Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> dave moffat auditioned, fer Canadian Idol 3.
shalowater
post Mar 27th 2005, 9:56 PM
Post #1

I am Claynadian

Group: Members

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

there was a video clip on the canadian idol site but i cant seem to find it now and i think it was someone here that directed us in a thread to that video.

does anyone have the link to this video again. i need to prove this fact to someone.

thanxx guys.

//sandra.

here is the site http://www.ctv.ca/idol/gen/Home.html

but i cant find the video. i think he auditioned in Winnipeg. original.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVERMIND! since i cant delete this i will add the link.

i FOUND it!! pinch.gif haha.gif

go here http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/idol...0042_103457244/

click on:

Former child performer tries his luck on Idol

This post has been edited by shalowater: Mar 27th 2005, 10:02 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Imagehttp://shalowater.livejournal.com/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 27th 2005, 9:56 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Budger
post Apr 2nd 2005, 1:52 PM
Post #2

From: Vancouver, BC Hottest Idol: Nikki Mckibbin Fav. AI4: Anwar Robinson Favorite Idol: Clay Aiken Fav. OzI: Anthony Callea Fav. CI: Jacob Hoggard

arrrrgh.. no offense, but sheesh, stop asking these "he's already got a record deal" questions..
if they allowed him to audition, he must be legitimate already..

moffatts were signed onto the record deal companies years ago and perhaps the contract expired a few years ago.. the canadian idol contract perhaps allows you to audition if you haven't had a contract somewhere else for at least a certain amount of years.

if you thought that what i said was offensive, what you're saying about dave moffatt is offensive.
dave moffatt knows what he's doing. so don't assume that he's stupid and doesn't know how to read contracts or get someone to look at it for him. sorry but i have to be this blunt.

sorry im not flaming.. i guess its defense mechanism.. i know that dave moffatt as canadian idol would give a good name to canada.

he's loved everywhere -- internationally.. sort of like michael jackson..
kalan porter is known only to canada and a little in the states.. but nowhere else..

so if dave moffatt becomes canadian idol, perhaps that means he'll be a pioneer to new artists emerging from canadian idol to make it international.

This post has been edited by Budger: Apr 2nd 2005, 1:54 PM

--------------------
user posted image
shalowater is the HOTTEST siggy maker ever! Thanks for the blend!
Official Keeper of Brandy
+Quote Post
glow_girl85
post Apr 2nd 2005, 3:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Budger @ Apr 2nd 2005, 2:52 PM)
arrrrgh.. no offense, but sheesh, stop asking these "he's already got a record deal" questions..
if they allowed him to audition, he must be legitimate already..

moffatts were signed onto the record deal companies years ago and perhaps the contract expired a few years ago.. the canadian idol contract perhaps allows you to audition if you haven't had a contract somewhere else for at least a certain amount of years.

if you thought that what i said was offensive, what you're saying about dave moffatt is offensive.
dave moffatt knows what he's doing. so don't assume that he's stupid and doesn't know how to read contracts or get someone to look at it for him. sorry but i have to be this blunt.

sorry im not flaming.. i guess its defense mechanism.. i know that dave moffatt as canadian idol would give a good name to canada.

he's loved everywhere -- internationally.. sort of like michael jackson..
kalan porter is known only to canada and a little in the states.. but nowhere else..

so if dave moffatt becomes canadian idol, perhaps that means he'll be a pioneer to new artists emerging from canadian idol to make it international.

i don't think that i was saying anything "offensive" about him. i happen to like him, he was my favourite Moffatt. i just don't think that it's fair that someone who is already well-known as a musician to audition for CI (even if the contract is "expired", i still don't see how that should make a difference). you said it yourself, he's known everywhere, because he's already had a career in the music industry. obviously Kalan is known only in Canada. why would he be known everywhere else? before CI, he never singles and albums out like Dave has. you compared Dave to Michael Jackson. so, if Michael Jackson auditioned for Idol, you think that would be ok (if he had an "expired" contract)?
i'm not saying you're wrong or anything, i'm just trying to understand how exactly these rules work, because this whole thing confuses me now.

This post has been edited by glow_girl85: Apr 2nd 2005, 3:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Budger
post Apr 2nd 2005, 7:21 PM
Post #4

From: Vancouver, BC Hottest Idol: Nikki Mckibbin Fav. AI4: Anwar Robinson Favorite Idol: Clay Aiken Fav. OzI: Anthony Callea Fav. CI: Jacob Hoggard

QUOTE(glow_girl85 @ Apr 2nd 2005, 3:37 PM)
i don't think that i was saying anything "offensive" about him. i happen to like him, he was my favourite Moffatt. i just don't think that it's fair that someone who is already well-known as a musician to audition for CI (even if the contract is "expired", i still don't see how that should make a difference). you said it yourself, he's known everywhere, because he's already had a career in the music industry. obviously Kalan is known only in Canada. why would he be known everywhere else? before CI, he never singles and albums out like Dave has. you compared Dave to Michael Jackson. so, if Michael Jackson auditioned for Idol, you think that would be ok (if he had an "expired" contract)?
i'm not saying you're wrong or anything, i'm just trying to understand how exactly these rules work, because this whole thing confuses me now.

again it's not a matter of being "fair" -- we the audience are looking for entertainment.

for michael - MAYBE (even if he didn't have that degrading face).. even if michael jackson's contract expired, he was way more famous and has had many multi-platinum albums and songs.

the moffats didn't.. they were more like a few hits wonder in the 90s and suddenly dissappeared from the music scene to my knowledge.. (at least off the charts...)..

the moffatts weren't getting as much attention anymore and canadian idol is a great way to redeem Dave Moffatt.

I could see it on the headlines - "Nation redeems childhood performer"

listen he's my favourite so far, but if he's not spectacular, or if theres someone else better than him, i would vote for that person, rather than dave moffatt.
but obviously, that's not the public mentality and thats too bad.

--------------------
user posted image
shalowater is the HOTTEST siggy maker ever! Thanks for the blend!
Official Keeper of Brandy
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
shalowater   dave moffat auditioned   Mar 27th 2005, 9:56 PM
canadiansforJS   :) That's cool.   Apr 1st 2005, 9:08 AM
Budger   omg omg omg i wanna see how he did on his audition   Apr 1st 2005, 1:32 PM
uncreativename   omg i loved him when I was little!! i saw ...   Apr 1st 2005, 1:44 PM
starkissed   I wonder how he did :lol: I used to listen to The ...   Apr 1st 2005, 2:07 PM
Canadian Freak*   well good luck to him! lol :)   Apr 1st 2005, 4:05 PM
Budger   it said that he made it to the celebrity round.. w...   Apr 2nd 2005, 2:10 AM
titan   who is he? well if he is already well known it wou...   Apr 2nd 2005, 2:19 AM
Budger   pfft. those contestants should already realize th...   Apr 2nd 2005, 2:35 AM
shackle   aw good luck to him :) i used to be obsessed wi...   Apr 2nd 2005, 3:03 AM
uncreativename   yo, i was worse. I had their posters all over my ...   Apr 2nd 2005, 3:11 AM
luvdave   go VIDEO,then click THE LATEST VIDEOS,then u'l...   Apr 2nd 2005, 6:27 AM
Budger   hahah time to bring back those posters eh? and b...   Apr 2nd 2005, 11:53 AM
uncreativename   it's been pretty well known in the "moff...   Apr 2nd 2005, 4:22 PM
glow_girl85   what? how is he even allowed to audition? he's...   Apr 2nd 2005, 12:26 PM
Budger   arrrrgh.. no offense, but sheesh, stop asking thes...   Apr 2nd 2005, 1:52 PM
glow_girl85   i don't think that i was saying anything ...   Apr 2nd 2005, 3:37 PM
Budger   again it's not a matter of being "fair...   Apr 2nd 2005, 7:21 PM
sundinsgirl42   OMG... wow.... Why would he do that? Im curious t...   Apr 2nd 2005, 2:09 PM
HudsonFan   Ugh, I hated the moffats. I hope CI isn't givi...   Apr 2nd 2005, 4:09 PM
TML   Dave is cool. At least it was dirty Scott... that ...   Apr 2nd 2005, 6:54 PM
kaleama   He is gay. And he does have a boyfriend. He live...   Apr 2nd 2005, 7:22 PM
luvdave   he works at the Bay?wot does he do there?????? :f...   Apr 3rd 2005, 10:07 AM
kaleama   He works in fragrance   Apr 3rd 2005, 10:10 AM
ToriStar   who ??   Apr 5th 2005, 3:24 PM
Clays_girl   I think that he wont go far cuz he already got his...   Apr 7th 2005, 7:03 PM
shalowater   im so glad i started this thread. ;)   Apr 7th 2005, 8:04 PM
titan   budger i still dont think you get it these idol sh...   Apr 10th 2005, 2:48 PM
Budger   wow that's a major assumption on your part is...   Apr 10th 2005, 8:30 PM
MyIdol   Agreed. I don't see why Dave can't make a...   Apr 11th 2005, 12:22 PM
Idol-Lee.Cious   Dave was SO my fave Moffat second was Clint ;)   Apr 11th 2005, 5:58 AM
titan   what ever you can believe what you want to believe...   Apr 13th 2005, 11:58 PM
Budger   life isn't fair, and the sooner the contestan...   Apr 14th 2005, 12:38 AM
heymela   Did he try out in winnipeg? Cause I know he was he...   Apr 14th 2005, 12:31 AM
titan   i know life isnt fair :rolleyes: and ci is far fr...   Apr 14th 2005, 10:08 PM
kaleama   Yeah, he tried out in Winnipeg. I always though...   Apr 14th 2005, 10:49 PM
beb204   yup. :teehee:   May 30th 2005, 8:17 PM
xmike   I never liked Moffatts or however you spell it. =/   May 30th 2005, 9:41 PM
shalowater   did ya see him tonight?   May 31st 2005, 1:04 AM
Canadian ClayFan   Well if Andy Scott-Lee was aloud to try out and ac...   May 31st 2005, 11:10 AM
Kelliqueen   1) Can anyone post a link for the video of his aud...   May 31st 2005, 12:07 PM
linzo   I really think Dave is amazing. He should make it ...   Jun 10th 2005, 6:42 AM
BabyIdolFan21   I'm American and was a Moffatt fan (Scott bein...   May 31st 2005, 12:10 PM
WeAllShineOn   I live in Winnipeg and as far as I know, he perfor...   Jun 5th 2005, 9:51 PM
Mereillejames   That is sort of ludacris in a way.... and seems un...   Jun 11th 2005, 5:49 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 19th 2014, 1:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol