Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

541 Pages V « < 443 444 445 446 447 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official NHL Hockey Thread, part 2
RWG
post Feb 22nd 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #8881

Group: Members

Last night:

IPB Image 1 Weise (4th)

IPB Image 3 Fisher (18th), Kostitsyn (15th), Legwand (14th)

Oh well. We went five weeks without a regulation loss. It had to happen eventually. I figured it would be against a tight-checking team like Nashville.

We play the Wings tomorrow. It should be good; we're two points behind them with a game in hand. We also get a swing at their 22-game home winning streak. Which is insane, btw.

Sadly, I get to miss that one too. I hate eastern road trips.

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 22nd 2012, 11:22 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

RWG
post Feb 23rd 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #8882

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Feb 22nd 2012, 3:15 PM) *

Oilers beat the Flames 6-1. pinch.gif

Wtf.

Though the Sam Gagner story is nice. A lot of guys labelled busts just turn out to be late bloomers.

Worse, the shots on goal were Oilers 42 - Flames 22. In the first period they had 17 shots and we had 7, and the second particularly awful period it was 17 and 4, and finally 8 and 11. Oilers faster, keener and actually present at game.

The only person not to take the night off was Kipper, who probably wondered where the heck the rest of the team went. Plus Butler fell into our net and got a cut in his leg, so we're out another person. A sheepish Iginla said afterwards that they all chose the same night to play badly "except our goaltender." In the 3rd Karlsson played in goal and let one in. They were totally overrun.

Meh. Shots are overrated. We always get outshot and win. tongue.gif

For me, the most annoying thing to hear from my team is when, after a loss, someone puts forward the idea that, on an individual basis, every player on the team chose to play badly or "take the night off." I wish I cheered for one of those teams that decided to try and win every night.

Phaneuf looks really slow there! Actually he has these moments, though I don't think it is happening as often anymore, when he goes to exactly the wrong place on the ice for no discernible reason while stuff happens. It used to be quite frustrating. Plus he has a really hard shot and can not often hit the net, which is a waste.

Poor Reimer. Gustavsson "before they could erect a statue" ? lmao.gif We should totally have one for Kipper, since he may never win a Vezina again even if he stands on his head every night. Our team's position means he isn't on the radar.

I remember he would always put himself out of position to make hits. There are lots of things about his game that I'd take on my team, but I don't understand why he's a captain.

Vancouver has a statue of Roger Neilson doing the original towel spin, but that's pretty much it. It would be funny to see one of the Sedins if they ever get The Job done. Kiprusoff doesn't get enough praise when he plays well, but he doesn't get criticized as much as a lot of other goalies do when he plays as badly as them.

Oh! Don't you lump me in with Sean Avery! Who I saw on Project Runway All Stars as a judge one week, which was incredibly disturbing. It is hard these days to celebrate a goal at any time. People get upset for so many reasons. It was kind of pathetic to celebrate it, but that was a rough night.

I lumped myself in there too. tongue.gif Sean Avery is probably one of few NHL players I'd be friends with in real life. He actually puts forward original thoughts. I'd rather be compared to him than one of the many talking heads.

Yeah, you're right. I don't know. I guess it's a subtle Don Cherry streak I have within me.

Your faith in our sanity is touching. tongue.gif

Yeah I try.

At this point I think the Flames can injure any player at any time doing pretty much anything. Oh, if you want to take a Flame with you to Vegas, pick Tanguay who was the last Flame left in the charity poker tournament. Kipper by the way wore a trendy cowboy hat in a nice shade of brown. I could totally see the Sedins playing cards with strange twin voodoo knowledge.

They still say they are going to sell Phoenix to someone who wants it to stay in the desert. Baffles me. Big waste of money. Dallas I think is going to turn around now someone new is involved.

Now everyone can go back to what they were doing. Odds down to 43.5% and we play Phoenix Thursday. I really can't predict it.

I don't know what Flame I'd take. Iginla's my favourite Flame, but he doesn't seem like that much fun. I could take Bouwmeester; I think they have good deals around April. tongue.gif I'd probably take Backlund. He's my age and seems sane but like he could wreak havoc every once in a while.

That thing is kind of stupid, to be honest. A couple days ago, the Ducks were five points out and the hottest team going, and it gave them at 7% chance of making the playoffs. I don't think it takes into consideration the direction in which a team is trending and assumes every team has a 50% chance of winning every game. The Flames' odds should probably be a bit higher since they've been mostly winning lately.

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 24th 2012, 1:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:10 AM
Post #8883

Also, I can't believe what we're seeing from the Caps. Just brutal. Every adjective with which people describe that team--lazy, uninspired, heartless, unhinged--sounds like Ovechkin to a tee. Put a responsible captain in and let OV be his own thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 24th 2012, 2:21 AM
Post #8884

IPB Image 4 (SO) D. Sedin (28th, 29th), Hodgson (16th)

IPB Image 3 Helm (7th), Abdelkader (7th), Quincey (6th)

The Canucks tie the game with 15 seconds remaining and go on to snap the Red Wings' 23-game winning streak in a shootout.

Game of the season. Thrilled I got to miss it.

I have watched all of the highlights and goals, and this sure was a dandy. I love the way these two teams move the puck and the way they play each other. There's a strong hybrid of hate and respect that makes for plain good hockey. I'd love a Western Conference Final between these two teams. I think the Red Wings would win if they went in healthy, but if we did beat them, I know for sure we'd win the cup.

Twenty three wins at home sure is impressive, but you knew the league's best road team would be the one to break the streak.

Oh yeah, Datsyuk was out. A bit of a variable. haha.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Love 'em.

NJ tomorrow.

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 24th 2012, 2:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
danieljgokey4lfe
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:00 PM
Post #8885

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. Singer: Nick Lachey Show: OTH

^I was happy the Canucks beat the Red Wings. I was kind of getting tired of hearing about their streak. I mean it was impressive, but it was getting kind of annoying. bleh.gif Congrats to the Canucks for beating them!

--------------------
IPB Image
Nick Lachey, David Cook, Katharine McPhee, Danny Gokey, PGH Penguins, & ♥Naley♥ etc.
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 24th 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #8886

IPB Image 2 Raymond (7th), Rome (4th)

IPB Image 1 Clarkson (24th)

The Canucks' plane got out of very late last night because of a blizzard. They looked emotionally and physically exhausted, but they put out an effort and got away with a "mail it in Friday" 2-1 win in New Jersey. Scheider was sound; winning unreasonable back-to-backs like this is a perk of having two great goalies. This also looked like a coaching win to me. AV takes a lot of heat for a lot of stuff, but he had the guys on a system that kept most of the Devils' shots from the perimeter.

Five wins in seven nights. Road warriors. grin.gif We play midday in Dallas on Sunday. Stupid schedule.

I don't think these two teams would get along if they played in the same conference. I do love the Prudential Center, though. It's modern, but it has an old, bulky look to it.

We're first in the league now: one point up on Detroit--square in games--and five ahead of the Rangers, who have four games in hand on us but will have a tougher schedule to close the season.

QUOTE(danieljgokey4lfe @ Feb 24th 2012, 5:00 PM) *

^I was happy the Canucks beat the Red Wings. I was kind of getting tired of hearing about their streak. I mean it was impressive, but it was getting kind of annoying. bleh.gif Congrats to the Canucks for beating them!

Thanks. grin.gif I'm relieved someone snapped it. I remember I told my friend their downfall would be that they can't win on the road, to which he answered, "They probably won't have to." tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 24th 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #8887

Martin Brodeur on Roberto Luongo and pressure:

“If he played in Phoenix or maybe even New Jersey, you have the ability to go around it a little bit,” he said. “But over there, it’s tough. People demand your performance day in and day out. And it goes with the glory too. When you win, you take it. But when you lose, it’s the other way, and that’s a tough thing to handle. He signed there for another 10 years, so he has to deal with it. I decided to stay here for a reason.”

“I’m a big fan of his,” Brodeur said. “To me, I judge you by the kind of person you are. I know him. He grew up two streets away from me and I got to know him real well, his family and everything, and I’m happy he bounced back from earlier in the season. That kind of (carried over) from what happened in the playoffs and now it seems like he was able to shake everything off.”

“I went through the Team Canada thing of being the backup of Patrick (Roy) and being behind Cujo (Curtis Joseph) and I finally got the (opportunity in the 2002 Olympics) and was able to do some good stuff,” Brodeur said. “(Luongo) sat behind me a few times and went to the World Championships and did really well and he got the opportunity and he was able to pull off a win – a big win against the Americans – to get the gold (in the 2010 Olympics) and now the expectations are like, he’s won a gold, now he’s playing for a team that won the President’s Trophy during the regular season and had a couple of hiccups bounced back and got to the Finals and lost in Game 7.

“I’ll take that any day for that one opportunity to win a Stanley Cup. I’ve lost one to Colorado (in 2001) and I lost a Game 7 in double overtime against the Rangers (in the 1994 conference finals) and you know what? There’s a lot of good things you do. You need to learn how to lose sometimes in a way to be able to win. This guy has everything for him. He has a good team. He’s got a good coach, a good system in front of him. It’s just a matter of being patient and not worrying too much.”

Marty's the man. Very well spoken. He knows how much Luongo looks up to him and makes some good points.

--

Just to set the night off, the Sabres beat the Bruins again (in Buffalo). This, of course, comes on the heels of Brad Marchand's calling Buffalo the worst city in the NHL. Suck it. haha.gif

--

I think there's an unemployed communications officer in Calgary right now.

IPB Image

LOL. How does that end up on the team's official Twitter feed? Maybe the person forgot to sign out of the Flames' account and thought he or she was in his or her personal account. Either way, the glass houses analogy can be applied to a fan of a team that pays Matt Stajan 3.5 millions who thinks 5 is too much for Hemsky.

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 24th 2012, 11:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mysteriosa
post Feb 25th 2012, 4:10 AM
Post #8888

Fav. CI4: Craig Sharpe
Fav. FI3: Ari Koivunen/Anna Abreu

fail.gif AFter the 6-1 loss to the Oilers, the Flames decide to blow a 2-0 lead over Phoenix and lose in a shootout 3-2. In the interval before the third period the GM threatened to trade everyone if things don't improve by Monday, and then later kind of said he wasn't REALLY meaning everyone, and all the fans are back to being depressed. Amusing moment: GM says he isn't trading Kipper because is there anything lower than 30th?

It's not so much the losing. I wouldn't care so much if I thought they were really giving effort. Something is missing with them. Serious lack of character. We have Glencross and Smith back, though. Iginla is coming in for a lot of "well he's the captain why doesn't he do something to lead the way". And these are home games. They are doing what they've done for the last 3 yrs, which is blow it when it really counts.

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 23rd 2012, 12:04 AM) *

Kiprusoff doesn't get enough praise when he plays well, but he doesn't get criticized as much as a lot of other goalies do when he plays as badly as them.

Last yr he had a bad patch and the columnists were literally saying his career was coming to an end and he'd never win another award because he was no longer good enough. Fickle bunch or what. He has off moments but overall I think he's the most consistent player in a sea of weird inconsistency.

The Flames' odds should probably be a bit higher since they've been mostly winning lately.

You did it. YOU! Jinxed them. tongue.gif

I think there's an unemployed communications officer in Calgary right now.
LOL. How does that end up on the team's official Twitter feed? Maybe the person forgot to sign out of the Flames' account and thought he or she was in his or her personal account. Either way, the glass houses analogy can be applied to a fan of a team that pays Matt Stajan 3.5 millions who thinks 5 is too much for Hemsky.

huh.gif Curious. They've paid too much for loads of people who are currently busy being mediocre. I just realized I never bother reading their official twitter! They could be saying anything...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
danieljgokey4lfe
post Feb 25th 2012, 7:58 PM
Post #8889

w00t.gif FANTASTIC GAME FOR THE PENS TODAY!! GENO ONCE AGAIN WAS DOMINATE!! A LESSON WAS LEARNED TODAY BY THE LIGHTNING...YOU DO NOT MAKE MALKIN ANGRY(DWAYNE ROLOSON PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE)!! BUT FREAKING AMAZING 2ND GOAL! HE SCHOOLED ALL THE BOLTS PLAYERS ON THE ICE AT THAT MOMENT!! MALKIN GETS HIS 3RD HAT TRICK OF THE SEASON! THE FLOWER WAS ALSO FANTASTIC!! PENS 8 BOLTS 1 grin.gif

Penguin Goals: Chris Kunitz(17), Matt Cooke(12), Jordan Staal 1SH(20,21), Evgeni Malkin(34,35,36) & Pacal Dupuis(14)

Nealer & Sully had 3 assists! The top line had a combined point total of 10! They kept Stamkos scoreless the last three games only surrending 2 assists on the season!

wub.gif Can't wait to see NHL 36: James Neal especially after todays game!! Gonna be SWEET!! w00t.gif

Geno's amazing goal!!
Geno Goal

This post has been edited by danieljgokey4lfe: Feb 25th 2012, 8:25 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Nick Lachey, David Cook, Katharine McPhee, Danny Gokey, PGH Penguins, & ♥Naley♥ etc.
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Feb 25th 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #8890

Pssh. Hockey. Y'all need to step up and enjoy a real man's game like table tennis.

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
LadyYamin25
post Feb 26th 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #8891

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Incredible 8-1 victory from the Pens against the Lightning this afternoon!

Goals from Kunitz, Dupuis, Cooke, 2 from Staal and 3 from Malkin!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 26th 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #8892

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Feb 25th 2012, 1:10 AM) *

fail.gif AFter the 6-1 loss to the Oilers, the Flames decide to blow a 2-0 lead over Phoenix and lose in a shootout 3-2. In the interval before the third period the GM threatened to trade everyone if things don't improve by Monday, and then later kind of said he wasn't REALLY meaning everyone, and all the fans are back to being depressed. Amusing moment: GM says he isn't trading Kipper because is there anything lower than 30th?

It's not so much the losing. I wouldn't care so much if I thought they were really giving effort. Something is missing with them. Serious lack of character. We have Glencross and Smith back, though. Iginla is coming in for a lot of "well he's the captain why doesn't he do something to lead the way". And these are home games. They are doing what they've done for the last 3 yrs, which is blow it when it really counts.
Last yr he had a bad patch and the columnists were literally saying his career was coming to an end and he'd never win another award because he was no longer good enough. Fickle bunch or what. He has off moments but overall I think he's the most consistent player in a sea of weird inconsistency.

You did it. YOU! Jinxed them. tongue.gif

huh.gif Curious. They've paid too much for loads of people who are currently busy being mediocre. I just realized I never bother reading their official twitter! They could be saying anything...

I heard he let them have it, but I didn't know it was between intermissions. The message may have resonated more if half the team didn't have no-movement clauses.

The 3-0 lead they just blew against the Flyers may send a message to the higher-ups. Personally, I think if the team were in the basement--buried somewhere well beneath the likes of the Oilers and Islanders--Jay Feaster would still say he believes the answers are in that dressing room.

The CBC broadcast pointed out how Meszaros rolled his eyes at Bryzgalov after one of goals and how, after missing an opportunity to score late in the game, he was then got a tap on the shoulder and a "don't worry about it" from Bryzgalov. Bryz. may not be playing well, but that guy's not a cancer.

Whoopsies.

He'd be worth that much for two full seasons, but his injury history suggests the Oilers are more likely to get two part-seasons. You don't miss much. It's just that "organizations" aren't supposed to have opinions, as a certain goalie learned the hard way the other week. tongue.gif
QUOTE(D.J. @ Feb 25th 2012, 8:48 PM) *

Pssh. Hockey. Y'all need to step up and enjoy a real man's game like table tennis.

How about I meet you halfway at beer pong?

QUOTE(danieljgokey4lfe @ Feb 25th 2012, 4:58 PM) *
Geno's amazing goal!!
Geno Goal

That was incredible.

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 26th 2012, 3:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
danieljgokey4lfe
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:27 PM
Post #8893

Pens win another game this time against the Blue Jackets. The refs were so stupid in this game. We had two goals waived off which shouldn't have been and obviously one was against Kunitz who has had tons of disallowed goals this season. The other one was "goalie interference" by Kunitz after a shot from Letang went in. Sanford was not even in the goal crease and Kunitz barely touched his arm. But after each of those waived off goals they responded with goals just minutes later. Brad Thiessen made his NHL Debut getting a win. Congrats to him! PENS 4 JACKETS 2

Penguin Goals: Evgeni Malkin(37), Pascal Dupuis(15), Kris Letang(9), Joe Vitale(4)

heart.gif Malkin's still dominating!! Also Devils lost today so that's good!!

This post has been edited by danieljgokey4lfe: Feb 26th 2012, 4:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LadyYamin25
post Feb 27th 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #8894

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(danieljgokey4lfe @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:27 PM) *

Pens win another game this time against the Blue Jackets. The refs were so stupid in this game. We had two goals waived off which shouldn't have been and obviously one was against Kunitz who has had tons of disallowed goals this season. The other one was "goalie interference" by Kunitz after a shot from Letang went in. Sanford was not even in the goal crease and Kunitz barely touched his arm. But after each of those waived off goals they responded with goals just minutes later. Brad Thiessen made his NHL Debut getting a win. Congrats to him! PENS 4 JACKETS 2

Penguin Goals: Evgeni Malkin(37), Pascal Dupuis(15), Kris Letang(9), Joe Vitale(4)

heart.gif Malkin's still dominating!! Also Devils lost today so that's good!!

I feel so bad for Chris Kunitz. Can you imagine how many goals he would have if they were allowed?

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 27th 2012, 1:22 AM
Post #8895

IPB Image 2 Kesler (19th), Raymond (8th)

IPB Image 3 (OT) Ryder (25th), Eriksson (21st), Rebeiro (14th)

Bleh. Blew a 2-0 lead and a 2-1 lead in the last minute. The Stars were completely gifted the game-tying goal on a b.s. icing call. We benefited from a similar call in the Detroit game, but that doesn't make NHL reffing any less of a joke.

I don't see why the Stars should be sellers. Without Crawford, they're a sharp team.

Phoenix Tuesday. Last game of this six-game road trip. This team is bagged.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mysteriosa
post Feb 27th 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #8896

QUOTE(danieljgokey4lfe @ Feb 25th 2012, 7:58 PM) *

w00t.gif FANTASTIC GAME FOR THE PENS TODAY!! GENO ONCE AGAIN WAS DOMINATE!! A LESSON WAS LEARNED TODAY BY THE LIGHTNING...YOU DO NOT MAKE MALKIN ANGRY(DWAYNE ROLOSON PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE)!! BUT FREAKING AMAZING 2ND GOAL! HE SCHOOLED ALL THE BOLTS PLAYERS ON THE ICE AT THAT MOMENT!! MALKIN GETS HIS 3RD HAT TRICK OF THE SEASON! THE FLOWER WAS ALSO FANTASTIC!! PENS 8 BOLTS 1 grin.gif
Geno's amazing goal!!
Geno Goal

I'm happy for them. Roloson punched him in the face?! Oh, that goal is sweet. He just outran everyone. So that's what skill looks like. I don't get to watch it that often... The sort of thing Ovechkin used to do before he lost focus.

QUOTE(D.J. @ Feb 25th 2012, 11:48 PM) *

laughing.gif Is there checking?

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 26th 2012, 1:24 AM) *

I heard he let them have it, but I didn't know it was between intermissions. The message may have resonated more if half the team didn't have no-movement clauses.

The 3-0 lead they just blew against the Flyers may send a message to the higher-ups. Personally, I think if the team were in the basement--buried somewhere well beneath the likes of the Oilers and Islanders--Jay Feaster would still say he believes the answers are in that dressing room.

It is very hard to threaten people who literally can not be moved!

I think Flames might end up in the basement, under the used towels and shirts awaiting the laundry. I watched the last hour of the Trade Deadline. sleep_1.gif Calgary didn't do anything except re-sign Jackman (and I do like him). I still think it won't work. I wish it would, but I know we'll either miss by a point or get into the playoffs and be wiped off the map in the 1st round.

The CBC broadcast pointed out how Meszaros rolled his eyes at Bryzgalov after one of goals and how, after missing an opportunity to score late in the game, he was then got a tap on the shoulder and a "don't worry about it" from Bryzgalov. Bryz. may not be playing well, but that guy's not a cancer.

Whoopsies.

He'd be worth that much for two full seasons, but his injury history suggests the Oilers are more likely to get two part-seasons. You don't miss much. It's just that "organizations" aren't supposed to have opinions, as a certain goalie learned the hard way the other week. tongue.gif

I couldn't understand why they were making a federal case out of that. It's not like the player was swearing at Bryz. or something. Loved it when they said Bryz. is a 'tad odd'. I am in love with his goalie mask with tigers on it.
Goalies Blog with Tiger Mask pics

Vancouver lost to Dallas. Come on! Help a team out. tongue.gif

Our Flames organization has lots of deluded opinions. fear.gif I mean, I didn't want to trade away the future, but it's like everyone says the right things and does the opposite. Vancouver on the other hand decided to go for it and is beginning to look like a mini-Sweden.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 27th 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #8897

I'm so mad right now.

The Canucks traded Cody Hodgson to Buffalo for Zack Kassian.

I'm thinking a lot of things about this. It's just so, so disappointing. It's the first time I've been mad at our GM since he's been here. It just makes no sense to me at this point. We waited so long for Cody to come around. We--the fans and management--stuck by him through back injuries, reports that he was a bust, and rumours of issues between the team, him, and his agent. But he finally breaks out as a superstar this year: 16 goals already--all so timely--such rocker of a shot, such a hard skater, and such a well-spoken kid. He was supposed to be our next captain. But the second he sees the light, we ship him off for a prospect? When we're bang in the middle of our window to win the cup? Wtf?

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen Pahlsson Kassian
Lappiere Malhotra Bitz/Weiss

Hammhuis Bieksa
Edler Salo
Tanev Rome/Gragnani

That's a downgrade. A hundred per cent. We're in first place, and we downgraded. We basically had two second lines. Now there's pretty much nothing down the middle after Henrik and Kesler.

We gave up this:

For this:

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Windsor Spitfire Zack Kassian no longer has to worry about a criminal record thwarting his hockey career — assault charges against him were dropped in court Wednesday.

The charge, related to bar fight in downtown Windsor, was withdrawn by the Crown through a negotiated deal, referred to in the courts as “diversion.”

As part of the deal, Kassian had to perform 25 hours of community service, make a $500 donation to charity and pay for the dental work of the man he punched, said his lawyer, Patrick Ducharme.

Windsor police arrested the Spitfire forward just before 2 a.m. on May 30 at The Beach Sports Bar and Grill on Ouellette Avenue. Kassian, 19, didn’t have to spend any time in jail, being released the same day on a promise to appear in court.

People who fight in bars make up the absolute dumbest segment of society. Gillis and Vigneault can stop feeding us the b.s. about building a team on character now. If that's your true agenda, Cody Hodgson is the cornerstone of your team.

Maybe I could understand in the off-season, but why now? Kassian didn't even make the Sabres this year. How is he supposed to help a team at the other end of the spectrum? Perhaps he will ad grit and make us a bit more intimidating, if not tougher. But even if he turns out to be our Lucic, there's no way I'd give up our new Linden for that.

The worst part is that Gillis goes on and on about how you can't build a team to beat just one team. He's taking a page from the Broons culture just because they're the team that beat us. If they're that one team we have to beat again, I want to see us do it with our game: the style and system that has been so money for us. If we stick to it, we'll have soon. I know it. Everyone knows damn well that the team we had last year would have beaten Boston had we not been carried into game seven on 18 separate stretchers.

Finally, this puts a lot of pressure on Kassian, which he in no way deserves.

Mike Gillis owes the fans of Vancouver a dinner because WE LIKE TO BE WINED AND DINED WHEN WE GET F*CKED.

It better become clear to people soon--say, but mid-June--why we did this.

Edit: If there's a shred of light that takes the sting out of this move, it's that apparently, Burke wanted Kassian. laughing.gif

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Feb 27th 2012, 4:54 PM) *
I think Flames might end up in the basement, under the used towels and shirts awaiting the laundry. I watched the last hour of the Trade Deadline. sleep_1.gif Calgary didn't do anything except re-sign Jackman (and I do like him). I still think it won't work. I wish it would, but I know we'll either miss by a point or get into the playoffs and be wiped off the map in the 1st round.
I couldn't understand why they were making a federal case out of that. It's not like the player was swearing at Bryz. or something. Loved it when they said Bryz. is a 'tad odd'. I am in love with his goalie mask with tigers on it.
Goalies Blog with Tiger Mask pics

Vancouver lost to Dallas. Come on! Help a team out. tongue.gif

Our Flames organization has lots of deluded opinions. fear.gif I mean, I didn't want to trade away the future, but it's like everyone says the right things and does the opposite. Vancouver on the other hand decided to go for it and is beginning to look like a mini-Sweden.

Lol. "YOU $%*(S WHAT THE **** WAS THAT PERIOD YOU BETTER GET OUT THERE IN THE THIRD AND PLAY YOUR ASSES OFF OR YOU'RE ALL OUTTA HERE!!!" "Lol, (middle finger) we got NTCs Jay, suck it."

Sutter would have picked up a rental with a NTC, thus increasing the team's playoff odds by a few per cent but tying their hands them over in the long term.

I've been rooting for the Flames when their results don't affect us, but I'm starting to hope they don't make it because I feel like one more miss will finally hammer home (to people in Calgary) that Feaster's "plan" is stupid and is not going to bring the city a Stanley Cup.

I don't care about the Meszaros thing. I just think it's cool that, despite what is written about him, every indication suggests Bryz is a standup teammate.

Pahlsson's an okay pick-up for what we gave up. But otherwise, I disagree with your definition of "going for it" as "make your roster less skilled." tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 27th 2012, 11:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 28th 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #8898

BC Bud claims another victim:

The camera went back to him about a minute later, and he still had his head buried in his card.

This post has been edited by RWG: Feb 28th 2012, 12:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mysteriosa
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:35 PM
Post #8899

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 27th 2012, 11:16 PM) *

I'm so mad right now.

The Canucks traded Cody Hodgson to Buffalo for Zack Kassian.

I'm thinking a lot of things about this. It's just so, so disappointing. It's the first time I've been mad at our GM since he's been here. It just makes no sense to me at this point. We waited so long for Cody to come around. We--the fans and management--stuck by him through back injuries, reports that he was a bust, and rumours of issues between the team, him, and his agent. But he finally breaks out as a superstar this year: 16 goals already--all so timely--such rocker of a shot, such a hard skater, and such a well-spoken kid. He was supposed to be our next captain. But the second he sees the light, we ship him off for a prospect? When we're bang in the middle of our window to win the cup? Wtf?

That's a downgrade. A hundred per cent. We're in first place, and we downgraded. We basically had two second lines. Now there's pretty much nothing down the middle after Henrik and Kesler.

Edit: If there's a shred of light that takes the sting out of this move, it's that apparently, Burke wanted Kassian. laughing.gif

From what the paper said it sounded like Hodgson doesn't get to play that much? But as a bystander, I couldn't figure why they'd trade someone who is starting to pay off for someone who is likely to be the next hockey player to end up in court because he punched someone. Unless there's some issue there that the GM hasn't told anyone about. Oh, everyone wants to tick off Burke. laughing.gif How is Kassian such an upgrade? Will one 'tough' guy be that amazing that Hodgson can be sacrificed, because Vancouver isn't a small team or anything.

Lol. "YOU $%*(S WHAT THE **** WAS THAT PERIOD YOU BETTER GET OUT THERE IN THE THIRD AND PLAY YOUR ASSES OFF OR YOU'RE ALL OUTTA HERE!!!" "Lol, (middle finger) we got NTCs Jay, suck it."

Sutter would have picked up a rental with a NTC, thus increasing the team's playoff odds by a few per cent but tying their hands them over in the long term.

Pahlsson's an okay pick-up for what we gave up. But otherwise, I disagree with your definition of "going for it" as "make your roster less skilled." tongue.gif

That reminds me of the All Star Game when Hartnell said 'Suck it, Phaneuf'. Feaster talks really positively and keeps the team together, talking about turning things around. You ask yourself, how do the Flames repay this?

They LOSE. On the same day! They play horrible hockey. Kipper takes some time off during the game because he is worn out from saving them every night, and I watch the Voice instead of the 3rd. tongue.gif

Worse, it's the night they honour Al MacInnis, but he works for St Louis now, so when they beat us 3-1 he is not that sad. It was a really nice ceremony too, with the 1989 Flames team members there and his family gets flowers, and commemorative silver pucks, and replica cup rings, and they raise a banner with his picture. Classy.

I could totally see Darryl ensuring the short term, and I think he's doing it in LA now. And he can't seem to inspire scoring. Feaster can't be pleased with the Flames now at all, and without Kipper I think the team would have been picked apart by now. I was beginning to think it might come together, and they've lost 4 in a row at home. Ick.

It isn't like Vancouver really needs fixing! Instead of Pahlsson and whatever his name was, why didn't they just find an affordable guy who is large and likes to fight, like Jackman. Though like you said, is that really the kind of team you want to have anyway? Kind of mysterious, that trade. Not totally terrible, but weird.

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 28th 2012, 12:33 AM) *

The camera went back to him about a minute later, and he still had his head buried in his card.

That's cute. I can't imagine Brent Sutter doing that. Not unless we wait until he has his breakdown. shifty.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 29th 2012, 3:04 AM
Post #8900

IPB Image 1 Edler (8th)

IPB Image 2 (SO) Backlund (19th)

We go all year without giving up a lead heading into the third period and then do it twice. Another point slips away late in the third. Schneider was terrific, but we still played better than them. The Coyotes may be the flavour of the month, but I don't "buy them" at all the way I do St. Louis and Nashville.

That concludes a six-game road trip with a record of 3-1-2. The good news is that March and April are almost exclusively at home. Also, the Western segment of HNIC will features games in Vancouver for the rest of the year. When you exclude the game we hosted the Leafs (at f'ing 4:00 p.m.), which is technically the Eastern broadcast, the Canucks have hosted one Saturday night CBC game all year. One! All of the others have been from Calgary and Edmonton.

Wowawewa can you say MELTDOWN IN TO! The Leafs lost again. Still in tenth. The Panthers, Capitals, and Senators all won. The Leafs next seven games:

@ Chicago
@ Montreal
vs. Boston
@ Pittsburgh
vs. Philadelphia
@ Washington
@ Florida

Put a fork in it, folks.

The "Fire Wilson" chants return. #FireWilson trending very hard on Twitter. I don't get why Burke doesn't just do it while Carlyle is available. He suffered the same fate in Vancouver. He couldn't pull the trigger on his friend Marc Crawford, so ownership sent him packing first (Crawford a year later).

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Feb 28th 2012, 4:35 PM) *

From what the paper said it sounded like Hodgson doesn't get to play that much? But as a bystander, I couldn't figure why they'd trade someone who is starting to pay off for someone who is likely to be the next hockey player to end up in court because he punched someone. Unless there's some issue there that the GM hasn't told anyone about. Oh, everyone wants to tick off Burke. laughing.gif How is Kassian such an upgrade? Will one 'tough' guy be that amazing that Hodgson can be sacrificed, because Vancouver isn't a small team or anything.

That reminds me of the All Star Game when Hartnell said 'Suck it, Phaneuf'. Feaster talks really positively and keeps the team together, talking about turning things around. You ask yourself, how do the Flames repay this?

They LOSE. On the same day! They play horrible hockey. Kipper takes some time off during the game because he is worn out from saving them every night, and I watch the Voice instead of the 3rd. tongue.gif

Worse, it's the night they honour Al MacInnis, but he works for St Louis now, so when they beat us 3-1 he is not that sad. It was a really nice ceremony too, with the 1989 Flames team members there and his family gets flowers, and commemorative silver pucks, and replica cup rings, and they raise a banner with his picture. Classy.

I could totally see Darryl ensuring the short term, and I think he's doing it in LA now. And he can't seem to inspire scoring. Feaster can't be pleased with the Flames now at all, and without Kipper I think the team would have been picked apart by now. I was beginning to think it might come together, and they've lost 4 in a row at home. Ick.

It isn't like Vancouver really needs fixing! Instead of Pahlsson and whatever his name was, why didn't they just find an affordable guy who is large and likes to fight, like Jackman. Though like you said, is that really the kind of team you want to have anyway? Kind of mysterious, that trade. Not totally terrible, but weird.
That's cute. I can't imagine Brent Sutter doing that. Not unless we wait until he has his breakdown. shifty.gif

Well, he's a natural centre. Our top two centre positions are kind of locked up with Henrik and Kesler. People think A.V. hated him, but there were only so many minutes available for him here if you want to breed him as a centre. Now that I've had a day to take it in, you could convince me it was the right trade to make, but you couldn't convince me this was the right time to make it.

That's not to say I'm not excited about Kassian. As much as I hate Lucic, it's not like I'd mind having one on my team. haha.gif

I love Al McInnes! He had such a lethal slapshot. Yeah, that's kind of awkward that he played for both teams. I was kind of surprised by how old he looked, too. He didn't retire that long ago.

The LA situation is just too much. Last season? Great offense, can't score. Bring in Richards. Last in scoring. Change coach. Nope, nothing. They won 4-0 tonight, but Carter's arrival was run in by yet another 2-1 loss. I don't get why Dean Lombardi can't for the life of him figure out that it's his system, not his roster, that keeps his team from scoring, when it's about the most obvious thing in the world to everyone else in the league.

I like the Pahlsson acquisition. He has a cup and Olympic gold. He was responsible for shutting the Sedins on the Ducks checking line during their 2007 cup run. Not a goal-scorer, but I like him as a bottom six and for the experience he brings. Jackman... no thanks. tongue.gif

That's one thing I do like about Alain. He's always having fun and seems like he genuinely enjoys being a coach.

--------------------
+Quote Post

541 Pages V « < 443 444 445 446 447 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 30th 2014, 6:57 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol