Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10506 Pages V « < 10322 10323 10324 10325 10326 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Baseball Thread, Dude, we went FISHING. In CABO.
ShortstopVM
post Mar 7th 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #206461

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

QUOTE(KrAzY4kAt @ Mar 6th 2012, 10:04 AM) *
Going on a tour of Yankee Stadium today grin.gif I was outside the old one for their last series a few years ago, and saw the new one from afar, but I'm so excited! We're also going to a pub to watch soccer (Arsenal) after that, so we shall see how that goes laughing.gif

I didn't know you were in NYC! w00t.gif

Then again, I assume you're there to cover the Big East Tourney, right? yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
NYG|NYK|NYR|UMD | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 7th 2012, 11:51 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

druth8x
post Mar 7th 2012, 2:32 PM
Post #206462

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 7th 2012, 9:19 AM) *

There's usually a few teams in the wild card race, but because there's only one wild card, the team that has the best record at the end of the season gets into the playoffs. Now, the top 2 teams will get a chance to go to the LDS. Say the top two teams in the wild card race are 90-72 and 83-79. That 83-79 team could go to the playoffs whereas the 90-72 team could be sitting at home because they lost ONE game. That's really not fair at all.

I can't wait to see that happen to the Red Sox or Yankees. Then maybe they'll realize it's a dumb idea.

Yeah, 1 game playoff system does stink.

However, if you are 7 games ahead, which where has that happened? You will have time to rest your team and get your #1 pitcher on the mound whereas the other teams probably just played their #1 and #2 b/c that low there is a bunch of teams fighting for that second WC slot. Remember law of averages means 7 or 8 will be @ 500 or above and the 2nd WC makes it only 5. so 2 or 3 will be fighting alongside that 83-79 for that 2nd WC slot.

I think it most seasons will be 90-72 vs 88-74 or something similar. Prove me wrong with recent stats.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 7th 2012, 5:31 PM
Post #206463

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

QUOTE(druth8x @ Mar 7th 2012, 1:32 PM) *

Yeah, 1 game playoff system does stink.

However, if you are 7 games ahead, which where has that happened? You will have time to rest your team and get your #1 pitcher on the mound whereas the other teams probably just played their #1 and #2 b/c that low there is a bunch of teams fighting for that second WC slot. Remember law of averages means 7 or 8 will be @ 500 or above and the 2nd WC makes it only 5. so 2 or 3 will be fighting alongside that 83-79 for that 2nd WC slot.

I think it most seasons will be 90-72 vs 88-74 or something similar. Prove me wrong with recent stats.

Sure, the wild card race is typically close but that doesn't mean it can't happen where a team is 5 or so games better than the second place team. I'm too lazy to look up wild card standings for every year, but I just did a search for the 2009 season and in the American League, the Red Sox won the wild card with a 95-67 record. The second team in the wild card race? The Texas Rangers who were 87-75. If those were the standings this season, the Rangers, who were 8 games behind the Red Sox could make the playoffs while the Red Sox would miss out.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Mar 7th 2012, 5:52 PM
Post #206464

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 7th 2012, 4:31 PM) *

Sure, the wild card race is typically close but that doesn't mean it can't happen where a team is 5 or so games better than the second place team. I'm too lazy to look up wild card standings for every year, but I just did a search for the 2009 season and in the American League, the Red Sox won the wild card with a 95-67 record. The second team in the wild card race? The Texas Rangers who were 87-75. If those were the standings this season, the Rangers, who were 8 games behind the Red Sox could make the playoffs while the Red Sox would miss out.

oh WOW it does happen then. Weird.

--------------------
+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Mar 7th 2012, 6:00 PM
Post #206465

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

OKAY I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE WHAT TODAY HAS BEEN LIKE. I WILL GO INTO GREATER DETAIL LATER WHEN I CAN BREATHE.

ALSO, the Tigers official Twitter page started following me and DMed me asking me I wanted advice. The guy who runs it is the marketing director for the Tigers and he told me to email him!!! Is this what it feels like to make connections and network yourself?! AHHHH!!!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 8th 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #206466

I saw your pictures and I'm so jealous! I can't wait to hear about it!

Ahh that's awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LuvGrowsWhereMorganGoes
post Mar 8th 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #206467

That's Tawny Burke to you!

Fav. AI1: R.J. Helton
Fav. AI6: Chris Sligh
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(ShortstopVM @ Mar 6th 2012, 12:44 AM) *

Nice pics, Tawny! yes.gif I have to give the new Marlins Stadium credit for not looking like a cookie-cutter neo-classic ballpark... yes.gif laughing.gif

Have you met Jose Reyes yet? shifty.gif

Thanks! I like most of it other than the outfield area, the HR thing is weird and I don't like that the wall is green but oh well.

Not yet tongue.gif he was only signing and I didn't bother with the signing lines, too long.

QUOTE(KrAzY4kAt @ Mar 6th 2012, 10:04 AM) *

Going on a tour of Yankee Stadium today grin.gif I was outside the old one for their last series a few years ago, and saw the new one from afar, but I'm so excited! We're also going to a pub to watch soccer (Arsenal) after that, so we shall see how that goes laughing.gif

That's awesome!

QUOTE(Steven @ Mar 6th 2012, 1:53 PM) *

Awesome pictures! spaz.gif

Thanks! w00t.gif

QUOTE(druth8x @ Mar 7th 2012, 8:52 AM) *

Nice pictures, Tawny. Who's you friend? And Wholly molly not many left or center HR seats. Is there even some left field pole HR upper decker seats? I guess they know they don't get fans, so I guess they are congregating their cheapest fans in right field so it looks better on tv and riht over the wall in right ield where all the HR's are hit, also for TV. From TV we probably won't see how empty it is as much. How are the general idea of ticket prices per section...either picture or use words like (left&right) HR/foul ball upper deck/foul ball lower deck/foul ball behind the plate upper deck/foul ball behind the the plate lower deck.

Thanks! That is my best friend, her name is Tiffany. I don't know what their thinking was tongue.gif

--------------------
Braves-Marlins-Rays- Heat- Dolphins
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 9th 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #206468

Well then.
Phoenix - After socking his first spring homer Thursday against Cincinnati -- which also was his first hit -- Ryan Braun was asked by visiting reporters what he hears from other players about his drug-test saga over the winter.

Braun says he gets support from players who he has told "the real story."

Braun was asked if the real story ever would be told -- giving him another chance to do so -- but all he said is "I highly doubt it. They're probably not going to know too much more than they know now."

"People are going to have different opinions," added Braun. "Most of them don't know the real story. It's tough sometime to base your opinion or fomulate a decision when you don't know what happened. Overall, everybody has been real supportive."

So, no new information on that front. As for the "real story," I guess we'll all have to wait to see if it ever comes out, from Braun or anyone else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Mar 9th 2012, 1:06 AM
Post #206469

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

So it's totally the herpes thing, right?

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Mar 9th 2012, 5:43 AM
Post #206470

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Mar 7th 2012, 5:00 PM) *

OKAY I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE WHAT TODAY HAS BEEN LIKE. I WILL GO INTO GREATER DETAIL LATER WHEN I CAN BREATHE.

ALSO, the Tigers official Twitter page started following me and DMed me asking me I wanted advice. The guy who runs it is the marketing director for the Tigers and he told me to email him!!! Is this what it feels like to make connections and network yourself?! AHHHH!!!

Congratulations! thumbup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
KrAzY4kAt
post Mar 9th 2012, 8:24 AM
Post #206471

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. Teams: Cubs Bears Bulls Bhawks

Ahhh we were all over the Today Show this morning!

--------------------

You can't replace Santo, you copy his spirit. You find a way to find the good in everything, every day. You laugh at yourself as heartily as you laugh with others. You suffer without complaint and stand tall in the face of disappointment. You battle.

RIP Ronnie, you will be missed
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 9th 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #206472

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Mar 9th 2012, 12:06 AM) *

That's what I'm thinking. Which he totally contradicted in his press conference.

QUOTE(KrAzY4kAt @ Mar 9th 2012, 7:24 AM) *

Ahhh we were all over the Today Show this morning!

Blahh I want to go to New York!

This post has been edited by Jordan-N-Torifan: Mar 9th 2012, 10:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Mar 10th 2012, 1:59 AM
Post #206473

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

Tawny, I love your pictures!

OMG BTW I STILL NEED TO UPLOAD MY SPRING TRAINING PICTURES. It wasn't my favorite trip ever. sad.gif Unfortunately it was almost that time of the month for me, and lately I haven't had PMS... I've had whatever's worse than that. Like, it's the most awful thing ever. And I tried not to let it ruin everything, but it kinda did. BUT I got to see Lindsay! grin.gif We took a few pictures, but I'm not sure how great mine is because of the wind, and I didn't have my hair put up at the time. haha.gif

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Mar 9th 2012, 1:06 AM) *

Oh mannnn, I remember seeing that so long ago and thinking... it makes sense, I guess.

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 10th 2012, 1:25 PM
Post #206474

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Mar 10th 2012, 12:59 AM) *

Tawny, I love your pictures!

OMG BTW I STILL NEED TO UPLOAD MY SPRING TRAINING PICTURES. It wasn't my favorite trip ever. sad.gif Unfortunately it was almost that time of the month for me, and lately I haven't had PMS... I've had whatever's worse than that. Like, it's the most awful thing ever. And I tried not to let it ruin everything, but it kinda did. BUT I got to see Lindsay! grin.gif We took a few pictures, but I'm not sure how great mine is because of the wind, and I didn't have my hair put up at the time. haha.gif
Oh mannnn, I remember seeing that so long ago and thinking... it makes sense, I guess.

Aww. sad.gif At least you got to see Lindsay! I can't wait to see your pictures. grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Mar 10th 2012, 5:55 PM
Post #206475

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

QUOTE(Jordan-N-Torifan @ Mar 10th 2012, 1:25 PM) *

Aww. sad.gif At least you got to see Lindsay! I can't wait to see your pictures. grin.gif

I was gonna upload them to FB but I deactivated mine (temporarily), so I'll probably just post them in here. haha.gif

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Mar 10th 2012, 7:12 PM
Post #206476

Yes do post them here. kiss.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 10th 2012, 8:49 PM
Post #206477

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Mar 10th 2012, 4:55 PM) *

I was gonna upload them to FB but I deactivated mine (temporarily), so I'll probably just post them in here. haha.gif

Yesss post them here. stud.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Mar 10th 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #206478

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

I'm going to talk about everything that happened when I get home tomorrow! The wifi is spotty and I want to make sure it alllll gets posted. laughing.gif You guys pretty much know all of it, but there's other random stories that I want to share! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
ShortstopVM
post Mar 10th 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #206479

Fav. SYTYCD5: Karla Garcia
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. MLB: New York Mets

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Mar 10th 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I'm going to talk about everything that happened when I get home tomorrow! The wifi is spotty and I want to make sure it alllll gets posted. laughing.gif You guys pretty much know all of it, but there's other random stories that I want to share! grin.gif

I saw one of the pictures of you interviewing Prince. His arms are huge! omg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(Thank you to o0itzAnGiE and to Stacey for the blinkies!)
NYG|NYK|NYR|UMD | IPB Image I support KARLA always! | IPB Image | LET'S GO METS
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Mar 10th 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #206480

QUOTE(carriefanforever @ Mar 10th 2012, 9:22 PM) *

I can't wait to hear all about it!! It looks like you had an amazing time! grin.gif

My dad made this DVD of highlights from the playoffs and we were watching it tonight. One of the first things he said to me when Ryan came up to bat was, "So this would have been his first game after the positive test." closedeyes.gif The more I think about it, the more sad I get about this. Obviously I'm glad he's not missing 50 games but I just want to go back to last season; before this leaked out. Unless we get the "real story", I just can't look at Ryan the same way and that's so depressing. I want to believe he's telling the truth but now there's just always going to be that question about whether he did take something or not. And I hate that. closedeyes.gif sad.gif

And seeing Prince nearly made me cry.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10506 Pages V « < 10322 10323 10324 10325 10326 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 20th 2014, 11:44 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol