Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

195 Pages V « < 193 194 195   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lewis' lists 2.0, Starting anew!
Harkins
post Yesterday, 2:03 PM
Post #3881

Group: NX Subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDFEQVjZdZk

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Yesterday, 2:03 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

totes4totes
post Yesterday, 2:05 PM
Post #3882

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

Thanks!!!

flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 2:35 PM
Post #3883

SYTYCD: NL2 Season In Review
Top 16 Performance Show

[VIDEO PLAYLIST]

Evelien & Louis Samba - Like in the last season of SYTYCD US, ballroom really stands out as the weakest of the big 3 umbrella genres in terms of the NL seasons on the whole. This wasn't all that bad to be fair, bit pressed Evelien is dancing bare-footed and still manages to look pretty clunky. Louis isn't the best at partnering either it appears. Okay I lied this was quite bad.

Els & Angelo Quickstep - Poor Angels getting two ballrooms in a row. That being said they make the most of this, again Els looks a lot at ease with the movement, and she has a pretty great top line. Els has nice lines in this, but his frame wasn't that great. So again, pretty good especially by NL standards, but I think both times they're performance and general confidence makes it more enjoyable to watch than most. I already really like them together though.

Suzanne & Samuel Broadway - This was a cute routine and I think they both sold their characters really well, but there wasn't a whole lot to be impressed by. Overall meh, but I must say this was a dirty dirty routine by SYTYCD standards.

Shiobian & Kris Modern - This was interesting. Kris impressed me in what he did, but I didn't really "enjoy" the choreorgraphy. I will say in terms of chemistry and performance between partners I did really get a connection between the, but yeah not my favourite choreography. Really like Kris though.

Saartje & Michael Modern - Another interesting routine. It was nice a nice change of pace from other Modern routines if only because of the bright costumes. Michael really got to showcase his technique as well which was nice. I'd guess he'd be Elliott's favourite were he to ever watch this. Saartke was pretty in this, although can't say she stood out much and if she did it was for not having the best lines etc... but this season is shaping up to be pretty US4 in terms of the routines so far so can't say I was expecting much else.

Oona & Remy Jazz - Still feel bad for Lorenzo, but I've heard a lot about Remy but so I'm sure he'll be just as good. And I really enjoyed this. Can't say it's my favourite of Laurent's work by any stretch, especially towards the end, but they both danced it very well, the tricks were smooth and they had pretty good chemistry for anew partnership.

Noi & Bruno Hip-hop Fast - Music's blocked. sad.gif Can't say I care for military based hip-hops though so I don't feel like I'm missing out, even more so watching the routine albeit on mute

Marleen & Virgil Lyrical Hip-hop - I'm glad Virgil got to show what he can do in his style at least, he looked really great in this, he had a really smooth quality to his dancing which I really enjoyed. Marleen eh. Meh.

Ranking

1. Oona & Remy Jazz
2. Els & Angelo Quickstep
3. Shiobian & Kris Modern
4. Marleen & Virgil Lyrical Hip-hop
5. Saartje & Michael Modern
6. Suzanne & Samuel Broadway
7. Evelien & Louis Samba

If I could watch it with audio, chances are Noi and Bruno would have been around 7th.

Results

Well it was one of the most mediocre shows I've ever seen (not outright bad mind you) so I really don't care what happens. Well of course this is the one week I actually get my ideal bottom 3. When I don't care.

But in terms of the solos:

Evelien - No thanks. Very dance recital performance with none of the finish. She just isn't that great.

Louis - Can't say I enjoyed this either, but at least it was better danced.

Suzanne - Now this I liked. She fell out of her first spin in quite a fashion, but it felt like it had more (any) thought to it.

Samuel - I very much enjoyed this, it was a nice mix of styles and it all came together very nicely and smoothly

Saartje - Weak.

Michael - Loved this. He's probably the best technician of the guys left.

I would have either Evelien or Saartje and Louis leave. Weird how I thought he'd be an early favourite haha.gif

Cool. Completely the opposite of what I wanted on both sides. Cool.

Wait no. Saartje wasn't originally eliminated but then Marlene dropped out. Eh. Glad Saartje was originally cut after her solo at least.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Yesterday, 2:42 PM
Post #3884

Remy gets really good in TUDB.

And like most will agree, aside from Angels being consistently good/amazing, NL2 starts out rough.

Also as much as I love Evgenia on panel I liked her very much as a choreographer.

And the Noi Bruno hip hop was not good iirc

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Yesterday, 2:48 PM
Post #3885

Also, I would rank this week probably the same as you did.

(Saartje is another one I like more after TUDB).

(Evelien also improves starting Top 10).

(I didn't mind losing Samuel).

This post has been edited by totes4totes: Yesterday, 2:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Harkins
post Yesterday, 2:54 PM
Post #3886

QUOTE(totes4totes @ Jul 22nd 2014, 8:48 PM) *

(I didn't mind losing Samuel).

He's one of the only guys I think has performed well across both weeks and had a pretty cool solo that actually showcased himself.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Yesterday, 2:58 PM
Post #3887

QUOTE(Harkins @ Jul 22nd 2014, 2:54 PM) *

He's one of the only guys I think has performed well across both weeks and had a pretty cool solo that actually showcased himself.

I don't think I minded too much because Suzanne grew on me later so she stands out more in my mind from that partnership. I would have probably liked Samuel to have lasted longer than Louis, Bruno, and Virgil but in the long run he wasn't in my Top 10.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SyracuseMug
post Yesterday, 3:12 PM
Post #3888

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. SYTYCD3: Jaimie Goodwin
Fav. SYTYCD5: Janette Manrara
Fav. SYTYCD PO6: Ania Tarnowska

QUOTE(Harkins @ Jul 22nd 2014, 12:35 PM) *

Still feel bad for Lorenzo, but I've heard a lot about Remy but so I'm sure he'll be just as good.

yes.gif

Season 2 may have suffered a bit without Lorenzo, but he played a huge part in the success of Season 3, so I think it worked out well. thumbsup.gif

(BTW, did you notice that the headers from your first two reviews say "NL4"? That had me a little confused at first.) wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Yesterday, 3:22 PM
Post #3889

IPB Image

Casual reminder that Remy is beautiful.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kitty_x
post Yesterday, 4:10 PM
Post #3890

Fav. SYTYCD11: Teddy Coffey

Aside from Angels, NL2 is actually pretty bleh imo. I don't remember any standout routines which didn't have either or both of them. But they are one of the best couples ever on the show fo sho.

--------------------
credits: icon: istersay. sig: andrew.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
sytycd11: teddy. valerie. malene. marcquet. emilio. jacque.
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Yesterday, 4:12 PM
Post #3891

QUOTE(kitty_x @ Jul 22nd 2014, 4:10 PM) *

Aside from Angels, NL2 is actually pretty bleh imo. I don't remember any standout routines which didn't have either or both of them. But they are one of the best couples ever on the show fo sho.

Suzanne and Kris's top 6 routines were both pretty great. I would say standout for sure.

(Also the benefit of having a lot fewer routines in the Netherlands is that Angels are in a good chunk of routines).

This post has been edited by totes4totes: Yesterday, 4:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

195 Pages V « < 193 194 195
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 23rd 2014, 11:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol