Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> VH1 Behind The Music, Airing August 7 at 10:00 p.m. ET
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

APRIL 1
I thought I would start a thread for this as I've been seeing a lot of talk about this on Twitter lately. Its now been confirmed that Adam Lambert is getting his own VH1 Behind the Music Specail

Updates:

Here's what all of our detecting has uncovered so far (we think!)
w00twave: wink.gif icecream.gif original.gif heart.gif yes.gif thumbsup.gif

@pagejeter Page Jeter
VH1's Behind the Music @adamlambert with Kris Allen interview at @tru_hollywood! http://twitpic.com/4frzqm
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
IPB Image

@pagejeter: no april fool's joke, people. there will be a Behind the Music on Adam Lambert filmed at @tru_hollywood today! get excited!

@Tru Hollywood
@tru_hollywood 1600 Argyle Ave, Hollywood CA
Tru Hollywood Supper Club has revived the unique aura and sophistication of Old Hollywood.

RT by tru_hollywood
http://twitpic.com/4frzqm - VH1 interview at @tru_hollywood with Kris Allen

@IamCarmit Carmit Bachar
Just shot a lil vh1 behind the music 4 a beautiful friend of mine... Luv that my ppl r appreciated as they should b & u get the REAL story
4 Mar Unfavorite Undo Retweet Reply

@ sutanamrull @ negativeneil did your moms makeup today. We miss you so much! Call her dumb dumb! Let's make out when you get back! ;p
7:04 PM Mar 2nd via Echofon

http://twitter.com/pagejeter/status/55025468830777344
@pagejeter Alright Glambert fans - VH1 Behind the Music on @adamlambert is set to air in June! Get ready! Great interview from @tru_hollywood!

Here's what we know about her:Page Jeter
Publicist. Photographer. Music Junkie. Animal Lover. Dodgeball Captain.
http://www.pagejeter.com

Behind the Music is a television series on VH1. It originally ran from 1997 to 2006, before it was stopped and only aired new episodes sporadically. The series places its generality on documentation of musical artists or groups whom are interviewed and profiled upon and discuss how their careers became successful and what hardships they undertook. The show was re-aired on September 10, 2009, documenting profiles of T.I., Lil Wayne, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia Barrino, Eve, 50 Cent, and Pink.[1]
Contents [hide]
1 Premise
2 Musicians
3 Other features
4 In popular culture
5 See also
6 External links
7 References
[edit]Premise

Each show focuses on a musician or musical group, documenting both the successes of the musicians and the problems they faced during their careers. Except for the first two episodes (which focused on Milli Vanilli and M.C. Hammer), all programs are narrated by Jim Forbes. Forbes was later used to narrate the Milli Vanilli episode when it was modified to include the death of Rob Pilatus. The UK airings of the episodes focusing on Thin Lizzy and Genesis were narrated by Mary Anne Hobbs while Forbes narrated the US airings.
VH1's criterion for choosing the musicians who appear on the show is, in many cases, to profile those who are no longer in the music industry, or were moderately significant in rock history. This is as opposed to VH1's other biography show, VH1's Legends, which profiles musicians that have been very significant to the industry. However, there are some artists that were profiled on both Behind the Music and Legends, including Tina Turner, Elton John, The Who (although their Behind the Music exclusively focused on their drummer Keith Moon), John Lennon (although Behind The Music exclusively focused on the months and days leading to his murder in 1980) and Pink Floyd (although their Behind the Music was the U.S. airing of the BBC produced documentary Behind the Wall in June 2000). The Pink Floyd: Behind the Wall documentary focused mainly on the making of the band's 1979 album The Wall, the concert shows that went with it and the making of the Pink Floyd: The Wall movie and features no narrator.
Another episode of Behind the Music on KISS was re-christened KISS: Beyond the Makeup in July 2001 (which was 2 hours in length). This featured Matt Pinfield, formerly of MTV's 120 Minutes, as narrator instead of Jim Forbes.
Behind the Music came to be after Paul Gallagher and George Moll produced a one-hour special entitled Dying in Vein which first aired on VH1 in December 1996. While Dying in Vein was a magazine style show, its approach to storytelling served as the prototype for Behind the Music.

This post has been edited by islandgirljams: Apr 4th 2011, 5:43 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:09 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jnmk
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:19 PM
Post #2

this would be so amazing!!! seems too early for album 2 pr, but maybe they'll tie it to his lead-single launch? post production probably takes a while. wasnt true hollywood story filmed in july but didn't air until november?

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:22 PM
Post #3

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 8:09 PM) *

I thought I would start a thread for this as I've been seeing a lot of talk about this on Twitter lately.

It started a few weeks ago when Carmit Bachar tweeted about being interviewed by VH1 BTM for a dear friend.

Then today, lots of stuff about Kris Allen being interviewed... and then this tweet!! and picture
@pagejeter Page Jeter
VH1's Behind the Music @adamlambert with Kris Allen interview at @tru_hollywood! http://twitpic.com/4frzqm
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

IPB Image
Here's what we know about her:Page Jeter
Publicist. Photographer. Music Junkie. Animal Lover. Dodgeball Captain.
http://www.pagejeter.com
WHataya guys think??
Behind the Music is a television series on VH1. It originally ran from 1997 to 2006, before it was stopped and only aired new episodes sporadically. The series places its generality on documentation of musical artists or groups whom are interviewed and profiled upon and discuss how their careers became successful and what hardships they undertook. The show was re-aired on September 10, 2009, documenting profiles of T.I., Lil Wayne, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia Barrino, Eve, 50 Cent, and Pink.[1]
Contents [hide]
1 Premise
2 Musicians
3 Other features
4 In popular culture
5 See also
6 External links
7 References
[edit]Premise

Each show focuses on a musician or musical group, documenting both the successes of the musicians and the problems they faced during their careers. Except for the first two episodes (which focused on Milli Vanilli and M.C. Hammer), all programs are narrated by Jim Forbes. Forbes was later used to narrate the Milli Vanilli episode when it was modified to include the death of Rob Pilatus. The UK airings of the episodes focusing on Thin Lizzy and Genesis were narrated by Mary Anne Hobbs while Forbes narrated the US airings.
VH1's criterion for choosing the musicians who appear on the show is, in many cases, to profile those who are no longer in the music industry, or were moderately significant in rock history. This is as opposed to VH1's other biography show, VH1's Legends, which profiles musicians that have been very significant to the industry. However, there are some artists that were profiled on both Behind the Music and Legends, including Tina Turner, Elton John, The Who (although their Behind the Music exclusively focused on their drummer Keith Moon), John Lennon (although Behind The Music exclusively focused on the months and days leading to his murder in 1980) and Pink Floyd (although their Behind the Music was the U.S. airing of the BBC produced documentary Behind the Wall in June 2000). The Pink Floyd: Behind the Wall documentary focused mainly on the making of the band's 1979 album The Wall, the concert shows that went with it and the making of the Pink Floyd: The Wall movie and features no narrator.
Another episode of Behind the Music on KISS was re-christened KISS: Beyond the Makeup in July 2001 (which was 2 hours in length). This featured Matt Pinfield, formerly of MTV's 120 Minutes, as narrator instead of Jim Forbes.
Behind the Music came to be after Paul Gallagher and George Moll produced a one-hour special entitled Dying in Vein which first aired on VH1 in December 1996. While Dying in Vein was a magazine style show, its approach to storytelling served as the prototype for Behind the Music.

This seems very interesting Isla.....I see Kris....however, I don't see Adam blushing.gif Do you thing this will mainly spotlight Adam ????.....or both Adam and Kris ???? VH1 seems to love Adam wub.gif Keep us posted huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:30 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Apr 1st 2011, 7:22 PM) *

This seems very interesting Isla.....I see Kris....however, I don't see Adam blushing.gif Do you thing this will mainly spotlight Adam ????.....or both Adam and Kris ???? VH1 seems to love Adam wub.gif Keep us posted huggy.gif

Not to rain on anyone's parade, this might not be about Adam at all. It could be a interview with Kris about his next single and upcoming album. He's going to release his single before Adam do and this might be about that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
chensuu
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:34 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(bridgette12 @ Apr 1st 2011, 7:30 PM) *

Not to rain on anyone's parade, this might not be about Adam at all. It could be a interview with Kris about his next single and upcoming album. He's going to release his single before Adam do and this might be about that.

Do you mean you think they are doing a BTM on Kris?

--------------------
sig-kaydan avi-standbyme
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #6

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bridgette12 @ Apr 1st 2011, 8:30 PM) *

No parade here....just wondering....who/what.......the topic/spotlight will be flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 7:58 PM
Post #7

omgggggg this just in!!! w00twave.gif wink.gif icecream.gif original.gif heart.gif yes.gif thumbsup.gif

@pagejeter: no april fool's joke, people. there will be a Behind the Music on Adam Lambert.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:03 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 7:58 PM) *

omgggggg this just in!!! w00twave.gif wink.gif icecream.gif original.gif heart.gif yes.gif thumbsup.gif

@pagejeter: no april fool's joke, people. there will be a Behind the Music on Adam Lambert.

This is great news....can't wait icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:14 PM
Post #9

RT by tru_hollywood
[/size]

Awww,,,,, i cant believe they interviewed Kris for Adam wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:16 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 6:58 PM) *

Wow...great news...actually amazing news !!! ....I assume the emphasis will be this?....
"Each show focuses on a musician or musical group, documenting both the successes of the musicians and the problems they faced during their careers."

since he is not this..... haha.gif
VH1's criterion for choosing the musicians who appear on the show is, in many cases, to profile those who are no longer in the music industry, or were moderately significant in rock history.

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:18 PM
Post #11

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 8:58 PM) *

Yeah !!!!! Can't wait w00tbounce.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:21 PM
Post #12

found it!!!

@IamCarmit Carmit Bachar
Just shot a lil vh1 behind the music 4 a beautiful friend of mine... Luv that my ppl r appreciated as they should b & u get the REAL story

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:25 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(chensuu @ Apr 1st 2011, 7:34 PM) *

Do you mean you think they are doing a BTM on Kris?

No I don't think they are doing a BTM on Kris, he's not successful or famous enough to get one. I just thought it was just a ordinary interview about what he's doing and his upcoming album.

w00t.gif Wow, that is so cool, glad to see how much they like him and are interested in his career and music.

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(bridgette12 @ Apr 1st 2011, 7:25 PM) *

No I don't think they are doing a BTM on Kris, he's not successful or famous enough to get one. I just thought it was just a ordinary interview about what he's doing and his upcoming album.
w00t.gif Wow, that is so cool, glad to see how much they like him and are interested in his career and music.

Nope, its for Adam's BTM w00t.gif flowers.gif

RT by tru_hollywood

They also tweeted that the interviews were being held at Tru Hollywood restaurant, see OP for more info

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Apr 1st 2011, 9:15 PM
Post #15

Very cool!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Apr 1st 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #16

@ambiener: What?!?! @adamlambert already has a "Behind The Music" episode--the boy only have been in the business for 2yrs....I still LOVE him tho!!

This is what I heart.gif .......this amazing, dynamic, other worldly man is going to be a legend........ wub.gif

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
Lolly2365
post Apr 1st 2011, 9:58 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 9:21 PM) *

found it!!!
@IamCarmit Carmit Bachar

RT @ sutanamrull @ negativeneil did your moms makeup today. We miss you so much! Call her dumb dumb! Let's make out when you get back! ;p

I have no idea if this is related but it was just two days before @IamCarmit's tweet.

Do you think they will wait to air the "VH1 Behind the Music" until Adam's single or album comes out?

This post has been edited by Lulu2365: Apr 1st 2011, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 9:59 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(sealuv @ Apr 1st 2011, 8:51 PM) *

@ambiener: What?!?! @adamlambert already has a "Behind The Music" episode--the boy only have been in the business for 2yrs....I still LOVE him tho!!

This is what I heart.gif .......this amazing, dynamic, other worldly man is going to be a legend........ wub.gif

Me too!!! Apparently BTM is only for established rock peeps

I'm just SO DAMN PROUD of him getting all of this recognition already w00t.gif thumbsup.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Apr 1st 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Apr 1st 2011, 9:59 PM) *

Me too!!! Apparently BTM is only for established rock peeps

I'm just SO DAMN PROUD of him getting all of this recognition already w00t.gif thumbsup.gif heart.gif

I think they feel he's something special and that his second album will be even better than the first. They just want to get ahead of everyone else who wants to get a piece of him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
islandgirljams
post Apr 1st 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Lulu2365 @ Apr 1st 2011, 8:58 PM) *

RT @ sutanamrull @ negativeneil did your moms makeup today. We miss you so much! Call her dumb dumb! Let's make out when you get back! ;p

I have no idea if this is related but it was just two days before @IamCarmit's tweet.

Do you think they will wait to air the "VH1 Behind the Music" until Adam's single or album comes out?

OMG yaaa, good memory Lulu!!
Yes, that sure seems to fit the pattern lol

I'll add it to our OP detective tweets haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 19th 2014, 4:43 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol