Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Walmart Soundcheck
durnet
post Jan 4th 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

James & his boys perform Stand Up, Love Me Bad, Right Behind You, Higher Than Heaven & Love In Ruins and they sound amazing!!!

http://soundcheck.walmart.com/james-durbin

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 4th 2012, 2:59 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jdrocks84
post Jan 4th 2012, 3:22 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 4th 2012, 2:59 PM) *

James & his boys perform Stand Up, Love Me Bad, Right Behind You, Higher Than Heaven & Love In Ruins and they sound amazing!!!

http://soundcheck.walmart.com/james-durbin

Was just about to post this, lol.

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 4th 2012, 4:02 PM
Post #3

Oh and here's a new interview, it's short but a really good one:

http://www.rockmonthly.com/James_Durbin_Interview.html

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 4th 2012, 4:45 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone Mag interview;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ame...-album-20120104

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 4th 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #5

Really enjoyed the soundcheck, loved the way James looked and sounded. My favourite 'Love in Ruin' - so good.

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 4th 2012, 5:34 PM
Post #6

While I don't really like Ricky, I do like this pic:

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 4th 2012, 8:13 PM
Post #7

I know I know, the album just came out but I'm really excited to see what these guys come up with as a band, having already noticed some subtle and not so subtle changes to some of the songs. Having waited to hear some leaded up live performances, not done on a cell phone I'm very impressed and can't wait to hear them at a live show. w00t.gif thumbsup.gif w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 4th 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

Much better polished showcasing of James, makes you think how they could have been so clumsy with the way they introduced him earlier. Axe and James is a no brainer sponsor match and it's never bad to have an interview for Rolling Stone even if that mag doesn't have the rock 'cred' it once did. Still, always better to see a well thought out and produced publicity roll out than what we saw. Things looking up for the Durbin clan in 2012

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 5th 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #9

Wow! Finally a promo done the right way, full band electric, the way the album was supposed to be performed! heart.gif Very nice! Even Dylan and Blake's vocals seem to have majorly improved, maybe because they're simply more comfortable with that format. I thought the whole band was good together too.

I'll always wonder why they decided to go with acoustic performances for the promo to begin with. Whatever. Now that they actually started doing 'national' promo, they're finally doing it the right way, so it's all good.

Can I say the Walmart performances emphasize again how weak the released singles are, especially LMB? If the LMB radio campaign fails, I hope WindUp finally releases a new single to replace LMB and help with album sales.

Another thing I found interesting. I remember an IDF thread where I said James never intended to be a solo artist, always a frontman, and the band he picked was meant to be his own band. Fans from other fanbases kept insisting it wasn't true, and his band was just a backup band. I know many had hoped one Idol alum in particular would front his own band right after Idol, which didn't happen as he went solo, so maybe it bothered them James would actually get to do it, idk. But for whatever reasons, they had really strong feelings it couldn't be the case for James. whistling.gif
Well in this Rock Monthly interview, James at least considers himself part of his band... happy.gif
And I think now that we are a band, everyone will have input when writing and Iím really looking forward to start and come together and write our own songs. I think it will be great.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 5th 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #10

I really hope that they all get signed as a band when MOABD has run it's course, cause being a band frontman is what James really wants and IMO is really him, not that James has any issue igniting a stage on his own, but that's how I'll always see him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 5th 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 5th 2012, 11:44 AM) *

I really hope that they all get signed as a band when MOABD has run it's course, cause being a band frontman is what James really wants and IMO is really him, not that James has any issue igniting a stage on his own, but that's how I'll always see him.

My guess is they're already a band legally since we know the whole band met with James manager and lawyer, end of October I think it was.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 5th 2012, 1:00 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 5th 2012, 8:44 AM) *

Even if he didn't want to be part of a band, it's smart that he is. It's never a bad thing to be able to collaborate and bandy around ideas with talented people. It widens your musical library, gives you more potential.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 5th 2012, 1:01 PM
Post #13

I hope the WS vids hit the tube soon, I wanna DL them and keep them forever! My God HTH is incredible live, and I love James' growls, sexxyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! See James can sound current.

This post has been edited by durnet: Jan 5th 2012, 1:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 5th 2012, 2:38 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 5th 2012, 1:00 PM) *

Even if he didn't want to be part of a band, it's smart that he is. It's never a bad thing to be able to collaborate and bandy around ideas with talented people. It widens your musical library, gives you more potential.

He always said he didn't want to be a solo act, that he wanted to be in a band, and he always wanted his friend Dylan as his guitarist. grin.gif

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 5th 2012, 1:01 PM) *

I hope the WS vids hit the tube soon, I wanna DL them and keep them forever! My God HTH is incredible live, and I love James' growls, sexxyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! See James can sound current.

HTH is reallllllly good and sexxxyyyyyy blushing.gif but I love 'Love in Ruins', can't wait to hear Back for More, Liberate and Crawling home live with full band. wub.gif

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 5th 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 5th 2012, 2:38 PM) *

He always said he didn't want to be a solo act, that he wanted to be in a band, and he always wanted his friend Dylan as his guitarist. grin.gif

This.

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 5th 2012, 2:38 PM) *

HTH is reallllllly good and sexxxyyyyyy blushing.gif but I love 'Love in Ruins', can't wait to hear Back for More, Liberate and Crawling home live with full band. wub.gif

And this. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 5th 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 5th 2012, 2:44 PM) *

This.
And this. tongue.gif

"This" X 2 now you're not even trying haha.gif w00t.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 5th 2012, 3:02 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 5th 2012, 2:54 PM) *

"This" X 2 now you're not even trying haha.gif w00t.gif thumbsup.gif

blushing.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 5th 2012, 4:10 PM
Post #18

Love the Love in Ruins performance too, it was a marriage of Steven Tyler vocals and Mick Jagger showmanship, I remember James saying in an interview that he gets a psychedelic feel from that song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 21st 2012, 3:02 PM
Post #19

Bumping because the Walmart Soundcheck performances are still to this day my favorite performances. James and the band rawk hard on it. devil.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 21st 2012, 3:37 PM
Post #20

In light of the new single/s debate:

I really love both songs, and I love how he performs them, even acoustically.

This post has been edited by durnet: Jan 21st 2012, 3:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 12:31 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol