Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> This forum lists frequently asked questions. Please check here before posting a new topic in the Questions forum.

Note: This is a read-only forum. You will not be able to post or reply in this forum.

> A guide to tags, What's [img]?
post Jun 18th 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

I noticed a few questions about the tags used by Invision boards, so I figured I'd create a little guide to them, in case anybody cares tongue.gif

The Basics

Bolding - You can make individual words, phrases or sentences bold on these forums by using these tags:

CODE
These words are normal. [b]These words are bold[/b].

Just use those tags and you'll make words bold.

Italizicing - You can make invididual words, phrases, or sentences italicized on these forums by using these tags:

CODE
These words are normal. [i]These words are italicized[/i].

Just use those tags and you'll make words italicized.

Underlining - You can make individual words, phrases or sentences underlined on these forums by using these tags:

CODE
These words are normal. [u]These words are underlined[/u].

Just use those tags and you'll make words underlined.

Crossing Out - You can make individual words, phrases or sentences crossed out (strikethrough) on these forums by using these tags:

CODE
These words are normal. [s]These words are crossed out[/s].

Just use those tags and you'll make words strikethrough.

Somewhat Advanced

Fonts - You have several choices of font on these forums - arial, times, courier, impact, geneva, and optima. You can change your font by using these tags:

CODE
These words are in normal font.  [font=optima]These words are in optime.[/font]  [font=geneva]These words are in geneva.[/font]

Just type the name of the font you want after the equals sign!

Sizes - Ah the size button! You can make fonts whatever you want, from small to pretty big to miniscule. (that says miniscule tongue.gif) So here's how you do it:

CODE
This is normal-sized text.  [size=1]This is small text[/size].  [size=7]This is large text.[/size]  [size=14]This is the largest text you can get.[/size]  [size=-5]This is text size you can't even read with your naked eye![/size]

So there you have it, from negative numbers all the way up to 14!

Colors - You can make your text 8 different colors on these boards, including the default black! You can go for blue, red, purple, orange, yellow, gray, or green. So how do you do it?

CODE
This is black text.  [color=red]This is red text.[/color]  [color=blue]This is blue text.[/blue]  [color=purple]This is purple text.[/color].

Just insert the name of the color after the equals sign!

Links - You can link a webpage easy as pie on these boards! Here's how:

CODE
[url=http://www.siteyouwannalink.com]The Link Text[/url].

So if you want to link to IdolForums home, and you want it to say ooga booga, do this:

CODE
[url=http://idolforums.com]ooga booga[/url]

And it will look like this: ooga booga

Images - Inserting an image is pretty simple! First you need to know the url of the image - you can find this out by right clicking it and going down to properties and copying its address. Then you just do this:

CODE
[img]http://www.whatever.com/urlofyourimage.jpg[/img]

So if I wanted to link one of my personal pictures that I host on my site, I just go look up its address, and do one of these:

CODE
[img]http://blueivories.com/img/pics/mikecrazy.jpg[/img]

And it comes out like this:
user posted image

Email Addresses - So you wanna insert an email address? No problem! Just get the address, and do this:

CODE
[email][email protected][/email]

By clicking that, it'll make a link that launches that person's default email program, so they can send you email! So if I wanted to post a link to my email address, I would do it like this:

CODE
[email][email protected][/email]

And it would look like this: [email protected]

The harder tags

Quotes - This is a pretty easy tag, but it can get a little bit complicated when they get embedded. Using quotes is usually pretty easy, you just click the quote button, but what if you wanna quote an outside source? Here's what you do:

CODE
[quote=The Title]The Text[/quote]

So if I wanted to quote one of my friends saying something, I would do this:

CODE
[quote=Billy Bob Says...]Dude Angelina is hot...[/quote]

And it would look like this:

QUOTE(Billy Bob Says...)
Dude Angelina is hot...

Code - Say you want to do what I'm doing now, and show people how the code is used without actually using it. Well, I've been using code tags, let's see how:

CODE
If I want to use the bold tags without actually using them, I do this: [code][b]bolded[/b][/ code]

Just don't put the space before that /. You see the tags, and you don't see the result!

Lists - Last but not least, LISTS! What if I want to itemize something!? Well, I can!

CODE
So you want to make a bulleted list.  You start by opening the list tag:
[list]
[*]These are your bullet points
[*]This tag doesn't mean anything unless its inside the [list] tag
[*]And when you're done...
[/list] <-close the list tag!

So if I want to bullet point the wonderful things you can do with forum code, it would look like this:

CODE
[u]The Forum Code[/u]
[list]
[*]With forum code you can...
[*]Bold
[*]Underline
[*]Italicize
[*]Change fonts
[*]Change Sizes
[*]Link things
[*]Quote things
[*]Make Lists
[*]And much more!
[/list]

And it looks like this:

The Forum Code
  • With forum code you can...
  • Bold
  • Underline
  • Italicize
  • Change fonts
  • Change Sizes
  • Link things
  • Quote things
  • Make Lists
  • And much more!
And that's the end of the road folks! Hope ya learned somethin bleh.gif

This post has been edited by KevinL75: Sep 28th 2005, 5:30 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 18th 2004, 11:37 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Gary
post Dec 31st 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason

I already read the "guide to tags" but I'd like to know how to center your posts ... and strikethrough names.

I would like to know of more colors, fonts, and etc.

Can anyone give some advice on more of these options?

Thanks!

~General Tao

--------------------
a b r a c a d a b r a :: i love me some brown eyed girls.
IPB Image
[signature :: lj] [demi lovato was amazing :: 08/04/09] [the music man ♫] IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 7:05 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol