Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tower of Techno Babble, All techie info here (imbedding, DVD-making, etc.)
madamimadam
post Sep 1st 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

OK, so my problem is this.

A few weeks ago, I downloaded RealPlayer. It's just OK, nothing "great" but the thing is this. I ripped a vid with it but it doesn't have an extension unsure.gif

How can I convert a file without an extension into an MP4? unsure.gif

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO TECHNO HELP FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW. POST YOUR QUESTIONS AND SOMEBODY WILL ANSWER AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT IF IT IS A 'GLOBALLY IMPORTANT' ONE, I WILL ADD THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS FRONT PAGE. THIS THREAD WAS CREATED FOLLOWING A REQUEST (AND A BRILLIANT ONE AT THAT) FROM VISTADIVA.

Simple tip for going to the place you left off in a thread

Click on the little orange square and it will take you EXACTLY where you were when you got out of the thread.

IPB Image

IMBEDDING YOUTUBE/VIMEO/PICTURES

YOUTUBE:

Let's say you have this youtube you want to imbed:

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7wt21DfVs

Type [you tube]Insert the video ID (red above)Type[/you tube] PLEASE NOTE I had to put a space between 'you' and 'tube' or the board would tell me I did something wrong, please remove space. So it would look like this:

CODE
[youtube]rn7wt21DfVs[/youtube]

VIMEO:

Let's say you have this vimeo you want to imbed:

http: //vimeo.com/40380933

Type [vi meo]Insert the video ID (red above)Type[/vi meo] PLEASE NOTE I had to put a space between 'vi' and 'meo' or the board would tell me I did something wrong, please remove space. So it would look like this:

CODE
[vimeo]40380933[/vimeo]

PICTURE:

Let's say you have this picture you want to imbed:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9218/fd...11e1ba40220.jpg

Type [i mg]Insert the picture URL (link above)Type[/i mg] PLEASE NOTE I had to put a space between 'i' and 'mg' or the board would tell me I did something wrong, please remove space. So it would look like this:

CODE
[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9218/fd32cbb0d95511e1ba40220.jpg[/img]

VIDEO SHARING/DVD MAKING/iPad COMPATIBLE

Since many of us are finetuning full concert videos and then breaking them down to make them available for everyone, there are two programs that are important to have.

The first one is to 'rejoin' a file that was split in order to make it in pieces small enough to be uploaded to Mediafire, or Sendspace, or whatever program we're using. The HJSplit is the program we found to be the most user-friendly and the most efficient. It's a free program and easy to use/install.

Go to: http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/
Scroll down to: hjsplit.zip (Location 1, 2 or 3)
Once the file pops up in your winRAR program, double click on the '.exe' file to open the HJSplit program.
I suggest right clicking on the icon in your task bar and 'pinning it' for future use.

The second program is to convert files for your iPad, iPod, iPhone (Apple) or to make your DVD's. Again, Freemake Video Converter is a free program and easy to use.

Go to: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
Click download.
Again I recommend that you pin this to your task bar for future use.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 1st 2010, 10:46 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

glitterynfierce
post Sep 1st 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(Silvia @ Sep 1st 2010, 11:46 AM) *

OK, so my problem is this.

A few weeks ago, I downloaded RealPlayer. It's just OK, nothing "great" but the thing is this. I ripped a vid with it but it doesn't have an extension unsure.gif

How can I convert a file without an extension into an MP4? unsure.gif

I have this happen with keepvid (which works again, BTW! w00t.gif) If it doesn't have an extension in keepvid, I add .mp4 at the end. However, I've used RealPlayer before as well but I don't remember it allowing me to chose how it d/ls. For me, it automatically saves as flv then I would have to convert it to mp4 in another window blarg.gif Long process. I dunno if this helps but maybe start using keepvid again? Less hassle, IMO. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Sep 1st 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #3

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ Sep 1st 2010, 11:23 AM) *

I have this happen with keepvid (which works again, BTW! w00t.gif) If it doesn't have an extension in keepvid, I add .mp4 at the end. However, I've used RealPlayer before as well but I don't remember it allowing me to chose how it d/ls. For me, it automatically saves as flv then I would have to convert it to mp4 in another window blarg.gif Long process. I dunno if this helps but maybe start using keepvid again? Less hassle, IMO. flowers.gif

Keepvid AND Savevid want me to download Java blarg.gif

I don't know what to do with these extensionless files noexpression.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Sep 1st 2010, 4:43 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Real player rips for me usually in a flv format from YT.

Will they play? If you go to properties can you see anything in there about extensions? I am wondering if you only have the .meta files?

Do you want to give me a sample one to try and download and see what happens for me?

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
joooory
post Sep 1st 2010, 5:43 PM
Post #5

Silvia why not DL Java it esential to keep your pages work faster and allow you to rip whatever you want it not a bad thing If you afraid it will mess your PC.

I use both Keepvid and Dirpy and both great sites and it gives you so many options FLV,MP4 & HD and you can choose whatever you want. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Sep 1st 2010, 8:35 PM
Post #6

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Sep 1st 2010, 4:43 PM) *

Real player rips for me usually in a flv format from YT.

Will they play? If you go to properties can you see anything in there about extensions? I am wondering if you only have the .meta files?

Do you want to give me a sample one to try and download and see what happens for me?

It happens with every vid I rip with RP. There's just no extension on them even when I check in Properties.
blarg.gif
QUOTE(joooory @ Sep 1st 2010, 5:43 PM) *

Silvia why not DL Java it esential to keep your pages work faster and allow you to rip whatever you want it not a bad thing If you afraid it will mess your PC.

I use both Keepvid and Dirpy and both great sites and it gives you so many options FLV,MP4 & HD and you can choose whatever you want. original.gif

What's a safe place to download from?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
callmecrazy
post Sep 1st 2010, 8:39 PM
Post #7

Fav. Bass Player: TommyJoe Ratliff

I've used Keepvid before. ph34rwave.gif As long as you have an updated version of Java it will work. And Java is perfectly safe and essential for uploading/viewing of certain things on your computer.

--------------------
Adommy<3
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
7/31/10 Adam Lambert | Christian and Oliver<3 |Loving me some hot sexy steamy gay boys.
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Sep 1st 2010, 8:51 PM
Post #8

Fav. Steven Tyler

Tnx guys huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AniMaL
post Sep 1st 2010, 8:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Silvia @ Sep 1st 2010, 9:35 PM) *

It happens with every vid I rip with RP. There's just no extension on them even when I check in Properties.
blarg.gif
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp thumbsup.gif

Silvia~ Do you use Firefox? You should try 'EasyYouTubeVideoDownloader'. It saves loads of time and the quality is great. It's a Firefox add-on. huggy.gif

This post has been edited by AniMaL: Sep 2nd 2010, 6:10 PM

--------------------
∞ Musica Delenit Bestiam Feram ∞
IPB Image
"The only lifestyle I am promoting is a lifestyle of love and friendship, music, joy and fashion."
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Sep 1st 2010, 8:54 PM
Post #10

Once we're at it. Someone is asking how to bring stuff from her phone to her computer. She has audio from last night but can't figure out how to transfer the file. I've never done it, so I'm no help.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Sep 1st 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Sep 2nd 2010, 2:54 AM) *

Once we're at it. Someone is asking how to bring stuff from her phone to her computer. She has audio from last night but can't figure out how to transfer the file. I've never done it, so I'm no help.

I can possibly help her and have posted in the thread. Perhaps ask her to PM me and I will talk her through it.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
joooory
post Sep 1st 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Silvia @ Sep 1st 2010, 8:35 PM) *

blarg.gif

If you mean Java AniMaL posted the link. and sometimes if your Java is expired or you don't have one the site like Keepvid ask you if you want to DL or Upgrade.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Sep 2nd 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #13

Fav. Steven Tyler

Tnx girlfriends. huggy.gif flowers.gif Downloaded Java and so far so good grin.gif

LOL, yesteday I downloaded Quicktime and today I deleated it - it was playing vids IN SLOOOOW MOTION roll2.gif It was like one long gif haha.gif I wouldn't mind it if it didn't insist on opening ever vid with it automatically.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Sep 2nd 2010, 3:54 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Silvia @ Sep 2nd 2010, 6:11 AM) *

Tnx girlfriends. huggy.gif flowers.gif Downloaded Java and so far so good grin.gif

LOL, yesteday I downloaded Quicktime and today I deleated it - it was playing vids IN SLOOOOW MOTION roll2.gif It was like one long gif haha.gif I wouldn't mind it if it didn't insist on opening ever vid with it automatically.

You can change your settings to stop all vids opening with any prog Silvia. Personally I don't use Quicktime but I use a pc not a mac so I haven't found I need it.

For videos I use GOM Player or VLC as they seem to play all file formats.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
joooory
post Sep 2nd 2010, 5:03 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Silvia @ Sep 2nd 2010, 12:11 AM) *

LOL haha.gif

You can right click on any video then properties and change the setting in open with, If you want a particular program for all your videos and in the same time you still have many other programs so no need to delete anything. original.gif

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Sep 2nd 2010, 3:54 AM) *

You can change your settings to stop all vids opening with any prog Silvia. Personally I don't use Quicktime but I use a pc not a mac so I haven't found I need it.

Yeah I use those two programs too they good yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Sep 2nd 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #16

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Sep 2nd 2010, 3:54 AM) *

Just the woman I need!!! I've been meaning to ask - how do I make a certain player my default player??? Now, it's VLC which I LOOOVE (don't know how that happened haha.gif ).

What's GOM??? unsure.gif

QUOTE(joooory @ Sep 2nd 2010, 5:03 AM) *

LOL haha.gif

You can right click on any video then properties and change the setting in open with, If you want a particular program for all your videos and in the same time you still have many other programs so no need to delete anything. original.gif
Yeah I use those two programs too they good yes.gif

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? You want me to do that with more than 3000 vids??? I won't live that long haha.gif

I know I can do that and I sometimes do. I just wanted to know how I make a certain player my player of choice grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Sep 2nd 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #17

Silvia, go to one of your files and then right click it and choose open with. Select the program you want and usually there is a check box or option to use this program to open all same file types.

Remind me, are you using a pc or mac and what operating system if PC. In control panel on pc there is an option to set default progs for different file types.

Gom Player - http://gom-player.en.softonic.com/
It's a great piece of software that plays the mst files that my camera uses as well as good for screen caps etc.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
callmecrazy
post Sep 2nd 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #18

Fav. Bass Player: TommyJoe Ratliff

Yeah do what Little Bee said if you do have a PC. If you have Windows Vista Home Premium, just go to your control panel, then to programs, when you get there, there will be a circle with the colors green, blue, red, and yellow with a green check mark through it and next to it, it should say "Default Programs" Under it is a bunch of writing in blue that are links. Click on the one that says "Change default settings for media or devices." And from there, you can change where you want your videos to play. Personally for me, I either use iTunes (because I download vids from Keepvid and put them into my iTunes) or Windows Media Player which works pretty decent on my computer. But playing of the videos depends on how much RAM your computer has and the processing speed. For me, my RAM is 4GB and my processing speed is 2.0GHz so things run pretty decent. grin.gif

--------------------
Adommy<3
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
7/31/10 Adam Lambert | Christian and Oliver<3 |Loving me some hot sexy steamy gay boys.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Aug 2nd 2012, 3:56 PM
Post #19

RESERVED!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Aug 2nd 2012, 4:03 PM
Post #20

RESERVED!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 3:33 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol