Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

220 Pages V « < 218 219 220   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Aug 27th 2014, 9:25 PM
Post #4381

Group: NX Subscribers

SYTYCD: Season 11
Ranking the Routines: Top 4 Perform

Group Routine Thoughts:
Top 4: Travis Wall Contemporary

The thinking behind the routine was such a great thing to have on the show and I think it was pulled off with a class I didn't think it would have been. All 4 dancers looked comfortable and yeah it was just such a nice message backed by really quite touching moments in the choreography. And if we can get past the feeling, not a single one of them looked out of place at all throughout the whole routine, they're all pretty damn good contemporary dancers. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that I hate the song, but it fdid fit in the music and I've got a feeling that they picked the least offensive song ever, just incase people already took offense to the movement.

#10: Jessica & Valerie Nakul Dev Mahajan "Ghagra"

This is the only routine not on the Fox youtube, which can't be a good sign. I actially think ghtis started quite well if a tad simple. Once again about the midpoint alarie kinda ran out of steam. I didn't hate this like everyone else seemed too, obviously it wasn't all that impressive and a few of the movements just seemed really out of place, but yeah didn't hate it.

#09: Valerie & Ricky Sean Cheesman Afro-Jazz "Voices of Savannah"

This was alright, I think Ricky really outdanced Valerie though, I know Sean said some movements were meant to look losse, but it wasn't so much loose on her part as tired, especially towards the end. But it was an alright start to the night I guess.

#08: Jessica & Zack Spencer Liff Broadway "Hernado's Hideaway"

I think they both started off decently in character, Jessica looked every inch a woman walking down the stairs, but as soon as they started the side-by side they completely lost the character for me. I think Jessica's mugging is her biggest weakness to me and Zack didn't really have any sensuality to me, he just smiled his through. In terms of dancing and choreography though? Probably my favourite broadway of the season. It's just a shame that Jessica really fell in and out of character because she could have really sold the whole routine if she had. But I did very much enjoy it.

#07: Ricky & (Kathryn) Stacey Tookey "Not About Angels"

I really really wished they'd stopping dimming the lights for effect or to set the mood. You can have a perfectly touching moving routine in full lighting. Now onto the routine, this was stunning. I don't think Kathryn had the same presence as she usually has as an all-star, but that could be because I found it very hard not to look at Ricky blowing my mind. I mean when they were dancing in close enough proximity that I could watch them both I did, but this was the Ricky show for me. So great.

#06: Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary "Pearls"

And in stark contrast to the Broadway that proceeded it we have Valarie completely nailing this character wise from both a performance and movement aspect. I think some dancers would say OH IM BLIND ILL CLOSE MY EYES DONE. But she completely nailed the concept of dancing like you could't see. She let Zack lead her when he needed to, waited for him when she needed to and really looked like she was feeling out the stage with her movements. And the fact her face lit up whenever he held her was just so heartwarming. I've only talked about Valarie so far and to that effect I don't really have much to say about Zack, he did what he was told to, but ironically he was just quite invisible to me in this piece. But still a solid dance for him.

#=05: Zack & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Piano Man"

Thank god the show found Anthony because he constantly just knows how to make Tap enjoyable and fun to watch. I will say that despite me totally getting why he used Piano Man for the story there are times the tap rhythms seems out of place, like Zack's solo at the very at the very start didn't work for me and neither did the end of the "conversation" bit. It was really only when they were doing the side by side stuff and after they synced up with each other that I really got sucked in and started enjoying it. But when they did get into it it was just so effortlessly impressive. It's still in the bottom 2 tap routines we've seen in the last two seasons (both all-star routines tonight are), but as I say once they really got together I very much enjoyed it

#=05: Valarie & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Love Me or Leave Me"

The main take away for the tap routines tonight is that I so much prefer when Anthony uses a Modern asthetic and music. This was still good mind and I think the routine as a whole worked better from start to finish than Zack's purely because they were really on it whenever they needed to be and the back and forth sections were more akin to When I Was Your Man which did it flawlessly. So yeah still a step down from Sing to me but the better of the tap routines tonight marginally in that it was consistently better throughout, but when Piano Man was good, it was better. YOU KNOW WHAT LET'S JUST CALL THEM EQUAL

#03: Ricky & Zack Pharside & Pheonix Hip-hop "The Antidote"

I think me and the producers need to have words about how they gave these two a hip-hop for their top two number, but neither Aaron and FikShun OR Amy and Jasmine got hip-hop for theirs. BUT WHATEVER I LOVED THIS. I don't think it's quite the hip-hop of the season that everyonein GD is claiming it to be, but both of these dancers killed it. And the choreography was amazing. I loved the side by side stuff an the partner was so inventive and it was all used to really further the "fight" thing. I mean I can't wait to have Serge and Emilio dance this in my redo wub.gif But these two really suited the routine and yeah Loved it.

#02: Jessica & (Robert) Travis Wall "When I Go"

Please see my note about the lighting. Alhough the red tones didn't annoy me as much as the pitch black of Ricky's routine. I totally think Jessia won the all-star round for me, there wasn't much dancing if you look at it on the whole but what there was, was executed flawlessly and the attitude and feel of the routine was totally there. It was a very atmospheric, dark number which was pulled off with aplomb.

#01: Jessica & Ricky Ray Leeper Jazz "F For You"

Ray Leeper Jazz? COURSE I LOVED IT. Both dancers matched each other step for step and the whole routine seemed tailor made to really let them shine. They were both sharp, athletic and really quite fierce. This is the type of slightly outhere, visually interesting Jazz routine I love and it's probably the closest thing to ADT we're going to get on the US stage (not counting Garry Stewart) and I loved it.

CODE
[b]#10: Jessica & Valerie Nakul Dev Mahajan "Ghagra"[/b]
[b]#09: Valerie & Ricky Sean Cheesman Afro-Jazz "Voices of Savannah"[/b]
[b]#08: Jessica & Zack Spencer Liff Broadway "Hernado's Hideaway"[/b]
[b]#07: Ricky & (Kathryn) Stacey Tookey "Not About Angels"[/b]
[b]#06: Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary "Pearls"[/b]
[b]#=05: Zack & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Piano Man"[/b]
[b]#=05: Valarie & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Love Me or Leave Me"[/b]
[b]#03: Ricky & Zack Pharside & Pheonix Hip-hop "The Antidote"[/b]
[b]#02: Jessica & (Robert) Travis Wall "When I Go"[/b]
[b]#01: Jessica & Ricky Ray Leeper Jazz "F For You"[/b]

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 27th 2014, 9:25 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Harkins
post Aug 28th 2014, 7:36 AM
Post #4382

Top updated. Didn't hate any routines, but at the same time none of them would be like my faves of the season.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Zoey0069
post Aug 28th 2014, 8:25 AM
Post #4383

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD8: Tadd Gadduang
Fav. SYTYCD10: Hayley Erbert

Valerie was atrocious.
Zack got out danced by Ricky (when isn't Zack the best all rounder this show has ever seen? LOL IDF)
Jessica was amazing! I've always been let down by her and she killed every routine tonight. That Contemporary was STUNNING.
Ricky gave his best performance in the Hip-Hop.

--------------------
andrelliott rock ..
IPB Image
bb15: ashleigh pav helen christopher sytycd: carly rudy tanisha casey bridget
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Aug 28th 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #4384

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

ADT would never choreograph that Ricky and Jessica jazz.

(or maybe they would just never choose that song).

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Aug 28th 2014, 2:08 PM
Post #4385

Agreed with your comments in the top 4 routine. heart.gif The song was a small letdown for me as well, but overall it was an amazing routine and I loved that they looked comfortable and not out of place indeed. yes.gif

I need to rewatch everything from last night but here are my comments...

#10: Jessica & Valerie Nakul Dev Mahajan "Ghagra" - Meh. Didn't like this at all.
#09: Valerie & Ricky Sean Cheesman Afro-Jazz "Voices of Savannah" - I quite liked it.
#08: Jessica & Zack Spencer Liff Broadway "Hernado's Hideaway" - Didn't disliked it, but it was one of my least favorites of the night.
#07: Ricky & (Kathryn) Stacey Tookey "Not About Angels" - Ehhh. I've seen this a million times before.
#06: Valerie & Zack Tyce Diorio Contemporary "Pearls" - My favorite contemporary of the night heart.gif
#=05: Zack & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Piano Man" - The song was just ermm.gif it should've been something way more fun. But it was an amazing routine nevertheless.
#=05: Valarie & (Aaron) Anthony Marigeratto Tap "Love Me or Leave Me" - I preferred Aaron and Zack's to this one.
#03: Ricky & Zack Pharside & Pheonix Hip-hop "The Antidote" - LOVED. Favorite of the night. And yes, Ricky was better. (Now I kinda wish it was him in "Sail" last week...)
#02: Jessica & (Robert) Travis Wall "When I Go" - I really need to rewatch it because I don't really remember it well fear.gif
#01: Jessica & Ricky Ray Leeper Jazz "F For You" - Same. But I do remember liking it a lot.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Aug 28th 2014, 9:34 PM
Post #4386

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Aug 28th 2014, 4:59 PM) *

ADT would never choreograph that Ricky and Jessica jazz.

(or maybe they would just never choose that song).

I agree with the second statement.

Just had my leaving night out with my summer job and now I'm just super upset that I won't see all the staff on a near daily basis. Like super upset. But I'm going back to my old job in Glasgow so hopefully I make similar connections with the staff there. Super upset. And kinda drunk.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Aug 28th 2014, 10:02 PM
Post #4387

Fav. SYTYCD2: Ivan Koumaev
Fav. SYTYCD7: Kent Boyd
Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham

Jessica has your Top 2 routines of the finale. wub.gif

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JOHNS. 1978-2014.
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 2:09 PM
Post #4388

Started watching Season 10 again an I've already figure there are going to be some major changes from my weekly rankings to my megapost.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 2:37 PM
Post #4389

Also because I feel like it I will be ranking the group routines as well. Factors affecting their placement will include (but not be limited to) if Serge is in it. That's all.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
boogieshooz
post Yesterday, 3:15 PM
Post #4390

Fav. SYTYCDC4: Melissa Mitro
Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCDNL: Lorenzo Bottazzi

So, The Quickstep is going to be #1? innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
SYTYCD11 ROBBED
credit: sublymonal

+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 3:18 PM
Post #4391

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 5:08 PM
Post #4392

Decided I can't really to be bother ranking 80 routines right now so the priority of my lists will now be:

S11 groups
Top 4 dancers list
then S11 routines maybe.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 6:16 PM
Post #4393

Got my Top 40 dancer list ready to go! I'll make the thread tomorrow.

Breakdown is 23 men/17 ladies, but then my Top 10 is 8/2 and the Top 5 is all guys icecream.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Today, 3:22 PM
Post #4394

Somebody just said in the spoiler thread for whatever reason that Serge was the worst guy this season. I almost snapped. But instead I will LOL at that user in here.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Aritzia
post Today, 4:00 PM
Post #4395

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD4: Mark Kanemura
Fav. SYTYCD 11 Ricky Ubeda

As soon as I read that comment about Serge, I knew IDF would freak smile.gif . I need that popcorn eating gif that one of y'all have laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Today, 4:02 PM
Post #4396

I'd hate to disappoint haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post

220 Pages V « < 218 219 220
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 1st 2014, 8:49 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol