Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scott on Dish of Salt
EstelleGetty
post Apr 13th 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

If you ever meet "American Idol's" Scott MacIntyre I promise you it's something you won't forget. He's by the far the nicest, most genuine contestant I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Despite his visual impairment, he remains the most positive, most upbeat person to ever come out of the show. He wanted to go to college. He did. He wanted to get his master's degree. He did. He even was about to pursue another master's degree at Cambridge University but that's when he found out he was in kidney failure.

"That's why I actually came back to the U.S. and had to start emergency dialysis for ten months. It's a very draining process," Scott told me in our interview this morning.

Finally in August of 2007 his piano teacher's wife stepped up to donate her kidney.

"She found out that you know there was a need and she was one of the first people to have no reservations whatsoever," Scott revealed. "She literally saved my life. It's just a miracle everyday that I'm alive now."

It was while he was home in Arizona recovering that Scott made the decision that he was going to try out for "American Idol."

"It really helps me put things in perspective you know. Leaving 'Idol' I don't think I'm as disappointed as I would have been normally if I hadn't been through all the things I've been through. I really keep it in perspective."

Scott also revealed that his younger sister, Katelyn, is about to undergo her own kidney transplant next week.

"It is true and I would appreciate it if everyone in the U.S. would pray for her this coming week."

In the end, Scott being voted off the show this week was perfect timing. Now he can help take care of his sister.

"She knows that I've been through it and I'm doing well right now. I think that helps her a lot, you know, and we'll just have that kind of special bond of both going through something very serious like that."

As for Scott's future he says he hopes to follow in the footsteps of artists like John Mayer, Vanessa Carlton or Gavin DeGraw. He's been writing songs since he was five- years old and can't wait to put out some of his original music. He's even written a song about his own journey.

"It's just about keeping the faith. When you see the view from above. When you're climbing up and up the hill, even when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel... once you get there, you'll look back and you'll see how far you've come."

A sweet message from a very sweet guy.

http://blogs.accesshollywood.com/archives/...weet-scott.html

And a picture to make some of you jealous. bleh.gif

IPB Image

Sending out my warmest wishes to Katelyn next week. flowers.gif

--------------------
nasally is a form of singing
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 13th 2009, 10:56 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

craig4idol
post Apr 15th 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Fav. CI2: Jason Greeley
Fav. CI4: Craig Sharpe
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Oh my god, what a great thing to read! He seems like such an amazing person. And that picture is SO CUTE. w00t.gif

Im definitely keeping Katelyn in my thoughts.

--------------------
IPB Image
courtesy of biancaw!
+Quote Post
nicolelubsjason2
post May 3rd 2009, 1:41 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(EstelleGetty @ Apr 14th 2009, 3:56 AM) *

If you ever meet "American Idol's" Scott MacIntyre I promise you it's something you won't forget. He's by the far the nicest, most genuine contestant I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Despite his visual impairment, he remains the most positive, most upbeat person to ever come out of the show. He wanted to go to college. He did. He wanted to get his master's degree. He did. He even was about to pursue another master's degree at Cambridge University but that's when he found out he was in kidney failure.

"That's why I actually came back to the U.S. and had to start emergency dialysis for ten months. It's a very draining process," Scott told me in our interview this morning.

Finally in August of 2007 his piano teacher's wife stepped up to donate her kidney.

"She found out that you know there was a need and she was one of the first people to have no reservations whatsoever," Scott revealed. "She literally saved my life. It's just a miracle everyday that I'm alive now."

It was while he was home in Arizona recovering that Scott made the decision that he was going to try out for "American Idol."

"It really helps me put things in perspective you know. Leaving 'Idol' I don't think I'm as disappointed as I would have been normally if I hadn't been through all the things I've been through. I really keep it in perspective."

Scott also revealed that his younger sister, Katelyn, is about to undergo her own kidney transplant next week.

"It is true and I would appreciate it if everyone in the U.S. would pray for her this coming week."

In the end, Scott being voted off the show this week was perfect timing. Now he can help take care of his sister.

"She knows that I've been through it and I'm doing well right now. I think that helps her a lot, you know, and we'll just have that kind of special bond of both going through something very serious like that."

As for Scott's future he says he hopes to follow in the footsteps of artists like John Mayer, Vanessa Carlton or Gavin DeGraw. He's been writing songs since he was five- years old and can't wait to put out some of his original music. He's even written a song about his own journey.

"It's just about keeping the faith. When you see the view from above. When you're climbing up and up the hill, even when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel... once you get there, you'll look back and you'll see how far you've come."

A sweet message from a very sweet guy.

http://blogs.accesshollywood.com/archives/...weet-scott.html

And a picture to make some of you jealous. bleh.gif

IPB Image

Sending out my warmest wishes to Katelyn next week. flowers.gif

LOVE THE PIC!! heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
Being alone it could be quite romantic
+Quote Post
KittyKins
post May 3rd 2009, 4:50 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI3: John Stevens
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

Thanks for posting that! He's adorable. I thought the same thing about being able to help his sister when it happened...perhaps that's what the Lord had in mind.

--------------------
Scotty McCreery - The next American Idol!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 5:12 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol