Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> The top 6 rocks the stage!
BritneyIsMyIdol
post Aug 19th 2005, 3:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Classic Rock-Top 6!

Tuesday night's theme was Classic Rock! Our idols performed with a live band to the great sound of rock!

We get a little talk from our judges and a look back on the history of classic rock. Then we get introduced to the band, and the top 6!

Our first performer of the night i Melissa O'Neil, singing, "Alone". She starts off great, she puts a lot of her emotions into it. When it gets to the faster part her voice gets very powerful. She's consistent and sounds amazing. If it weren't for that awful backup singer, this performances would have been perfect. The judges think she fits the themes, and that she kicks butt.

Next up is Rex Goudie singing, "Turn The Page". I think he started out really great, then he started to go flat a bit. I think he really looks like he fits this theme though. He really got into it, and I loved his jump at the end! The judges think he was passionate and liked it.

Our third performer is Casey LeBlanc. She's singing, "I'll Stand by You". She sounds okay during the first verse, it sounded like she hit some bad notes. She seems like her usual lifeless self....The chorus was actually really great though, I enjoyed that. This is probably her best performance so far. The judges thought she sang like a grown up, and she sang it with heart and meaning.

Fourth is Aaron Walpole singing, "Hot Blooded". I heard this song 3 years ago and I liked it, so yay! His voice is powerful and he sounds great tonight. I think he always sounds great, but this is one of his best performances. The band sounds amazing also. The judges think he looks natural and has the energy.

Now we get a video from the L'Oreal girls. And WOW, one of them took Rex's hat and put it on backwards on themself....please fire them. Jon Dore comes out with his new mustache and encourages us all to grow them!

Suzi Rawn takes the stage singing, "Piece Of My Heart". She sounds great, out of all the idols who sang this, she's the best. She looks like she's been doing this forever, comfortable and natural on the stage. She's definitely no Janis but she's actually pretty good. The judges think it was a good song choice/performance and that it worked.

Last for tonight is Josh Palmer singing, "Layla". Initially I thought this song choice would be great for him. He started out amazing but he got pitchy towards the middle and end. We also get to see him play the guitar which is pretty cool. He looks like he's having a great time. The judges think he fulfilled his destiny and thought the dramatic ending was one of the best they've ever seen.

Well it was a great night, I don't have any favourites 'cause I really liked them all!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 19th 2005, 3:33 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
BritneyIsMyIdol   The top 6 rocks the stage!   Aug 19th 2005, 3:33 PM
Cheyenne   Good job ^_^   Aug 19th 2005, 3:47 PM
dianadegarmo4eva   I disagree with most of the comments, but it was g...   Aug 19th 2005, 3:56 PM
MonkeyMasterTao9   Good recap ^_^   Aug 19th 2005, 6:37 PM
*Wallace   Pretty good review. I disagree with you on Rex and...   Aug 20th 2005, 11:44 AM
bumnummies   Good job! I think I really agree with you...   Aug 20th 2005, 8:38 PM
J0rdan   I agree besides Rex and Suzi.   Aug 25th 2005, 11:55 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 4:18 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol