Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

58 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reed Grimm Fan Thread
music_junkierules
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:04 PM
Post #441

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 19th 2012, 1:04 PM) *

Thats awesome. Not since season 2. shocked.gif

But, Clay. wub.gif
Hope this is a good sign for Reed then. I have a good feeling about him. He already seems to be dominating idol conversations a bit like Clay did. icecream.gif

Yeah my favorites have almost always been girls but Reed is incredible! And he makes it all look so easy!

--------------------
IPB Image
harmonizer for life.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:04 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ladyjudith
post Feb 19th 2012, 4:33 PM
Post #442

Group: Members

QUOTE(Cool65 @ Feb 18th 2012, 6:40 AM) *

Please accept that this is posted in jest and not to be insulting.
Have you seen the videos of Reed in his previous band when he had longer hair and a beard.

(I really liked the Reed album that natesheadbander posted. I like Jethro Tull and Reed but I do find it hard to watch them, maybe I'll learn)

Cool! I laughed but I didn't want to! Ha! Reed wasn't that bad, was he? I'll agree he's not a dancer. So, let's keep him behind a mic or drums or guitar or whateve, ok rolleyes.gif

What do you like about Reed though? I think he's a great performer that keeps me interested and entertained. He sounded very good last week also.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:39 PM
Post #443

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

He just makes me smile. original.gif

QUOTE(music_junkierules @ Feb 19th 2012, 4:04 PM) *

Yeah my favorites have almost always been girls but Reed is incredible! And he makes it all look so easy!

Outside of Clay my early faves were almost always girls it seemed. Since Allison though I feel I have been leaning more towards the guys.

I like several of the girls this season but it remains to be seen if one will "grab me" like Reed has. I don't vote by gender either. I vote for who I connect with.

Right now, Reed has my votes.

I might vote for a girl to make the top 24 if ONE stands out to me more then others.

But, Reed is the one who has grabbed my interest first this year. So sorry girls. icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:50 PM
Post #444

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 19th 2012, 5:39 PM) *

Outside of Clay my early faves were almost always girls it seemed. Since Allison though I feel I have been leaning more towards the guys.

I like several of the girls this season but it remains to be seen if one will "grab me" like Reed has. I don't vote by gender either. I vote for who I connect with.

I might vote for a girl to make the top 24 if ONE stands out to me more then others.

But, Reed is the one who has grabbed my interest first this year. So sorry girls. icecream.gif

Agreed! Not only is he a great singer but he's so likeable! How can people hate this guy?! happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:52 PM
Post #445

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Feb 19th 2012, 7:50 PM) *

Agreed! Not only is he a great singer but he's so likeable! How can people hate this guy?! happy.gif

No idea. no.gif He is precious.

Nice to see us on the same page so far this season. I got a bit carried away last year being protective of Scotty I do admit fear.gif .

Nice to see a few Lauren and Scotty fans part of this thread in general. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ladyjudith
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #446

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 19th 2012, 7:39 PM) *

Tiff!

I'm a huge Clay fan also! I just got a box of CD's from Amazon yesterday that has 2 of Clay's in it. Small world!

However, I find myself listening to Reed's performances over and over and over. I will wake up at night thinking about them with a smile on my face. I sure hope he makes the top 12 cuz I want to vote my fingers of for this boy. Each new performance becomes my favorite until he makes another one. Now I love them all! "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" is now on replay until next week ....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #447

QUOTE(ladyjudith @ Feb 19th 2012, 7:54 PM) *

Tiff!

I'm a huge Clay fan also! I just got a box of CD's from Amazon yesterday that has 2 of Clay's in it. Small world!

However, I find myself listening to Reed's performances over and over and over. I will wake up at night thinking about them with a smile on my face. I sure hope he makes the top 12 cuz I want to vote my fingers of for this boy. Each new performance becomes my favorite until he makes another one. Now I love them all! "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" is now on replay until next week ....

Clay wub.gif

As for Reed, we gotta vote hard.

I do think he MUST make it. He will own some of the theme weeks IMO. I want to see his take on a lot of stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Feb 19th 2012, 7:58 PM
Post #448

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 19th 2012, 5:52 PM) *

No idea. no.gif He is precious.

Nice to see us on the same page so far this season. I got a bit carried away last year being protective of Scotty I do admit fear.gif .
Nice to see a few Lauren and Scotty fans part of this thread in general. thumbsup.gif

No worries. I actually kinda grew from the Lauren fan base which is kinda sad. I'm just not as invested. I still follow both their careers but to a lesser extent. Both their careers are taking off though especially Scotty which is wonderful!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
music_junkierules
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:07 PM
Post #449

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

I feel like I grow out of a lot of the fan bases that I was a part of because during the seasons, it's almost like being in a bubble alongside the contestants...and you don't realize just how intense and over the top everyone was until after tour and then it's just more fun following your favorites' careers and supporting their music.

--------------------
IPB Image
harmonizer for life.
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:08 PM
Post #450

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Feb 19th 2012, 7:58 PM) *

No worries. I actually kinda grew from the Lauren fan base which is kinda sad. I'm just not as invested. I still follow both their careers but to a lesser extent. Both their careers are taking off though especially Scotty which is wonderful!

I took quite a few months off from the forums. I kept up with Scotty though. I still do. I check in sometimes there. Wow a lot of new people there. shocked.gif I am glad both have done so well. I needed a break though. I probably need a break from country this year too. haha.gif

QUOTE(music_junkierules @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:07 PM) *

I feel like I grow out of a lot of the fan bases that I was a part of because during the seasons, it's almost like being in a bubble alongside the contestants...and you don't realize just how intense and over the top everyone was until after tour and then it's just more fun following your favorites' careers and supporting their music.

This. yes.gif

I still read everything Scotty related though but don't necessarily always on his forums. Scotty's forum was not even the most active forum here last year by far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #451

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 19th 2012, 6:08 PM) *

I took quite a few months off from the forums. I kept up with Scotty though. I still do. I check in sometimes there. Wow a lot of new people there. shocked.gif I am glad both have done so well. I needed a break though. I probably need a break from country this year too. haha.gif

Oh my god yes. noexpression.gif I am countried out. There's like a surge of country people this year and they aren't that great. Baylie Brown is ok though. That's why Reed is a breath of fresh air! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cool65
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #452

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

QUOTE(ladyjudith @ Feb 19th 2012, 9:33 PM) *

What do you like about Reed though?

In truth, I'm not really sure yet. I did like his album and enjoyed a couple of vids I saw.

I could end up a massive fan but I find it hard to resist making jokes about him. (and I really do resist) because I don't want people to take it as 'hate'
But be prepared, if I do declare myself a massive fan, I won't resist making jokes about him.
Maybe that is one of the things I do like about him, I feel he wouldn't mind and would laugh at himself as much as anyone. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:28 PM
Post #453

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:16 PM) *

Oh my god yes. noexpression.gif I am countried out. There's like a surge of country people this year and they aren't that great. Baylie Brown is ok though. That's why Reed is a breath of fresh air! grin.gif

Is Baylie even that country? Guess we will see. Yeah I am a bit countried out right now. fear.gif I never thought I would say this either.

QUOTE(Cool65 @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:17 PM) *

In truth, I'm not really sure yet. I did like his album and enjoyed a couple of vids I saw.

I could end up a massive fan but I find it hard to resist making jokes about him. (and I really do resist) because I don't want people to take it as 'hate'
But be prepared, if I do declare myself a massive fan, I won't resist making jokes about him.
Maybe that is one of the things I do like about him, I feel he wouldn't mind and would laugh at himself as much as anyone. thumbsup.gif

Jokes are fine if they are tasteful. I agree, he is probably the type who could poke fun at himself too. However I do sense there might be a vulnerable side in him too that might be more sensitive then we think.

A few random pics I like:

IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Tiff19: Feb 19th 2012, 8:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cool65
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #454

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 20th 2012, 1:25 AM) *

Jokes are fine if they are tasteful. I agree, he is probably the type who could poke fun at himself too. However I do sense there might be a vulnerable side in him too that might be more sensitive then we think.

I'm sure my 'jokes' would only be about his performing style, never about anything personal. I would find that very objectionable.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:41 PM
Post #455

I like Reed, he's quite interesting. He's been a little on and off for me but overall he's quite the entertainer. I especially like his personality. His voice is growing on me too. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sig: Elliott. AI 13: Jena, Sam, Caleb, Jess, Malaya, Majesty, MK, Emily, Kristen
Hollywood Contestants Thread Jess Meuse Curse Thread
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 19th 2012, 8:54 PM
Post #456

QUOTE(Cool65 @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:32 PM) *

I'm sure my 'jokes' would only be about his performing style, never about anything personal. I would find that very objectionable.

thumbsup.gif No problem with me. I like to joke around too. Last year many of us made fun of Scotty's red plaid obsession actually.

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Feb 19th 2012, 8:41 PM) *

I like Reed, he's quite interesting. He's been a little on and off for me but overall he's quite the entertainer. I especially like his personality. His voice is growing on me too. yes.gif

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DragonBahamut
post Feb 20th 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #457

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Feb 20th 2012, 9:08 AM) *

This. yes.gif
I still read everything Scotty related though but don't necessarily always on his forums. Scotty's forum was not even the most active forum here last year by far.

That's 'coz you left us for a while. LOL

Anyways, welcome to the new fans.

--------------------
WGWG for the win! Phillip Phillips
Fave: BGT2012 - The Amazing Sam Kelly Youtube
David Archuleta's new song: Forevermore

When my dragons are grown, they will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me. We will lay waste to armies and we will burn cities to the ground. Turn us away and we will burn you first. ~ daenerys targaryen ~
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Agreen
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:25 AM
Post #458

Reed is definitely my favorite this year. His singing is underrated and he's an excellent musician. It also helps that he has the most interesting personality and always gives an entertaining performance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Feb 20th 2012, 3:42 AM
Post #459

QUOTE(DragonBahamut @ Feb 20th 2012, 2:00 AM) *

That's 'coz you left us for a while. LOL

Anyways, welcome to the new fans.

lol but to be fair I kinda warned I might be becoming busier soon when I left. And I was. I also wanted to just enjoy his music at times. I think I got a bit burned out voting on polls/requesting/tracking. He is doing just fine though and I am very proud. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

It was amazing how the forum exploded after he won. We had not much more then 15,000 posts when he won. He gained so many new fans on IDF and I am glad he did.

QUOTE(Agreen @ Feb 20th 2012, 3:25 AM) *

Reed is definitely my favorite this year. His singing is underrated and he's an excellent musician. It also helps that he has the most interesting personality and always gives an entertaining performance.

Welcome. bye1.gif I agree. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DragonBahamut
post Feb 20th 2012, 6:41 AM
Post #460

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

@ Tiff, I agree. heart.gif

Anyways, I see that Reed has his fair share of "haters" as of now. Threatened much? giggle.gif

--------------------
WGWG for the win! Phillip Phillips
Fave: BGT2012 - The Amazing Sam Kelly Youtube
David Archuleta's new song: Forevermore

When my dragons are grown, they will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me. We will lay waste to armies and we will burn cities to the ground. Turn us away and we will burn you first. ~ daenerys targaryen ~
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

58 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 9:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol