Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

35 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2010-12-15 Los Angeles, CA: The Music Box, ALL news, tweets, vids, reviews to be posted in RED pls
bayoulady
post Oct 27th 2010, 1:19 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. ADAM LAMBERT

QUOTE(BooBooKitty @ Oct 27th 2010, 1:06 PM) *

I'm in.

Now if anyone can clue me in on the cheapest way to get from the Marriott to the Music Box and back again...

Wish I could help you, if you don't have a rental problably the best way is by taxi. The Marriott would probably have a shuttle car but the Music Box would be out of their allowed distance. If you drive check google or mapquest first for directions if you don't know the area, sometimes GPS's will take you the long way around. Found that out the hard way last year when I stayed at the Omni on Olive. GPS took us 20 mins the long way around and I was not familiar with that GPS, now I know better.

I almost always rent a car. I like to be able to come and go when I want. Will rent one for LA too. I will stay in West Hollywood the first 2 nights and the last one in downtown LA

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 27th 2010, 1:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Doriangrey
post Oct 27th 2010, 2:16 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 27th 2010, 10:52 AM) *

thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

I second that...we just grabbed tix @ 99 from a broker. I am getting too old and tired to have the patience for all this cloak and dagger crap! Bite me TM.

I just bought my ticket from a broker, now what can I pawn? See ya in line.

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 27th 2010, 5:53 PM
Post #23

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. "It ain't that deep"

QUOTE(bayoulady @ Oct 27th 2010, 2:09 PM) *

Me too, I did the same thing. I don't know about old thou you got a lot of spunk but yes I don't have the patience to wait around not when I want something NOW. Got your PM will book where you suggested.

By the way did you do GA floor or balcony. I did the floor, so whose with me in getting in line really early w00twave.gif

Dee did them so I have no idea...but we are in!! Trying to convince Frank1088 to come along...
Will e-maiil you...let''s try to coordinate at LAX.

So what tricks are up our sleeves for THIS party? We've already done masks and boas.. haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

SKANKS PARTY IN LA....I really like the way that sounds
devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif haha.gif haha.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Oct 27th 2010, 3:16 PM) *

I just bought my ticket from a broker, now what can I pawn? See ya in line.

YAY!!!

SKANK LINE IS GROWING!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 27th 2010, 5:59 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Got my ticket!!! WOOT!

I'll come by to watch you guys in line.... roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Oct 27th 2010, 6:29 PM
Post #25

IPB Image
I wanna be there with you all.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
larc919
post Oct 27th 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(BooBooKitty @ Oct 27th 2010, 2:06 PM) *
Now if anyone can clue me in on the cheapest way to get from the Marriott to the Music Box and back again...
If you'll be at the downtown Marriott on Figueroa at 3rd St, the cheapest way to the Music Box would be to take the Metro (subway) red line to Hollywood & Vine. That's only two short blocks west of The Music Box. The Metro stop nearest the Marriott is at 7th and S. Flower St (1 block east of Figueroa). I believe the closest major hotel to that Metro station is the Wilshire Grand (it's situated from Wilshire Blvd to 7th along Figueroa).

--------------------
+Quote Post
bayoulady
post Oct 27th 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #27

Fav. ADAM LAMBERT

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 27th 2010, 5:53 PM) *

Dee did them so I have no idea...but we are in!! Trying to convince Frank1088 to come along...
Will e-maiil you...let''s try to coordinate at LAX.

So what tricks are up our sleeves for THIS party? We've already done masks and boas.. haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

SKANKS PARTY IN LA....I really like the way that sounds
devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif haha.gif haha.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
YAY!!!

Sounds like an idea...but I don't have a trick at the moment..will think about it. I sent Frank1088 a long PM trying to convince her too...willing even to share a room to help with the cost

I don't think I will rent a car since both hotels ares SO close to the venue so I am more than willing to meet up at LAX ....
I land at 7:33 ....will email you details when it gets closer since we are staying at the same hotel

YES we NEED to PARTY in LA devil.gif fear2.gif devil.gif fear2.gif w00t.gif

YAY for the numbers coming out to PLAY grin.gif

This post has been edited by bayoulady: Oct 27th 2010, 7:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Oct 27th 2010, 9:30 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(larc919 @ Oct 27th 2010, 8:05 PM) *

If you'll be at the downtown Marriott on Figueroa at 3rd St, the cheapest way to the Music Box would be to take the Metro (subway) red line to Hollywood & Vine. That's only two short blocks west of The Music Box. The Metro stop nearest the Marriott is at 7th and S. Flower St (1 block east of Figueroa). I believe the closest major hotel to that Metro station is the Wilshire Grand (it's situated from Wilshire Blvd to 7th along Figueroa).

Thanks for the info. I am arriving the day of the show and need to get from airport to hotel (near Club Nokia) to the MusicBox and this is perfect info. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
blackpanther
post Oct 27th 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Oct 27th 2010, 7:29 PM) *

IPB Image

awwww there there, you're not the only one weeping crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Oct 28th 2010, 1:49 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Oct 27th 2010, 4:29 PM) *

IPB Image

I just told Adam that you and boys won't be coming out for his last show he is heartbroken just as we all are.
IPB Image

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
DonneeDarko
post Oct 28th 2010, 8:28 AM
Post #31

Fav. AI10: Jacob Lusk
Fav. SYTYCD DANCER: Billy Bell

TM was a FAIL for me too, so I paid 2x the price. Oh well. Seeing Adam 2 nights in a row will be my Xmas, Hanukkah, and belated birthday gifts to myself.

Does anyone know if there will be a M&G for this one? I looked on AO and there's something weird on the site. The main section of the screen is blank. And besides, I figure you probably know more than anyone else....

--------------------
I'm here because of Adam
I'm a post-menopausal former flower child who hasn't been this turned on since I had hormones and dropped acid.
+Quote Post
129aquarius
post Oct 28th 2010, 8:38 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 27th 2010, 1:52 PM) *

thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

I second that...we just grabbed tix @ 99 from a broker. I am getting too old and tired to have the patience for all this cloak and dagger crap! Bite me TM.

WE did the same. GA balcony! To be able to "take it all in"-the place Adam sang A Change is Gonna Come, and meant it with all his heart! We have always been as close to the stage as possible for every show we've attended, but for this special one the balcony seemed right. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
129aquarius
post Oct 28th 2010, 8:43 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(larc919 @ Oct 27th 2010, 8:05 PM) *

Thanks for the info. Sounds like many of us are staying at the Marriot..Our plane arrives at LAX the day of at 2:00 P.M. (Praying there are no weather delays-remember Fantasy Springs!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 28th 2010, 2:27 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I had been wondering about the balcony situation. Would it be like Sayerville? 10-12 stools to sit at the barrier and the rest standing room only? Looking at the pictures on The Music Box site, there seemed to be seats for the entire balcony... So what does a Skank do? Inquire from the source... Here is her answer to me....

Hello,

The balcony is partially seated, about 210 seats (fold down theater style seats). there is additional standing room behind the seated area (another roughly 50-75 people fit behind seated area). Balcony is first come first serve.

Floor is standing room only, no seats by near any barricades.

Hope that helps,

So it turns out that although there are no "assigned" seats in the balcony, most balcony tickets will be afforded a seat. WOOT! Looking at my tired old feet, I am very thankful for this arrangement. Now if I promise to bake, would that get me anywhere near the front row seats? WHAT? Just askin'!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
larc919
post Oct 28th 2010, 6:02 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(129aquarius @ Oct 28th 2010, 9:43 AM) *
Thanks for the info. Sounds like many of us are staying at the Marriot..Our plane arrives at LAX the day of at 2:00 P.M. (Praying there are no weather delays-remember Fantasy Springs!)

YW! original.gif BTW, if you're planning on taking the LA Metro red line, here's a little additional info. The 7th St and S. Flower St station (Metro Station) is on the NE corner across 7th from Macy's. The Hollywood & Vine station entrance/exit is across Hollywood Blvd from the Pantages Theatre, near the Hollywood Blvd intersection with Argyle Ave. That's closer to The Music Box than Vine is. There's a rather short block along Hollywood between Argyle and N. El Centro Ave, and The Music Box is about midway the next short block. Subway fare is $1.50 for adults (55 for seniors).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Oct 28th 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 27th 2010, 3:53 PM) *

So what tricks are up our sleeves for THIS party? We've already done masks and boas.. haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif SKANKS PARTY IN LA....I really like the way that sounds
YAY!!!

IPB Image
These are stick-on glitter tattoos, plan to put the asp on the girls, the eye of Horus on my wrist, and maybe the ankh as a bindi, is it too much or do I need more?

--------------------
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 29th 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Oct 28th 2010, 11:56 PM) *

IPB Image
These are stick-on glitter tattoos, plan to put the asp on the girls, the eye of Horus on my wrist, and maybe the ankh as a bindi, is it too much or do I need more?

I LOVE IT!!! AND>>>>I want it...all of them!! Where did they come from???

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Oct 29th 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 28th 2010, 10:24 PM) *

I LOVE IT!!! AND>>>>I want it...all of them!! Where did they come from???

I got them at a costume store, pm me if anyone wants me to pickup a package for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 29th 2010, 6:51 AM
Post #39

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Oct 29th 2010, 1:32 AM) *

I got them at a costume store, pm me if anyone wants me to pickup a package for them.

These look great.....hope you all have a great time w00twave.gif
Be sure to take lots of pics original.gif

I wonder if Allison is opening for these LA shows....hope so yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 30th 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #40

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

SILVIA....great news...the FilmQueen will be at both LA shows and she will be doing full set hi def vids!

I'm going to ask her about uploading to megaupload.

--------------------
+Quote Post

35 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 8:39 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol