Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim's Random Lists and Stuff, A catch-all thread, more or less
SyracuseMug
post Mar 29th 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. SYTYCD3: Jaimie Goodwin
Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD PO6: Ania Tarnowska

IPB Image

w00twave.gif

This is intended as a general all-purpose thread in which I can post various lists and index the ones I've already made. I can also add links to some of my tour recaps from seasons past, plus some of my YouTube videos that I've put together for favorite dancers like Janette and Amelia. heart.gif Maybe I can even post snippets of my attempts at fiction if anyone cares to read them. fear.gif

Anyway, the graphic above is a picture of my city & my favorite soft drink. Put the two together and what do you have? grin.gif

Back around 1996 when I first logged on to AOL, I started with a generic screen name consisting of my initials and birthdate, but I quickly grew bored with it and wanted something catchier. So I looked around the room and saw my can of Mug root beer that I had just finished, and thought "How about 'Mr. Mug'? When I found that someone was already using that name, I then tried "MisterMug," and voila.

A few years later when I moved to upstate New York, I decided to include my new city in the screen name, and "SyracuseMug" was born. I pretty much use it for every new site I log onto. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 29th 2013, 12:35 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

totes4totes
post Mar 29th 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OB2 April 19
SYTYCD2013: Tamara Arruti, Jenna Johnson AU4: Yukino
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Mar 29th 2013, 1:01 PM
Post #3

Hello! w00twave.gif huggy.gif

I loved that little story of how your nickname was born. happy.gif Mine simply means "Patryk" in an Elvish language from Lord of the Rings, which I'm a huge fan of.

In case you're interested, here's the generator: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/index.php

--------------------
bbcan2: neda adel heather jon anick ika. surv28: jefra kass spencer lj morgan trish.
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Mar 29th 2013, 1:32 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Erestor @ Mar 29th 2013, 2:01 PM) *

Hello! w00twave.gif huggy.gif

I loved that little story of how your nickname was born. happy.gif Mine simply means "Patryk" in an Elvish language from Lord of the Rings, which I'm a huge fan of.

In case you're interested, here's the generator: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/index.php

It also has a Hobbit name generator. I tried your name there and got Hob Proudfoot grin.gif

Mine were:
Lenw Culnmo
Fosco Knotwise of Michel Delving

I also tried Jess:
Nessa of Dorthonion
Ruby Brandybuck of Buckland

And Janette:
Nienna Tasartir
Dimple Goldworthy of Michel Delving

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
emmie
post Mar 29th 2013, 1:39 PM
Post #5

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. SYTYCD9: Cole Horibe
Fav. SYTYCD10: Jasmine Harper

bye1.gif

I love Mug Root Beer. wub.gif It's the only type of soda I like.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
☀ maia mitchell ☀ ai13: sam jena malaya caleb ☀ sytycdau4: tba ☀
+Quote Post
kitty_x
post Mar 29th 2013, 1:43 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

w00twave.gif

My Elvish name: Maranw Yvtil
Hobbit name: Melilot Trample of Woody End
Those are pretty names. yes.gif

--------------------
thanks andrelliott!
sytycdau4: blond. eden. zoey. michael. renelle.
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Mar 29th 2013, 2:49 PM
Post #7

LOL I love your banner graphic. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD AU4: Patric. Nadiah. Sam. Jordan. Eden. Michael. Yukino. Jay
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Jun 21st 2013, 2:54 PM
Post #8

I had nearly forgotten that I made this thread, grin.gif but I was looking for a place to post my early S10 rankings, and saw this at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I didn't add any pix or long descriptions. I just wanted to get these up so I can look back later in the season and see how my opinions might have changed. thumbsup.gif

Girls Rankings
01) Alexis Juliano wub.gif
02) Amy Yakima wub.gif
03) Jenna Johnson wub.gif
04) Brittany Cherry
05) Mariah Spears
06) Jasmine Harper
07) Hayley Erbert
08) Makenzie Dustman
09) Jasmine Mason
10) Malece Miller

Guys Rankings
01) Paul Karmiryan thumbsup.gif
02) Tucker Knox
03) Nico Greetham
04) Carlos Garland
05) Bluprint Hector
06) Jade Zuberi
07) Fik-Shun Stegall
08) Aaron Turner
09) Alan Bersten
10) Curtis Holland

Showcase Rankings
01) Amy & Jasmine M. omg.gif
02) Alexis, Aaron, Curtis clap.gif
03) Brittany, Jenna, Alan, Paul
04) Top 10 Guys
05) Makenzie, Jasmine, Nico, Tucker
06) Top 10 Girls
07) Mariah & Fik-Shun
08) BluPrint & Jade
09) Malece, Hayley, Carlos
10) Top 20

Predicted Top 10
Girls: Alexis, Amy, Jenna, Jasmine, Malece
Guys: Paul, Tucker, Nico, Jade, Fik-Shun

Desired Top 10 (Notice the guys are the same in both categories, which is great for me if I'm right.) wink.gif
Girls: Alexis, Amy, Jenna, Brittany, Mariah

Predicted Elimination Order
Top 20: Jasmine M. and Curtis
Top 18: Makenzie and Aaron
Top 16: Brittany and Carlos
Top 14: Hayley and Alan
Top 12: Mariah and Blueprint
Top 10: Jasmine H. and Tucker
Top 08: Alexis and Paul
Top 06: Jenna and Jade
Runners Up: Malece and Nico
Winners: Amy and Fik-Shun

Desired Elimination Order (although I don't feel that strongly about most of the guys' placements.)
Top 20: Malece and Curtis
Top 18: Jasmine M. and Alan
Top 16: Makenzie and Aaron
Top 14: Hayley and Blueprint
Top 12: Jasmine H. and Fik-Shun
Top 10: Mariah and Jade
Top 08: Brittany and Nico
Top 06: Jenna and Carlos
Runners Up: Amy and Tucker
Winners: Alexis and Paul

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Jun 21st 2013, 2:59 PM
Post #9

Jim, I haven't been at a computer in a long time but I do intend on responding to your PM! It deserves more than my phone can give.

--------------------
OB2 April 19
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Jun 21st 2013, 3:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Jun 21st 2013, 3:59 PM) *

Jim, I haven't been at a computer in a long time but I do intend on responding to your PM! It deserves more than my phone can give.

You said you were busy until Sunday, so I figured as much. flowers.gif Tied up with schoolwork, or is that all done?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Jun 21st 2013, 3:53 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(SyracuseMug @ Jun 21st 2013, 9:54 PM) *

I had nearly forgotten that I made this thread, grin.gif but I was looking for a place to post my early S10 rankings, and saw this at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I didn't add any pix or long descriptions. I just wanted to get these up so I can look back later in the season and see how my opinions might have changed. thumbsup.gif

Girls Rankings
01) Alexis Juliano wub.gif
02) Amy Yakima wub.gif
03) Jenna Johnson wub.gif
04) Brittany Cherry
05) Mariah Spears
06) Jasmine Harper
07) Hayley Erbert
08) Makenzie Dustman
09) Jasmine Mason
10) Malece Miller

Guys Rankings
01) Paul Karmiryan thumbsup.gif
02) Tucker Knox
03) Nico Greetham
04) Carlos Garland
05) Bluprint Hector
06) Jade Zuberi
07) Fik-Shun Stegall
08) Aaron Turner
09) Alan Bersten
10) Curtis Holland

Showcase Rankings
01) Amy & Jasmine M. omg.gif
02) Alexis, Aaron, Curtis clap.gif
03) Brittany, Jenna, Alan, Paul
04) Top 10 Guys
05) Makenzie, Jasmine, Nico, Tucker
06) Top 10 Girls
07) Mariah & Fik-Shun
08) BluPrint & Jade
09) Malece, Hayley, Carlos
10) Top 20

Predicted Top 10
Girls: Alexis, Amy, Jenna, Jasmine, Malece

Desired Top 10 (Notice the guys are the same in both categories, which is great for me if I'm right.) wink.gif
Girls: Alexis, Amy, Jenna, Brittany, Mariah

Predicted Elimination Order
Top 20: Jasmine M. and Curtis
Top 18: Makenzie and Aaron
Top 16: Brittany and Carlos
Top 14: Hayley and Alan
Top 12: Mariah and Blueprint
Top 10: Jasmine H. and Tucker
Top 08: Alexis and Paul
Top 06: Jenna and Jade
Runners Up: Malece and Nico
Winners: Amy and Fik-Shun

Desired Elimination Order (although I don't feel that strongly about most of the guys' placements.)
Top 20: Malece and Curtis
Top 18: Jasmine M. and Alan
Top 16: Makenzie and Aaron
Top 14: Hayley and Blueprint
Top 12: Jasmine H. and Fik-Shun
Top 10: Mariah and Jade
Top 08: Brittany and Nico
Top 06: Jenna and Carlos
Runners Up: Amy and Tucker
Winners: Alexis and Paul

Yay, I was hoping you would post your rankings. grin.gif I knew Alexis was your favorite though. She's not one of my favorites right now, but she's not in my B3 girls either, so if she impresses me, maybe I'll grow to like her more. Glad that have Amy ranked high. heart.gif I don't think I have major issues with your girls ranking except Jasmine H is dead last for me. ph34rwave.gif As for the guys, not surprised Paul took the lead because he does seem like your favorite guy. tongue.gif Again, my only issue would be that I'd have Fik-Shun a lot higher and Jade last. Glad we also agree about Amy & Jasmine's Jazz. w00t.gif And the Mia Contemporary, too. giggle.gif Interesting predictions although the ones for the girls is kinda far from what I hope will happen. laughing.gif I'd be happy if your prediction for the guys came true though, although I'd take any guy over Jade.

--------------------
bbcan2: neda adel heather jon anick ika. surv28: jefra kass spencer lj morgan trish.
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Jun 21st 2013, 9:19 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(SyracuseMug @ Jun 21st 2013, 3:03 PM) *

You said you were busy until Sunday, so I figured as much. flowers.gif Tied up with schoolwork, or is that all done?

I am apartment hunting in Wisconsin. It's an 8 hour drive from where I live so I am spending two whole days just driving where I wish I had a computer. LOL.

--------------------
OB2 April 19
+Quote Post
Jess
post Jun 21st 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #13

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. SYTYCD7: Robert Roldan
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

QUOTE(SyracuseMug @ Mar 29th 2013, 11:32 AM) *

I also tried Jess:
Ruby Brandybuck of Buckland

That's bucc. stud.gif cool.gif

giggle.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
ai13: caleb. jena. jess. alex. | sytycdau4: lauren. michael. renelle. jay.
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Jun 27th 2013, 9:11 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Erestor @ Jun 21st 2013, 4:53 PM) *

Yay, I was hoping you would post your rankings. grin.gif I knew Alexis was your favorite though. She's not one of my favorites right now, but she's not in my B3 girls either, so if she impresses me, maybe I'll grow to like her more. Glad that have Amy ranked high. heart.gif I don't think I have major issues with your girls ranking except Jasmine H is dead last for me. ph34rwave.gif As for the guys, not surprised Paul took the lead because he does seem like your favorite guy. tongue.gif Again, my only issue would be that I'd have Fik-Shun a lot higher and Jade last. Glad we also agree about Amy & Jasmine's Jazz. w00t.gif And the Mia Contemporary, too. giggle.gif Interesting predictions although the ones for the girls is kinda far from what I hope will happen. laughing.gif I'd be happy if your prediction for the guys came true though, although I'd take any guy over Jade.

I had hoped that Alexis would have a strong opening night the way Amelia did last year. Now I'm on pins and needles worrying that she won't make it through next week. cold.gif It's possible that her fanbase will keep her safe, or that Nigel will if they don't, but he has a history of booting tappers long before they reach Top 10. I wanted Alexis to break the curse, and my fingers were crossed that her versatility would carry her through with relative ease. Now it seems like an uphill battle. fear2.gif Still, I think I would rather have her falter early on and then pick up steam, rather than follow in the footsteps of Amelia who started strong and then got bussed. argh.gif As long as she makes Top 10 and the tour, how she gets there is secondary. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I just got caught up on this week's show, and here are my thoughts:

Mariah & Carlos - Jive - Although Mariah is good with facials, here she looks likes she's catching flies throughout the routine. Her Jive kicks were nothing to write home about, and though I liked the energy of the piece, overall I wasn't terribly impressed.

Jasmine M & Alan - Contemporary - I was at work when the show aired, and when I checked Wikipedia later, I saw that Jason Gilkison, Christopher Scott, Travis, and Sonya had each choreographed two dances. From past experience, I figured that one of their routines would be good, and the other average or awful. This was easily the better one from Travis, though I had the distinct sense that the blindfolds were see-through, and really just interesting props.

Malece & Jade - Jazz - Didn't care for this one much at all. I think it was the music. Malece is slowly growing on me, and I do like her, but she's still my least fave girl. I like Jade somewhat more, on the guys' side. He reminds me of Eldrick (NL3) in stature and mannerisms. I wouldn't care to see either of them booted after this, since I appreciate everyone in this cast and they're all likable. But since one of the girls has to go, Malece would be my pick, sad as it may be. sad.gif

Jenna & Tucker - Broadway - Tyce's Broadways are almost always epic fails, but I thought these two gave a stellar performance and elevated the routine far above its cheesy choreo.

Brittany & Bluprint - Afro Jazz - I can see this becoming my 2nd favorite Afro Jazz across all seasons. I thought they were both fantastic, and Brittany (who I already liked) just took a huge leap in my rankings. wub.gif

Alexis & Nico - Hip-Hop - I never let the judges' comments sway me, because usually they're either agenda-driven or simply wrong. I see this routine taking a lot of IDF criticism, but I have to wonder how many are just parroting what everyone else is saying based on Nigel's critique. Virtually everything I know about dance (which isn't a lot) was learned by watching this show and reading the boards, so I rely on the opinions of unbiased experts to validate my own. Over on TWoP, there are several posters who have a vast knowledge of dance and are able to articulate it in a way that never ceases to amaze me. The consensus there is that this Hip Hop wasn't great, but not nearly as awful as Nigel would have me believe. Personally I feel that that the performances were fine, even if the choreo and the technical aspects fell short. A couple like Comfort and Twitch certainly could have danced it better, but even they can only do so much with what they are given. On that basis, I'm not convinced that Alexis deserves to B3, even though she probably will.

Makenzie & Paul - Viennese Waltz - In line with what I said earlier, this is far and away the better of the two routines by Jason, so the pattern continues to hold true.

Jasmine H & Aaron - Jazz - There wasn't as much disparity between this Sonya routine and the other, but I still preferred that other. This one was just okay for me. Again, it may have been the music.

Hayley & Curtis - Hip-Hop - There was a part of the song early on which reminded me of a past routine which used the same music or something very similar, but I can't put my finger on it (maybe it was from one of the 'Breakin' films). Anyway, I wasn't all that crazy about this dance. The hanging lamp was a distraction. I kept expecting these two to start swinging from it, and was relieved when they didn't, fearing either that they would burn their hands, or end up pulling it from the ceiling. haha.gif Given a choice between this Hip Hop and the other, I'd go with Alexis and Nico. Theirs seemed to better fit the genre.

Amy & Fik-Shun - Contemporary - Beautiful. omg.gif Easily the best of the night for me. yes.gif No need to say more.

My Rankings
01) Amy & Fik-Shun
02) Brittany & Bluprint
03) Jasmine M & Alan
04) Jenna & Tucker
05) Makenzie & Paul
06) Jasmine H & Aaron
07) Alexis & Nico
08) Hayley & Curtis
09) Malece & Jade
10) Mariah & Carlos

Predicted B3
Mariah, Alexis, Hayley
Curtis, Jade, Carlos
Going home: Hayley & Curtis

Desired B3
Nobody. crying.gif But if forced to choose, then Makenzie, Hayley, Malece, Curtis, Jade, Carlos (same three guys), with Malece and Curtis going bye bye. bye1.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Jun 27th 2013, 9:13 AM
Post #15

Group: NX Subscribers

Our rankings are very very similar, although Alexis/Nico was far lower on mine, although now how much you like her I understand!

--------------------
+Quote Post
kitty_x
post Jun 27th 2013, 9:22 AM
Post #16

Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

I feel the same way as you about wanting no one to leave. crying.gif Everyone really impressed me this week. I had Alexis and Nico, as well as Jenna and Tucker lower, and Hayley and Curtis higher. But #1 was undeniable. thumbsup.gif

I hope Fik-Shun grew on you this week.

--------------------
thanks andrelliott!
sytycdau4: blond. eden. zoey. michael. renelle.
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Jun 27th 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner

QUOTE(SyracuseMug @ Jun 27th 2013, 3:11 PM) *

My Rankings
01) Amy & Fik-Shun
02) Brittany & Bluprint
03) Jasmine M & Alan

I have the same top 3, in the same order wub.gif
And I got some enjoyment from the hip-hop too haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCDAU4: Jordan. Patric. Ashleigh. Joel. Michael. Blond. Jay.
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Jun 28th 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Harkins @ Jun 27th 2013, 10:13 AM) *

Our rankings are very very similar, although Alexis/Nico was far lower on mine, although now how much you like her I understand!

I'm not versed on the technical aspects of a given style (Hip Hop especially), but I know whether a performance works for me, and theirs did. I felt they danced adequately what they were given, and shouldn't be held accountable for lackluster choreo. At least in terms of B3. How they are ranked on IDF lists is a different story, but I'm much more forgiving of my favorites when one of their routines falls flat. wink.gif

QUOTE(kitty_x @ Jun 27th 2013, 10:22 AM) *

I feel the same way as you about wanting no one to leave. crying.gif Everyone really impressed me this week. I had Alexis and Nico, as well as Jenna and Tucker lower, and Hayley and Curtis higher. But #1 was undeniable. thumbsup.gif

I hope Fik-Shun grew on you this week.

Sometimes I wish they could change the format, and keep everyone around until the week before the finale. Then the top four contestants with the most cumulative votes could battle it out for the win. This way, neither the dancers nor their fans would end up heartbroken and dejected by them having to leave early after working so hard to get there in the first place. sad.gif

And yes, Fik-Shun has grown on me. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(HeckYeahSYTYCD @ Jun 27th 2013, 11:09 AM) *

I have the same top 3, in the same order wub.gif
And I got some enjoyment from the hip-hop too haha.gif

We do tend to think an awful lot alike, don't we? w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Jun 28th 2013, 3:59 PM
Post #19

LOL oops, I haven't noticed your rankings either. haha.gif

QUOTE(SyracuseMug @ Jun 27th 2013, 4:11 PM) *

I had hoped that Alexis would have a strong opening night the way Amelia did last year. Now I'm on pins and needles worrying that she won't make it through next week. cold.gif It's possible that her fanbase will keep her safe, or that Nigel will if they don't, but he has a history of booting tappers long before they reach Top 10. I wanted Alexis to break the curse, and my fingers were crossed that her versatility would carry her through with relative ease. Now it seems like an uphill battle. fear2.gif Still, I think I would rather have her falter early on and then pick up steam, rather than follow in the footsteps of Amelia who started strong and then got bussed. argh.gif As long as she makes Top 10 and the tour, how she gets there is secondary. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I just got caught up on this week's show, and here are my thoughts:

Mariah & Carlos - Jive - Although Mariah is good with facials, here she looks likes she's catching flies throughout the routine. Her Jive kicks were nothing to write home about, and though I liked the energy of the piece, overall I wasn't terribly impressed.

Jasmine M & Alan - Contemporary - I was at work when the show aired, and when I checked Wikipedia later, I saw that Jason Gilkison, Christopher Scott, Travis, and Sonya had each choreographed two dances. From past experience, I figured that one of their routines would be good, and the other average or awful. This was easily the better one from Travis, though I had the distinct sense that the blindfolds were see-through, and really just interesting props.

Malece & Jade - Jazz - Didn't care for this one much at all. I think it was the music. Malece is slowly growing on me, and I do like her, but she's still my least fave girl. I like Jade somewhat more, on the guys' side. He reminds me of Eldrick (NL3) in stature and mannerisms. I wouldn't care to see either of them booted after this, since I appreciate everyone in this cast and they're all likable. But since one of the girls has to go, Malece would be my pick, sad as it may be. sad.gif

Jenna & Tucker - Broadway - Tyce's Broadways are almost always epic fails, but I thought these two gave a stellar performance and elevated the routine far above its cheesy choreo.

Brittany & Bluprint - Afro Jazz - I can see this becoming my 2nd favorite Afro Jazz across all seasons. I thought they were both fantastic, and Brittany (who I already liked) just took a huge leap in my rankings. wub.gif

Alexis & Nico - Hip-Hop - I never let the judges' comments sway me, because usually they're either agenda-driven or simply wrong. I see this routine taking a lot of IDF criticism, but I have to wonder how many are just parroting what everyone else is saying based on Nigel's critique. Virtually everything I know about dance (which isn't a lot) was learned by watching this show and reading the boards, so I rely on the opinions of unbiased experts to validate my own. Over on TWoP, there are several posters who have a vast knowledge of dance and are able to articulate it in a way that never ceases to amaze me. The consensus there is that this Hip Hop wasn't great, but not nearly as awful as Nigel would have me believe. Personally I feel that that the performances were fine, even if the choreo and the technical aspects fell short. A couple like Comfort and Twitch certainly could have danced it better, but even they can only do so much with what they are given. On that basis, I'm not convinced that Alexis deserves to B3, even though she probably will.

Makenzie & Paul - Viennese Waltz - In line with what I said earlier, this is far and away the better of the two routines by Jason, so the pattern continues to hold true.

Jasmine H & Aaron - Jazz - There wasn't as much disparity between this Sonya routine and the other, but I still preferred that other. This one was just okay for me. Again, it may have been the music.

Hayley & Curtis - Hip-Hop - There was a part of the song early on which reminded me of a past routine which used the same music or something very similar, but I can't put my finger on it (maybe it was from one of the 'Breakin' films). Anyway, I wasn't all that crazy about this dance. The hanging lamp was a distraction. I kept expecting these two to start swinging from it, and was relieved when they didn't, fearing either that they would burn their hands, or end up pulling it from the ceiling. haha.gif Given a choice between this Hip Hop and the other, I'd go with Alexis and Nico. Theirs seemed to better fit the genre.

Amy & Fik-Shun - Contemporary - Beautiful. omg.gif Easily the best of the night for me. yes.gif No need to say more.

My Rankings
01) Amy & Fik-Shun
02) Brittany & Bluprint
03) Jasmine M & Alan
04) Jenna & Tucker
05) Makenzie & Paul
06) Jasmine H & Aaron
07) Alexis & Nico
08) Hayley & Curtis
09) Malece & Jade
10) Mariah & Carlos

Predicted B3
Mariah, Alexis, Hayley
Curtis, Jade, Carlos
Going home: Hayley & Curtis

Desired B3
Nobody. crying.gif But if forced to choose, then Makenzie, Hayley, Malece, Curtis, Jade, Carlos (same three guys), with Malece and Curtis going bye bye. bye1.gif

Aww, I'm sorry about Alexis not doing as well as you would have liked her to. sad.gif huggy.gif I think everything will depend on her second routine. If she does enough to redeem herself, then she will be saved over someone who gets two weaker routines in a row. I'm still hoping it's Malece and Jade who will be going home. fear.gif

OMG at you saying that Mariah looked like she was catching flies during the routine. roll2.gif Someone pointed it out somewhere else too, and I honestly didn't even notice that, nor did it bother me. I thought she was performing it well, even though the technique was poor.

I have a feeling that the blindfolds were see-through too. It would have been too dangerous if they actually haven't seen anything.

Jade reminds you of Eldrick? shocked.gif I thought Eldrick was more versatile and I definitely liked him more too.

Agreed with what you said about Broadway.

Wow, it's your 2nd favorite Afro Jazz ever? Your first is Allie and Miles, right?

Like I said already multiple times, after seeing this for the first time (on a crappy stream though) and before hearing the judges comments, I thought it was really good and fun and I enjoyed it. But on a re-watch I noticed the details that made me realize it wasn't danced as well as it could've been, but I still find it entertaining in a GP kind of way.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the Viennese Waltz and the Sonya Jazz.

You might have heard this song before on PL7, because Joanna Zwierzynska auditioned with it (the Zouk we have been talking about earlier). I agree that the props were distracting and overall they have been given an easier choreo than Alexis/Nico.

Agreed again on Amy/Fik-Shun. wub.gif

Your rankings are not too far different from mine. thumbsup.gif I don't think Hayley and Curtis will be leaving though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Jul 4th 2013, 1:13 AM
Post #20

IPB Image

--------------------
OB2 April 19
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 7:09 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol