Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minneapolis, MN 9/1 Target Center, who is going?
chloerose08
post Jul 14th 2009, 1:02 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey

Alright peeps our show is 48 days away!!!
Seems like forever just bumping this grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank You AI8 Idols! facebook:::twitter:::credit:Batya:
AI9:::Casey James::Danny Gokey::My Best Days ::3/2/10
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 14th 2009, 1:02 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

chloerose08
post Aug 1st 2009, 5:42 PM
Post #22

One more month heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chloerose08
post Aug 21st 2009, 9:24 PM
Post #23

less then 2 weeks!!! whhattt

anyone else going shifty.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chloerose08
post Aug 26th 2009, 4:29 PM
Post #24

less then a week!
where is everyone at?

sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Aug 26th 2009, 4:34 PM
Post #25

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

I'm not going, but I live hella close. cool.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
chloerose08
post Aug 26th 2009, 5:01 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(tireswing @ Aug 26th 2009, 4:34 PM) *

I'm not going, but I live hella close. cool.gif

booo why not haha.gif
are u going to go before the show/after?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lauren6291
post Aug 29th 2009, 9:05 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai
Fav. AI6: Jared Cotter

Only three more nights till the show. The anticipation is setting in whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Plant
post Aug 29th 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #28

I still want to go and I actually found someone who will go too, even though nobody I know likes AI. Now I just need to buy tickets. Yay!

--------------------
+Quote Post
GreatALLENation
post Sep 1st 2009, 7:20 AM
Post #29

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams

You guys are going to have so much fun today! w00t.gif

--------------------
AI10: Casey. Pia.
avi: Archanaa
+Quote Post
chloerose08
post Sep 1st 2009, 7:39 AM
Post #30

I am so pumped!!! grin.gif
I was going to go before the buses but I got after party passes heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Plant
post Sep 1st 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #31

I am so excited because I just bought good tickets for tonight on ticketmaster. But I have a couple questions about Target Center seating if anybody knows anything about it.

On the seating chart, it has floor 1 and floor 2, but then there's also sections A and B right off the corner of the stage. Would those A and B sections be the best seats? Also, does anybody know if seat 1 starts on the outside and goes towards the center or in the center and goes towards the outside?

Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Sep 1st 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(chloerose08 @ Sep 1st 2009, 7:39 AM) *

I am so pumped!!! grin.gif
I was going to go before the buses but I got after party passes heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Congrats!!!! And I just read Michael Sarver's latest tweets. You hung out with them yesterday on their day off??

--------------------
IPB Image
thank you vintage rose for the avatar and blend!
+Quote Post
chloerose08
post Sep 1st 2009, 1:44 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(Hica19 @ Sep 1st 2009, 12:49 PM) *

Congrats!!!! And I just read Michael Sarver's latest tweets. You hung out with them yesterday on their day off??

yes.gif I sure did!! It was amazing

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Sep 1st 2009, 1:50 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(chloerose08 @ Sep 1st 2009, 1:44 PM) *

yes.gif I sure did!! It was amazing

that's so awesome!!!! Lucky!

--------------------
IPB Image
thank you vintage rose for the avatar and blend!
+Quote Post
Plant
post Sep 2nd 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #35

Ok, so I'm going to write a little review because that sounds fun at the moment.

The whole show was amazing. I honestly loved every single one of the idols!

Before it started, there were a ton of people waiting outside by the buses less than 20 minutes before the show started. I was sitting at a bar across the street, thinking that they were being kind of silly because of course they were all inside already. But I was wrong! The only one I saw get out and get into the building was Kris. He just kind of waved and smiled to the crowd and went in.

Michael- I didn't get to see the intro because we were a little late, but that's okay because I was there in time for Michael's first song. I have to admit that before tonight I did not like this guy. I thought that he was just a narrow-minded southern boy. But now I love him. Not sure I would buy his cd or not, but he was amazing tonight. He really showed energy, power, and got the crowd into it. He also seemed like such a sweetheart. He actually looked and pointed at my sister and me, which was sweet.

Megan- Her whole look right now is weird. I mean, it's funny, but is it supposed to be? Anyways, she really impressed me with her voice; it is so much stronger and more versatile than it seemed on the show. The only thing I would say is that she doesn't seem to really like the crowd that match. I don't know, just the vibe I got; at least, she didn't connect with me .

Scott- Scott is Scott. He's never been even close to my favorite and he wasn't tonight, but he was still good. I respect his talent, but I'm just not particularly interested. I was surprised, however, at how good his falsetto sounded live. Did it just not come through well on the show or has he improved since then?

Lil- Oh, Lil. She is hilarious. I loved her whole set; I was on my feet dancing along the entire time. While I agree with Simon that she shows little originality or, as Kara would say, artistry, she is just fun. She also looked and pointed at my sister and me, which was just nice because it seemed like she appreciated our enthusiasm. I loved how shiny she was!

Anoop- I actually missed seeing the first two songs in Anoop's set, but I heard them and they sounded good. I was there for My Prerogative, which was also very good. Vocally, I think he's got it, but I still can't really take him seriously as an R&B artist. Maybe if he was singing his own stuff, I'd see it more, but I don't know. Still, he has a very pretty and clean voice.

Matt- Matt was one of my least favorite on the show because I actually thought he sounded warbly most of the time and his falsetto sometimes hurt my ears. But he surprised me tonight! He sounded so good live and he had such a positive energy. His first song- wow, he was movin all around. Then Georgia was just so soulful and perfect. His piano skills are off the chain. I just couldn't get over it.

Group Song- Wonderful! I loved when they stood in a line at the front of the stage with their mic stands and the lights would illuminate whoever was singing. I wish there were more group songs! I think I'm in the minority, but they should just let each do one solo and the rest duets and group songs.

Intermission

Allison- She is one of my faves. Her set was full of energy and I loved loved loved it. The only thing I would say is that she could maybe connect with the crowd a little more, but I could see where it would be harder for her seeing as she's so young. Plus, as we all know, talking in front of people or a camera is not her strong suit. She also closes her eyes a lot in her performance, which is fine (KC- my fave performer does it all the time), but sometimes it's almost like she's in her own little world.

Danny- Cheers in MN were huge for Danny. Again, I didn't like Danny all season, but was so pleased with him tonight. He seemed so excited and really put everything he had into his performance. I could've done without the sermon, but at least it was more a delivery of a positive message than really preaching. Plus, I have to admit that he's been through some tough times and really does want to make those times a little easier for other people. Danny actually won me over tonight.

Adam- Oh, how I love Adam. The crowd went crazy for him. He is hilarious, especially when he touches himself. I am not sure if I am supposed to take it seriously, but I love it anyway. Every performance was just that- a performance. As my sister said, he's really the only one who has mastered performing. It's not really acting because he connects with the song, but I could also tell that it wasn't all spontaneous. I can't even pick a favorite out of his solo set because they were all so good in their own way. Of course my favorite was Slow Ride, but that's because my 2 faves were involved. I don't remember anything particularly interesting happening during the duet, though. A couple bras and a boa were thrown on stage, but A & A didn't really even acknowledge them.

Kris- MN loved them some Kris, too. He probably got similar, if slightly less, cheers as Adam. On the show, it always seemed like everyone was saying Kris had a weaker voice, even Jason Castro-esque. After tonight, I really don't think so. His voice is powerful and smooth. I loved it. He also won over my sister, who never watched Idol this season, but left as a Kris Allen fan. He looked and smiled at us a couple times, too, which, again, was fun for us. I only didn't get into the matchbox 20 song, but maybe that is because I am not a big fan of that band.

DSB- Probably my favorite because everybody was involved. Yay again for group songs! I need more! So I didn't really see anything too crazy go down, but my sister swears she saw Scott step on Lil's foot and Allison lift her shirt up a little so that her belly was showing. I didn't see these moments, but they sound funny.

There it is. I had a great night. My parting advice is that if you are contemplating going to an american idols concert, but everybody you know thinks it is way too nerdy and refuses to go, keep working until you convince someone to go with you. It it totally worth it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Plant
post Sep 2nd 2009, 3:02 PM
Post #36

I would love to share photos if anyone is interested. Is this where I should upload them? I've never posted photos on a board before.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 21st 2014, 8:23 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol