Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2011-12-09 All On the Line with Joe Zee, Adam will make a guest appearance
madamimadam
post Nov 22nd 2011, 3:45 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Nov 22nd 2011, 2:39 PM) *

Adam Lambert talks 'Joe Zee' guest stint, evolved fashion tastes, and new album 'Trespassing' -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
by Erin Strecker
Adam Lambert is ready to show you a different side of himself. Right after the singer exploded on the scene as the runner-up on American Idol‘s season 8, it seemed you couldn’t open a magazine or turn on the radio without hearing about Lambert. (Not, of course, that we’re complaining.) He was everywhere: the Idol tour, rocking the house with his performances, and stirring up controversy on the American Music Awards and in photo spreads.

But recently, our favorite glam rocker has seemed quiet. But Glamberts should fear not: that’s all about to change.
Adam-Lambert-Joe-Zee

The singer went back to the scene of the crime as an American Music Awards presenter this past weekend, got down with Queen at the European Music Awards this month, and even tried his hand at reality TV again, shooting a guest appearance giving his one-of-a-kind style advice to struggling designers on the new season of All On the Line with Joe Zee, premiering Friday on Sundance (Lambert’s episode airs Dec. 9; exclusive photos from his appearance above and below). Not to mention he’s been prepping his next big album.

EW caught up with Lambert and he gave us the scoop on what’s coming next. Check out what he had to say about:

Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 39¢ an issue!

The Fashion. You don’t get to be known as the glam rocker for nothing, but Lambert’s loud fashion tastes may be quieting down.“I think [on Idol] I was really attracted to flashier, tackier fashion,” he says. “I think there’s a beauty in tacky fashion. Even some of the pop performers of the past decade, it’s real sparkly and flashy and I was trying to do my best homage to the late ‘70s glam rock idea, with the rhinestones and feathers, stuff that was as out-there and ridiculous as possible.”

And between reading the European fashion mags and growing up a bit, don’t be surprised if you see a slightly different-looking Lambert these days. “I’ve kind of started to tone it down in the respect that [my look] is not as flashy now. It’s still different and avant-garde, but it’s a bit more chic; a bit more designer as opposed to Vegas.” With all that passion, is there any chance Lambert will be starting his own line? “I’d love to work on my own fashion line, accessory line, shoes or something,” he shares. “[But] obviously right now I’m focused on my music.”

Still, Lambert’s connection to fashion made him a perfect fit to go on Joe Zee, an opportunity Lambert says was a real privilege.”[Zee] is such an intelligent, creative guy and we just hit it off really well,” he says. Lambert will guest on the show known as “fashion bootcamp,” assisting Zee and giving tough love to designers struggling to find their vision and voice.

The Music. As if anyone could forget. The “Whataya Want From Me” and “For Your Entertainment” singer is hard at work on his sophomore album, Trespassing, and expects it to be released early next year with the first single, the just-announced “Better Than I Know Myself” (which he promises will be upbeat) dropping next month.

This time around, Lambert executive produced his record, and started writing material last February. “The style [on the new album] is a little bit evolved,” he says. “I think the last album I was trying to update the style of the late ‘70s, early ‘80s with the glam rock and with rock music on a whole visually and aesthetically. I think this album is more in the direction of contemporary again. It’s fresh and it’s something people maybe haven’t heard before. Lyrically, it’s very honest and real.”

It may be emotionally real, but you should still be ready to dance. (He’s working with Nile Rodgers!) Lambert says he’s been seriously influenced by dubstep, as well as, surprisingly, the dance music currently being blasted on the radio. “I love Top 40. I eat it up,” he says. “We’ve been trying to take great songs and then as far as the production and the sonic nature of them, we try to give them a funk sensibility. I think it’s a really cool new sound.”

The Cause. And, of course, Lambert is also a role model for gay youth, making an “It Gets Better” video and appearing on the cover of The Advocate last month. Most touching of all? His new song “Outlaws of Love” is about gay marriage, a haunting and beautiful ballad he wrote in response to the hate he was seeing around him and in the news. “Love is such a beautiful thing,” he says. “When you’re lucky enough to find love it’s one of the greatest feelings in the world. And the particular challenge for gay people, and particularly gay men, from my perspective, is [that] monogamy and true love works. Because we are brought up in a society that tells us it’s wrong.”

“Outlaws of Love” deals with these themes of feeling like an outsider in a world that feels like it may be out against you. “I mean, it’s a tough life,” he says. “And contrary to popular belief, it’s not a f—ing choice.”.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/22/adam-lam...-music-joe-zee/

Gorgeous pic!!!!

IPB Image

Little Bee: Post something and have Istersay make you OP.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

It seems that we might be able to see the show a few days before December 9 through this site:

http://sundancechannel.ca/schedule/schedule.aspx

sundancecanada SundanceChannel.ca
First look at @AdamLambert on #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee! http://ht.ly/7Calg via @EW ! Look for this episode airing in December!

@ @oriharakaoru for s2 we usually air a few days before the states which would make that episode Dec6 but I'm confirming with programming dept

@ @oriharakaoru also make sure you watch #All On the Line tonight! It's the Season 2 premiere. @MrJoeZee

Guess who’s back? #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee Season 2 premieres tonight at 8 pm ET then at 10 pm the history of make-up on #LoveLust

you've got it!! RT @oriharakaoru: @sundancecanada Oh thank you! Watching now! grin.gif So every Tuesday at 8, eh? Yay! @mrjoezee

Got a fantastic response to today's @AdamLambert on #AllOnTheLine tweet! Lot's of fans of excited that #Glambert is coming to Sundance!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
takema
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #3

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 22nd 2011, 11:03 PM) *

It seems that we might be able to see the show a few days before December 9 through this site:

http://sundancechannel.ca/schedule/schedule.aspx
First look at @AdamLambert on #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee! http://ht.ly/7Calg via @EW ! Look for this episode airing in December!

@ @oriharakaoru for s2 we usually air a few days before the states which would make that episode Dec6 but I'm confirming with programming dept

@ @oriharakaoru also make sure you watch #All On the Line tonight! It's the Season 2 premiere. @MrJoeZee

Guess who’s back? #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee Season 2 premieres tonight at 8 pm ET then at 10 pm the history of make-up on #LoveLust

you've got it!! RT @oriharakaoru: @sundancecanada Oh thank you! Watching now! grin.gif So every Tuesday at 8, eh? Yay! @mrjoezee

Got a fantastic response to today's @AdamLambert on #AllOnTheLine tweet! Lot's of fans of excited that #Glambert is coming to Sundance!

So wait, we get this channel in Canada and it airs two days earlier. Off to look for this channel on my guide!!! w00t.gif

YAY! I found it. If you have Rogers Digitaal cable it's channel 331

This post has been edited by takema: Nov 22nd 2011, 10:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

BOO! I don't get that channel. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Sucks...I don't get it either...

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Nov 22nd 2011, 10:32 PM) *

BOO! I don't get that channel. sad.gif

But Happy Birthday anyway....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 22nd 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(loveroftalent @ Nov 22nd 2011, 10:49 PM) *

But Happy Birthday anyway....

Thank you! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 23rd 2011, 6:40 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Crap! I thought for once us Canadians would get the 'scoop'!!!

Just got word that the @AdamLambert ep. of #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee will premiere December 13 on Sundance Channel http://ht.ly/7DtQr

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
fangurl1964
post Nov 23rd 2011, 7:00 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 23rd 2011, 6:40 PM) *

Just got word that the @AdamLambert ep. of #AllOnTheLine with @MrJoeZee will premiere December 13 on Sundance Channel http://ht.ly/7DtQr

At least you can take comfort in the fact that it will be on YT within minutes of it airing haha.gif That is the only way I will see it since i only get 15 channels.

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 23rd 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 23rd 2011, 6:40 PM) *

What channel is that in Canada, anyway? I don't think that i have it, but I'm not sure?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
takema
post Nov 23rd 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Nov 23rd 2011, 8:05 PM) *

What channel is that in Canada, anyway? I don't think that i have it, but I'm not sure?

Sundance, channel 331 on Rogers, not sure what it is if you have satellite

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 23rd 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(takema @ Nov 23rd 2011, 11:13 PM) *

Sundance, channel 331 on Rogers, not sure what it is if you have satellite

Ewww. I have Cogeco. And just regular cable. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
glamberts
post Nov 24th 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Nov 23rd 2011, 11:39 PM) *

Ewww. I have Cogeco. And just regular cable. sad.gif

Sundance is a channel created from the Sundance Film Festival in Utah that Robert Redford started. They show mostly independent films and have some original programming as well. Sometimes it's a paid channel and sometimes it's part of the basic package. Depends on your provider.

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 24th 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(glamberts @ Nov 24th 2011, 12:02 AM) *

Sundance is a channel created from the Sundance Film Festival in Utah that Robert Redford started. They show mostly independent films and have some original programming as well. Sometimes it's a paid channel and sometimes it's part of the basic package. Depends on your provider.

I don't even see it listed on my line-up, or on any of the available packages. I think Rogers does, though.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lolly2365
post Nov 25th 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #14

@accesshollywood Access Exclusive: Adam Lambert Learns Less Is More: http://accesshollywood.com/_video_1370346

http://twitter.com/#!/accesshollywood/...168967779127297

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 25th 2011, 4:16 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Lulu2365 @ Nov 25th 2011, 4:06 PM) *

@accesshollywood Access Exclusive: Adam Lambert Learns Less Is More: http://accesshollywood.com/_video_1370346
http://twitter.com/#!/accesshollywood/...168967779127297

Can someone rip that, please?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 25th 2011, 5:08 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPA7sBdk14

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GU9V283Q
grin.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Nov 25th 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 25th 2011, 5:08 PM) *

OMG.....He is so gorgeous!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 25th 2011, 7:16 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Love it!

mindchnger LOL "I WOULDN'T SAY I'M A CONTROL FREAK" PER SE.... http://i.imgur.com/LHNKe.gif TY FYE NONNY grin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
AdamLuva
post Nov 25th 2011, 7:37 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI7: David Cook

Love that jacket...it has his style written all over it...can't wait to see him strolling down the red carpet in it! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you Ashline!
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 25th 2011, 8:31 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 25th 2011, 7:16 PM) *

Love it!

mindchnger LOL "I WOULDN'T SAY I'M A CONTROL FREAK" PER SE.... http://i.imgur.com/LHNKe.gif TY FYE NONNY grin.gif

IPB Image

haha.gif Oh Adam!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 20th 2014, 1:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol