie, Devin, Amber
+Quote Post
yomarisa
post Apr 2nd 2012, 1:26 AM
Post #7997

Fav. Judge: Ellen DeGeneres

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Apr 2nd 2012, 12:34 AM) *

huggy.gif I'm so glad you've figured out what your passion is.

I know I'll finish school, but it just seems like it's taking forever, and I keep having these setbacks. And now I feel even worse since some of my friends are getting ready to graduate/have already graduated. I know that not everyone will finish in 4 years, but I feel like I SHOULD'VE been done and it hasn't happened.

Hey, I feel just like you do. I should have been graduating now, too, but I changed my major so many times that I feel like it'll take years to finish school. But I look at it as, I had all of my setbacks and everything for a reason: to get me to where I am now. I'm finally loving school and doing well, too. I mean, last semester (my first at this school) I got a 4.0! I never thought I'd EVER get even close to a 4.0 before. And plus, the real world kinda scares me haha, so I'd much rather be in school longer than out in the real world. Though it is frustrating knowing I could have and should have been done already. But you'll finish school soon enough, and just know sometimes it's better to take your time doing so. happy.gif

--------------------
"Shake it Out."
Twitter.Instagram.Tumblr.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Apr 16th 2012, 7:22 PM
Post #7998

This girl I went to high school with had a baby about 6 months ago and this other girl from my class wrote on her wall asking about the last month. Omg we’re too young to be having babies what is happening. fear2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NothlitHawk777
post Apr 16th 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #7999

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. XF2: Fifth Harmony, Carly Rose

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Apr 16th 2012, 5:22 PM) *

This girl I went to high school with had a baby about 6 months ago and this other girl from my class wrote on her wall asking about the last month. Omg we’re too young to be having babies what is happening. fear2.gif

I think more than half the girls from my graduating class has had a baby...I'm not even exaggerating. haha.gif Most of them started senior year of high school. laughing.gif And a lot of them are married too! It's so weird. I haven't really gotten used to it it. I could NOT imagine having a baby in my life right now. no.gif Or the next 15-20 years.

--------------------
IPB Image
If you wonder where all the McPhans have gone, CLICK ME. http://www.katharine-mcphee.org/
+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Apr 20th 2012, 2:53 PM
Post #8000

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Apr 16th 2012, 8:22 PM) *

I have six weddings to go to between June 2 and November 10, if that makes you feel any better. Four of them are for people in our grade, one is for people the grade above us, and one is for people the grade below us. Life's about to get really real.

Speaking of life getting really real, this time next week I'll be done with class. Forever. Whut.

Also, does anyone know anyone moving to Chicago? Preferably someone sane and not prone to illegal activity? I'm having one heck of a time trying to find roommates to live with me in the city, so I'm pretty much working my entire social network haha. Seriously though, if you know someone, hit me up. I can't afford to live by myself.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

403 Pages V « < 398 399 400 401 402 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 5:22 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol