Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VFTW Hall Of Fame Tournaments, Vote: The All-Time Worst CI Performance
WRSE
post Sep 20th 2005, 4:03 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. CI2: Kalan Porter
Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. Rockstar : Marty/Dilana/Phil

Sure people might like Josh, but people might like all of those people listed. So really does it matter anymore? Heck, Im being ripped apart because I am a Brock fan.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 20th 2005, 4:03 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:15 AM
Post #42

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 20th 2005, 1:18 PM)
What is next, you guys will create a "Brock Sucks" thread on Sucks...  I know how it works, get a life before judging others.

If you actually *knew* anything, you would know that Brock has had his own thread for over a year now.

Started on June 15, 2004:

Brock Groombridge is out choking his chicken again!!!

NOTE- The above link is archived in a section where you need to be an EZSupporter in order to access it. For those that do not have it, the general thrust of the thread was as follows:

1. He's hideously fugly
2. He desperately needs orthodontia and a face lift
3. His "singing" was atrocious
4. His fans should kill themselves
5. He is delusional for comparing himself to Clay in his profile...

Who in the music world do you think your style is most like?

If anyone, I'd say Clay Aiken, but there are still a few differences.

Yeah, the ability to sing kind of separates the two of you, Brock.

PS- As to your diatribe about getting a life before judging others...

1. Follow your own lame advice, hypocrite
2. A Brock apologist telling others to get a life...priceless!

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #43

First of all, he never compared himself to Clay. Having a similar style is not comparing. Heck, I sing in a more jazz style, but Im not comparig myself to any of the jazz greats. Its two different things.

And who am I judging? If you mwan your silly board, I was a member before so what I am saying iis not stuff Im pulling out of my ass. The whole idea of just watching shows to make fun of people is judging, so think about that.

Oh and thats right, now you guys require people to pay to do so in most parts of the board... classy.

This post has been edited by WRSE: Sep 21st 2005, 10:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 10:05 AM)
First of all, he never compared himself to Clay.

He absolutely did.

Oh and thats right, now you guys require people to pay to do so in most parts of the board... classy.

Once again, you are dead wrong. I have come to expect nothing less from you.

Most of the forum parts do not require EZSupport for access. The Clubs That Suck area is one, however.

$1 a month for EZSupport is so expensive, too. Especially when EZSupport results in a forum that isn't cluttered with eleventeen bazillion ads.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 1:11 PM
Post #45

Personally I can care less about ads. You are running a board, not a business, so why should it matter? Sure it might be only a buck a month, but it is the silliest thing to throw your money away to. Just think, with that money from each year you can buy a CD... something of more and lasting value than having to look at one or two adds in a thread. Heck, there are adds here on IDF and I have never heard anyone complain about them.

Most of all, closing off a clubs section is the same thing as if IDF closed off the fan clubs section. That means that a person has to pay in order to fully support the people they want to, as well as your board. Sop in the end who does it really help besides the idiots above you guys who are laughing their ases off because you guys bought into it?

Just a thought..

But anyways, he never did compare himself to Clay. He said his style was similar, not exact. And even then if he did say it was exact, it still wouldn't be comparing who he is to Clay. Heck, I know many people that have similar voices to other Idols, but that doesn't mean they are anything like them. Clay is Clay just as Brock is Brock. And in the end both are good singers in their own areas.

I don't see why you would be sticking up for Clay anyways, he is one of the "choosen ones" who you guys throw jokes at. So basically you guys are just Bo/Mel and depending on mood, Kelly fans.

I don't see what people that specialize in Survivor spoilers have anything to do with actually knowing a good voice or not.

This post has been edited by WRSE: Sep 21st 2005, 1:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 1:43 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 1:11 PM)
Personally I can care less about ads. You are running a board, not a business, so why should it matter? Sure it might be only a buck a month, but it is the silliest thing to throw your money away to. Just think, with that money from each year you can buy a CD... something of more and lasting value than having to look at one or two adds in a thread. Heck, there are adds here on IDF and I have never heard anyone complain about them.

Most of all, closing off a clubs section is the same thing as if IDF closed off the fan clubs section. That means that a person has to pay in order to fully support the people they want to, as well as your board. Sop in the end who does it really help besides the idiots above you guys who are laughing their ases off because you guys bought into it?

Just a thought..

Yeah, and it's an extremely retarded thought.

You definitely are the early favorite for next season's Reality Check Most Retarded Poster Award...congratulations.

If you understand nothing else, understand this...Neurox is first and foremost a BUSINESS. That's why there are ads. That's why they sell subscriptions. The money that it takes to run sites like this one has to come from somewhere.

To reiterate, this site sells subscriptions. In case you haven't seen it:

This is a great time to subscribe to Neurox! Neurox Media offers a number of subscription packages that will make your forum experience that much better! We accept payments by credit card, bank account and international money order via standard postal mail. From increased image attachment space to @idolforums.com webmail, check out our packages below:

What you get by becoming a NX Subscriber: ( $20 auto billed every 6 months )
increased upload attachment area (20MB of space / 100KB max per file)
[email protected] email address with 100MB webmail space
no advertisement (NX AdBot) inside topics/posts (Which I take to mean that the ads don't all disappear...right, admins?)
search the forums
your name appears differently in online users list
increased PM storage capacity (750 messages)
attach files via PM
ability to delete your own posts
and more to come soon!

What you get by becoming an NX Premium Subscriber: ( $30 auto billed every 6 months )
ALL regular NX Subscriber benefits above, plus...
increased upload attachment area (50MB of space / 200KB max per file)
2 @idolforums.com email addresses with 500MB webmail space
increased PM storage capacity (2500 messages)
free custom member title every 3 months
post as often as you like (no flood control!)
and more to come soon!

So as you should be able to see, there are definite perks to becoming a subscriber. As just one mere example, subscribed members can use the SEARCH button to find posts. Unpaid members don't have this luxury, and as a result a bunch of the tards here post duplicate threads, triplicate threads, quadruplicate threads, and so on. Sucks does not require you to pay anything to use the search button...thereby resulting in a drastic reduction in repeat threads which, among other things, saves bandwidth.

For a dollar a month, you'd rather buy a CD...presumably of someone who is more talented than Brock, like William Hung for example. That's fine. I have no problem with spending a dollar a month to support a forum that I both frequent and moderate. To me, it's money well spent...I get much more than a dollar a month's worth of enjoyment in return for the EZSupport that I pay. I'm sure those who subscribe here feel the same way about this place. I'm further certain that the subscribers here do not appreciate you saying this about them:

Sop in the end who does it really help besides the idiots above you guys who are laughing their ases off because you guys bought into it?

You owe the subscribers here an apology.

Furthermore, I'm certain the admins (the ones you called idiots) don't appreciate it either. You additionally owe them an apology.

This post has been edited by Reality Check: Sep 21st 2005, 1:46 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Retrograde
post Sep 21st 2005, 1:45 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 1:11 PM)
Personally I can care less about ads.  You are running a board, not a business, so why should it matter?  Sure it might be only a buck a month, but it is the silliest thing to throw your money away to.  Just think, with that money from each year you can buy a CD... something of more and lasting value than having to look at one or two adds in a thread.  Heck, there are adds here on IDF and I have never heard anyone complain about them. 

Most of all, closing off a clubs section is the same thing as if IDF closed off the fan clubs section.  That means that a person has to pay in order to fully support the people they want to, as well as your board.  Sop in the end who does it really help besides the idiots above you guys who are laughing their ases off because you guys bought into it? 

Sucks /= IDF. That means that if you just want to go there and drool over the latest androgynous heartthrob, you have to at least support the board in some way. It makes up for your braindeadness.

I don't see what people that specialize in Survivor spoilers have anything to do with actually knowing a good voice or not.

As you have clearly never been there, do us a favour. Don't visit Sucks.

t.ia.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 1:50 PM
Post #48

Oh and by the way, while I have not done a formal survey or anything like that, my guess is that people here don't complain much about the ads because there is no benefit in doing so. It's not going to change unless posters want to put their money where their collective mouths are, and that's not going to happen.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 3:50 PM
Post #49

Actually I forgot all about the thing here, but to my knowledge it was a media issue, not a board issue. I thought it was unrelated. And in some ways, I guess it is. Aside from the search thing, the benefits are seperate. They are not closing off forums to non paying members. I only know one site that does that respectfully and that is RHT, who offers free membership to those who don't want to pay out or just can't.

I owe no one here an apology because i was referring to sucks.. who with its name aside does suck. Heck,me poster of the year would be the best thing that would happen to your site.

And Brock is great original.gif a good looking guy too...

This post has been edited by WRSE: Sep 21st 2005, 3:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 3:50 PM)
Heck,me poster of the year would be the best thing that would happen to your site.

Um...the Reality Check Most Retarded Poster Award is an IDF award, not a Sucks one.

And you're well on your way to winning it.

This post has been edited by Reality Check: Sep 21st 2005, 5:19 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:42 PM
Post #51

Shouldn't it be you..? I mean you do think Brock sucks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bananabonanza
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:46 PM
Post #52

Fav. CI2: Theresa Sokyrka
Fav. CI3: Melissa O'Neil

This thread is really, really, really sad.
You can't be serious that you really don't have anything better to do than to humiliate these amazing people, and if that's the case then that's really sad too. This show obviously meant a lot to them, do you see how much they have to go through? I just don't get the point of this at all.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:54 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 5:42 PM)
Shouldn't it be you..?  I mean you do think Brock sucks.

Everyone else pretty much agrees with me, and of course they are right.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
thesingleone
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:56 PM
Post #54

Fav. AI6: Chris Richardson
Fav. idf/kp.combffl - KAILA<3

QUOTE(bananabonanza @ Sep 21st 2005, 5:46 PM)
This thread is really, really, really sad.
You can't be serious that you really don't have anything better to do than to humiliate these amazing people, and if that's the case then that's really sad too. This show obviously meant a lot to them, do you see how much they have to go through? I just don't get the point of this at all.

Your totally right yes.gif Idol was like a dream come true to these guys. Its not nice to make fun of performances or put them down. no.gif They work so hard!

This post has been edited by thesingleone: Sep 21st 2005, 5:56 PM

--------------------
thanks denise and jeff for my gorgeous blend and video avvie!
IPB Image
*ci5 faves: Greg, Brian & Jaydee
*now i've learned to take the bad things, turn 'em into something good so I hope you understand that you made me who I am.
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 5:58 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(Reality Check @ Sep 21st 2005, 5:54 PM)
Everyone else pretty much agrees with me, and of course they are right.

Heh, he won't make it through group 1. He is too good original.gif

This post has been edited by WRSE: Sep 21st 2005, 5:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:41 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(WRSE @ Sep 21st 2005, 5:58 PM)
Heh, he won't make it through group 1.  He is too good original.gif

Well, he's not favored to...Daryl and Cheryl got the first-round byes.

I like Brock's chances in Round 1 though, against Snoozi Yawn.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:45 PM
Post #57

Eh, Suzi has the edge because Suzi is actually good. So she fopped.. big deal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Reality Check
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:46 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(thesingleone @ Sep 21st 2005, 5:56 PM)
Your totally right yes.gif Idol was like a dream come true to these guys. Its not nice to make fun of performances or put them down. no.gif They work so hard!

user posted image

Everybody say Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

(For those counting, that's the third emoticon I've used here.)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
WRSE
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:49 PM
Post #59

Eh, you just have no respect for anyone. Maybe its because you are a bad singer so you put down other singers to make you feel better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Retrograde
post Sep 21st 2005, 9:21 PM
Post #60

I wondered how long it would take before the jealousy card got played.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 23rd 2014, 9:26 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol