Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

970 Pages V « < 968 969 970   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strap on your hooker boots, girls!, Off Topic Thread- merged
toyall123
post Mar 5th 2014, 1:06 AM
Post #19381

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

music.gif

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 5th 2014, 1:06 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Southeast
post Mar 7th 2014, 2:47 PM
Post #19382

Okay, I'm posting this in OT since it's more a music industry question for country fan 1980.

I have seen the accusation over the last several months with regard to Randy Houser 'stealing' Runnin Outa Moonlight. Help me understand the reasoning behind that, if you will......,

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Mar 7th 2014, 5:29 PM
Post #19383

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Southeast @ Mar 7th 2014, 2:47 PM) *

Okay, I'm posting this in OT since it's more a music industry question for country fan 1980.

I have seen the accusation over the last several months with regard to Randy Houser 'stealing' Runnin Outa Moonlight. Help me understand the reasoning behind that, if you will......,

No one knows the exact details of what went down. This all came out after Randy had it out on radio. Scotty had ROOM on hold and was very excited about recording the song. His friends started tweeting him comments poking fun at the situation, in joking manner only friends do of course, at Scotty whenever they heard the song playing, and Scotty would comment with something like "smh." But he hasn't made any detailed comment. The writer of the song Dallas Davidson could have been the one to take the song from Scotty and give it to Randy. It could have been a label or publisher's issue. Randy himself could have persuaded the situation. So all we really know is Scotty was going to record the song and then suddenly Randy had it out on radio. This isn't an uncommon situation. It's gone on for decades in the music business. Its all part of industry politics and is common for artists who look to publishers for songs they are going to record, rather than write an entire album him or herself.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Mar 7th 2014, 5:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Southeast
post Mar 7th 2014, 9:35 PM
Post #19384

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Mar 7th 2014, 6:29 PM) *

No one knows the exact details of what went down. This all came out after Randy had it out on radio. Scotty had ROOM on hold and was very excited about recording the song. His friends started tweeting him comments poking fun at the situation, in joking manner only friends do of course, at Scotty whenever they heard the song playing, and Scotty would comment with something like "smh." But he hasn't made any detailed comment. The writer of the song Dallas Davidson could have been the one to take the song from Scotty and give it to Randy. It could have been a label or publisher's issue. Randy himself could have persuaded the situation. So all we really know is Scotty was going to record the song and then suddenly Randy had it out on radio. This isn't an uncommon situation. It's gone on for decades in the music business. Its all part of industry politics and is common for artists who look to publishers for songs they are going to record, rather than write an entire album him or herself.

Okay. I'm under the impression that a song is the intellectual property of the songwriter(s), right?
So, Scotty himself didn't have a role in writing ROM.
So, it seems to me that the writers are free to release their song, their intellectual property, to whomever they wish. So, if Randy has been working/playing/writing in Nash for a number of years, then he's likely friends or acquaintances with some of these songwriters.
Seems to me that the writers simply decided to give ROM to the singer that they'd known longer and liked better.
That's show business. That's life, for that matter. Not everything is going to go your way. I personally don't think this warrants the whole "Randy Houser is a song-poacher" narrative.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Mar 7th 2014, 9:46 PM
Post #19385

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(Southeast @ Mar 7th 2014, 9:35 PM) *

Okay. I'm under the impression that a song is the intellectual property of the songwriter(s), right?
So, it seems to me that the writers are free to release their song, their intellectual property, to whomever they wish. So, if Randy has been working/playing/writing in Nash for a number of years, then he's likely friends or acquaintances with some of these songwriters.
Seems to me that the writers simply decided to give ROM to the singer that they'd known longer and liked better.
That's show business. That's life, for that matter. Not everything is going to go your way. I personally don't think this warrants the whole "Randy Houser is a song-poacher" narrative.

The whole story has pretty much been a guessing game. But Scotty recorded some great Summer song material on his new album that is just as good, if not better than ROM in my opinion. I'm sure we'll be hearing one of them on radio in the next couple months. Rumor is "Feelin' It" is the choice but it's not confirmed. He did it at the CRS Radio convention and the radio people in attendance seemed to respond well to it. So all worked out great in the end.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Mar 7th 2014, 9:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Southeast
post Mar 25th 2014, 2:23 PM
Post #19386

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Mar 7th 2014, 10:46 PM) *

The whole story has pretty much been a guessing game. But Scotty recorded some great Summer song material on his new album that is just as good, if not better than ROM in my opinion. I'm sure we'll be hearing one of them on radio in the next couple months. Rumor is "Feelin' It" is the choice but it's not confirmed. He did it at the CRS Radio convention and the radio people in attendance seemed to respond well to it. So all worked out great in the end.

well, that's nice that he found other songs that he and his fans like, but the outcome still doesn't explain the why of the continued badmouthing of Randy Houser by Scotty's fans and inner circle. If the final decision as to who records their song is made by the songwriters, then why aren't you all going after Dallas Davidson, et al ?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Mar 26th 2014, 6:45 AM
Post #19387

QUOTE(Southeast @ Mar 25th 2014, 2:23 PM) *

well, that's nice that he found other songs that he and his fans like, but the outcome still doesn't explain the why of the continued badmouthing of Randy Houser by Scotty's fans and inner circle. If the final decision as to who records their song is made by the songwriters, then why aren't you all going after Dallas Davidson, et al ?

Maybe because they don't have the titanium balls to do it grin.gif

People have different ways of looking at it and that's it for them.I believe the songwriters have the last word as to who will record their songs,that is ,after all the song is the songwriters' property,he created it.

This post has been edited by ellen49: Mar 26th 2014, 6:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Mar 26th 2014, 8:50 AM
Post #19388

QUOTE(Southeast @ Mar 7th 2014, 10:35 PM) *

Yeah well if the same happened to Lauren her fans would feel the same way it is what it is .I'm not convinced that if Scotty did release the song it would of hit number 1 anyway radio has just now excepted Scotty for the most part.I personally don't think the song was ground breaking anyway but Randy just came off of a number one song so I'm sure the writer figured this song would do the same . It's no secret that Scotty and Lauren Fans Protect Them At ANY Cost Im Sure Scotty’s fans are more bent out of shape about it then Scotty is i think the frustration with radio is the reason Scotty's fans lashed out Lauren Fans know this all to well. if I was Scotty I would never consider that song writer ever again I wouldn't trust him I'll just bet as soon as Scotty gets that number one that guy will be knocking at his front door and I hope Scotty’s response will be sorry nobody is home. the guy burned a bridge with an up and coming super star.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Southeast
post Mar 27th 2014, 9:40 AM
Post #19389

QUOTE(stylin1188 @ Mar 26th 2014, 9:50 AM) *

Yeah well if the same happened to Lauren her fans would feel the same way it is what it is .I'm not convinced that if Scotty did release the song it would of hit number 1 anyway radio has just now excepted Scotty for the most part.I personally don't think the song was ground breaking anyway but Randy just came off of a number one song so I'm sure the writer figured this song would do the same . It's no secret that Scotty and Lauren Fans Protect Them At ANY Cost Im Sure Scotty’s fans are more bent out of shape about it then Scotty is i think the frustration with radio is the reason Scotty's fans lashed out Lauren Fans know this all to well. if I was Scotty I would never consider that song writer ever again I wouldn't trust him I'll just bet as soon as Scotty gets that number one that guy will be knocking at his front door and I hope Scotty’s response will be sorry nobody is home. the guy burned a bridge with an up and coming super star.

Well, with relation to Lauren, since you brought her into the discussion, if you look on social media, you'll see that she is consistently complimentary and supportive of her peers in the music business and quick to offer congratulations to them when they hit career milestones. For her, artists like Kacey, Cassadee, Danielle and the like are friends to enjoy and support as opposed to enemies or competitors that have to be defeated or beaten out while jockeying for position. Simply put, she works diligently while treating her peers well and has a grateful attitude, and this is why I'm a fan.
Having said that, I think that it's probably rather common for artists just starting out to get passed over for getting to record the songs they might like to, based on what countryfan1980 said. I don't know if this has happened with Lauren yet, but it might at some point. However, I don't think it's the sort of thing that fans would get wind of , and I can't imagine her inner circle talking about it.

As for Dallas Davidson, last I checked he has 17 #1 singles in his resume, so I can't imagine he has any trouble finding artists to record his songs haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Mar 27th 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #19390

QUOTE(Southeast @ Mar 27th 2014, 10:40 AM) *

Well, with relation to Lauren, since you brought her into the discussion, if you look on social media, you'll see that she is consistently complimentary and supportive of her peers in the music business and quick to offer congratulations to them when they hit career milestones. For her, artists like Kacey, Cassadee, Danielle and the like are friends to enjoy and support as opposed to enemies or competitors that have to be defeated or beaten out while jockeying for position. Simply put, she works diligently while treating her peers well and has a grateful attitude, and this is why I'm a fan.
Having said that, I think that it's probably rather common for artists just starting out to get passed over for getting to record the songs they might like to, based on what countryfan1980 said. I don't know if this has happened with Lauren yet, but it might at some point. However, I don't think it's the sort of thing that fans would get wind of , and I can't imagine her inner circle talking about it.

As for Dallas Davidson, last I checked he has 17 #1 singles in his resume, so I can't imagine he has any trouble finding artists to record his songs haha.gif

I agree Scotty respects and are friends with his peers as well . His fans well that another story. Ive have been to about 18 of his concerts and have met him 6 times im almost family haha.gif Its the fans on idol forum that are upset about Houser most have gone to concerts and met him as well that's a small portion of his fans the rest have no clue about the Houser drama .

--------------------
+Quote Post
toyall123
post Jul 14th 2014, 8:13 PM
Post #19391

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

icecream.gif

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ellen49
post Sep 25th 2014, 6:50 PM
Post #19392

Idol news of the Day blushing.gif

Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo broke-up sad.gif crying.gif I thought they are married, good news or bad to some, Jason Aldean is engaged to Brittany Kerr. innocent.gif

This post has been edited by ellen49: Sep 25th 2014, 6:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

970 Pages V « < 968 969 970
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 12:23 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol