Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1149 Pages V « < 1147 1148 1149   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic Thread
sinycalone
post Yesterday, 1:58 PM
Post #22961

Group: NX Subscribers

If IIRC, Scotty's contract with 19 ended after 2 or 3 years....but his contract with UMG-Mercury is still in effect. He did get a new management firm I believe as soon as his contract with 19 expired...there was no renegotiation as far as I know.

But as been said by others, it seems like each winner was handled differently.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Yesterday, 1:58 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

summerlake
post Yesterday, 3:26 PM
Post #22962

Group: Members

Fav. Judge: Jennifer Lopez
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Jan 28th 2015, 1:58 PM) *

If IIRC, Scotty's contract with 19 ended after 2 or 3 years....but his contract with UMG-Mercury is still in effect. He did get a new management firm I believe as soon as his contract with 19 expired...there was no renegotiation as far as I know.

He is still with 19 recordings and I'm guessing will be as long as he's with UMG/Mercury.

http://coremediagroup.com/19.html

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
tfortexas
post Yesterday, 3:28 PM
Post #22963

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Jan 28th 2015, 12:58 PM) *

I still think it is significant that Scotty's Feelin it video was a UMG production & not 19 as were all his others.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Yesterday, 3:35 PM
Post #22964

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(summerlake @ Jan 28th 2015, 3:26 PM) *

He is still with 19 recordings and I'm guessing will be as long as he's with UMG/Mercury.

http://coremediagroup.com/19.html

Most successful winners are kept on 19 recordings. Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, etc. are all still with them. I don't know if it changed with UMG, but before they kept winners for 5 yrs or if you're successful 5 albums.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Yesterday, 3:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Yesterday, 3:47 PM
Post #22965

19 Management is separate from 19 Recordings, isn't it? 19 Entertainment is listed as having Management and Recording divisions. I think that's one of the issues PP was suing over...

Found this:

19 ENTERTAINMENT
Based in Los Angeles, 19 Entertainment is CORE Media Group's creative production, recording, touring, and artist management arm, responsible for the development and production of both "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance." The company is currently a party to long-term recording agreements with numerous best-selling former contestants including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Fantasia Barrino, Jordin Sparks, and Scotty McCreery. 19 Entertainment also continues to manage a number of "American Idol" winners and finalists, including Phillip Phillips and the most recent season's winner, Caleb Johnson.

As part of CORE Media Group, the company provides a critical platform for the development of new entertainment properties, an unparalleled creative production capability, and the artist management skills required to extend CORE Media Group's branded talent to millions of audiences worldwide.

Notice Scotty is not listed as being managed by 19.

--------------------

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Yesterday, 4:07 PM
Post #22966

Well, knock me over with a feather!!!

My 30-year-old metal-head son (who plays metal guitar and has been in several metal bands) was fixing lunch at my house and, on his own iPhone, was listening to.....Conway Twitty singing Hello Darlin!! What??!!! omg.gif

Turns out he listens to old-time country and likes it - even has a playlist of it, but he doesn't care for most current country music. I had him listen to Scotty's version of Hello Darlin and he loved it. He also listened to both of Scotty's old country medleys and he really liked them. I played Carolina Moon and Buzzin' for him and he liked them as well.

Will wonders never cease? I think I have a new Scotty fan in the house!!! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerlake
post Yesterday, 4:32 PM
Post #22967

Fav. Judge: Jennifer Lopez

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Jan 28th 2015, 3:47 PM) *

19 Management is separate from 19 Recordings, isn't it? 19 Entertainment is listed as having Management and Recording divisions. I think that's one of the issues PP was suing over...

Found this:
Notice Scotty is not listed as being managed by 19.

Yep, Scotty was never managed by 19. After he won, he went with Simon Fuller's XIX which is a separate company. That year, Fuller signed the winner and runner up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ptebwwong
post Yesterday, 4:44 PM
Post #22968

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(summerlake @ Jan 28th 2015, 4:32 PM) *

Yep, Scotty was never managed by 19. After he won, he went with Simon Fuller's XIX which is a separate company. That year, Fuller signed the winner and runner up.

Yes, he was never managed by 19. He was on XIX which he left. However, he's still on 19 Recordings. Any Idol winner or runner-up from S10 until now that was signed after the show is still currently with 19 in terms of recording. In general, most of the successful Idols such as Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry, Jordin, etc. are still on 19 Recordings. Many of them are not on 19 for management or merchandise unless they are in the last 3 seasons of Idol which includes Phillip. The only alums that are with 19 on all 3 aspects (management, recordings, & merchandise) are Phillip & Jessica.

This post has been edited by ptebwwong: Yesterday, 4:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Yesterday, 4:52 PM
Post #22969

From the excerpt I brought over, you could see that Scotty was listed as still being part of 19 Recordings.

Irony: wasn't Simon Fuller working in some executive position at 19 even after he sold that business, and had started XIX? I'm going to guess that Scotty wound up with XIX because he had little choice. And he did leave XIX as soon as he was legally able to.

--------------------

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Post #22970

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Now I don't know if this is going to be Garth, but, the TWC Arena in Charlotte is holding a press conference tomorrow at 11:30 to announce a "Mega artist" concert coming. They book big artists all the time. Taylor and Kenny are both playing the same week in June. But the last time they held a press conference like this was when Paul McCartney came. Garth is the only artist at that level I can think of who is touring. I know he just played Greensboro, but it's quite possible. Every multi year tour he has ever done he has always played Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh at various times during the run. Crossing my fingers and if it is I'm sure it will be all over the press by Noon tomorrow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TorySC
post Today, 8:14 AM
Post #22971

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Jan 28th 2015, 4:07 PM) *

My 30-year-old metal-head son (who plays metal guitar and has been in several metal bands) was fixing lunch at my house and, on his own iPhone, was listening to.....Conway Twitty singing Hello Darlin!! What??!!! omg.gif

Turns out he listens to old-time country and likes it - even has a playlist of it, but he doesn't care for most current country music. I had him listen to Scotty's version of Hello Darlin and he loved it. He also listened to both of Scotty's old country medleys and he really liked them. I played Carolina Moon and Buzzin' for him and he liked them as well.

Will wonders never cease? I think I have a new Scotty fan in the house!!! w00t.gif

thumbsup.gif original.gif Love it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grandmaof7
post Today, 8:31 AM
Post #22972

Fav. Team McCreery 198

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Jan 28th 2015, 11:03 PM) *

Now I don't know if this is going to be Garth, but, the TWC Arena in Charlotte is holding a press conference tomorrow at 11:30 to announce a "Mega artist" concert coming. They book big artists all the time. Taylor and Kenny are both playing the same week in June. But the last time they held a press conference like this was when Paul McCartney came. Garth is the only artist at that level I can think of who is touring. I know he just played Greensboro, but it's quite possible. Every multi year tour he has ever done he has always played Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh at various times during the run. Crossing my fingers and if it is I'm sure it will be all over the press by Noon tomorrow.

I would love it if it was Garth, but didn't he say that he had a contract with cities he performed in not to perform for a year within 200 miles? Maybe I totally misunderstood that, because at this point I can't understand why it would matter if he performed in Charlotte since Greensboro was in Nov. I sure hope it is him and that tickets don't go on sale when I unable to have internet this next week!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Today, 8:58 AM
Post #22973

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Jan 28th 2015, 4:07 PM) *

One metal-head (and in my daughter's case, 'alternative' snob) at a time! thumbsup.gif yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Today, 11:17 AM
Post #22974

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Grandmaof7 @ Jan 29th 2015, 8:31 AM) *

I would love it if it was Garth, but didn't he say that he had a contract with cities he performed in not to perform for a year within 200 miles? Maybe I totally misunderstood that, because at this point I can't understand why it would matter if he performed in Charlotte since Greensboro was in Nov. I sure hope it is him and that tickets don't go on sale when I unable to have internet this next week!!!

It's Billy Joel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Today, 11:58 AM
Post #22975

Just got an email from The Circuit of the Americas in Austin offering early tickets to see Kenney Chesney, Jake Owen, and Chase Rice there in May!!!! This is where I saw Brad last fall. It is outdoors but a nice venue. Think I will try to go and see if my sister-in-law wants to go too! I really like a lot of Kenney's music particularly the older stuff. I have heard he puts on a great show.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lizziemat
post Today, 12:02 PM
Post #22976

It's interesting that Carrie's SITW is going recurrent after a #2 peak at mediabase and #3 billboard.....speculation from the bloggers is that it's due to chart mismanagement by Sony when they slowed her single down in order to push Brads to #1 over hers.....even when she was outselling everyone above her on the charts.....it appears even A listers can have their labels screw up!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Today, 12:21 PM
Post #22977

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Lizziemat @ Jan 29th 2015, 12:02 PM) *

It's interesting that Carrie's SITW is going recurrent after a #2 peak at mediabase and #3 billboard.....speculation from the bloggers is that it's due to chart mismanagement by Sony when they slowed her single down in order to push Brads to #1 over hers.....even when she was outselling everyone above her on the charts.....it appears even A listers can have their labels screw up!!

Wow that is the end of her 10 year #1 or #2 streak on Billboard! I know #3 is awesome but still Sony should be kicking themselves for letting it happen. I know one thing, no other female will do that for a long time, if ever again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

1149 Pages V « < 1147 1148 1149
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jan 29th 2015, 3:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol