Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allison Iraheta singing as backing singer of Cassadee Pope
durnet
post Dec 24th 2012, 6:07 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 24th 2012, 9:50 AM) *

Could you take sometime to enlighten we the uninformed, on talent please original.gif I always thought music was subjective, I could make the same argument about Phillip Phillips, but I'd be wrong seeing at least 3 million people enjoyed his song "Home" thumbsup.gif

ITA.

It boils down to the music, I'm not a fan of PP myself but I like the song Home, go figure. wink.gif

I do find it humourous that Cassadee's country covers ended up being her highest selling songs on iTunes, which begs the question? Will Universal Republic push her into country pop? I don't think that's the direction she had in mind when she auditioned for TV.

This post has been edited by durnet: Dec 24th 2012, 6:07 AM

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 24th 2012, 6:07 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MyystikSpiral
post Dec 24th 2012, 8:25 AM
Post #22

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 24th 2012, 3:50 AM) *

Could you take sometime to enlighten we the uninformed, on talent please original.gif I always thought music was subjective, I could make the same argument about Phillip Phillips, but I'd be wrong seeing at least 3 million people enjoyed his song "Home" thumbsup.gif

Of course music is subjective, it's my opinion that Allison is a lot better

I suppose it's possible with the right song choices and promotion, Cassadee could possibly have some success. But the Voice has a very poor track record of doing so. And they better hurry, because they have a whole new season coming up in two months

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 24th 2012, 9:33 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(durnet @ Dec 24th 2012, 6:07 AM) *

ITA.

It boils down to the music, I'm not a fan of PP myself but I like the song Home, go figure. wink.gif

I do find it humourous that Cassadee's country covers ended up being her highest selling songs on iTunes, which begs the question? Will Universal Republic push her into country pop? I don't think that's the direction she had in mind when she auditioned for TV.

LOL I think she'll be pop rockish to pop-country with her music. She tried doing it her why and had moderate success and was dropped by her label. I guess now it's time to try the mainstream route. As for Allison I haven't heard about her for while now, so good to see she still in the business even if it isn't what she thought. I thought she had a lot of potential, but you gotta roll with the punches and wait for your opportunity thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
boogiezen
post Dec 24th 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(MyystikSpiral @ Dec 23rd 2012, 7:10 PM) *

No tongue.gif
If it was someone either talented or successful, it would be happy for her. But Cassadee will go nowhere, I think Allison sold a hundred thousand albums. No way will Cassadee do close to that

Do you want to make a bet on that? tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MyystikSpiral
post Dec 24th 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #25

I would, but the last person I bet with didn't pay me roll2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
EVPandHC
post Dec 24th 2012, 3:28 PM
Post #26

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. BB16 HG: Donny Thompson

From Idolatry:

IPB Image

Oops!

--------------------
BB16 (RIP): Donny, Jocasta, Amber, Hayden, Nicole
+Quote Post
Weedy Speedy
post Dec 24th 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

Ah season 8, when Idolatry was good.

--------------------
QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ May 15th 2014, 11:21 PM) *
Caleb winning is the last thing Idol needs? I think season 13 overall was the last thing Idol needed.
+Quote Post
person128
post Dec 24th 2012, 4:47 PM
Post #28

Fav. AI9: John Park
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Idol Archetype: The Rocker

Allison doing back up for Cassadee is like Brittney Spears doing vocals for U2.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Dec 24th 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #29

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(person128 @ Dec 24th 2012, 4:47 PM) *

Allison doing back up for Cassadee is like Brittney Spears doing vocals for U2.

Except Allison is amazing, Cassadee is amazing, Britney Spears is a Pop Icon, and U2 is retardedly overrated and bland.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
huh
post Dec 25th 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #30

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. CI6: Earl Stevenson

QUOTE(EVPandHC @ Dec 22nd 2012, 9:54 PM) *

Isn't that harsh for Cassadee?

Not really.

Anyways, at least she is still doing music at some capacity and at the very least we know Cassadee will have on point backup vocals I suppose.

--------------------
A113: Johnson. Preston. Watson. Meuse. Rose
last.fm|Rest In Peace Gary
+Quote Post
Photon
post Jan 5th 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #31

Just thought I would post a summery update on what Allison has been doing to since the Glamnation tour. She has been quietly exploring various music options and working with various people looking for the combination of people and supportive organization that best fits with what she wants to do. She has been taking occasional gigs including with Cassadee. She has also been writing a lot and occasionally performing covers and original music at various Venus. She is working on her next CD (which may be out in 2013). She has recently announced her band Halo Circus which will be debuting at the Troubadour in LA on January 26th opening for The Teddy Campbell Band.

For continually updated news about what Allison is doing publicly visit Alliholics.com

This post has been edited by Photon: Jan 6th 2013, 9:14 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 9th 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #32

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I can't wait to hear what her band sounds like! I wish I lived close to LA so I could go to the show. Hopefully it'll be more rock than her debut solo stuff and hopefully we can get some decent quality video posted yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Niki
post Jan 19th 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #33

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

I love Cass, but do wish Allison was doing her own music.. she's amazing as well! But atleast she's got the band now too yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily.
TV6: Christina.Morgan.Megan.Clarissa.Madilyn.Bria.
BB: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.Brittany.Victoria.// MChef: Elizabeth.

+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post Jan 29th 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(MyystikSpiral @ Dec 23rd 2012, 7:10 PM) *

No tongue.gif
If it was someone either talented or successful, it would be happy for her. But Cassadee will go nowhere, I think Allison sold a hundred thousand albums. No way will Cassadee do close to that

I think that's more because she's coming off the Voice than anything else. I like Allison, but if Cassadee had a platform like idol, she'd definitely sell more, cause she's more marketable.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 11:17 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol