Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newsday Scott Article
v-streamer
post Mar 1st 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Yrs:2,4,5,7,8,10

http://www.newsday.com/features/printediti...-features-print

After 'Idol' run, Savol still plugging away Email this story
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 1, 2006

Last year's run as a finalist on "American Idol" hasn't brought Scott Savol a record deal or the kind of international fame bestowed on winner Carrie Underwood.

But the northeast Ohio native isn't letting that stop him from pursuing his dream - and cashing in on his television notoriety.

The former security guard has been recording an album at a home studio in Cleveland Heights, appearing at local events such as a bridal show and lining up paid performances, including a possible county fair tour this summer.

"Sometimes in life, to win, you have to lose," he said.

Savol, 29, hopes to finish his album by next month and shop it around to record companies.

William Lynch, who runs Cleveland Merchant Music Family, has known Savol for years, long before his run on Fox's "American Idol."

Lynch's group helps aspiring area artists. He says one of Savol's songs, a soulful romantic ballad called "I Do," could be "the next big wedding song."

Savol was cut from "Idol" in May, finishing in fifth place on the fourth season of the hit TV series.

"I was there as long as God wanted me to be there," Savol said.

Last summer's tour with other finalists was exhausting, Savol said. These days, he sleeps in until about 10 a.m., then heads to the gym.

"I'm getting ready to live up to my 'Scotty the Body' nickname, by my wedding day, anyway," the heavyset crooner said.

Savol and his fiancee, Rochelle Waddell, plan to get married July 8.

Steve Popovich, head of Cleveland International Records who launched the career of Meat Loaf, believes Savol has potential.

"He can do well," Popovich says. "A white guy with soul can always do well."

Savol says the majority of his album will be R&B and pop.

"It's going to be along the lines of what people heard me do on the show," he said.

Savol said he's happy for Underwood and popular runner-up Bo Bice, but acknowledges he had problems with some contestants.

"There were a lot of issues on the tour, just people whose personalities changed," he said, refusing to go into details.

"People tried to say I changed, too," Savol said. "It's not me who changed. Your idea of me changed, because now I'm Scott from 'American Idol,' not Scott who's just walking down the street."

Subscribe to Newsday home delivery | Article licensing and reprint

--------------------
IPB Image
I haven't changed this signature since S7 for pure laziness!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RockStarCBSFan
post Mar 11th 2006, 1:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(v-streamer @ Mar 1st 2006, 4:00 PM) *

http://www.newsday.com/features/printediti...-features-print

After 'Idol' run, Savol still plugging away Email this story
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 1, 2006
Last year's run as a finalist on "American Idol" hasn't brought Scott Savol a record deal or the kind of international fame bestowed on winner Carrie Underwood.

Savol said he's happy for Underwood and popular runner-up Bo Bice, but acknowledges he had problems with some contestants.

"There were a lot of issues on the tour, just people whose personalities changed," he said, refusing to go into details.

"People tried to say I changed, too," Savol said. "It's not me who changed. Your idea of me changed, because now I'm Scott from 'American Idol,' not Scott who's just walking down the street."
Subscribe to Newsday home delivery | Article licensing and reprint

I smell a tell all book in the wind. cool.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 23rd 2014, 10:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol