Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's have a heart to heart..., Is our board dying?
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:21 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Hi guys! I've been getting concerned about our board. It seems to have become a place where to get info only. Gone are the days of witty/deep/controversial conversations.

I'm not sure what brought on the change but it's becoming more and more apparent that the connection we used to have as a family is dwindling.

I see that there are always a lot of "Users" reading and fewer and fewer members logging in and conversation has come to a standstill.

What can we do to revive our board? How do we bring back the non-sensical, sometimes silly, conversations that made this place a home for Adam lovers?

I keep bringing in info along with a few funny tweets from my feed but there is very little response to those. Am I to blame for making it 'too' organized and inflexible?

This place doesn't feel warm and inviting anymore...

Is it just me?

Please weigh in and please do NOT jump on anyone's point of view of cause and effect. We need all the help we can get if we are to restore our happy home!

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Moonlightchiara
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Ummm....I feel it's warm and inviting. flowers.gif And I come here for news. Appreciate all you do for the board. I wasn't here from the beginning so I don't know what it was like.

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:31 PM
Post #3

Ok, I'll be the first to jump in.....

I love this board, but for me it's a matter of coming in from work, and catching up on all the threads, and by that time everyone is pretty much done.

Plus I think it's a matter of not really HAVING a whole lot to talk about right now. We know nothing about his new CD, a new label, no new boyfriend, etc, etc. There are no tours to talk about.

I can't even contribute to Glee talk because I don't watch TV at all.

And I'm not really the kind of personality to speculate, totally lack the imagination for that, lol.

And I totally love all the tweets and info you bring in. I don't do twitter so the only place I get all my info is here.

It is much, much appreciated huggy.gif

I would love to have a thread where we just yak, like we do on my Clay board. I don't know if we have one around here. Just a general everything-goes thread.

That's all I got....sorry, I'm usually not much of a talker, even in real life blushing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:34 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(svca @ Feb 8th 2014, 6:31 PM) *

I would love to have a thread where we just yak, like we do on my Clay board. I don't know if we have one around here. Just a general everything-goes thread.

This is the thread that was meant to become a 'whatever convo' thread.

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=673973

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
svca
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:40 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 8th 2014, 4:34 PM) *

This is the thread that was meant to become a 'whatever convo' thread.

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=673973

Aw, ok, thought that was just for entertainment stuff outside of the Adam world.

I'm actually a really boring person, but I love reading about people's everyday adventures. I will try to participate more and titillate you all with my stories of life, love, and our crazy dog Jack haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:40 PM
Post #6

I agree with Svca, we don't really have much to talk about right now. Things have been quiet while we are waiting for new music, television appearances and whatever else he has planned for us this year....trouble is we don't know what's planned so we don't know what to be excited about.

I love all the tweets that you and everyone else bring in and I can say most days I read every single one of them. There are always a lot of people viewing Adam's board and that says people are still following him and are still interested in what he's up to, but there hasn't been much going on for the past few weeks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:43 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I get that there's a lack of album news but we've had a lot about Glee and American Idol though... Plus the fact that no news never stopped us from going on and on and on about speculashuuunnn!

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
svca
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 8th 2014, 4:43 PM) *

I get that there's a lack of album news but we've had a lot about Glee and American Idol though... Plus the fact that no news never stopped us from going on and on and on about speculashuuunnn!

roll2.gif

Hee, yes we do speculashuuunnnn quite well haha.gif

Unfortunately, for me, though, I have nothing to contribute as far as Glee and AI since I don't watch.

I guess I better get my cable back for Adam, and now with Clay running for Congress fear2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:47 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(svca @ Feb 8th 2014, 6:47 PM) *

Hee, yes we do speculashuuunnnn quite well haha.gif

Unfortunately, for me, though, I have nothing to contribute as far as Glee and AI since I don't watch.

I guess I better get my cable back for Adam, and now with Clay running for Congress fear2.gif

Torrents are your friends... Just sayin'.... whistling.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
ohiogal
post Feb 8th 2014, 6:54 PM
Post #10

Speaking from experience in a lot of fandoms, this is part of the natural life cycle of any discussion board/fandom.

When something's going on, there's tons to talk about, lots of speculation, etc.

But right now, Adam isn't really doing much of anything that hasn't been talked about already. His Glee appearances haven't happened yet, he doesn't have a label or any new music to discuss - or even rumors of new music - and he isn't on any other TV shows etc.

So, there's a lull. That's OK, it's still a fun place to come to. Now when Adam's career picks back up, things will perk back up, but for now it's just a quiet time. That's the way it goes. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
loxie
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:01 PM
Post #11

I started going to Adamtopia when this board was inaccessible but I love everything you do for us here.

Now I check both boards but find this is the best place to come to for all the news and tweets, instagrams, photos, videos, etc. Love the layout which is simpler graphically and easier to follow.

Perhaps the demographic here is a bit older and as a result, not as gossipy (?). Again, Adam has achieved the success we were all hoping he would. Now, it's a matter of ...where does he go from here and when's that new album/single/Queen tour happening?

Please don't feel discouraged. As soon as the new stuff breaks through, more people will be coming back to check this board.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SueB
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:14 PM
Post #12

Yeah, it's just a lull because Adam isn't as visible right now. When he gets back on Glee or has album or touring news, it'll pick up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:16 PM
Post #13

And as I was coming back to post about the difficulties of the Error 502 messages, I couldn't get in because of an Error 502 message!!!

Those have been really frustrating, makes it difficult to post.

I don't want this board to go anywhere, this is my Adam family. I also believe this is just a lull in the action. He did promise us an exciting year, or was that Shosh? so I'm buckling up and getting ready for the ride!!!!!!

I love this boy wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
lizziek
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:30 PM
Post #14

Fav. Adam Rocks My World !

I love this board and think of it as my Adam home. Thank you Marie for all the news you round up for those of us who don't have the time to prowl the internet. I've just recently upgraded my internet, so now I don't get kicked off every time I try to post, so I'll try to contribute more. flowers.gif

I think I have the winter blahs...so sick of snow. sad.gif As has been said by others, there isn't really much news to discuss. I'm hoping this year will be awesome for Adam and we will have lots to discuss regarding Queenbert and new music. I love the teaser pics from Glee and hope Adam will get more offers when the world sees what a great actor as well as singer he is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:34 PM
Post #15

Fav. Adam Lambert

This is the first fandom I have ever been in.....

I have enjoyed all the give and take we have all shared over these..... 5 years w00t.gif

Can't believe we have shared 5 years of Adam goodness.....He has brought so much joy to us all flowers.gif

I agree with those that have said.... nothing is outwardly happening in Adam's journey....currently

Surely there are things going on behind the scene....however...... for us....it is somewhat quiet.......

I do follow twitter....and...try to bring in some things when it seems Marie isn't around or busy.....

Many of us seem to be on different schedules.....so we are not here at the same time.... unsure.gif

A BIG.....thank you to Marie & all the others who bring in so many goodies........

I feel at the end of February when Adam is on TV....& we get some actual Qbert news !!!

We will all be bursting with excitement again....

Hopefully we will have new Adam music....soon-ish !!!

I totally agree with Adam.... something will be terribly wrong.....if he isn't signed soon.....

Keeping my fingers crossed for Adam being signed and new Adam music & Queenbert news !!!! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:42 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

I've been reading all your posts and perhaps I just got a case of the winter blahs... I'm glad to read that you feel it's just a lull before the storm and that people will jump in once news starts filtering down.

OOOOOF!!!!!

Thanks for the reassurance guys!!!!!

huggy.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:45 PM
Post #17

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 8th 2014, 7:42 PM) *

I've been reading all your posts and perhaps I just got a case of the winter blahs... I'm glad to read that you feel it's just a lull before the storm and that people will jump in once news starts filtering down.

OOOOOF!!!!!

huggy.gif

You are the best BB huggy.gif

And...yes.....this winter is getting on my last nerve thumbdown.gif

Bring on a Summer Queenbert mini tour !!!! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Moonlightchiara
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:48 PM
Post #18

OOOOOF!!!!!

huggy.gif

flowers.gif huggy.gif thumbsup.gif

OOOOOF!!!!!

huggy.gif

flowers.gif huggy.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:49 PM
Post #19

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I'm very interested in this board and check it several times daily. Sometimes, I do feel funny posting because I feel like it's coming across as bragging if I'm sharing Adam stuff that I find out here in L.A. That's never my goal. I'm just excited to share it.

I'm also a little gun shy after being jumped all over on the Relationship Speculating thread. It got nasty over there. So sometimes, it's just like it's safer all around to not post anything but just read.

Right now, Joy and I are at the Hilton Universal Hotel getting ready for the big shindig tonight. We're very excited. Last night, I slipped in the bathtub and wrecked my toe. We have to walk up the hill in very high heels tonight, which I never ever wear, but we are competing with each other, I think. This will be quite a night. Wish me luck!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 8th 2014, 7:55 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(sandyrk @ Feb 8th 2014, 7:49 PM) *

I'm very interested in this board and check it several times daily. Sometimes, I do feel funny posting because I feel like it's coming across as bragging if I'm sharing Adam stuff that I find out here in L.A. That's never my goal. I'm just exited to share it.

I'm also a little gun shy after being jumped all over on the Relationship Speculating thread. It got nasty over there. So sometimes, I just like it's safer all around to not post anything but just read.

Right now, Joy and I are at the Hilton Universal Hotel getting ready for the big shindig tonight. We're very excited. Last night, I slipped in the bathtub and wrecked my toe. We have to walk up the hill in very high heels tonight, which I never ever wear, but we are competing with each other, I think. This will be quite a night. Wish me luck!!

AWWWW! Sorry about your toe!

Pfffffftttt! You'll beat Joy in a flash

Gelllusss!!! That you'll be at the shindig!

Thrilled!!!! That we'll have inside info on what's going on!

THREAT LEVEL ONE: You better keep us posted!

bleh.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Mar 31st 2015, 3:32 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol