Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Treasure Chest of Links Conversation, Bring in new stuff/Ask questions/Comments on links
madamimadam
post Oct 7th 2014, 7:48 PM
Post #121

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

My handiwork for today! original.gif

2012 Treasure Chest of Links I January 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links II Promo (International and East Coast done in January/February)

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 7th 2014, 7:48 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

madamimadam
post Oct 8th 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #122

Group Icon

So far, so good.... original.gif

Pre-Idol and 2009

2009 Year at a Glance (Calendar Format)

2009 Treasure Chest of Links I Part One - Pre-Idol
2009 Treasure Chest of Links II Part Two - American Idol (LaStupenda's Files)/DVD Making
2009 Treasure Chest of Links III Part Three - American Idol - Performances/Confessionals/iTunes
2009 Treasure Chest of Links IV Part Four - American Idol - Idol Tonight/Idol Wrap/American Idol Extra
2009 Treasure Chest of Links V Part Five - American Idol - Interviews and News Clips
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VI Part Six - Top 2, Finale Night, Morning After and the Aftermath
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VII Part Seven - Between end of AI and beginning of Idol Tour
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VIII Part Eight - Idol Tour - Media/TV/Bubbletweets
2009 Treasure Chest of Links IX Part Nine - Post Idol Tour - TV Appearances/Important Events (Part 1)
2009 Treasure Chest of Links X Part Ten - TV Appearances/Important Events (Part 2)/On Line Media Interviews
2009 Treasure Chest of Links XI Part Eleven - Question of the Day/Year-End Miscellaneous

2010 Year at a Glance (Calendar Format)

2010 Treasure Chest of Links I Part One - AdamOfficial Videos - Track-by-Tracks FYE Album/Fans Shout Out/FYE Music Videos (Promotion)
2010 Treasure Chest of Links II Part Two - Untelevised Live Performances
2010 Treasure Chest of Links III Part Three - January 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links IV Part Four - February 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links V Part Five - March 2010 (1)
2010 Treasure Chest of Links VI Part Six - March 2010 (2)
2010 Treasure Chest of Links VII Part Seven - April 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links VIII Part Eight - May 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links IX Part Nine - June 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links X Part Ten - July 2010 / August 2010
2010 Treasure Chest of Links XI Part Eleven - September 2010 / October 2010 / November 2010 / December 2010

2011 Year at a Glance (Calendar Format)

2011 Treasure Chest of Links I GNT DVD/CD
2011 Treasure Chest of Links II January 2011 / February 2011 / March 2011
2011 Treasure Chest of Links III April 2011 / May 2011
2011 Treasure Chest of Links IV June 2011 / July 2011 / August
2011 Treasure Chest of Links V September 2011 / October 2011 / November 2011
2011 Treasure Chest of Links VI December 2011

2012 Treasure Chest of Links II Promo (International and East Coast done in January/February)
2012 Treasure Chest of Links III February 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links IV March 2012 - US Radio Promo (Part One)

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 9th 2014, 4:36 PM
Post #123

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. "It ain't that deep"

Madam Mod,

YOU are a Treasure Chest!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 9th 2014, 6:11 PM
Post #124

Group: Members

Fav. Adam Lambert

TY Marie flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 9th 2014, 6:50 PM
Post #125

Group Icon

I have a huge favor to ask of 2 or 3 volunteers.

All these files took years to compile. I have 99.9% of them up on Mediafire with a paid account, which means the files never go 'stale', even if nobody downloads them. The remaining 0.1% is on Mega.nz which is a free account and I believe does NOT delete files ever....

This has been a labor of love for Adam and his fans (present and future). But I have one fear... I'm 60 years old and in full remission from Autoimmune Hepatitis and plan to live another 50 years or so... wink.gif , but it would be a shame that if something happened to me, which means I would no longer be paying for my Mediafire account, and all of these files would go 'stale' soon thereafter.

What I would like for 2 or 3 of you to do is to get yourselves a 3TB external drive and download ALL OF MY FILES for safekeeping. It wouldn't be a lot of work because I would give you links to my actual folders for each year which as of now (once I do 2013 and 2014) would mean six 'clicks'. It would however take hours and hours of your computer downloading the files and then transfer them to your external drive.

After that, you can forget all about it for years to come. I may give you a yearly folder to add to the external drive as it becomes complete.

It would be great if the 2 or 3 of you willing to do this would exchange emails in case you need to make decisions if and when the time comes for you guys to take over.

I am not being morbid, just cautious and aware of the years that have gone into this Treasure Chest of Links.

Let me know if you're interested in doing this for me.

original.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Oct 9th 2014, 7:00 PM
Post #126

Fav. Adam Lambert

I would offer...however...I am not a techie and I am older than you....so I am out rolleyes.gif

It is a great idea though....one of our BB Skanks would be awesome !!!

Marie...you are amazing....I would be willing to bet that you have better files than Adam...himself thumbsup.gif

Adam would probably love your set up thumbsup.gif haha.gif

anyways...TY for all you do wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
leothelion
post Oct 9th 2014, 7:13 PM
Post #127

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 9th 2014, 6:50 PM) *

I have a huge favor to ask of 2 or 3 volunteers.

All these files took years to compile. I have 99.9% of them up on Mediafire with a paid account, which means the files never go 'stale', even if nobody downloads them. The remaining 0.1% is on Mega.nz which is a free account and I believe does NOT delete files ever....

This has been a labor of love for Adam and his fans (present and future). But I have one fear... I'm 60 years old and in full remission from Autoimmune Hepatitis and plan to live another 50 years or so... wink.gif , but it would be a shame that if something happened to me, which means I would no longer be paying for my Mediafire account, and all of these files would go 'stale' soon thereafter.

What I would like for 2 or 3 of you to do is to get yourselves a 3TB external drive and download ALL OF MY FILES for safekeeping. It wouldn't be a lot of work because I would give you links to my actual folders for each year which as of now (once I do 2013 and 2014) would mean six 'clicks'. It would however take hours and hours of your computer downloading the files and then transfer them to your external drive.

After that, you can forget all about it for years to come. I may give you a yearly folder to add to the external drive as it becomes complete.

It would be great if the 2 or 3 of you willing to do this would exchange emails in case you need to make decisions if and when the time comes for you guys to take over.

I am not being morbid, just cautious and aware of the years that have gone into this Treasure Chest of Links.

Let me know if you're interested in doing this for me.

original.gif

You only have 0.1% with mega.nz but I am not sure that they will be there forever. Its just that the US government is trying to get the owner of that company extradited to the US from NZ. His name is Kim Dotcom, he is a German living in NZ and Hollywood are after him for his role in internet piracy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 9th 2014, 7:18 PM
Post #128

Group Icon

QUOTE(leothelion @ Oct 9th 2014, 8:13 PM) *

You only have 0.1% with mega.nz but I am not sure that they will be there forever. Its just that the US government is trying to get the owner of that company extradited to the US from NZ. His name is Kim Dotcom, he is a German living in NZ and Hollywood are after him for his role in internet piracy.

I know! But I only have about 15 files on there. Those were files that Mediafire flagged as 'copyrighted'. Mega.nz doesn't give a crap about what you upload.

Once I have those 2 or 3 volunteers, I would give them those 15 files through Dropbox or something so they would have the full set no matter what happens to Mega.nz...

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
leothelion
post Oct 9th 2014, 7:23 PM
Post #129

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 9th 2014, 7:18 PM) *

I know! But I only have about 15 files on there. Those were files that Mediafire flagged as 'copyrighted'. Mega.nz doesn't give a crap about what you upload.

Once I have those 2 or 3 volunteers, I would give them those 15 files through Dropbox or something so they would have the full set no matter what happens to Mega.nz...

That is great that you know. Kim Dotcom last month tried to influence NZ politics by funding a political party who would have supported his bid to stay in NZ. It backfired big time, kiwis weren't buying it. He is now very vulnerable for deportation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 9th 2014, 9:17 PM
Post #130

Group Icon

I did two more today.... original.gif

2012 Treasure Chest of Links V March 2012 - US Radio Promo (Part Two)
2012 Treasure Chest of Links VI March 2012 - Events and Miscellaneous (Part 3)

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
donnamb
post Oct 9th 2014, 10:02 PM
Post #131

I'm really not tech-savvie, and I'm two months short of hitting 60 myself. And I'm anticipating working full-time til 70, so I don't see myself having time ...

But, if the files were down-loaded to an external drive by someone with time to devote - couldn't the drive be handed off to a younger person who could be persuaded to safeguard the history? As an example, but not by way of volunteering, one son-in-law is an electrical engineer, with a masters in music and engineering. He builds synthesizers in his spare time, and will be displaying the vip litho from Mohegan Sun I in his home workshop. Neither he nor my daughter is likely to follow idolforums, but maybe we have children/young people who could safeguard downloaded files.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 9th 2014, 11:43 PM
Post #132

Group Icon

QUOTE(donnamb @ Oct 9th 2014, 11:02 PM) *

I'm really not tech-savvie, and I'm two months short of hitting 60 myself. And I'm anticipating working full-time til 70, so I don't see myself having time ...

But, if the files were down-loaded to an external drive by someone with time to devote - couldn't the drive be handed off to a younger person who could be persuaded to safeguard the history? As an example, but not by way of volunteering, one son-in-law is an electrical engineer, with a masters in music and engineering. He builds synthesizers in his spare time, and will be displaying the vip litho from Mohegan Sun I in his home workshop. Neither he nor my daughter is likely to follow idolforums, but maybe we have children/young people who could safeguard downloaded files.

It's certainly a last option. But I would much prefer it be someone from IDF or at the very least an Adam fan who could, if needed, take over in an eternity from now... haha.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 10th 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #133

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

All right BB...you know I'm tech savvy...but old as the hills. However, I will work with you on this. PM me what you need and we will talk.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 10th 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #134

Group Icon

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 10th 2014, 11:43 AM) *

All right BB...you know I'm tech savvy...but old as the hills. However, I will work with you on this. PM me what you need and we will talk.

YAYYYYY!!!!! PM'ing you now.

BTW, guys. You don't need to be tech savvy. Just 6 clicks to download all the files. That's IT!!!!!!

So please consider my request!

original.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 11th 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #135

Group Icon

My handiwork... so far... original.gif OOOOF!!!!!

Pre-Idol and 2009

2009 Treasure Chest of Links II Part Two - American Idol (LaStupenda's Files)/DVD Making
2009 Treasure Chest of Links III Part Three - American Idol - Performances/Confessionals/iTunes
2009 Treasure Chest of Links IV Part Four - American Idol - Idol Tonight/Idol Wrap/American Idol Extra
2009 Treasure Chest of Links V Part Five - American Idol - Interviews and News Clips
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VI Part Six - Top 2, Finale Night, Morning After and the Aftermath
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VII Part Seven - Between end of AI and beginning of Idol Tour
2009 Treasure Chest of Links VIII Part Eight - Idol Tour - Media/TV/Bubbletweets
2009 Treasure Chest of Links IX Part Nine - Post Idol Tour - TV Appearances/Important Events (Part 1)
2009 Treasure Chest of Links X Part Ten - TV Appearances/Important Events (Part 2)/On Line Media Interviews
2009 Treasure Chest of Links XI Part Eleven - Question of the Day/Year-End Miscellaneous

2010 Treasure Chest of Links I Part One - AdamOfficial Videos - Track-by-Tracks FYE Album/Fans Shout Out/FYE Music Videos (Promotion)
2010 Treasure Chest of Links XI Part Eleven - September 2010 / October 2010 / November 2010 / December 2010

2012 Treasure Chest of Links VII April 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links VIII May 2012 - Events & Concerts (Part One )
2012 Treasure Chest of Links IX May 2012 - Miscellaneous (Part Two)
2012 Treasure Chest of Links X June 2012

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 14th 2014, 5:44 PM
Post #136

Group Icon

I'm finally done!!!!!

I stopped in early 2013 when my accounts were pulled for a THIRD time... I was just too disgusted and depressed to keep doing it. It will take me months to reconstruct 2013 and 2014. But first I need a break away from the TCL for a while.

Again, I would like to get one or two volunteers to download all of these files to an external drive of your own. It doesn't need work on your part or being tech savvy, just 6 clicks to download to an external drive of at least 3TB.

Please PM me if you can help!!!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

As many of you know, the Treasure Chest of Links got wiped out a few years ago. I have finally restored "Pre-Idol and 2009", "2010", "2011" and "2012".

I stopped doing it in 2013 after having the TCL wiped out for a third time. It will take me time to reconstruct 2013 and 2014. I'll post when there's something worthwhile to look at.

Links from MediaFire can be viewed/listened to with IE, FF or Chrome. However, in the case of Chrome, you will have to turn off your AdBlock. Due to copyright issues, I have had to use Mega.co.nz for some files. Unfortunately Mega does NOT provide for previews. I usually managed to provide another source for previewing though.

Links to Youtube videos are provided when possible but do NOT come anywhere near the quality of the downloads or may not be an identical copy of the download although true as to content!!!

Here is a quick index (scroll down for a more extensive one) - click on the part you want to look at.

Pre-Idol and 2009 - Page 1

2010 - Page 2

2011 - Page 3

2012 - Page 4

2012 Treasure Chest of Links VII April 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links VIII May 2012 - Events & Concerts (Part One )
2012 Treasure Chest of Links IX May 2012 - Miscellaneous (Part Two)
2012 Treasure Chest of Links X June 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XI July 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XII August 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XIII September 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XIV October 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XV November 2012
2012 Treasure Chest of Links XVI December 2012

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
crocked
post Oct 15th 2014, 5:59 PM
Post #137

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 14th 2014, 5:44 PM) *

I'm finally done!!!!!

I stopped in early 2013 when my accounts were pulled for a THIRD time... I was just too disgusted and depressed to keep doing it. It will take me months to reconstruct 2013 and 2014. But first I need a break away from the TCL for a while.

Again, I would like to get one or two volunteers to download all of these files to an external drive of your own. It doesn't need work on your part or being tech savvy, just 6 clicks to download to an external drive of at least 3TB.

Please PM me if you can help!!!

I admire your tenacity of doing this for us. Heck I am 70 years old and I did not even expect I would live this long.

Keep on announcing your needs... I know there are relatively new members who are relatively young.

By the way... do you know that you are now on the top in IDF surpassing Clay Aiken's forum!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! w00tbounce.gif w00tbounce.gif w00tbounce.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif ohyeah.gif

Much love from us wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 11:28 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol