Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Siobhan's Official Website
igrecman
post Feb 12th 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(pago @ Feb 10th 2011, 12:38 PM) *
Body part obsessed creepy guys

That's me cool.gif
But the body part of hers that i prefer is her vocal cords.
I'd pay to make love to that cha-ching.gif haha.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by igrecman: Feb 12th 2011, 4:07 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 12th 2011, 11:37 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

magicmusic
post Feb 13th 2011, 6:34 AM
Post #42

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus
Fav. Artist: Stevie Nicks

QUOTE(igrecman @ Feb 13th 2011, 1:37 AM) *

That's me cool.gif
But the body part of hers that i prefer is her vocal cords.
I'd pay to make love to that cha-ching.gif haha.gif

IPB Image

That is so gross bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
IhateInternet
post Feb 13th 2011, 9:16 AM
Post #43

We should ask Siobhan to show a photo of her vocal cords on Twitter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
pago
post Feb 14th 2011, 5:21 PM
Post #44

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Siobhan - fans of quirky, slow talking, screaming, butterfly wearing, ferngulley lovin glass blowers with dubious fashion sense. Body part obsessed creepy guys and lesbians.

Guilty as charged, aren't we? haha.gif

--------------------
GO FOR IT, HALEY!!!
IPB Image
// Siobhan Magnus - melting faces with rock since 2010 //
+Quote Post
Telement
post Feb 18th 2011, 9:42 AM
Post #45

From Sio's official website:

NEWS!! Siobhan will play her first major concert for hometown fans at The Cape Cod Melody Tent on Saturday June 18th.

"An Evening with Siobhan Magnus" will feature a short set with Lunar Valve, a fifty minute "showcase" set of some of some of Siobhan's favorite "songs to sing" and a full performance by The Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra featuring Siobhan as guest vocalist. Tickets will be on sale to the public in early March, details to follow....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Telement
post Mar 25th 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #46

Its almost a hundred days now since Tony was accepted as Sio + LV manager. So i went round to see all the official Siobhan sites and sigh................its not good.

Siofan official fan website is falling apart. Its very very quiet now. Nothing interesting. Nothing new. I think it was much better when it was not an official fan website. Well, Tony, I'm sure you had plenty of great ideas when you planned to officialize Siofan......you got what you wanted but now....look what is happening? You FAIL!

Siobhan official website, smagnus.com - looked exactly the same when it was launched. Under "Shows", it still says Battle of the band, Jan 30th noexpression.gif Under "Style" - Coming soon.....and its still coming soon rolleyes.gif Gallery: No new photos thumbdown.gif I think they have only updated the "news" section a few times and that's about it. There are no interactive sections on the site, no merchandise to buy, no music, and tbh, its boring as f@%#. I think its a BIG FAIL, Tony!

Siobhan official myspace site - please insert egg picture here. I dont even know what to comment. There is absolutely nothing there!!! FAIL again!!!!

Siobhan official youtube - Not even a second of Sio's shadow video here. Just 3 favorited vids of LV songs. They could have done sooo much with youtube but they did nothing!! There should be at least some vids of Sio at the recent St. Patrick parade, Sio accepting the youth award, Sio+LV practicing, Sio recording at Nashville, or just Sio walking around Nashville etc etc. But nothing!!! Seriously, Tony....you are a FAILURE!!!

bleh.gif bleh.gif bleh.gif bleh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sonnymil
post Mar 26th 2011, 11:55 PM
Post #47

Let's hope not.. but, It's hard not to blame this on her and the people around her.. Seems like they're not interested in succeeding.. Telement pretty much said it all..

--------------------
QUOTE(Iluvsmyidol @ May 24th 2011, 9:22 PM) *

2 words...Haley fans.
+Quote Post
buckybadger
post Mar 27th 2011, 2:02 AM
Post #48

I couldn't care less whether Siobhan keeps up her website, tweets to us or gives us "behind the scenes" videos on youtube. Who has time to check on all of that stuff anyway? Unless you're already a fan you won't go looking for it, and frankly, she's better off focusing on writing and recording music, rehearsing with her band, etc. The extended periods of silence don't bother me. Whenever something of significance comes up, the word gets out and we all hear about it.

To me it's all about the music. If you like her singing and you're already a fan, there has been a steady enough stream over the past six months to keep you interested. Think about the number of new songs you've heard from her since October of last year and compare that to everyone else from Season 9. And here is where Tony Raine has helped her. She's released an EP with Lunar Valve, had writing and recording sessions in Nashville and she is going to release her solo songs starting May 1. This all happened after after she hired her manager. She has a show scheduled for next weekend and another show at a pretty large venue in June.

One thing that does puzzle me is that she and Lunar Valve aren't doing more shows around New England. They've only averaged about one gig per month. It seems that local bars would trip over themselves to get her, so I have to believe it is intentional rather than lack of effort on her manager's part. Still, it's curious. I'm not surprised that Siobhan isn't doing any solo shows since the type of singing she does requires backing musicians. It was really smart of Siobhan to stay active with her band after she was done with the tour. It's kept her somewhat in the public eye, unlike Mike, Aaron, Tim, Katie, Didi, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
IhateInternet
post Mar 27th 2011, 5:21 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(sonnymil @ Mar 26th 2011, 11:55 PM) *

Let's hope not.. but, It's hard not to blame this on her and the people around her.. Seems like they're not interested in succeeding.. Telement pretty much said it all..

I love your avatar. Can you do a similar gif with Siobhan turns Aaron into Yoda ?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Telement
post Mar 27th 2011, 6:01 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(buckybadger @ Mar 27th 2011, 3:02 PM) *

frankly, she's better off focusing on writing and recording music, rehearsing with her band, etc.

Exactly. This is the reason why artists hire artist/talent managers. Music artists normally just want to make music. They hire artist/talent managers to promote them, get gigs for them and to handle all the business stuff, like contract negotiation. It is also the artist/talent managers job to ensure maximum exposure for the artists - everything from marketing and public relations. And that is why a good artist/talent manager is often credited with an artistís success.

The official Sio website, youtube, facebook and myspace all fall under Tony's responsilibities. Its Tony's job to advise Sio + LV what goes into these sites and put them there. But as we all can see........he put nothing there!!! The official website only have a few news updates and zero improvements. There ought to be some improvements or add-ons once in a while, so fans know there is progress - that the promotion machine for Sio + LV is moving....not dead like this!!

QUOTE(buckybadger @ Mar 27th 2011, 3:02 PM) *

And here is where Tony Raine has helped her. She's released an EP with Lunar Valve, had writing and recording sessions in Nashville and she is going to release her solo songs starting May 1.

They were going to release the EP anyway. S+LV tweeted this long time ago...way before Tony was on board. Tony shouldnt be credited for the LV EP tongue.gif

So, what did Tony do?? Imo, all he did was got Sio to collab with Pacific Int'l Music in Nashville. That's all! And this is nothing special. Any other artist/talent managers could have got Sio to collab with them. Because all you have to do is pay money to Pacific Int'l Music. You pay them, they do music with you. Nothing special. Duh, any of us here can do that tongue.gif

If Tony got a famous songwriter or someone really influential in the music industry to collab with her....then I would STFU. But this Tony doesnt know that many people. I just did a quick check on his twitter account....he has 45 followers and half of them are Siobhan's fans....people like you and me giggle.gif

I tell you....the guy is NOT well connected AT ALL in the music industry!!

Oh....and look who he is following.....Blackburn Rovers FC, Rod Stewart, Siobhan, The Wilbur, Cape Cod Melody Tent, Joel McHale and The Boogie Report. Wait....no Lunar Valve? I thought he is their manager??? duh.gif

This guy is a joke!!!!!

Tony = fail.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tichwow
post Mar 27th 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #51

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin

QUOTE(Telement @ Mar 27th 2011, 6:01 AM) *

Exactly. This is the reason why artists hire artist/talent managers. Music artists normally just want to make music. They hire artist/talent managers to promote them, get gigs for them and to handle all the business stuff, like contract negotiation. It is also the artist/talent managers job to ensure maximum exposure for the artists - everything from marketing and public relations. And that is why a good artist/talent manager is often credited with an artistís success.

The official Sio website, youtube, facebook and myspace all fall under Tony's responsilibities. Its Tony's job to advise Sio + LV what goes into these sites and put them there. But as we all can see........he put nothing there!!! The official website only have a few news updates and zero improvements. There ought to be some improvements or add-ons once in a while, so fans know there is progress - that the promotion machine for Sio + LV is moving....not dead like this!!
They were going to release the EP anyway. S+LV tweeted this long time ago...way before Tony was on board. Tony shouldnt be credited for the LV EP tongue.gif

So, what did Tony do?? Imo, all he did was got Sio to collab with Pacific Int'l Music in Nashville. That's all! And this is nothing special. Any other artist/talent managers could have got Sio to collab with them. Because all you have to do is pay money to Pacific Int'l Music. You pay them, they do music with you. Nothing special. Duh, any of us here can do that tongue.gif

If Tony got a famous songwriter or someone really influential in the music industry to collab with her....then I would STFU. But this Tony doesnt know that many people. I just did a quick check on his twitter account....he has 45 followers and half of them are Siobhan's fans....people like you and me giggle.gif

I tell you....the guy is NOT well connected AT ALL in the music industry!!

Oh....and look who he is following.....Blackburn Rovers FC, Rod Stewart, Siobhan, The Wilbur, Cape Cod Melody Tent, Joel McHale and The Boogie Report. Wait....no Lunar Valve? I thought he is their manager??? duh.gif

This guy is a joke!!!!!

Tony = fail.gif

But who else will work with Siobhan? If she had a choice she would get someone better. Who knows maybe she closed all those deals that came her way when she specifically said she didn't want to continue on a career without her band. Or maybe no one wants to work with anyone who was in the worst season of American Idol.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Mar 27th 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(Telement @ Mar 25th 2011, 1:41 PM) *

Its almost a hundred days now since Tony was accepted as Sio + LV manager. So i went round to see all the official Siobhan sites and sigh................its not good.

Siofan official fan website is falling apart. Its very very quiet now. Nothing interesting. Nothing new. I think it was much better when it was not an official fan website. Well, Tony, I'm sure you had plenty of great ideas when you planned to officialize Siofan......you got what you wanted but now....look what is happening? You FAIL!

Siobhan official website, smagnus.com - looked exactly the same when it was launched. Under "Shows", it still says Battle of the band, Jan 30th noexpression.gif Under "Style" - Coming soon.....and its still coming soon rolleyes.gif Gallery: No new photos thumbdown.gif I think they have only updated the "news" section a few times and that's about it. There are no interactive sections on the site, no merchandise to buy, no music, and tbh, its boring as f@%#. I think its a BIG FAIL, Tony!

Siobhan official myspace site - please insert egg picture here. I dont even know what to comment. There is absolutely nothing there!!! FAIL again!!!!

Siobhan official youtube ? [etc] But nothing!!! Seriously, Tony....you are a FAILURE!!!

The frustration for a dedicated Siobhan fan is understandable -- and btw Telement thanks again for all the searching for sio-news you do and posting stuff you find here for us -- but like some others have replied, to me the ongoing promo side of her management at this stage is more a "nice to have if there was time and money to afford it" thing. Getting Siobhan on record is the primary thing, though, and that thankfully seems to be where Tony has been applying most of his efforts.

So I more agree with dese guys:

QUOTE(cf8260 @ Mar 27th 2011, 2:39 AM) *

[mystery quote]

(Welcome 8260.)

QUOTE(buckybadger @ Mar 27th 2011, 3:02 AM) *

I couldn't care less whether Siobhan keeps up her website, tweets to us or gives us "behind the scenes" videos on youtube. Who has time to check on all of that stuff anyway? Unless you're already a fan you won't go looking for it, and frankly, she's better off focusing on writing and recording music, rehearsing with her band, etc. The extended periods of silence don't bother me. Whenever something of significance comes up, the word gets out and we all hear about it.

To me it's all about the music. If you like her singing and you're already a fan, there has been a steady enough stream over the past six months to keep you interested. Think about the number of new songs you've heard from her since October of last year and compare that to everyone else from Season 9. And here is where Tony Raine has helped her. She's released an EP with Lunar Valve, had writing and recording sessions in Nashville and she is going to release her solo songs starting May 1. This all happened after after she hired her manager. She has a show scheduled for next weekend and another show at a pretty large venue in June.

... It was really smart of Siobhan to stay active with her band after she was done with the tour. It's kept her somewhat in the public eye, unlike Mike, Aaron, Tim, Katie, Didi, etc.

Regarding the weak internet presence, let's keep in mind virtually everybody in Siobhan's musical corner is pretty much "old school" technologically speaking (and musically too for that matter):
--the Magnuses
--most of the LV guys
--Siobhan herself
--probably Tony too

That's not necessarily bad. Siobhan's a luddite and comfortable with fellow luddites. Her favorite music is old rock, blues, and soul. The most tech savvy people working to support her probably are siolby meefo and macmedicfire at siofans. By hiring a manager who's not a 20something technogeek, no, the web isn't gonna be where the management time gets spent. Keep in mind that she's probably not paying Tony much, because she can't afford to for one thing. He's probably making little up front in this job, and deferring any possible payoff to the day, if it ever arrives, that Siobhan hits big. He's gambling on her, in other words, probably because, like us, he believes in her. If she winds up making money, he'll make money too. So beyond just believing in her he's personally motivated for her to succeed as well. If that day never comes, though, at least he's tried to help a genuinely special talent succeed in a very tough business.

So it doesn't surprise me Tony Raine isn't online alot trying to create and sustain net buzz for Siobhan. He made siofans "authorized" and "official" I'm sure hoping that net-savvy fans will mostly take care of that for him.

What he appears to HAVE done though, to date, is succeed at what we were crying for for months. And that is getting Siobhan recording some solo songs. He appears to have sold her on the two-track career approach. Probably he helped convince her that the LV-only approach would be a very long shot for any kind of significant commercial success, and that she needed to at least go the solo+LV route.

Family, LV, and all of us no doubt helped, too, but Tony's her manager so we have to say he got her into her solo Nashville sessions. That was the HUGE step.

It's close to the final month before she releases the first of her four co-written solo recordings. The most important thing right now is to make those as great as they possibly can be. They can have Siobhan's signature moodiness and themes, that's fine... preferable, in fact. There are lots of great songs in the world with a lot of angst and edge in them. They need to be melodic, though. Sio's voice needs to be up front and what stands out from the records. They shouldn't drag on for 6 or 7 minutes. And basically, the songs just need to be good tunes. Stuff you want to hear, stuff that sticks in you mind afterwards.

Just make these songs good... make them great, preferably. A great singer needs great songs. In this time period right now I don't care if we hear from Sio or Tony at all just so long as they're working on getting the music right. Do that, and she has a chance. If these songs aren't very good, then nobody makes any money, Idol doesn't invite her to perform this season, we all defer our hopes for her longer still, and it's back to the drawing board and the recording studio, to try again.

The management hours that are available, I hope and suspect these days are being applied where they can do the most good.

This post has been edited by blacklightposter: Mar 28th 2011, 8:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 20th 2014, 1:04 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol