Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Siobhan Magnus Rehersals compilation
blacklightposter
post Oct 7th 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(pago @ Oct 7th 2010, 10:48 AM) *

...It's like people saying Sio's "Spiderwebs" sucked compared to the original. I have heard lots of Gwen Stefani live versions (thanks ot my older sister who is an insane No Doubt fan) and while she does play around a lot and put on a fantastic show, her voice has never been as good as Sio's. Also, you'll notice that while Gwen gets completely out of breath (and a litte screechy) towards the end of the song, Sio gets through the entire song without missing a note.

sio-zombie is one who's repeatedly insisted how vastly superior Gwen Stefani supposedly is onstage compared to Siobhan, and I have and do disagree. Stefani is lightweight, frothy, bubble-gumy in everything she does... she's Katy Perry with a little better voice, a little better song set, and without the boobs. They're both cartoon characters onstage, constantly mugging and posing, nothing being the least bit serious to them.

Well, that lightheartedness is fine if that's what you're looking for in a singer, but its appeal wears off very fast and it's nothing that I really value.

Siobhan brings a substance to everything she sings, graces a song with a presence goes beyond her vocal talent. Even something as pop-y, throwaway, and inconsequential as "Spiderwebs" -- okay yeah-yeah now you have to monitor your phone calls before taking them, and it's your fault, okayfine we get it, poor you, big friggin tragedy -- when Stefani does it it's 100% over-the-top froth. When Siobhan does even such a frivolous number, it becomes a little less of a throwaway song, at least.

This post has been edited by blacklightposter: Oct 7th 2010, 10:28 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 7th 2010, 10:25 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 29th 2014, 3:42 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol