Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Show in Lawrence, Kansas
jdrocks84
post Nov 29th 2011, 3:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

I've located and compiled all available information here:

http://durbinators.freeforums.org/post38.html#p38

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 29th 2011, 3:23 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

LilKitKat
post Nov 29th 2011, 4:07 PM
Post #2

Good job jd! I tried finding it but couldn't. You are good! Odd pairing though. Javier Colon and James? Should be interesting. Might be worth a trip to Kansas lol all 17 hours of it! Might as well go to Tunica then haha.gif still 17 hours!

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Nov 29th 2011, 4:27 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(LilKitKat @ Nov 29th 2011, 4:07 PM) *

Good job jd! I tried finding it but couldn't. You are good! Odd pairing though. Javier Colon and James? Should be interesting. Might be worth a trip to Kansas lol all 17 hours of it! Might as well go to Tunica then haha.gif still 17 hours!

lol...well, the tickets are free but you have to go to the host station to pick the tickets up...and they have yet to announce those details as far as I can tell. original.gif

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
Josy
post Nov 29th 2011, 5:20 PM
Post #4

Great find! This is an odd match as they are different styles of music, but great promo for both of them anyway. I hope that some people will post videos of the show.

This post has been edited by Josy: Nov 29th 2011, 5:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Nov 29th 2011, 5:25 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Josy @ Nov 29th 2011, 5:20 PM) *

Great find! This is an odd match as they are different styles of music, but great promo for both of them anyway. I hope that some people will post videos of the show.

Me too! I'll definitely keep my eyes out for any videos!

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
Naira
post Nov 29th 2011, 6:06 PM
Post #6

Group: NX Subscribers

This is all very nice, but when is James gonna get some decent mainstream promo like a well known talk show or other large TV audience gig? noexpression.gif

And I'm talking about singing performances - all band electric of course - not just Tourette talk..

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Josy
post Nov 30th 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Naira @ Nov 29th 2011, 6:06 PM) *

This is all very nice, but when is James gonna get some decent mainstream promo like a well known talk show or other large TV audience gig? noexpression.gif

And I'm talking about singing performances - all band electric of course - not just Tourette talk..

Wind Up is probably doing their best for that but:

1) Most talkshows TV studios are not equipped for plugged performance.
2) Major labels have some negociations leaway that smaller label don't have, if like you want this person on your show, then you have to also have this one. Its call a package deals.
3) Talkshows invite people that will increase their viewers audience and have a lot of buzz on the Internet/media and it does not matter much what type of buzz.
4) James is learning and improving fast but Interviews with Aspies can be ackward.
So far James internet buzz is about ZERO. Everything on the Web/Medias is monitored by Marketing firms and most media subscribe to theses reports.

James buzz:
One Official site where members are transfers from his Facebook and not registered members not allowing to gauge his actual popularity.
One Closed fansite with about 200 members -Zero buzz as far as marketing goes and useless for promoting James to non-members, information not accessible at large.
One Closed FB fansite - Zero buzz as far as marketing goes and useless for promoting James to non-members, information not accessible at large.
A couple of failed fansites.
His twitter account is not helping as the heaviest traffic he got so far is on Follow Fridays with people whinning/pleading about getting followed, fun for people but not the best Internet buzz. haha.gif
One Forum here with a minimal number of posters - Lurkers fans of James, if any, delurking would not hurt.
Articles about James posted in the internet only generate a couple of comments and even the 'haters' seem to have given up on James.

The only place where James gets some real media buzz is at MJs blog where he usually generate a good increase of traffic on the blog.

Some of James fans have to understand that when someone does not have large fanbase, disagreeing people when civilized (not the name calling ones) are the one helping generate discussion and increase buzz until a large enough fanbase is established. It is called agreeing to disagree.

Wind Up has a good track record promoting new comers from scratch their own way by hooking them as openers for major bands, get them touring large venues them and some smaller gigs on the side, building a fanbase and hoping that the album is good enough for people at the concerts to give some legs to the album. This is the route that Wind Up probably will take with James as Rock creds and AI is not necessarily the best mix.

This is my take on the situation, I am a fan and as nobody can be 100% right, as long as I am not called names and a hater, I am opened to an healthy discussion. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Nov 30th 2011, 1:04 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Josy @ Nov 30th 2011, 12:49 PM) *

Some of James fans have to understand that when someone does not have large fanbase, disagreeing people when civilized (not the name calling ones) are the one helping generate discussion and increase buzz until a large enough fanbase is established. It is called agreeing to disagree.

Wind Up has a good track record promoting new comers from scratch their own way by hooking them as openers for major bands, get them touring large venues them and some smaller gigs on the side, building a fanbase and hoping that the album is good enough for people at the concerts to give some legs to the album. This is the route that Wind Up probably will take with James as Rock creds and AI is not necessarily the best mix.

This is my take on the situation, I am a fan and as nobody can be 100% right, as long as I am not called names and a hater, I am opened to an healthy discussion. haha.gif

Very well said! thumbsup.gif wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Nov 30th 2011, 2:21 PM
Post #9

Yip I agree that Wind-up's best strategy will be to treat James like all their other acts - get him on tour with a big name so that Rock Radio will play his songs, then when he achieves success on Rock Radio he can take his music to the mainstream - that is the right way to do it.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
durnet
post Nov 30th 2011, 5:02 PM
Post #10

Yes finally we're gonna hear the songs the way they're supposed to sound:

@DurbinRock James Durbin
Our FIRST TWO shows, full band Electric, are halftime games in STADIUMS!!!!!

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Josy
post Nov 30th 2011, 5:59 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(durnet @ Nov 30th 2011, 5:02 PM) *

Yes finally we're gonna hear the songs the way they're supposed to sound:

@DurbinRock James Durbin
Our FIRST TWO shows, full band Electric, are halftime games in STADIUMS!!!!!

Right target, mostly men, large audience and James musicians, especially Dylan can bring it. bounce.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Nov 30th 2011, 6:29 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Josy @ Nov 30th 2011, 5:59 PM) *

Right target, mostly men, large audience and James musicians, especially Dylan can bring it. bounce.gif

I added some videos of the band members here: http://durbinators.freeforums.org/the-band-f9.html

Dylan can shred his head off, Jeff Fabb is a drumming beast, Ty's old band had an 80's hair band vibe/sound and Blake has a love for the 70's and 80's sound. The band is SUCH a GREAT fit. They're going to be so awesome together all plugged in.

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 9:36 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol