Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leah's answers, LaFAN's Exclusive Interview
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 15th 2004, 8:35 AM
Post #1

The Principal

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI3: Leah LaBelle
Fav. AI4: Rashida Johnson

CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST INTERVIEW!!! (NOVEMBER 2004)

Leah answers interview questions!!! (original post from 6/15/2004)

Now that you are famous, are people crazy when you show up someplace?

I honestly donít consider myself famous. Honestly. I think that being on American Idol is not really real fame. To me itís kind of like a little bit of exposure and publicity. I think fame comes from actually doing something big with your career. Somebody like Beyonce, Alicia Keys, etcÖ Theyíre famous. But I guess people consider me being famous and so when they see me, yes people get very excited, take pictures, autographsÖ the whole 9 yards. Once I was eating pizza and this guy started freaking out and asked me to sit with himÖ I didÖ but it was strange. original.gif

Where do you shop?

Oh, gosh. I love shopping! I shop everywhere. I donít really have a particular place to shop. See, I love clothes and I love style, but I donít like to dress or be like everyone else, so I like to find stores and clothes that are unique and different. If I shop at a store where everyone shops then Iíll have something that somebody else has. So I really donít have a particular place I shop at. I do like Nordstroms for shoes, because believe me I love shoes! I also shop at Finish Line, Foot Locker and other places for shoes, and little boutique shoe stores. Clothes is a whole Ďnother storyÖ

What is your lucky number?

My lucky number I would have to say is 7. I donít actually believe in luck, because I am a Christian, but 7 is the Lordís number and itís in the Bible so itís my number too. Plus, I was number 7 twice on American Idol. In my group when I was still in the top 32 and when I was back for the wild card show!!!! God was looking out for me!

What is your favorite color?

My favorite color is RED!!! I also like this blue colorÖ I donít really know how to describe the exact shade. I guess you could say it was almost the same color blue as the shoes I wore when I sang ďI Have Nothing.Ē

What is JPL really like?

I really prefer not to comment on this question. Sorry guys! Heís a nice guy.

Was Camile really shy when you first met her?

Camile is nobodyís shy!! HAHAHA. She is the loudest most crazy girl ever. I love that girl so much. We became really close because we honestly are so much alike and we feel like weíre soul sisters. That girl is not shy.

Who was your closest friend on AI?

Before I made it to the top 12 my closest friend was Elizabeth LeTendre. We still talk occasionally and thatís still my dogg for life. I am also very close with LaToya since my group and she is probably the one Iím closest with in the top 12. I am also super close with Camile because we are so much alike as far as singing, our styles, and who we admire and how we act. Diana and I have gotten pretty close, in fact Iím going to stay with her at Christmas time. Fantasia and I are close as well. During the Finale I spent a lot of time with Jasmine Ė she is fun and very sweet.

Which AI Performance were you most happy with?

My fav. AI performance was ďI have Nothing.Ē I honestly think I did my best on that one. Well, not my best as to what I can really do, because you guys arenít ready for me yet. LOL. No, but really, I havenít shown you half of what I can do, but out of the performances I did on AI that would have to be my favorite.

Have you been reading the FOX Message boards?

Yes, I do read the message boards. We are told not to, but of course curiosity kills the catÖ we all read them at some point. I actually read them a lot. I would get sad and hurt a lot by the things that some people would say about me. So I thank you for standing up for me and for being my back bone!!! Love you guys.

Which other Fan site message boards do you read?

I am not a message board person. In fact I never read a message board in my life before AI. So the only ones I read were the ones on the main website.

Can you tell us anything about the producers you met with in LA?
I could, but I donít really want to say anything before it actually happens. It isnít final yet, so I donít wanna spill any beans, so to speak. Iíll just say that they are very nice and excited to work with me, and I am with them. I hope everything works out. Keep me in your prayers.

Have you written any songs of your own?

No. I donít really write. I havenít quite worked on that area yet. I really want to learn, and I know I have the ability to and I will one day real soon. I can play the piano, so Iím going to re-visit that and learn how to play by ear and I also want to learn how to play the acoustic guitar so I can use that as well.

Do you have a recording contract?

NoÖ But, I will really soon. I believe the Lord is working in mysterious ways and He has a plan. Believe me. As of right now, I do not have a contract. In reality, it takes time to get there.

When are you going to have a CD?

I will have a CD as soon as I get my contract and make it happen. Iím still in contract with AI so Iím waiting until that goes away for me to work things out. It ends in August.

What was the happiest experience you had on AI?

The happiest experience that I had on AI was being able to get a taste of what itís like to be in the spotlight and do what I love to do. I got a small sample of the fame and the excitement that comes along with being a performer and I am so blessed that I got to see what it was like. I figure this was a test to see how much I really want this and if itís something I really want to do with my life. My answer is YES. It was amazing. I had the best time being on stage, singing, performing, getting all glammed up original.gif haha. No, but really! It was amazing and so much fun. Plus I met some great people in process and these are life long friends that I will have forever!

What is the biggest lesson you learned on AI?

This one is a true lesson that I have no problem answering. The biggest lesson I learned was to always listen to yourself first. Listen to your heart and your soul. Nobody knows you better than yourself and nobody can tell you how to act or what to do or anything but yourself. People may think they know, but they donít. No matter how superior they are or how much older or wiser they may think they are, only I know whatís best for me and they may give their input and try to help, but in the end I have to do whatís in my heart and what I know is right. Always stick to your gut feeling, because in the end thatís what will get you the farthest. Thatís always what ends up being right!

Now that you are home in Seattle, are you singing in the choir again?

No, I have stopped singing in the choir. It was very time consuming and I really didnít have much time for myself or for my career. But donít get me wrong, some of the best times of my life were spent with the choir. And I still keep in touch with the members.

Have you read the story ďLady Leah of Idolnia?Ē

No, I havenít yet, but I should get on that. I really donít spend much time on the Internet. I check my email and thatís about it. I also go there if I have to do homework. But Iíll have to go and check it out the storyÖ

Have you played your web video game?

This would be the same as above. Also, my computer is really slow, so the game might not work so well!!!

Do you think that your Bulgarian background was of advantage or disadvantage to you on AI?

Definitely disadvantage. I really didnít mean for it to get as blown up as it was. I only mentioned it at first because before we auditioned we were asked what was something unique and different about us, so I chose that. Then the producers chose to show it on television over and over after that. They thought that it was interesting. Every interview and question had to be connected to that and everybody started getting some sort of hatred towards me because I wasnít ďAmericanĒ which isnít true. I definitely am, but the way it was portrayed on TV was that I was a foreigner and an immigrant. I honestly think thatís why some people didnít vote for me. Itís kind of sad actually.

What did you guys do and how did you feel on the first reunion rehearsal and how did everyone react to it and each other?

The first reunion rehearsal when we came back for the finale was the best!!!! We acted as though we never even left each other. We are one big happy family. In fact, we were so excited to be back together that we kept getting in trouble and getting yelled at because we were talking all the time, joking around and laughing because we missed each other so much. It was great! I loved it.

You go to a high school with predominantly African-American students. You also sing in a gospel choir. How do you relate to the Black experience in the U.S. and the problem of racism?

Wow, this is a deep question. A good one at that. I actually donít hang out with or have very many close white friends. Most of my friends are African-American and those are the people I feel most accepted and comfortable with. I am a very outgoing person and I know most everybody in my school and I love them all, but I just relate and associate with African-Americans more that with Whites. All of our close family friends are white and so I am very happy to have a side of both worlds rather than just one and be blind to the culture and ways of other races. As far as relating to the black experience in the U.S. and the problem with racism I see a lot of it hands on because of the people Iím with all the time. Whites tend to be blind by the fact that racism still exists in our country. A lot of white people think that everything is fine, when in fact itís not. I have been with my friends out and they will get treated much differently because they are black and thatís not fair. Whether it would be at restaurants, shopping malls, movie theatres or anywhere we might go, somebody will do something that is inappropriate. I myself have been subject to this because I would be with them. Also, with my choir, many times my choir director would tell us about how people wonít want us to sing somewhere or go anywhere because we have too many black people and we need to bring more whites. Many, many other conflicts and occurrences have happened. Itís actually really sad, and I wish it would stop rather than having children grow up in this world and following the example of their parents and it will keep going on forever. I am glad that my eyes are open to it and I can appreciate people from all different backgrounds. I am happy with who I am as a persona and I am very happy with my lifestyle and my friends, as well as the people who we have chose to surround us as family.

Do you have any successful immigrant as a role model?

No. I donít really know any immigrants that are successful. I guess my mother. She would have to be my role model and source of strength and I owe her the world and more.

Can you sing any Bulgarian songs?

No. I canít speak Bulgarian, I can only understand it. Although when I was little my mom and I went back to Bulgaria for her to have a reunion concert with her group and I learned all the songs she sang without having a clue what they meant. original.gif haha. I know a lullaby in Bulgarian actually.

What do you think about the current political, social, and economic situation in Bulgaria?

I know this probably sounds very ignorant, but I donítí really know whatís going on in Bulgaria right now. I know a little bit that itís a economically struggling country. Iím not into politics or economics at all, and I have no clue. I only know what it was like for my parents when they were growing up.

What are your plans for the future? Are you going to pursue music, or are you going to college? And if so, what are you going to study?

As of right now, I donít know what my future holds. I am hoping that my career will jump off really soon. I am so hungry to make a career and sing and perform and make records and entertain. Now that my name is known and people know who I am more or less I would love to move on to the next step. So, with that said, I am hoping to start my career. I will still be applying to colleges though because my senior year is starting soon and I need to be safe. I can always go to school and pursue the career at the same time. If I do get to go I would love to attend a music college somewhere on the East Coast, preferably New York. That is my favorite city and I would love to live and be in that amazing and artistic, enriching, intellectual city. If not New York, then I want to attend Berkelee College of Music in Boston. I will study voice and performance.

How come we don't see or hear about your dad?

Iíd rather not discuss that right now. Maybe someday when I get famous and I have my in depth interview with Barbara Walters, then Iíll talk about it. Right now is not the time.

I heard somewhere that you might be moving to LA... what are you going to pursue?

My mom was thinking about moving there. Honestly, I donít really want to, Iíd much rather move to NYC. If we did move to L.A. it would be to pursue my career, because nothing happens in Seattle.

Can you tell us what you alluded to in your message on the AI/prospero board concerning song choices and not following your heart?

I would love to answer that question but I donít feel itís appropriate right now. Again, that will be for my Barbara Walters interview.

Is ďjasminetay7Ē really a friend of yours that ate Easter dinner with you?

Yes, she is. She is a relative of one of my close friends.

This post has been edited by stuttleKCMO: Nov 21st 2004, 12:24 AM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image | IPB Image | IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 15th 2004, 8:35 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kittybugg
post Jun 15th 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE (stuttleKCMO @ Jun 15 2004, 08:35 AM)
Leah answers interview questions!!!

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

w00twave.gif w00twave.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 15th 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #3

The Principal

So what does everyone think?? Cool, huh?
w00t.gif w00t.gif heart.gif w00t.gif w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kittybugg
post Jun 15th 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (stuttleKCMO @ Jun 15 2004, 11:51 AM)
So what does everyone think?? Cool, huh?
w00t.gif w00t.gif heart.gif w00t.gif w00twave.gif

Hi Stuttle pinch.gif stud.gif .........I think it is awesome.... w00twave.gif w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
angeladeda
post Jun 15th 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD5: Alex Wong

She's awesome!!!! wub.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD5: Jonathan. Brandon. Jason. Phillip. Pono. Jeanine. Evan. Janette. Asuka.
+Quote Post
kissthedawn
post Jun 15th 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #6

This is just the coolest thing EVER!!!! Leah is so humble and funny!! It just makes me like her more!!!!! Leah is the best ever!!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Idol Idolizer
post Jun 15th 2004, 12:06 PM
Post #7

Awwwww shes well nice

--------------------
_______________________Nastia Liukin is Perfection
IPB Image
______________________Thanks Lynn<3
+Quote Post
AI_GUY_2004
post Jun 15th 2004, 12:18 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (stuttleKCMO @ Jun 15 2004, 06:35 AM)
Leah answers interview questions!!!

thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
original.gif original.gif original.gif original.gif original.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image | user posted image
+Quote Post
LEAH iS MY iDOL
post Jun 15th 2004, 3:01 PM
Post #9

wow... now i have so much more to ask! lol

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 16th 2004, 10:11 AM
Post #10

The Principal

QUOTE (LEAH iS MY iDOL @ Jun 15 2004, 03:01 PM)

We are all set to do another interview in September!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kittybugg
post Jun 16th 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (stuttleKCMO @ Jun 16 2004, 10:11 AM)

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 16th 2004, 10:35 AM
Post #12

The Principal

QUOTE (Kittybugg @ Jun 16 2004, 10:12 AM)

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif photo.gif grin.gif

What part of this interview did you like the best? I was really impressed with her confidence. I cannot wait to see what develops in the next three months

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kittybugg
post Jun 16th 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (stuttleKCMO @ Jun 16 2004, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (Kittybugg @ Jun 16 2004, 10:12 AM)

What part of this interview did you like the best? I was really impressed with her confidence. I cannot wait to see what develops in the next three months

She handled herself well......I liked what she said about still applying to colleges and pursuing her music career at the same time....She's got a good head on her shoulders thumbup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LEAH iS MY iDOL
post Jun 16th 2004, 3:56 PM
Post #14

can someone start a new thread asking questions so i can remember them happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 17th 2004, 1:24 AM
Post #15

The Principal

QUOTE (LEAH iS MY iDOL @ Jun 16 2004, 03:56 PM)
can someone start a new thread asking questions so i can remember them  happy.gif

Maybe we can get this topic pinned (sticky) to the top so we can find it in 3 months!!!

Post Questions for Leah HERE!

This post has been edited by stuttleKCMO: Jun 17th 2004, 1:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 17th 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #16

The Principal

The questions topic has been posted and is STICKY!!

Look for it at the top! cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LEAH iS MY iDOL
post Jun 17th 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #17

i posted some questions happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
stuttleKCMO
post Jun 17th 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #18

The Principal

QUOTE (LEAH iS MY iDOL @ Jun 17 2004, 11:05 PM)
i posted some questions happy.gif

I have modified "LEAH'S ANSWERS" (1st post in this thread) to include the text, so it is no longer just a link. Enjoy!

--------------------
+Quote Post
bac0nb1ts
post Jun 18th 2004, 1:09 AM
Post #19

chaģmed claymate

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. band: Lifehouse

*stickied for everyone not to miss*

Just remember I can't and won't sticky every topic possible, only important ones. Okay. sorcerer.gif bye1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LEAH iS MY iDOL
post Jun 18th 2004, 1:11 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (bac0nb1ts @ Jun 18 2004, 01:09 AM)
*stickied for everyone not to miss*

Just remember I can't and won't sticky every topic possible, only important ones. Okay. sorcerer.gif bye1.gif

thank you bye1.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 3:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol