Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Tribute to Dreamers and Believers, The Best of the Vest
The Best of the Vest
Which is your favorite monster vest moment?
Jones Beach [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jones Beach Meet and Greet [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Albany [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mansfield 1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mansfield 2 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Newark [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Newark Meet and Greet [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Los Angeles 1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Los Angeles 2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
St. Louis [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Chicago [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Indianapolis 1 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
Indianapolis 2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Others, please post them [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
SexyEyes
post Sep 29th 2010, 4:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

Some of Siobhan Magnus ideas often sound crazy to the closed and conventional mind but believe me, most scientific inventions and discoveries during the last few centuries have been born from some "crazy idea" working in a uniquely formed mind. Some say "visionary".Others say it's "genius" but I say it's a combination of unconventionality, fearlessness, and people actually believing in your ideas and working on them in their own unique ways.

I call it the believers following the dreamers.

IPB Image

Such is the case of Siobhan Magnus' monster vest given to her by a devoted fan, iluvpower aka sioferatu.

Siobhan Magnus wanted to have a dress made up of Halloween masks and platform shoes with Barbie heads but...

IPB Image

The people in charge of Idol never subscribed to those ideas because they thought they were too scary. Such cowards to be afraid of Halloween masks and decapitated Barbies!! I wonder what they would do if they saw an actual ghost? unsure.gif

Sioferatu aka iluvpower put those two ideas together and came up with the monster vest and gave it to Siobhan Magnus as a gift.

And you know how Siobhan appreciates gifts from her fans no matter how small:

IPB Image

She shows them off to everyone!

Siobhan Magnus proudly showed off the sensational fruit of one of her ideas during select Idol Tour stops:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks very much to sioferatu aka iluvpower for his gift of BELIEF.

BTW the next time you make a monster vest for Siobhan,

make sure to have replicas of Simon's and Kara's faces on it!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 29th 2010, 4:50 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

SexyEyes
post Sep 30th 2010, 5:09 PM
Post #2

The vest made Siobhan post a twitpic. It was a mirror image and it was the first time we saw it.

The real image version is like this:

IPB Image

Siobhan looks so different from Katie and yet they are more alike than any of the other contestants because of their ages:

IPB Image

because of the monstre vest!

In this Associated Press release, I am not really sure where this was taken (probably Mansfield):

IPB Image

I hope more fans would be like sioferatu instead of being too concerned with self-serving misconceptions and opinions that turn off other fans.

Siobhan is a DREAMER. It's up to her fans and the people around her to make her dreams come true. Siobhan has believers because she is an INSPIRATION to those who care to listen, especially the ones who are NOT afraid to do the right thing no matter what the cost.

Keep on BELIEVING sorcerer.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Sep 30th 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #3

Betcha ILP took a few detailed pics of the monstervest before he parted with it.

Formal invitation, ILP, to post on Rohm's [oops...] Sexyeyes' thread here good close-up front-and-back pics of your monstermasterwork.

This post has been edited by blacklightposter: Oct 1st 2010, 1:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
iluvpower
post Sep 30th 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Wow!! Thanks so much for this awesome tribute SexyEyes!!! I like the 'believers following the dreamers concept'... Indeed, Siobhan has "big, big hopes and plans", and hopefully siofans will have faith in her and support her as she tries to achieve her goals (even through the bumps along the road)! It was really cool to combine Siobhan's awesome ideas into a heartfelt gift that I was able to give to her in person! And of course, it was really touching and a huge honor that she liked it and wore it on stage! When she mentioned that idea about a dress with scary masks being "too scary" for the show/tour, I really thought it would be ages before the fans could see her rock out in a scary outfit... well I guess I was wrong lol! I Luv her eccentric and creative mind, and hopefully we'll be in for more intriguing things from her in the future!

Btw, I also tried to make the vest into a symbol for what makes Siobhan so special in my eyes, so while the outside of the vest is that creeptastic set of monster faces, the inside is lined with a collage of t-shirts that reflect many of Siobhan's virtues (like compassion, resolve for genuine self-expression, intelligence, creativity etc). I won't go into detail and explain everything I was trying to convey with this... .. but most of the symbols should be apparent if you think about it (keeping in mind Siobhan's interests, qualities, defining principles, the unjust hardships she faced growing up because of being different, the mindset/phenomena that leads intolerance of those who are 'different' and the unfortunate consequences etc)

Blacklightposter, I did take pics of it before giving it to her, but unfortunately the camera/memory card I was using didn't allow me to upload the pics to my cpu (along with some of the pics I took at the Hamilton show). I'd post them if I could.

This post has been edited by iluvpower: Oct 1st 2010, 4:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Oct 1st 2010, 1:51 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(iluvpower @ Sep 30th 2010, 11:27 PM) *

...the inside is lined with a collage of t-shirts that reflect many of Siobhan's virtues (like compassion, resolve for genuine self-expression, intelligence, creativity etc). I won't go into detail and explain everything I was trying to convey with this... .. but most of the symbols should be apparent if you think about it (keeping in mind Siobhan's interests, qualities, defining principles, the unjust hardships she faced growing up because of being different, the mindset/phenomena that leads intolerance of those who are 'different' and the unfortunate consequences etc)

...unfortunately the camera/memory card I was using didn't allow me to upload the pics to my cpu (along with some of the pics I took at the Hamilton show). I'd post them if I could.

Aw. Bummer that we can't see the lining cuz it sounds as interesting as the exterior. But now we understand even better Siobhan's great appreciation of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 8:25 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol