Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I met Chris Sligh's biggest fan!
MargoK
post Sep 14th 2007, 6:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Anthony Fedorov
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

I stood outside the Press Entrance at my concert hoping to meet some of the Idols. I met Phil Stacey and actually had my picture taken with him (I'm gonna try to get the picture up here once I find out if it turned out) and I also (sort of) met Chris Sligh! I am now kicking myself for not having my picture taken with him. He and Phil blew me away in the concert. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since they were my picks for the top male performers this season. I still love Sanjaya, but I have always known he was probably the weakest vocalist of the Top-10.

Anyway, I met this woman who has been following Chris all over the country and she told me that Chris has even mentioned her in interviews he has given. She had the greatest shirt on with a picture of Bono and Chris that said - Chris is My Bono. I guess that came from an interview where he talked about how he had a really big fan and the interviewer said that maybe Chris was her Bono. She probably posts here and will read this. w00t.gif I tried to take some pictures of Chris Sligh and his fans, who gathered around him when he came out to sign autographs, etc. He was also kind enough to take my birthday present to Sanjaya.

I bought Take a Chance on Something Beautiful and I love it. I do wish Chris's voice was a little more prominent, but it is still a great CD. I'm kind of hoping he releases a rock or pop rock CD, but the concensus seems to be that he will release a contemporary Christian CD. I know that is what is near and dear to his heart, though. I'm sure that which ever genre of music Chris sings it will be great. He is so talented! He showed much more range in the concert than he even did on the show. Just awesome!

Margo

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 14th 2007, 6:31 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MargoK
post Sep 22nd 2007, 8:24 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Anthony Fedorov
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

I'm hoping that Carmen won't mind if I post the picture I took of her and Chris. I saw her picture with him on his website. Anyway, here is the picture I took of her with Chris:

IPB Image

I wish I'd had my picture taken with him!

Margo

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HstryQT
post Jan 23rd 2009, 9:10 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI6: Chris Sligh
Fav. AI 8 Contestant: Danny Gokey

QUOTE(MargoK @ Sep 22nd 2007, 8:24 PM) *

I'm hoping that Carmen won't mind if I post the picture I took of her and Chris. I saw her picture with him on his website. Anyway, here is the picture I took of her with Chris:

IPB Image

I wish I'd had my picture taken with him!

Margo

LOL at the fact that I'm in this picture. It's been a year and a half since that day --- still one of the best of my life (after my wedding and my son's birth original.gif. I remember meeting you, Margo! Old school; cracks me up!

--------------------
I'm an Idol Mama & Chris Sligh Blogger Girl!
Season 9 Team Andrew Garcia * Tyler Grady * Didi Benami * Lacey Brown

IPB Image
Thanks Bianca!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 19th 2014, 10:51 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol