Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

136 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Groovalicious Guy Sebastian Fan Thread, Fro Club
~ashura*~
post Nov 30th 2004, 6:12 AM
Post #61

Group: Members

Fav. Guy, Will Young, Kjartan

***The Fro Club Roll Call***

1.~ashura*~
2.Zlatlot
3.GS_CA
4.Prina
5.Sweetest berry
6.Honey
7.Merrill
8.Sprout
9.Jatz
10. Milsy_dm
11. Linsu
12. ~*GiggLeBeaNs*~
13. Jazza
14. ClayDianaCamile
15. lilstarluke
16. aussie_princess
17.Hairbear
18.flipside_Diva
bye1.gif
----------------------------------------------

For more information log into:
www.guysebastian.com.au

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 4th 2004, 9:37 AM

--------------------
Guy Sebastian -"To touch people, all you need is to give yourself through the music".IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 30th 2004, 6:12 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

~ashura*~
post Nov 30th 2004, 6:19 AM
Post #62

user posted image

The 'fro' phenomena maintains the momentum. More than 3500 hundred fans adored the Sebastian family when they joined Guy on stage.

30nov04

THEY are one member short of the Jacksons, but Ollie Sebastian says there is "no chance" of a fifth member joining. "I don't think my wife would go for it," he laughs.

Ollie, Jeremy and Chris drove the crowd wild when they joined their brother, Australian Idol, Guy

Sebastian on stage during his Entertainment Centre concert on Sunday night and belted out Bryan McKnight's Back to One.

"It was about as impromptu as you can get," Ollie laughs.

He only found out 10 minutes before the special Adelaide-only performance, while Chris and Jeremy got about an hour's notice. "I think Guy's been planning it for a while but he thought he'd wait until the last minute to tell us so we couldn't back out," Ollie said.

It meant a lot to Guy who said on stage: "I think I'm gonna cry."

"We've all gone through it with him, and I guess we've all played a part in his journey," Ollie says.

"It was great, it was just like four brothers singing at home."

And how did Chris, 16, and Jeremy, 14, handle the gig in front of more than 3500 fans?

"I think their heads struggled to fit through a few doors this morning (Monday)," Ollie jokes.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/commo...5E31624,00.html

--------------------
Guy Sebastian -"To touch people, all you need is to give yourself through the music".IPB Image
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Nov 30th 2004, 6:28 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(milsy_dm @ Nov 30 2004, 12:57 AM)
Got my Guy CD today  heart.gif !!! Especially the duet with Mya.

BTW, what happened to the days when albums used to have 20 tracks on 'em, most now only have less than 15, stingy bastards!!

I love "Make heaven Wait", "Sweetest Berry", "How", the lists go on....I still can't decide my fav pinch.gif

Yeah..I expect more tracks on it. 14 tracks is just not enough icecream.gif !

Milsy_dm, Guy will be released "Fovever with You" feat Mya next year in UK.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lilstarluke
post Dec 3rd 2004, 6:58 AM
Post #64

Sebastian injures ankle
19:32 AEDT Fri Dec 3 2004

Guy Sebastian will take to the stage at Sydney's State Theatre on Saturday night wearing an ankle brace and walking with crutches.

The singer fell while "mucking around" with fellow performer Shannon Noll at a Mark Waugh celebrity cricket match in Melbourne.

A spokeswoman for Sebastian's record label, BMG Sony, said the incident occurred during a break from the cricket when Sebastian, Noll and Robert "Millsy" Mills were playing with a football.

Sebastian tore several ligaments in his ankle during the fall and was treated by a doctor.

He will wear an ankle brace and will use crutches for a few weeks.

The singer, who won the first series of Australian Idol last year, is currently mid-way through a national tour.

The spokeswoman said Sebastian will perform at a corporate gig on Friday night before flying on Saturday to Sydney for performances at the city's State Theatre over the weekend.

"Guy is determined to give the best show he can for his fans," the spokeswoman said.

Sebastian's tour kicked off in Queensland last month. He is accompanied by a 10-piece band and four dancers.

The Sydney shows will be the last of the tour which took in dates in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Wollongong, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

Sebastian's set includes songs from both his albums - his debut Just As I Am and the follow-up Beautiful Life.

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=13819
-----

Oh no! Poor Guy! crying.gif

--------------------
Australian Idol 1: Paulini Curuenavuli, Guy Sebastian
Australian Idol 2: Ricki-Lee Coulter, Ngaiire Joseph, Casey Donovan
Australian Idol 3: Emily Williams
Australian Idol 4: Jessica Mauboy, Damien Leith, Lavina Williams
Australian Idol 5: Matt Corby, Ben McKenzie, Natalie Gauci
Australian Idol 6: Amanda Grafanakis, Brooke Addamo, Chrislyn Hamilton
Australian Idol 7: Nathan Brake, Stan Walker, Aliqua Mao
+Quote Post
sweetest berry
post Dec 3rd 2004, 7:44 AM
Post #65

QUOTE(lilstarluke @ Dec 3 2004, 6:58 AM)
Sebastian injures ankle
19:32 AEDT Fri Dec 3 2004
Guy Sebastian will take to the stage at Sydney's State Theatre on Saturday night wearing an ankle brace and walking with crutches.

The singer fell while "mucking around" with fellow performer Shannon Noll at a Mark Waugh celebrity cricket match in Melbourne.

A spokeswoman for Sebastian's record label, BMG Sony, said the incident occurred during a break from the cricket when Sebastian, Noll and Robert "Millsy" Mills were playing with a football.

Sebastian tore several ligaments in his ankle during the fall and was treated by a doctor.

He will wear an ankle brace and will use crutches for a few weeks.

EEEEEEEEK! no.gif sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5KU5RyX9_E Guy Sebastian's TALLER STRONGER BETTER
+Quote Post
HairBear
post Dec 3rd 2004, 3:42 PM
Post #66

Fav. Oz Idol: Guy Sebastian

QUOTE(sweetest berry @ Dec 3 2004, 7:44 AM)
EEEEEEEEK!    no.gif  sad.gif

It is gonna be a bit of a challenge for sure - I mean I have been to two concerts and man can he move and groove...

and dancing and putting on the moves on stage is a big part of his concert act todate... but you know if anyone can pull this off - Guy can - he has done it before when faced with adversity thumbsup.gif

Good luck Guy for tonight for your first Sydney Concert.

--------------------
+Quote Post
flipside_Diva
post Dec 3rd 2004, 9:59 PM
Post #67

hiiii!!! i love Guy Sebastian! heart.gif heart.gif wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image
My iDoLs [user posted image][user posted image][user posted image]

+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 4th 2004, 9:56 AM
Post #68

AMAZING!!! shocked.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif Simply fantastic, what a world class performance from Guy Sebastian and his band! flowers.gif

His ankle must be killing him right now after he given all his best (Guy tried to groove/move as much as he wanted in the concert, i can say he done a good job) ..he is a real trooper! *bow to the man*

-----------
More tomorrow after 2nd concert...sleep_1.gif (put on Sweetest berry)

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 4th 2004, 10:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
HairBear
post Dec 5th 2004, 5:12 AM
Post #69

Fav. Oz Idol: Guy Sebastian

QUOTE(~ashura*~ @ Dec 4 2004, 9:56 AM)
AMAZING!!!  shocked.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif Simply fantastic, what a world class performance from Guy Sebastian and his band! flowers.gif

His ankle must be killing him right now after he given all his best (Guy tried to groove/move as much as he wanted in the concert, i can say he done a good job) ..he is a real trooper! *bow to the man*

-----------
More tomorrow after 2nd concert...sleep_1.gif (put on Sweetest berry)

Waiting here for your report sleep_1.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 5th 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(HairBear @ Dec 5 2004, 5:12 AM)
Waiting here for your report sleep_1.gif  flowers.gif

bye1.gif HairBear,

I pretty much exhausted right now…what I can say is…..
Guy is a LEGEND, he is brilliant live performer!!! The band rocks!! He moved better than last night and tonight crowd are louderand crazier. sorcerer.gif flowers.gif
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif That's 100% for Guy brilliant concerts.

My boyfriend and friend from Singapore were speechless shocked.gif crying.gif w00t.gif when he played the piano and sang “How”, “Beautiful friend” and “Wait”. I’m nearly died and gone to the heaven…He’s just so beautiful. Oh…and also “Climb every mountain”, we scream so loud and clapped so hard …now we need cups of peppermint tea for our business presentation tomorrow.

We also went to the FRO ZONE, I can’t remember what he sang now…let me think, ...first he sang "The Christmas song", two other songs from Brian Mcknight "Anytime" and "True to myself" by Eric Benet (i absolutely adored "True to myself...Guy mentioned about the lyrics are special for him, he should record it as a B-side on his next single) and a request song "Sweetest berry" from audiences (sorry, bad memory)…I need a Guy concerts DVD for Xmas’!!!! One of the best concerts I have been to...OK, my boyfriend want you to know that…Guy Sebastian ROCKS (he is not into RNB and album but he’s totally into Guy’s live performances). rolleyes.gif huggy.gif

During Q &A session, Guy also impersonated Crocodile hunter Steve Erwen??? That’s so funny. I can’t wait for Guy 3rd album, he said his 3rd album will be totally different from the 2nd. I love 2nd album btw but more Guy’s songs is better than few.

Back to the concert, Guy opened the show with remix version of “OWMB” and “Beautiful Life”…..then “What a wonderful world”, ”When I get you alone” and “When doves cry”. The crowd just went psycho (yep, that including us). Light went off, piano on…Guy sang ‘How’, ‘Beautiful Friend’, “Wait”. The place went so quietly, you can hear the pin drop…everyone is in awe, I get all teary. Just so beautiful!!! My boyfriend asked me a Q - ‘I have no idea Guy can play such a wonderful pieces and sang so beautifully at the same time, do you?’ at the end of this session. OMGosh, Guy can play piano, guitar and drum. I think my boyfriend is not that man at all after that Q. ermm.gif

After all this WOW factor songs, he sang another two WOW WOW songs ‘ Sweetest Berry’ and ‘Kryptonite’ (I saw some of the fans got kryptonite balls and waved it in the dark, Guy love it!). Another brilliant idea from legitimate Guy Sebastian fans. flowers.gif

1.29a.m AEST- Dizzy…

After that he sang up-beat song ‘All I need is you’, we were grooving around like the maniac. He also introduced his band and back-up singer, they are brilliant too….Then, he sang a song that dedicated to his fans and Idol fans….have a guess?? The powerful notes in that song probably converted my boyfriend to be a new member of Fro club.

Next, here come the shining bling bling cane with the hottest dancers and “Oh, Oh”, Guy grooved around so well (no grandpa dance for him tonight), the crowd and himself seen to be forgetting he got an injured ankle. He really enjoyed himself and connected the old and young audiences really well…Professional!

He bowed and said goodbye-

The place went off, everyone screamed their heads off and keep chanting…here come ‘Angels brought me here’. Everyone sand along with the Guy angels…flawless.

He bowed and bowed…we screamed, applauded for a minutes. Show ended! I want more Guy’s concerts!!!
-------
Early morning tomorrow, so I need to stop now…2.04a.m Anything need to be edit, will need to wait until Wednesday.

p.s. This is my personal concert review (sorry, it’s not in order…I just write what it came out right now). What a wonderful show from a wonderful Guy! Guy is BRILLIANT!!!

G'Night sleep_1.gif (relax in the bath and listen to BL)

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 8th 2004, 7:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jatz
post Dec 5th 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #71

Fav. Kat McPhee

QUOTE(~ashura*~ @ Dec 5 2004, 10:12 AM)
what I can say is…..
Guy is a LEGEND, he is brilliant live performer!!!  sorcerer.gif  flowers.gif
thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif That's 100% for Guy brilliant concerts.

im so happy for you! i wish badly I could've gone...

My boyfriend and friend from Singapore were speechless  shocked.gif...OK, my boyfriend wants you to know that Guy Sebastian ROCKS (he is not into RNB but he’s totally into Guy’s live performances)

I woulda loved that! My boyfriend is not a believer either *yet* wink.gif

I need a Guy concerts DVD for Xmas’!!!!

hello!! me too! laughing.gif icecream.gif

One of the best concerts I have been to...

Did I mention I'm totally green right now?

Light went off, piano on…Guy sang ‘How’, ‘Beautiful Friend’, “Wait”. The place went so quietly, you can hear the pin drop…everyone is in awe, I get all teary.  Just so beautiful!!!

I'm dying just hearing about him sing Beautiful Friend live! crying.gif

thanks for the review Ashura, im over the moon he's already talking about a third album, and by that time, I won't have any more pesky exams getting in the way! Guy Sebastian in concert here I come!!

--------------------
Download AUSTRALIAN IDOL 5 Media here
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sweetest berry
post Dec 6th 2004, 7:39 AM
Post #72

QUOTE(~ashura*~ @ Dec 5 2004, 10:12 AM)
After all this WOW factor songs, he sang another two WOW WOW songs ‘ Sweetest Berry’ and ‘Kryptonite’ (I saw some of the fans got kryptonite balls and waved it in the dark, Guy love it!).  Another brilliant idea from legitimate Guy Sebastian fans. flowers.gif

Ashura! That was us (from Guy's yahoo group)!!!! We had 150 of these balls that sparkle in the dark if you squeeze it. We gave them out with instructions to light them up for 'Kryptonite'. Earlier we managed to get a message to Guy "to look for the lights" and that the light represented all the people that he has brought together through his music. I must say I looked around during the song and the effect was amazing. We managed to give one to his girlfriend and she did wave it around for a bit. It was so cute. smile.gif

The concert was unbelievable. He is such a showman, with or without the 'moon boots'. Every single song was amazing. Fro-zone was so entertaining and he was refreshingly candid. He is also quite a comedian, isn't he? I love his impersonations. Can't wait for the regional tours next year. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Here's a pic of the 'moon boot'

user posted image

p.s. Where were you sitting Ashura?

p.p.s. Was that Ian Thorpe in the audience?

--------------------
IPB Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5KU5RyX9_E Guy Sebastian's TALLER STRONGER BETTER
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Dec 7th 2004, 5:10 AM
Post #73

We saw David Campbell, and Jackie O and Kyle were there. Also some bigwigs behind us on Saturday, but as they were right behind, couldn't actually turn around and look.

Thank you so much for that review. I can take all of those I can get LOL.

Isn't he just an incredible performer.

For me (I saw Gold Coast, Adelaide and Sydney - yep, flew almost around the continent) and the highlight might well be - of all things - Beautiful Friend on Saturday night at Sydney.

I am not a fan of that song which is off his Just As I Am album, and I am aware that so many people are absolute fans of it. However, it just doesn't grab me personally.

But on that Saturday, he called the writer / composer Adam Reilly, who was in the audience, up to the stage. Adam was wired up and took to the piano (instead of Guy) and apparently, to get back at him a little - he took it up for a key change so Guy had to do this major falsetto version - and it was the most incredible piece of singing I've heard. The whole was absolutely beautiful. I noticed he dropped to harmonise as it were into his lower register about 2/3 of the way through but took it back to the incredible falsetto again. Truly - it was spine chilling.

This man is a genius at what he does - and his charisma is so powerful and yet, at the same time, he comes across as the best friend we'd all like to have - who loves to talk!!! He sure is funny.

(wish he would be in some sort of tv series, so we could see him on a weekly basis - but his byword is - It's all about the music)

btw I'm glad his leg appeared a little better. While he sort of carried it off while on stage some ppl who were over on stage left saw him limping badly on Saturday night, once he was off stage.

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 8th 2004, 8:21 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(Jatz @ Dec 5 2004, 12:44 PM)
im so happy for you!

I'm dying just hearing about him sing Beautiful Friend live!  crying.gif

thanks for the review Ashura, im over the moon he's already talking about a third album, and by that time, I won't have any more pesky exams getting in the way! Guy Sebastian in concert here I come!!

bye1.gif Jatz,

I read it somewhere, Guy already wrote a few tracks for his 3rd album...so YAY thumbsup.gif

His live version of "Beautiful Friend" was simply divine! (I hope I'm not making you all envy here again happy.gif )

Can't wait for more concerts next year yes.gif Sweetest berry mentioned about regional tours next year, that's cool! Hopefully around Hunter Valley....had a few weekend off there. Great wine and great music = Heaven flowers.gif

huggy.gif
~ashura*~

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 8th 2004, 8:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 8th 2004, 8:42 AM
Post #75

QUOTE(sweetest berry @ Dec 6 2004, 7:39 AM)
Ashura!  That was us (from Guy's yahoo group)!!!!  We had 150 of these balls that sparkle in the dark if you squeeze it.  We gave them out with instructions to light them up for 'Kryptonite'.  Earlier we managed to get a message to Guy "to look for the lights" and that the light represented all the people that he has brought together through his music.  I must say I looked around during the song and the effect was amazing.  We managed to give one to his girlfriend and she did wave it around for a bit.  It was so cute.  smile.gif

The concert was unbelievable.  He is such a showman, with or without the 'moon boots'.  Every single song was amazing.  Fro-zone was so entertaining and he was refreshingly candid.  He is also quite a comedian, isn't he?  I love his impersonations.  Can't wait for the regional tours next year.  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Here's a pic of the 'moon boot'

bye1.gif sweetest berry
Thanks for the "moot boot" pic, I'm only concentrated on his upper-body (esp. shoulder movement) and his singing tongue.gif He moved quite comfortable on Sunday night, brave Guy flowers.gif

We went for dinner, came back around 9:00 p.m....so I guess i missed kryptonite ball no.gif

p.s.  Where were you sitting Ashura?

Row J and Row K

p.p.s. Was that Ian Thorpe in the audience?
huh.gif No clue...
I'm only there for Guy grin.gif

huggy.gif
~ashura*~

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 8th 2004, 9:05 AM
Post #76

bye1.gif  Prina,

You should post your Saturday Sydney concert review in here, your report is one of the best I had read so far! thumbsup.gif

Thank you so much for that review.  I can take all of those I can get LOL.

huh.gif The review??? you sure can. original.gif

Isn't he just an incredible performer.

No objection!

For me (I saw Gold Coast, Adelaide and Sydney - yep, flew almost around the continent) and the highlight might well be - of all things - Beautiful Friend on Saturday night at Sydney.

I only went to Sydney concerts (4th, 5th Dec), missed Wollogong & Canberra.

I am not a fan of that song which is off his Just As I Am album, and I am aware that so many people are absolute fans of it.  However, it just doesn't grab me personally.

But on that Saturday, he called the writer / composer Adam Reilly, who was in the audience, up to the stage.  Adam was wired up and took to the piano (instead of Guy) and apparently, to get back at him a little - he took it up for a key change so Guy had to do this major falsetto version - and it was the most incredible piece of singing I've heard.   The whole was absolutely beautiful.  I noticed he dropped to harmonise as it were into his lower register about 2/3 of the way through but took it back to the incredible falsetto again.  Truly - it was spine chilling.

I know yes.gif shocked.gif Guy surprised me and my friends with that falsetto (E key i think..) thumbsup.gif

This man is a genius at what he does - and his charisma is so powerful and yet, at the same time, he comes across as the best friend we'd all like to have - who loves to talk!!!  He sure is funny.

He loves to talk, love him to bits!

(wish he would be in some sort of tv series, so we could see him on a weekly basis - but his byword is - It's all about the music)

I wish!

btw I'm glad his leg appeared a little better.  While he sort of carried it off while on stage some ppl who were over on stage left saw him limping badly on Saturday night, once he was off stage.

He was better on Sunday night, he gave it all.

I prefer his Sunday concert because he can played 3 songs without any interruptions (e.g. talking)

huggy.gif
~ashura*~

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 8th 2004, 9:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Dec 11th 2004, 7:51 PM
Post #77

guy's official tour guide

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

aww man, all the concert reviews are great! guy's doing well with his "moon boot" LMAO! that's funny.

HI FLIPSIDE!!! welcome! nice sig!

man, i hope that guy comes back to north america. i hear diana karazon the arab idol went down to the states for a few concerts. i would have love to have seen that. she's got a breautiful voice. can you imagine her and guy doing an english song? that would be nice. i hope guy comes over here again. and bring his CDs over here too, lol! i know a few people that would pick it up in a cancun minute!

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 13th 2004, 6:57 AM
Post #78

QUOTE(sprout @ Dec 11 2004, 7:51 PM)
aww man, all the concert reviews are great! guy's doing well with his "moon boot" LMAO! that's funny.

man, i hope that guy comes back to north america. i hear diana karazon the arab idol went down to the states for a few concerts. i would have love to have seen that. she's got a breautiful voice. can you imagine her and guy doing an english song? that would be nice. i hope guy comes over here again. and bring his CDs over here too, lol! i know a few people that would pick it up in a cancun minute!

Yeahh, FANTASTIC concert with or without "Moon Boot" haha.gif thumbsup.gif

I don't think he'll travel to overseas anytime soon, just got this info from his fan site:
Guy's Charity concerts for March 2005:

MELBOURNE (CROWN CITY SHOWROOM)

GUY SEBASTIAN LIVE IN CONCERT with Special
guest Paulini - 4, 5 & 6 March 2005

SYDNEY (STAR CITY SHOWROOM)
Dates 11, 12 & 13 March 2005
Starcity website being up-graded today)

TICKETS ON SALE TODAY 13th December from
ticketek

For more info go to - : http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GUYSEBAS05

--------------------------
I won't be able to go to his concerts this time due to the business trips sad.gif
But really glad his's doing this tour for charity, had bought a few tickets for clients. (That's is what they get for Xmas tongue.gif )

Sprout, I hope Guy will go to North America soon. If it's is not for a tour, writing trip will be great too. At least you can stalk him for me grin.gif
Diana had a tour in the states, that is wonderful flowers.gif The duet will be great, we can only hope original.gif

...tired sleep_1.gif

ttyl

~ashura*~

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Dec 13th 2004, 2:38 PM
Post #79

guy's official tour guide

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

SIGH. one can only hope. if he never comes, i think i'll live, lol. tee hee. but hey, as long as he keeps cranking out those tunes, and i can live vicariously through others, it's all good. thumbsup.gif

moon boot, lmao! haha.gif i love that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
~ashura*~
post Dec 17th 2004, 9:42 AM
Post #80

Bubbly Zaidee's love will survive
Jen Kelly
medical reporter
11dec04

user posted imageuser posted image
Still in shock: Jaz Turner, 9, with mum Kim and dad Allan. Picture: Ian Currie

A LIVELY seven-year-old's tragic death last week has given a second chance at life to up to 10 other children.

Zaidee Turner, of Shepparton, is the only child aged under 16 to donate organs in Victoria this year.
The Grade 1 student died after a blood vessel unexpectedly ruptured in her brain and caused a large bleed -- a tragedy similar to a stroke.

Zaidee's parents, Kim and Allan Turner, did not hesitate to donate all her organs -- including her heart, kidneys and liver -- to help save the lives of other children.

Since the age of five, Zaidee made it clear she wanted to donate her organs if she died.

"She was really such a giving child that it was something she was happy to do," Mrs Turner told the Herald Sun.

"Even though our hearts were breaking, we knew there were other parents sitting in another hospital, or even the same hospital, hearing the news their child was going to get a second chance."

Zaidee, whose name means laughing princess, went to bed after a day of school like any other.

Yet only 24 hours later the popular and athletic schoolgirl was dead in a tragedy no doctor can explain.

About 500 people including scores of Zaidee's young school friends farewelled her at a thanksgiving service this week.

She was remembered as a fearless and vivacious girl who adored her ballet, little athletics, swimming, and riding her scooter with all the boys on their BMXs at the skate park.

"She never walked anywhere. She either ran or danced," Mrs Turner said. "She embraced everything life had to offer.

"People were saying she must have known, because she packed a lot into her short life."

The day of the tragedy, Zaidee spent the day in class at Orrvale Primary School.

Afterwards she came home, had dinner, worked on some Christmas cards and went to bed.

But about 9pm she emerged from her bedroom to tell her mum she had a pain over her eye.

"The onset was just as sudden as that, severe pain, and she pretty much semi-collapsed after that," Mrs Turner said.

The couple took her to Goulburn Valley Base Hospital's emergency department in Shepparton.

An emergency team from the Royal Children's Hospital was taken by plane from Melbourne and she was rushed to the city hospital.

Royal Children's surgeons tried to release the pressure on her brain, but Zaidee lost her battle.

She had no symptoms before her collapse and there is no medical explanation why she was struck suddenly by the extremely rare condition.

Called arterio-venous malformation, it means a blood vessel in Zaidee's brain ruptured, putting too much pressure on her brain and depriving her of oxygen.

A post-mortem examination is being done on her brain in the hope of explaining her death.

The Turners had discussed organ donation with both children over the past two years and knew exactly what Zaidee wanted.

The family signed up on the national organ donor register, never believing for a moment their youngest member would be the first to donate organs.

"We never thought it would be them donating. We thought it would be us," Mrs Turner said.

Zaidee was a huge Guy Sebastian fan and was given his CD for her birthday on November 8.

Sebastian's song Make Heaven Wait was the first song played at her funeral. "The whole song was like it was written by me for her," Mrs Turner said. Sebastian sings:

"Why am I here without you when there was so much left for us to do.

"How could the angels come so soon. If I could make heaven wait I'd find a way to ask God if he had made some mistake." crying.gif

Zaidee's classmates released hundreds of coloured balloons with goodbye messages into the sky at the funeral.

Her friends remembered with joy her cheeky smile, her devotion to her family and her love of kiss chasey.

Mr Turner said the sudden loss was yet to fully sink in, but the family wanted to share their story to urge other families to discuss organ donation as they did.

"It's all surreal. We still think this little seven-year-old is going to pop up and run down the corridor," Mr Turner said.

"But we are not going to let this little girl's life go to waste."

TO become an organ donor call the Australian Organ Donor Register on 1800 777 203!!!

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...7%5e661,00.html

Please register and become an organ donor!
*minute prayer for Zaidee family*

This post has been edited by ~ashura*~: Dec 17th 2004, 9:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

136 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 5:49 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol