Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

241 Pages V « < 239 240 241   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Oct 27th 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #4801

Group: NX Subscribers

SYTYCD: Season 11
Ranking the Routines: #28 - #25

#28: "Pearls" Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary

Without a doubt this is my favourite performance from Valerie all season. She was never the best technically proficient dancer, but she always gave her absolute all to every routine and she completely sells herself as a blind woman feeling her way across the stage and Zack in this. I mean when her face lights up upon Zack's first touch it is such a moment and just warms my cold heart. I don't think any other girl this year could have pulled this off with the ame performance as Valerie did. I haven't mentioned Zack because this routine is like the epitome of how irrelevant he is. And I'm only kind of joking as well. Never watched him in this.

#27: "Work Bitch" Jourdan & Marcquet Sean Cheesman Jazz

This is Marcquet's first non-showcase routine to appear ph34rwave.gif But like so many of Zack's routines, the focus isn't on him, although he does a great job in the supporting role here. But Jourdan slayssssssss this. We saw her do like 2 seconds of Sonya's work in callbacks and I knew I wanted her to do a really fierce jazz routine and viola! Granted it's not quite Sonya battle jazz but she still delivers a very fierce, confident sharp performance. Yeah I don't really have much to say other than this routine is right up my alley and Jourdan has some killer legs. Both dancers are so under-rated here it kills me. Also lol @ them calling this song Work Work. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#26: "Long Road to Hell" Bridget & Emilio Ray Leeper Jazz

This is probably one of my more unpopular placements from, but I loooooooooooooooooved all of Ray's work this season and I'm not even a little bit ashamed. I will say it's fairly obvious that Bridget was sick this week, because she seems slightly underwhelming and tentative, but I love how sleek and cool this style and Emilio really kills it imo carrying on his flawless semi final run (Nightshift aside). All in all they were the perfect couple to really sell this slightly tongue in cheeky sexy cool routine. Just wish they hadn't performed first so they could have survived crying.gif

#25: "Bossa Nova Baby" Ricky & (Lauren) Mandy Moore Jazz

So this is the Mandy Moore style I love, just super fun, intricate style. And Lauren is the absolute star of this, and no wonder considering her past record of working with Mandy (Boogie Shooz, Oh Yeah, Another One Bites the Dust and this). I just wish everything had a teeny bit more polish. Like there are a few of the quicker sections that seemed a little rushed, but when it works it really works (like the section in the middle where's just the clapping beat and they hit every beat of it. Most of all though it showed that Ricky would be able to hold his own against any all-star because as Season 7 proved, Lauren is a formidable dancer to share a stage with. Loved this.

CODE
[b]#28: "Pearls" Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary[/b]
[b]#27: "Work Bitch" Jourdan & Marcquet Sean Cheesman Jazz[/b]
[b]#26: "Long Road to Hell" Bridget & Emilio Ray Leeper Jazz[/b]
[b]#25: "Bossa Nova Baby" Ricky & (Lauren) Mandy Moore Jazz[/b]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 27th 2014, 12:38 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MissXulia
post Oct 27th 2014, 7:57 PM
Post #4802

Group: Members

Wow... I don't care for Work Bitch and Long Road to Hell at all, Bossa Nova Baby is something that I always kinda forget about (though it is good). But Pearls is amazing wub.gif

--------------------
tumblr | last.fm | SYTYCD Lists
IPB Image
tvus7: luke wade. taylor phelan. reagan james. matt mcandrew.
xfuk11: fleur east. only the young. jay james. jack walton.
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 28th 2014, 6:32 PM
Post #4803

Think I'm just going to steamroll through the rest of this tonight so I can just say it's done.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 29th 2014, 4:28 PM
Post #4804

Ranking the Routines: #24 - #21

#24: "Earth Song" - Jessica & (Will) Mandy Moore Contemporary

This is far higher than it should be. I apologise.

#23: "Heart's A Mess" - Valerie & (Ade) Tyce Diorio Jazz

Between this and last season's "Tied Up" I am starting to wish Tyce did more jazz routines. Granted he did so many awful ones in Season 7 it's a risk, but I absolutely adore the choreography and style here. It's just a shame, and I feel bad saying this, that it is Valerie dancing it. I adore her, but she just looked heavy throughout this. She sells the emotion but when you look at her movement something is up. Ade kills this obvs, but yeah love the concept and style, just wish it was more polished/accomplished in the movement. p.s. Valerie looks stunning in this.

#22: "Good Kisser" - Rudy & Tanisha Dave Scott Hip-hop

I kinda hate myself for saying this, but the first time I watched this I watched Rudy and I hated it, then I watched Tanisha and it all made sense. This is Tanisha's finest moment on the show, she makes every move look sleek and strong and she really does just embody sensuality and ease in her skin tight attire which only makes the pictures she creates more amazing. Rudy doesn't do badly by any means (and he does some hip shaking which is only ever appreciated), but he is like the straight man to Tanisha's starring role.

#21: "F For You" - Ray Leeper Jazz

This routine is so completely my kind of routine. Really sharp ambiguous fierce jazz routine that uses so many of the songs beats with two great dancers to perform it. Like this routine didn't show us anything we didn't already know about either dancer, but it really showed off their technique and aforementioned fierceness (well moreso Ricky, Jessica's "fierceness" for the most part came off as contrived to me but whatever). Not as good as Primative from last year, but totally finale worthy and I really hope if Sonya Tayeh is too busy with Martha Graham next season (positivity) that this is the Ray we see a lot of.

CODE
[b]#24: "Earth Song" - Jessica & (Will) Mandy Moore Contemporary[/b]
[b]#23: "Heart's A Mess" - Valerie & (Ade) Tyce Diorio Jazz[/b]
[b]#22: "Good Kisser" - Rudy & Tanisha Dave Scott Hip-hop[/b]
[b]#21: "F For You" - Ray Leeper Jazz[/b]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 29th 2014, 4:34 PM
Post #4805

My Top 20 Routines of Season 11

Showcase
"Hell Yeah" - Serge & Brooklyn Dmitry Chaplin Cha-cha
"Sing" - Zack & Valarie Anthony Marigeratto Tap
"Take It Easy" - Rudy & Carly Stacey Tookey Contemporary
"I'm A Freak" - Nick & Tanisha Louis Van Amstel Cha-cha

Top 20 Perform
"You Need" - Rudy & Tanisha Sonya Tayeh Jazz
"Latch" - Serge & Carly Sonya Tayeh Contemporary
"I've Got Your Number" - Stanley & Malene Spencer Liff Broadway

Top 18 Perform
"Disappear" - Marcquet & Jourdan Dee Caspary Contemporary

Top 16 Perform
"The Leaving Song" - Emilio & Bridget Travis Wall Contemporary
"I Put A Spell On You" - Marcquet & Jessica Dmitry Chaplin Foxtrot

Top 14 Perform
"Like Real People Do" - Jessica & Casey Travis Wall Contemporary
"A Cool Cat in Town" - Serge & Carly Jean-Marc Generuex Quickstep
"Turn Down For What" - Ricky & Valerie Pharside & Phoenix Hip-hop

Top 10 Perform
"Get Low" - Emilio & (Jasmine) Nappytabs Hip-hop
"Maps" - Rudy & (Jenna) Louis Van Amstel Cha-cha

Top 8 Perform
"Dirty Diana" - Rudy & (Allison) Ray Leeper Lyrical Jazz

Top 6 Perform
"99 Red Balloons" - Jacque & (Will) Sean Cheesman Contemporary
"Boneless" - Jessica & (Ade) Ray Leeper Jazz
"Dare" - Ricky & (Anya) Jean-Marc Genereux Cha-cha

Top 4 Perform
"The Antidote" - Zack & Ricky Pharside & Phoenix Hip-hop

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Deeee
post Oct 29th 2014, 4:39 PM
Post #4806

Fav. SYTYCD10: Jasmine Harper
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD9: Tiffany Maher

Earth Song: Bland, not good.

Heart's A Mess: ATROCIOUS. I liked the style Tyce was going for, but not only did Valerie phone in the performance, but she's such a heavy dancer unfortunately and the routine ends up looking really bad.

Good Kisser: Agree with your write-up. Rudy is solid, but this routine is all Tanisha and definitely her strongest showing. She fabulous and her control of her body is fantastic. This routine is so slinky, sexy, and I love it so much.

F For You: I really enjoyed this routine! Which makes me happy because "Boneless" the previous week was terrible. But anyways, this routine was super sharp and fierce and surprisingly highlighted Jessica's talent way more than Ricky's. I think Ricky is much more suited to a fluid style so his lines often were a bit off and he just wasn't snapping as quickly as Jessica could. But solid overall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aritzia
post Oct 29th 2014, 7:16 PM
Post #4807

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD4: Mark Kanemura
Fav. SYTYCD EVER: Ricky Ubeda

#24: "Earth Song" - Jessica & (Will) Mandy Moore Contemporary - I loved this. I thought the dancing was powerful overall, Will was incredible, but I didn't quite understand Jessica's red dress. Thrilled that this is included on tour.
#23: "Heart's A Mess" - Valerie & (Ade) Tyce Diorio Jazz - I agree with you. As a jazz routine, it was well-choreographed. As much as I love Valerie, she really struggled with this and I agree with you that she was really heavy in this.
#22: "Good Kisser" - Rudy & Tanisha Dave Scott Hip-hop - This is STILL Tanisha's dance. She is on fire with the dancing, character and sensuality. On tour, I didn't even look at Rudy during this dance, lol
#21: "F For You" - Ray Leeper Jazz I agree with you (I seem to be doing that a lot , lol). This is still one of my favourite dances of the season so I would have placed it much higher. Still re-watch this quite a bit. I thought Jessica and Ricky were well matched here. It was also wonderful to see this funkier side of Ricky.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 29th 2014, 8:50 PM
Post #4808

QUOTE(Deeee @ Oct 29th 2014, 9:39 PM) *

Earth Song: Bland, not good.

Heart's A Mess: ATROCIOUS. I liked the style Tyce was going for, but not only did Valerie phone in the performance, but she's such a heavy dancer unfortunately and the routine ends up looking really bad.

Good Kisser: Agree with your write-up. Rudy is solid, but this routine is all Tanisha and definitely her strongest showing. She fabulous and her control of her body is fantastic. This routine is so slinky, sexy, and I love it so much.

F For You: I really enjoyed this routine! Which makes me happy because "Boneless" the previous week was terrible. But anyways, this routine was super sharp and fierce and surprisingly highlighted Jessica's talent way more than Ricky's. I think Ricky is much more suited to a fluid style so his lines often were a bit off and he just wasn't snapping as quickly as Jessica could. But solid overall.

Earth Song: Yeah looking back it was bland, but at the very least it was good.
Heart's A Mess: I didn't quite think it was atrocious, but I would have liked to see it with another dancer (Carly would be my no.1 choice)
Good Kisser: Exactly yes.gif
F For You: Boneless has yet to appear so you can peace with you shade.

QUOTE(Aritzia @ Oct 30th 2014, 12:16 AM) *

#24: "Earth Song" - Jessica & (Will) Mandy Moore Contemporary - I loved this. I thought the dancing was powerful overall, Will was incredible, but I didn't quite understand Jessica's red dress. Thrilled that this is included on tour.
#23: "Heart's A Mess" - Valerie & (Ade) Tyce Diorio Jazz - I agree with you. As a jazz routine, it was well-choreographed. As much as I love Valerie, she really struggled with this and I agree with you that she was really heavy in this.
#22: "Good Kisser" - Rudy & Tanisha Dave Scott Hip-hop - This is STILL Tanisha's dance. She is on fire with the dancing, character and sensuality. On tour, I didn't even look at Rudy during this dance, lol
#21: "F For You" - Ray Leeper Jazz I agree with you (I seem to be doing that a lot , lol). This is still one of my favourite dances of the season so I would have placed it much higher. Still re-watch this quite a bit. I thought Jessica and Ricky were well matched here. It was also wonderful to see this funkier side of Ricky.

#24: Will is always incredible wub.gif Don't quite get the dress either in hindsight
#23: yes.gif
#22: This is one of the routines I would love to see live. Well no. Tanisha dancing it live
#21: I have no problem with people agreeing with me haha.gif Yeah it was nice to see a lighter side of Ricky after all his contemporary angst-fests

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Oct 29th 2014, 9:05 PM
Post #4809

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

I won't go back and comment on the set(s) I missed, but I want to say I agree with you on Tanisha's tango. It's a style that relies so much on atmosphere, but they give Tanisha a dress made out of last year's christmas wrapping wacko.gif I think I'd still rank it higher than you though.

#28: "Pearls" Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary Sometimes I think Tyce walks in to the rehearsal room thinking "I'm gonna get me an Emmy today" and choreographs with that in mind and what results is something really forced and over the top in emotion. This is one of those instances. I totally agree on Valerie (and Zack, tbh) though.
#27: "Work Bitch" Jourdan & Marcquet Sean Cheesman Jazz This was cool but had potential to be so much more.
#26: "Long Road to Hell" Bridget & Emilio Ray Leeper Jazz I like this a lot. I think Emilio dances this a little too much like it's a hip-hop routine while Bridget is too contemporary, but it's still a cool piece of choreography. Wayyy too much red though cold.gif
#25: "Bossa Nova Baby" Ricky & (Lauren) Mandy Moore Jazz I know I said that NMQP or Piano Man was my season favourite, and I probably should continue pretending that's the case, but tbh, this routine is my true favourite bobo.gif

]b]#24: "Earth Song" - Jessica & (Will) Mandy Moore Contemporary[/b] I need to rewatch this. All I remember was Will being magnificent and Jessica's really pretty but out of place dress. But my Watch Later list on Youtube has over 200 videos, so who knows when I'll get to this? haha.gif
#23: "Heart's A Mess" - Valerie & (Ade) Tyce Diorio Jazz I didn't enjoy this routine much. And as much as I love her, this did expose Val's weaknesses.
#22: "Good Kisser" - Rudy & Tanisha Dave Scott Hip-hop Hate this. Tanisha did what she could, but Rudy was pretty tragic in a routine built for mature and sexy dancers.
#21: "F For You" - Ray Leeper Jazz I like this a lot as well. I think I like it better than Primitive.

This post has been edited by HeckYeahSYTYCD: Oct 29th 2014, 9:06 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SCD12: Jake & Janette, Mark & Karen, Frankie & Kevin, Steve & Ola
SYTYCD11: Ricky, Valerie, Emily, Casey
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 31st 2014, 5:54 PM
Post #4810

Thought I wasnt going to go out tonight, ended up drinking at a pub with uni friends and going to a beer hall instead.

And now I am going to post the rest of my list kinda hammered! Because with drink comes the truth

OH and I came out to another of my friends and he was totally cool with it so another win for tonight. Not that expect any of me friends to have a problem because I don't hang about with assholes but still. Irrational fears and all that.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
buffmetube
post Oct 31st 2014, 6:02 PM
Post #4811

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(Harkins @ Oct 31st 2014, 3:54 PM) *

OH and I came out to another of my friends and he was totally cool with it so another win for tonight. Not that expect any of me friends to have a problem because I don't hang about with assholes but still. Irrational fears and all that.

Nice. Yeah I know what that is like. I'm out to most of my friends now, but of course as you go thru life you make new friends and such. I just try and be really up front and make comments and stuff that obviously ID me as gheyy.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD 11: Serge. Carly. Tanisha. Emilio / sig: Jess
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Oct 31st 2014, 7:23 PM
Post #4812

Ranking the Routines: #20 - #17

#20: "Dirty Diana" - Rudy & (Allison) Ray Leeper Jazz

Micheal Jackson was such a disappointment that this being a good routine just makes it stand out all the more. Ray managed to overcome the the complete outdated of the song but creating a routine almost completely comprised of set pieces that made it engaging and epic from beginning to end. Add to that Allison who can anything look like a dramatic masterpiece and the most powerful male dancer from the season and it made for a stunning routine, albeit not quite as stunning as I remember

#19: "Hell Yeah" - Serge & Brooklyn Dmitry Chaplin Cha-cha

This would be perfect if it wasn't for two small things getting in the way of my enjoyment... 1. Serge's haircut 2. Brooklyn. UGH BROOKLYN THO. She was soooooooooooooooo bad in this and she got to danced with Serge so I'm bitter and jealous. AND she got to dance with Artem on DWTS this week as well rolleyes.gif I mean Serge killed this routine and while it isn't my favourite choreography he makes it enjoyable and really manages to shine in a rotuine where Brooklyn struggles with some of the basics of cha-cha. I mean her balance is off, her footwork is sloppy and yeah. We all know Serge is the reason this is so high anyway. I also very much enjoyed the section after the beat dropped at the very end.

#18: "99 Red Balloons" - Jacque & (Will) Sean Cheesman Contemporary

I think we were all worried about the use of a ball as a prop, but this was so much more amazing than I could have ever imagined. It is a perfectly lovely routine that doesn't need big moments, rather it just floats by gorgeous to watch as it unfolds. Will once again proves he is just the most naturally joyous ever and Jacque is also gorgeous throughout this. I really don't have much else to say other than it was just absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to watch.

#17: "Sing" - Zack & Valerie Anthony Marigeratto Tap

Entertaining tap is entertaining. Loved the choreography, loved the style, loved the dancing. Simples.

CODE
[b]#20: "Dirty Diana" - Rudy & (Allison) Ray Leeper Jazz[/b]
[b]#19: "Hell Yeah" - Serge & Brooklyn Dmitry Chaplin Cha-cha[/b]
[b]#18: "99 Red Balloons" - Jacque & (Will) Sean Cheesman Contemporary[/b]
[b]#17: "Sing" - Zack & Valerie Anthony Marigeratto Tap[/b]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Nov 1st 2014, 9:52 PM
Post #4813

Haven't stopped watching this since it happened like two weeks

Blows my mind how amazing these dancers are.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Nov 1st 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #4814

P.s. Serge snapchats photos of alan alot. Like at pool parties, when alans asleep. Why would I ever write a fanfic when thry do it for me?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Nov 1st 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #4815

Dirty Diana is too low. noexpression.gif

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Twitter.
01: kelly. nikki. ryan. 02: kimberly. kimberley. 03: jon. fantasia. george.
jennifer. 04: bo. nadia. mikalah. 05: chris. katharine. 06: blake. chris. gina.
melinda. jordin. 07: david. carly. syesha. david. michael. brooke. 08: kris. michael.
allison. danny. 09: lee. crystal. aaron. tim. didi. 10: james. paul. 11: colton.
phillip. erika. elise. skylar. 12: angie. candice. kree. 13: jessica. jena. sam.
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Nov 2nd 2014, 7:21 AM
Post #4816

IPB Image

3 of my 5 favourite SYTYCDers are in a show together. And I'm stuck here in Scotland. LE SIGH.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Nov 3rd 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #4817

Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Nov 1st 2014, 9:14 PM) *

Dirty Diana is too low. noexpression.gif

I was going to say too high. ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
SYTYCD11 ROBBED
credit: sublymonal

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Nov 3rd 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #4818

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

QUOTE(boogieshooz @ Nov 3rd 2014, 9:13 PM) *

applause.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
#HollStein
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right. Jonas 1998 - 2014
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Nov 3rd 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #4819

QUOTE(boogieshooz @ Nov 3rd 2014, 10:13 PM) *
QUOTE(totes4totes @ Nov 3rd 2014, 10:16 PM) *
applause.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by jstxanothrxstory: Nov 3rd 2014, 10:17 PM

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Twitter.
01: kelly. nikki. ryan. 02: kimberly. kimberley. 03: jon. fantasia. george.
jennifer. 04: bo. nadia. mikalah. 05: chris. katharine. 06: blake. chris. gina.
melinda. jordin. 07: david. carly. syesha. david. michael. brooke. 08: kris. michael.
allison. danny. 09: lee. crystal. aaron. tim. didi. 10: james. paul. 11: colton.
phillip. erika. elise. skylar. 12: angie. candice. kree. 13: jessica. jena. sam.
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Nov 17th 2014, 6:40 PM
Post #4820

New goal: Finish Season 11 list before Season 12 starts.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post

241 Pages V « < 239 240 241
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 11:12 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol