Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flying By with the Butterfly Bandit – Performance Show – 08/29/06
ButterflyBandit
post Aug 29th 2006, 9:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

“Are You Ready For A New Sensation?”

Brooke looks lovely as the show begins. She’s quick to remind us we’ve only got two weeks left, and – while I’m sad that it’s soon over – I’m relieved. You all know I love you very, very, very much (well, those of you who suck up to me and promise me Doritos and booty cake), however, these reviews get rather time consuming on top of essays, notes, and pretending I’m paying attention in Biology. Still, I love these more, so, I’m here. I’m yawning, eating over-processed foods ‘cause I’m too tired to cook, but I’m here.

Let’s get started, before I fall asleep.

After last week’s press catastrophe, things got worse at the mansion. Dilana was in a raw mood, Lukas was smug. Storm was supportive, Magni was bleeding from the head. Toby was Florence, the wise-cracking maid, and Ryan was the nurse who took care of Magni. That’s right. We’re no longer watching CBS. We’re watching SoapNet.

Dilana – in one of her many fits – smashed a glass, a piece of it flying up and scraping Magni’s head. So, it wasn’t a brain injury of ER-proportions (like Lukas made it out to be), but, it was scary for all those involved. As Storm goes to hold Dilana, Ryan goes to check on Magni. Seeing his bleeding head, Ryan asks, “is that where it hit?” I’m thinking to myself, “No, Ryan. He’s complaining about the *other* glass wound to his head. Ignore the big one with the blood gushing out.” I like you, Ryan, but…that was too easy.

Elsewhere in the house, Storm holds Dilana as she wails in her arms. I think in comparison of the two women, it’s easy to see which of them would fit better with the band. One is a consummate performer, and one is an attention-starved drama queen. Storm’s got a very purse soul, something that shined through in these clips. It’s OK that she’ll probably lose, though, since I hate her looking as good as she does at thirty-seven. What? I can be shallow. I’m kidding! I love you, Stormy.

Back at the Studio, Magni updates us on his head. He’s fine. No brain damage. Dilana’s “back” and quoting Britney Spears songs (I’ll leave it up to you if she’s doing it intentionally or not). There’s not too much Q&A, just a commercial, and a performance from Pukas—Erm, Lukas to follow.

Lukas’ Package (wow, that’s icky!): He reveals he loves beer and was working at Hooters before this gig. Hmm. I thought you had to at least be able to see over the stove before they’d let you cook.

Lukas – “Lithium” – Nirvana

He. Cannot. Sing. Listen to him. He has to practically gasp for breath between each word. I’m not understanding the raving reviews for him. Dave thought he was incredible, Tommy was captivated … and, I miss JD. I couldn’t stand JD (you guys will remember), but he could at least sing. JD was a human being being human. Lukas is a bad singer singing badly.

Magni’s Package (yum – sorry, Magni’s wife!): He’s very adorable as he plays for votes from the countries of the remaining males. I’ll argue with him on the being cuter than Toby part, but … aww. Don’t ya just want to cuddle with him?

Magni – “I, Alone” – Live

Holy Mother of Jack Sparrow. He maneuvers through the audience to sing to the Mad Hatters, sings with a raw power to his voice I haven’t heard before from him. Yes, Dave, that boy CAN sing. This was fantastic. If Storm can’t win, I’d love to see him take it.

Ryan’s Package: Feels like the true him is coming out. And, the straight jacket is coming on.

Ryan – “Clocks” – Coldplay

He starts out behind the piano, but that doesn’t last long. He jumps up on the piano, then jumps off. Sings a verse to the audience, then slides back across the piano. He plays again for a few minutes then flies up and on his knees, then jumps off again. Wait. Did he sing? I thought I was watching the Olympics for a minute there. Jason worries that being Mr. Piano Man is more his forte. I think that if he winds up in the bottom three, it won’t be because of his vocals. It’ll be because his performances are so manic they distract from those vocals.

Storm’s Package (no comment, since she’d kill me – then, hold me afterwards): She’s scared of this song because she doesn’t know it and it’s been taken on by both Jill and Zayra. She has to learn it.

Storm – “Bring Me to Life” – Evanescence

Bringing Toby on for background vocals, she was pretty darn fabulous. She’s got such strong vocals. She brings the rock, the power, the strong performances. So, I have to wonder what the crap Gilby’s got up his butt. I know he didn’t just tell her Jill was better. That is like saying oranges make good Christmas presents. No, Gilby. They don’t. Nintendos, money, sweaters make good Christmas presents. Oranges make carb-conscious dietary presents. Jill is an orange. Storm is a Nintendo-money-sweater. Gah!

Toby’s Package (*growl*): He’s a joker, but knows how to tone it down when something he wants is on the line.

Toby – “Rebel Yell” – Billy Idol

He tore the ROOF off of this song. I loved him, I loved his performance. I’d have loved it more without the groupies, but … I’ll live. This was awesome. Props, Toby. Props.

Dilana’s Package: She’s a screwup who’s ready to rock.

Dilana – “Mother, Mother”

I haven’t been liking Dilana much lately, but I really, really liked this performance from her. It was time for her to do something harder, something edgier, and I think she accomplished this. That said, I think the comments (best of two seasons?) were a little much. Yes, it was good, but there’s been better on this show. If anything lands her in the bottom three, it’ll be her behavior, not her performance.

EB3: Storm =( , Ryan, and ……..LUKAS?! (*angels sing*
BBB3: Lukas, Ryan, Storm (best vocalist, but Magni, Dilana and Toby were stronger tonight)
Encore Prediction: Dilana
BBEncore: Magni

Alright, gang. I’m out like Anne Heche (meaning, I’ll be back in tomorrow). See ya.

--------------------
IPB Image
Banner by me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 29th 2006, 9:58 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

GloryTo
post Aug 30th 2006, 8:28 AM
Post #2

Despite the blatant Lukas hate, bleh.gif I looove these reviews. I giggled all the way through. Keep 'em coming. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
carrie4idol
post Aug 30th 2006, 9:00 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. RS:Storm Large

Your review kickass. I pretty much agree EVERYTHING.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ButterflyBandit
post Aug 30th 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #4

I'm sorry about my Lukas bias. I really, really am. I liked him in the beginning, tho (I don't know if you read me back then or not). I'm honestly just a bit perplexed about how he - someone with weak vocals - gets so much slack from the band (he's really been over-praised, in my opinion, on some of her performances), while someone with awesome vocals and stage presence (Storm) has to virtually jump through hoops to get a "good job" out of SN.

But, thanks for the feedback. =) I'll see you all for the elimination show review tonight.

--------------------
IPB Image
Banner by me.
+Quote Post
CloudFuel
post Aug 30th 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI7: David Cook

I have to agree with you when it comes to Lukas.. he just.. I dunno.. is "too weird" for me. I like him when he's at the mansion now, because he's very calm for the most part.. but his accent when he sings.. is just weird... but I like how he's no longer growling everything and hits his pitches VERY well.

I, however, would pick Magni & Toby before Lukas though.. Last night was incredible!

Great review as always!!! You RAWK!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ButterflyBandit
post Aug 30th 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #6

Thanks, CloudFuel.

Although I don't want to admit it, I'm worried tonight will be the last for Storm.

--------------------
IPB Image
Banner by me.
+Quote Post
861dotinfo
post Aug 30th 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #7

You got everything about right this time. thumbsup.gif

The boys obviously have decided Lukas needs to be in the finale, or even have decided he's the one, or else they wouldn't have slathered on the baseless vague praise there. They've also obviously decided Suz--ummmm, Storm has to go and are prepping us for that move. (Nice song to give her: wrong for her voice, wrong for her style, and it's been done twice already this season. Sheesh.)

I was ready to love or hate Dilana's performance, but you can't deny she rocked that. I was hoping, tho, that there would be some mention of the fact that she's covered that song before. Maybe that's more common than I realize, on this program? Or maybe they didn't WANT people to know they'd lobbed her a softball? Either way, she did great, so props to her. The other singers appear to have patched things up with her, so I guess it's time to leave the drama behind (pretty much... the glass-smashing diva act is still not something I'd be OK having on my tour bus tho).

The one thing I'd love to see is the top 6 discussing the song selection we had available for this week. I'm sure they must have noticed that there was only 1 "new" choice available for each of them, and that that was what we chose in each case (duh rolleyes.gif ). They really, REALLY need to invest a little more in expanding the song selection!!!!!!!! It's hurting the quality of the show, and that's crazy when the ratings are doing well. Cut these guys loose with some real songs!!!

--------------------

=<<This message has not been approved by the FCC. Viewer discretion is advised.>>=

+Quote Post
CloudFuel
post Aug 30th 2006, 3:01 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI7: David Cook

If America puts Storm into the B3, Supernova will knock her out.. unfortunately. sad.gif

If *I* were to rank them right now.. I'd say Toby, Dilana, Magni, Ryan, Lukas, Storm is probably how America voted last night.

--------------------
+Quote Post
GloryTo
post Aug 31st 2006, 1:01 AM
Post #9

I agree with you about Storm. blarg.gif The woman's amazing and is way unappreciated.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 29th 2014, 2:25 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol