Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

949 Pages V « < 549 550 551 552 553 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ General Discussion for Trespassing
fangurl1964
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #11001

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Mar 3rd 2012, 4:20 PM) *

I have NO idea why, but this song felt a little like BTIKM for some reason. I didn't dislike this or BTIKM, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like Adam to me.

Regardless of how I feel personally, I hope he gets a smash with it if it is the next single, and I know his live performances will put a whole new spin on things grin.gif

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:44 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #11002

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(fangurl1964 @ Mar 3rd 2012, 6:44 PM) *

I hope he gets a smash with it if it is the next single, and I know his live performances will put a whole new spin on things grin.gif

I hope so too. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Mar 3rd 2012, 7:51 PM
Post #11003

Fav. Adam Lambert

Regardless of how I feel personally, I hope he gets a smash with it if it is the next single, and I know his live performances will put a whole new spin on things grin.gif

Agreed.....I just want a smash for him too....and I want him to tour soon-ish !!!!...so we can hear him LIVE again wub.gif

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Mar 3rd 2012, 4:41 PM) *

Knowing Adam. he'll do his own thing on it, and we'll like it. original.gif

Yes we will !!!!

Not to long ago in an interview...someone ask him about workin and being tired......

His answer was something like.....'I will sleep when I am dead'.....very similar to these lyrics original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #11004

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Mar 3rd 2012, 7:51 PM) *

Yes we will !!!!

Not to long ago in an interview...someone ask him about workin and being tired......

His answer was something like.....'I will sleep when I am dead'.....very similar to these lyrics original.gif

You got it!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lou
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:25 PM
Post #11005

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. ADAM Lambert is my husband

http://www.pulsemusic.proboards.com/index....p;thread=114057

So excited for this, I love Dave Aude he's one of my favs

I have NO idea why, but this song felt a little like BTIKM for some reason. I didn't dislike this or BTIKM, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like Adam to me.

I almost feel like he changed the arrangement of this song to a dance song. Because it has that melody. I want it to start out slow and then blow up kind of le We Found Love. I know for sure it could be a hit bUt I hope he transformed it to. Clubby type song.

Btw. I love this song.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
svca
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:45 PM
Post #11006

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 3rd 2012, 1:55 PM) *

I wouldn't know....I don't listen to the demos. I don't want to know what the songs sound like. I don't even want to know what the lyrics are.

You are me....all I want to hear is Adam's version, no demos, no snippets for me.

I don't want any preconceived ideas about a song, I just want to hear what Adam can do with it.

yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #11007

Did Bruno Mars write this song for the Twilight series?

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
ohiogal
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:00 PM
Post #11008

One of these days it would be nice if Adam did a song that hadn't already been demo'd by someone else...

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #11009

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(ohiogal @ Mar 3rd 2012, 9:00 PM) *

One of these days it would be nice if Adam did a song that hadn't already been demo'd by someone else...

Yeah, seems like he just gets given leftovers... wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:28 PM
Post #11010

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Mar 3rd 2012, 8:44 PM) *

Did Bruno Mars write this song for the Twilight series?

No. That was "It Will Rain".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:30 PM
Post #11011

QUOTE(svca @ Mar 3rd 2012, 8:45 PM) *

You are me....all I want to hear is Adam's version, no demos, no snippets for me.

I don't want any preconceived ideas about a song, I just want to hear what Adam can do with it.

yes.gif

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to not click play on this particular demo -- I'm a huge Bruno fan. But, I don't want to have formed an opinion on the song based on Bruno's version so I'll wait.

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Mar 3rd 2012, 9:07 PM) *

Yeah, seems like he just gets given leftovers... wacko.gif

That's a strange way to look at it. Every artist has tons of songs they don't put on their albums. Would you consider the forty or so songs Adam considered for Trespassing but didn't include as 'leftovers'. It's not unusual for artists to consider songs, pass on them, realize maybe someone else could do something different or better with it. They're certainly not 'leftovers'.

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:55 PM
Post #11012

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 3rd 2012, 9:30 PM) *

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to not click play on this particular demo -- I'm a huge Bruno fan. But, I don't want to have formed an opinion on the song based on Bruno's version so I'll wait.
That's a strange way to look at it. Every artist has tons of songs they don't put on their albums. Would you consider the forty or so songs Adam considered for Trespassing but didn't include as 'leftovers'. It's not unusual for artists to consider songs, pass on them, realize maybe someone else could do something different or better with it. They're certainly not 'leftovers'.

Soaked was, and Never Close Our Eyes and BTIKM sure sound like leftovers to me. But that's just my opinion. Heck, P!nk considered WWFM a leftover and that's an amazing song. She sure changed her tune when it took off though... whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Mar 3rd 2012, 9:57 PM
Post #11013

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Mar 3rd 2012, 9:55 PM) *

Soaked was, and Never Close Our Eyes and BTIKM sure sound like leftovers to me. But that's just my opinion. Heck, P!nk considered WWFM a leftover and that's an amazing song. She sure changed her tune when it took off though... whistling.gif

So....if you think that way, does this mean that "Obsession", which Adam had recorded for FYE but never made the cut and given to Sky Ferreira, was a leftover?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Mar 3rd 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #11014

QUOTE(glamglamglam @ Mar 3rd 2012, 9:55 PM) *

You're right - it is all about opinions. I happen to love Soaked and would never think of it as a 'leftover'. I guess I just don't like the word 'leftover'. I don't think of them that way. They are songs that for whatever reason an artist doesn't feel fits the direction of the album or they realize just aren't right for them. That doesn't make them bad songs. Do you know how many songs would just be sitting around never to be heard if artists didn't pass them on to other artists?

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
jlynn1205
post Mar 3rd 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #11015

QUOTE(fangurl1964 @ Mar 3rd 2012, 7:44 PM) *

See, I think it sounds more Adam than Bruno. I see why Bruno passed on it for himself and I'm a Bruno fan. I like it. If they punch it up a bit I think it could be a hit. Didn't a UK journalist hear a rough cut of this and say it was "ravetacular" and that they should skip BTIKM and make this the next single? I thought it was a really legit musical opinion, if I remember correctly. I'll have to hunt that one down. This demo doesn't exactly strike me as ravetacular at this point, so I'm thinking it's been changed a bit. Based on reviews I'm still hoping for Cuckoo. Maybe as a third single? Everyone keeps talking about this big change mid-song to a 80's hair metal sound that is really shocking and suprising. Sounds like it could be something really unique that would jump out at listeners and separate him from the pack. I've never been so confident in a song I've never heard haha.gif

QUOTE(jnmk @ Mar 3rd 2012, 3:23 PM) *

i have a feeling they're leaning toward "never close our eyes" as the next single.

hints:
- uk journalist says cuckoo should be the single and shoshanna responds by saying that there are other songs he hasn't heard yet.

- adam said something recently that press have talked about their favorite tracks (cuckoo, trespassing) but they are coming from a press perspective, not a radio perspective.

- adam was very recently re-working "never close our eyes" with new vocals, bruno in studio, and dr.luke production. combined with recent comments from adam that they're working on new songs that are "very radio" i think this is the next single.

there has been a lot of positive press about the preview tracks such as cuckoo, trespassing, and shady, but i think adam and rca were keeping some cards close to the chest. there's so much hype about cuckoo but it seems like they're gently trying to redirect us toward another song that most people haven't heard yet and haven't been talking about: never close our eyes.

I agree. I would be shocked if never close our eyes isn't the next single. I think it's the reason Trespassing was held off a little, so he'd be able to personally work with Bruno. I agree with you too in that I am ye of little faith in regards to Dr. Luke, at least when it comes to Adam, but I'm hopeful about Bruno. He has created lots of hits for male artists.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DerekMcG
post Mar 3rd 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #11016

I think it's ridiculous to refer to songs written by others, who for whatever reason chose not to record them for commercial release, as "leftovers." There's way too much snobbery implicit in that word. The only issue that matters, as far as I'm concerned, is whether the singer can make a particular song his/her own. And like Elvis Presley, who even turned songs already released by other singers into hits ("Suspicious Minds," anyone?), time and again Adam has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can do it, putting his own stamp on things like "Mad World," "Soaked," "Fever," etc to the point where the demo (or original version) is hard to remember.

Besides, in many cases, singers (and/or writers) who make demos pass up the opportunity to record the songs commercially for the simple reason that they can't do justice vocally to the material. Listen to Bruno Mars (whom I like, by the way) struggling at times on the demo of the song that Adam's recorded. And it's certainly true of Claude Kelly on the demo of BTIKM. Heck, even P!nk acknowledged that she gave WWFM to Adam because the song needed someone who could sing it better than she could. (Of course, she went on to record it once it had become a hit, but I'm confident that Adam's version will be the one that people are still playing 50 years from now.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Joana
post Mar 4th 2012, 2:25 AM
Post #11017

QUOTE(jlynn1205 @ Mar 4th 2012, 6:02 AM) *

Didn't a UK journalist hear a rough cut of this and say it was "ravetacular" and that they should skip BTIKM and make this the next single? I thought it was a really legit musical opinion, if I remember correctly. I'll have to hunt that one down. This demo doesn't exactly strike me as ravetacular at this point, so I'm thinking it's been changed a bit.

I haven't heard the demo but Adam says here the song will be "fast, dance song."

@1.40

This post has been edited by Joana: Mar 4th 2012, 2:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sabine
post Mar 4th 2012, 4:34 AM
Post #11018

At the moment I couldn't care less whether the new single is written by someone else. Adam needs a hit on CHR and BTIKM does nothing there.

I also think that Brunos song will be the next single and I have a good feeling knowing that Adam and Bruno worked on it together in the studio. And if namechecking Bruno will make him getting radio airplay easier I am all for it.

Adam has got great promo so far and I hope currently working his a** off with his radio tour will pay off when it comes to playing the next single. I also believe we will get much more promo in the US around the release of the album.

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamglamglam
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:53 AM
Post #11019

QUOTE(bebeg @ Mar 3rd 2012, 10:09 PM) *

You're right - it is all about opinions. I happen to love Soaked and would never think of it as a 'leftover'. I guess I just don't like the word 'leftover'. I don't think of them that way. They are songs that for whatever reason an artist doesn't feel fits the direction of the album or they realize just aren't right for them. That doesn't make them bad songs. Do you know how many songs would just be sitting around never to be heard if artists didn't pass them on to other artists?

You're right, bad wording. I dunno how to word it in fact, but just songs like BTIKM and Never Close Our Eyes that just sound so dull and uninspired and probably got thrown on the backburner because of it. Again though, all opinions, this is just what a lot of these songs he gets given sound like to me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:59 AM
Post #11020

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(DerekMcG @ Mar 3rd 2012, 11:04 PM) *

I think it's ridiculous to refer to songs written by others, who for whatever reason chose not to record them for commercial release, as "leftovers." There's way too much snobbery implicit in that word. The only issue that matters, as far as I'm concerned, is whether the singer can make a particular song his/her own. And like Elvis Presley, who even turned songs already released by other singers into hits ("Suspicious Minds," anyone?), time and again Adam has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can do it, putting his own stamp on things like "Mad World," "Soaked," "Fever," etc to the point where the demo (or original version) is hard to remember.

Besides, in many cases, singers (and/or writers) who make demos pass up the opportunity to record the songs commercially for the simple reason that they can't do justice vocally to the material. Listen to Bruno Mars (whom I like, by the way) struggling at times on the demo of the song that Adam's recorded. And it's certainly true of Claude Kelly on the demo of BTIKM. Heck, even P!nk acknowledged that she gave WWFM to Adam because the song needed someone who could sing it better than she could. (Of course, she went on to record it once it had become a hit, but I'm confident that Adam's version will be the one that people are still playing 50 years from now.)

Agreed ....WWFM...will always be Adam's song to me wub.gif

And...yes....many many stars have hits that they do not write !!!

To listners...it is something that just clicks with the sound for them !!!

IMO....We love the sound of Adam's voice....no matter who writes the song wub.gif

If he feels the lyrics.....his interpretation will move us wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

949 Pages V « < 549 550 551 552 553 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 12:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol