Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eva Avila at Polson Pier, Photos + More
INSANE Adam
post Nov 12th 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. CI3: Melissa O'Neil
Fav. CI4: Steffi D
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

I was one of the first 20 people to email the address on Eva's website, and so I got to be on the list for Eva's performance. I was a bit surprised to find out that it was the same concert that you could win tickets to on Virgin Radio and EzRock.

Everyone there who won on the radio got a VIP pass. There were about 100 people there total, about 30 or so won online. They had hundreds of the VIP passes but wouldn't give one to those who won online.

I arrived at 6 PM, so I was the first one there. At first they didn't have a list of the online winners, so they said I wasn't on the list, but about 20 minutes later they found the online winners list.

So everyone was allowed in at 7 PM, and there were free drinks!

At around 7:05 they screened all 3 of Eva's videos in front of the stage. There was also a big picture of her album cover at the side of the stage.

IPB Image
IPB Image

I also took a picture of the Eva Avila drum set...

IPB Image

There were a few press cameras there, the one I noticed the most was the CBC camera, and one of the radio hosts from Virgin Radio was there.

Eva's performance started at 7:30 as planned. She performed No Smoke, Run, No More Coming Back, Damned, and Give Me The Music. I can't say her performance was flawless, as sometimes during songs like "Damned" she went a little bit off during the chorus, but was pretty good during the rest of the song.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

After every two songs, Eva would get interviewed and/or have the audience ask her questions. One person asked her how her life had changed since Idol, right after Eva had finished explaining how. Another asked what advice she had for aspiring singers, and Eva said "You're in the right city for trying to make it in the industry. Just keep doing your thing and the right guy may come along and notice you."

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Eva kept saying how blessed she was to be where she was now, doing the job she loved. She also said that she goes home about once a month, and that her family keeps her grounded. And she's glad she doesn't live too far away from home, as then she couldn't go home as often.

Another fan asked when Eva first started singing, Eva said that her first public performance was when she was 3. She said that she sang a portuguese song with her father. Eva was also asked if she'd ever release a spanish album, and she said yes, but not before a french one. She said the next step is for her to release a french album, and Quebec is her home, so she can't not release a french album.

Here's my video of her performances, and an interview clip I took by mistake:

As you can see in the video, Eva was looking at me a lot. Not sure why, but it could be the fact that I'm 6'4" and was singing along to every song. I was a bit embarassed by how often she looked at me, as I recently had a birthday, and a party, and my Mom recently had a birthday...Meaning I've had 3 different types of cake lately, and it showed with my bad complexion.

One lucky fan won a $500 Sony Style gift card, and Eva picked the winner by drawing a name out of a hat or something like that. I wanted to win, as everytime my Dad and I go to the mall and pass Sony Style, he says "You wish you had a gift card to that store, don't you?" But a mom won it and said "Now I can give my kids a Christmas!" and she was very happy, so I thought that was great.

Eva hopes to tour in February with the new album.

After the performance, Eva signed autographs and took pictures with fans. First they said only people with VIP passes could get autographs, but others lined up anyways, so I did, too. I went a long way to get to Toronto, and I was the only person I saw there with an actual copy of her CD. CBC was filming as Eva met fans. When I got to Eva I said that she did great, and that I love the new album, she asked for my name and I said "Adam" and she signed the CD "To Adam, Love Eva original.gif". My Mom met her, too. My Mom shook her hand and said how we voted for her on Canadian Idol. I then took a picture with Eva and then Eva thanked us for coming.

So yeah, that's my recap...

If you want to use any of these pictures on a Eva fan site or anything, please give credit to http://adamsdramedy.blogspot.com. That's my blog, and I haven't put anything up there yet about the show, but I will soon. Thought I'd tell everyone on IDF what happened first. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 12th 2008, 11:54 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

KewLLady
post Nov 12th 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #2

I was there too i emailed in as wekk. it was awesome i did get some videos but ive just taken them off the camera lol havent gotten them uploaded yet

--------------------
+Quote Post
bartekz 16
post Nov 12th 2008, 3:29 PM
Post #3

Fav. CI2: Jason Greeley

Cool stuff cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by: (Dave). Icon by: (Raphy).
+Quote Post
missgloria<3kat
post Nov 12th 2008, 6:59 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. dancers:Natalli Reznik&Chelsie

aawwww i wanted to go!!

--------------------
Sig:DavidA_Carrie
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kaleama
post Nov 12th 2008, 8:13 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. Idol: David Archuleta

Aww that's so exciting! Congrats! w00t.gif
I miss Eva, I hope she tours sooon wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 9:27 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol