Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

136 Pages V « < 125 126 127 128 129 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Groovalicious Guy Sebastian Fan Thread, Fro Club
Prinia
post Aug 30th 2011, 2:46 PM
Post #2521

Group: Members

QUOTE(Nessa_sary1 @ Aug 29th 2011, 12:03 AM) *

Well, it's X-Factor 2011 start day.

Although, from the Australian end, it seems like Guy has been very quiet, he's been in the US recording a new originals album and quietly beavering away at getting better known there.

This tweet from earlier today indicates that he just might be getting somewhere.....

Keep hearing @GuySebastian everywhere in NY! Good to see him doing well internationally. original.gif

that interview - do we have a link? Sounds like the new album is close to wrapping. And what about the ARIA mob? Last year for the first time for years, probably inception, removed the Award for the biggest sale - Guy would have won it for "Who's That Girl" - and now, this year, bringing it back. Really - does suck and sounds so biased!!

Loving this photo from Xfactor

IPB Image

There've been some fabuloius (and not so much) talents so far. Can't wait to see Beyonce in her appearance

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 30th 2011, 2:46 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Nessa_sary1
post Sep 17th 2011, 1:18 AM
Post #2522

That little indie track in the US, Who's That Girl, entered one of the Billboard charts today, namely the 'Next Big Sound' chart at #8.

Billboard states that the Next Big Sound is the:

"fastest accelerating artists across all major social music sites, statistically predicted to achieve future success as measured by Next Big Sound."

That's my Guy. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Sep 22nd 2011, 9:27 PM
Post #2523

notice he's way too busy, as usual. Always started around September each year accelerating towards the holiday season and of course now XFactor is thrown in, these days. From the tweets it almost appears Guy is gigging 2 or 3 times a week, we keep picking up tweets of people meeting him at the airport haha.gif before getting functions tweets.

Loving Guy's group on Xfactor and the group performance by the judges, to open the live show. Good one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 2nd 2011, 3:30 AM
Post #2524

Deni Ute Muster, the massive country rock (mostly) show last weekend, was a great hit. Loved some twitters where people weren't all that impressed that an Idol was turning up at a top spot - and then the same tweeters were absolutely SOLD on Guy. Didnt take him long, either. tongue.gif wub.gif One couldn't get over the fact he sounded just like the CDs, only more so.

(this is the concert where Kasey Chambers, a celebrated country singer, was booed mightily a year or so ago and she really doesn't deserve that, I've been to her shows and she IS very very good. Just not what the crowd obviously thought they deserved. Perhaps that year they could have had Meatloaf ?? whistling.gif )

Anyhow "Who's That Girl" still charting in the Australian Chart, which is great to see. Probably delaying any new music for a while. Oh, and Guy was in Singapore for a few days, big gigs, so in between XFactor mentoring, he's doing his usual big gigs (Singapore, arrived back Thursday I think, Project Futures Friday night, Deni Ute Muster Saturday, back for Xfactor rehearsals Sunday (today). Life, as usual, is hectic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Merrill
post Oct 7th 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #2525

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. Artist: Guy Sebastian

I want him to have new music...or at least a recent youtube vid in semi-good quality I can watch.

I miss him.

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 9th 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #2526

QUOTE(Merrill @ Oct 7th 2011, 12:25 AM) *

I want him to have new music...or at least a recent youtube vid in semi-good quality I can watch.

I miss him.

I miss him singing, too. He's so busy, still. It seems to just go on and on and on. original.gif

He was tweeting extraearly Friday morning and I asked him what he was doing up that early, after a massive night before (performing AND also attending Eric Benet's concert) and he said that he'd gotten up to get Jules breakfast, as it was her birthday and that she was 'still out cold' - it WAS really early. And it was also Nickelodeon's Award Day too.

So everyone went along and Guy got truly slimed haha.gif wub.gif

IPB Image

there is THIS one, from the Deni Ute muster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cza6QbVS5pM...player_embedded

and a rather gorgeous writeup afterwards.
IPB Image

There were some great writeups in FBs and twitter too.

we know there's some more music, but incredibly "Who's That Girl" is still gooing so strong on iTunes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 11th 2011, 4:06 AM
Post #2527

another nice writeup from the Deni Ute Muster, from people who were actually there too.

http://www.countrynews.com.au/story.asp?Ta...201110104526990

It was such a muddy, wet show but this part

"Australian Idol star and X-Factor judge Guy Sebastian was the surprise crowd favourite at Saturday night's concert, with Icehouse and Eskimo Joe also performing great sets."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Oct 21st 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #2528

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

3:35 - 3:50

4:20 - End

--------------------
+Quote Post
Merrill
post Oct 22nd 2011, 3:28 AM
Post #2529

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. Artist: Guy Sebastian

That's sick!

Also<3 your sig.

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 23rd 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #2530

QUOTE(Liat275 @ Oct 21st 2011, 12:26 PM) *

3:35 - 3:50

4:20 - End

QUOTE(Merrill @ Oct 22nd 2011, 3:28 AM) *

That's sick!

Also<3 your sig.

very true! Kelly appeared on XFactor a couple of weeks back and was fabulous. The song is going so well here in Australia!

With regard to new music, Guy has tweeted

GuySebastian Guy Sebastian

Think I just penned the last lyric to my new single. Been writing so much but want to go out with the most fun tune. I mean its summer!!

It's called "Don't Worry Be Happy" Yeah I know. Not the most original title but hopefully you'll get it when you hear it. Can't wait!!

Now to record the vocal. Well not now. NOW I am having a glass of Red and going to bed. Zzzzzzz

So we're crossing fingers this is very close
and also from the UK
by 7thHeavenRmx

@GuySebastian i have the @7thHeavenRmx of who's that girl on repeat, repeat, repeat... Retweet!

So THIs is what all the fuss is about with the song...

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/0PQUypRB660

PLUS - another from the Deni Ute Muster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE3reKWXvZE

--------------------
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Oct 25th 2011, 2:21 PM
Post #2531

can't wait for new music from guy icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 27th 2011, 7:58 AM
Post #2532

QUOTE(Liat275 @ Oct 25th 2011, 2:21 PM) *

can't wait for new music from guy icecream.gif

certainly getting excited for it Liat, he said in a tweet that he was 'comping his vocals' so we know things are progressing.

And NOW

Guy has just tweeted

I have the honour of singing a song I wrote for an event that the Queen is attending tomorrow.Within a year- Oprah, Beyonce, Queen... Crazy!

When I think of stuff like that I cant help but say thanks for all the support i have had wouldn't happen without you. Much LOVE
42 minutes ago

(Just think, he's written a song and sung it for The Pope too... such an awesome career so far)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 28th 2011, 1:13 AM
Post #2533

the performance today at opening of CHOGM, before the Queen and heads of government/state

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZNGhX_0plw...nel_video_title

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Oct 29th 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #2534

QUOTE(Prinia @ Oct 28th 2011, 1:13 AM) *

the performance today at opening of CHOGM, before the Queen and heads of government/state

and today

IPB Image

original.gif

I remember the Pope mouthing the words of "Receive The Power" at one performance tongue.gif and Oprah's face said it all, at his first performance for her. (Wish he couid have appeared on her show as she wished, but impossible to fit into both their schedules) Guy sure has his fans spread around

--------------------
+Quote Post
robygirl
post Oct 31st 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #2535

QUOTE(Prinia @ Oct 28th 2011, 1:13 AM) *

Thanks for the link Lyn love it. Gosh I just realised I haven't been here forever so waves a big hi to everyone. original.gif

This post has been edited by robygirl: Oct 31st 2011, 10:29 PM

--------------------
Smile Guy, for you are amazing...
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 2nd 2011, 5:11 PM
Post #2536

QUOTE(robygirl @ Oct 31st 2011, 10:28 PM) *

Thanks for the link Lyn love it. Gosh I just realised I haven't been here forever so waves a big hi to everyone. original.gif

No you haven't been here before, that I remember. Hiya honey, so pleased to see you here xx Been missing you on the rounds. wub.gif

Saw a Qantas Club tweet that wanted the CHOGM song released as a track - but I suspect Guy was asked if he could submit one for the occasion, along the lines they requested, hence the strange 'real' name of it which no-one would recognise. Apparently they played the youtube.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 6th 2011, 5:30 PM
Post #2537

apparently announced on TV this morning by Richard Wilkins tongue.gif grin.gif who's been such a long time fan of Guy's

Guy Will be singing at the ARIAS this year.

So pleased for him. His new music must only be days/weeks away.

and can't think whether I put this photo here, after his haha.gif interview with the other judges from Xfactor with Kyle & Jackie O.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 7th 2011, 2:03 AM
Post #2538

well, its interesting re the ARIAS original.gif rolleyes.gif

and also, for Melbourne fans

from our Mod.

Just thought I'd add something to this.. to be honest I'm surprised it hasn't been posted by anyone else as yet as I only found out about this after watching the news on TV in Melbourne yesterday!

Anyway on top of all the celebrations Guy is partaking in for Myer Melbourne this Christmas, he also seems to be providing the accompanying music as you view the Myer Melbourne Christmas windows! Now for those unaware these aren't any simple run of the mill windows.. a lot of thought, planning go into them each year ever since they first started in 1956 (according to the Myer website here http://www.myer.com....as-windows.aspx ).

I'm not entirely sure of what this years theme and story is 100% but from what I heard on the news it has something to do with Santa Claus and the music Guy is providing is 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. These were unveiled to the public just yesterday, and for those who wont be able to make it or just want to catch a preview someone has thankfully already placed up a small video of them on YouTube already which you can see below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55l2auyjjqk...player_embedded

just as a reminder

Melbourne
MYER TO HOST A SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION!

Myer will bring the Bourke Street Mall to life in a huge Christmas Spectacular in front of the Myer Melbourne store on Saturday 19th November. The Myer Christmas Spectacular, presented by the City of Melbourne, will be an exciting day of free family entertainment headlined by a performance from Guy Sebastian and other leading Australian artists and popular children's characters

and

Monday 5 December 2011.

This year the Newcombe Medal – Australian Tennis Awards will once again offer the chance to rub shoulders with tennis legends and some of Australia’s most admired past and current players, in the surroundings of a prestigious black tie event in the Palladium Ballroom at the Crown Entertainment Complex in Melbourne.

Blue carpet arrivals commence from 6:30pm, with guests enjoying a three-course designed menu (including pre-dinner drinks and full beverage package) while celebrating the award winners and recipient of the Newcombe Medal in 2011. The night will also feature a showcase of Australian entertainment including a headline performance from popular singer Guy Sebastian.

http://newcombemedal.com.au/the-event/

Not sure if tickets are avaliable to the public, as the site isn't all that clear about it, but if they are it is $250 a ticket if you want to go

AND

Sydney

Thursday, 24 November 2011
6pm – 8.30pm

City of Sydney’s Martin Place Christmas celebration gets brighter and better each year, with more entertainment than ever before. Hosted by Rhys Muldoon with performances by special celebrity guest Guy Sebastian, The Smurf Christmas Show, Playschool’s Jay Laga’aia, Lah Lah’s Big Live Band, carols from the Australian Girls Choir and much, much more!

This post has been edited by Prinia: Nov 7th 2011, 2:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Nov 8th 2011, 2:39 PM
Post #2539

New single 'Don't Worry Be Happy' out November 18!

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Nov 10th 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #2540

Preview
http://soundcloud.com/sony-music-australia...be-happy-teaser
November 18 Hurry up!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

136 Pages V « < 125 126 127 128 129 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 23rd 2014, 3:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol