Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

30 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am Second-Scotty McCreery, Philippians 4:13
NCMom
post Sep 12th 2011, 9:25 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

This is a great thread, it reminds me why Scotty is here, where we can enjoy his music, it is his ministry. He is so sincere and honest, it just spills over to everyone he meets. Thanks for the reminders!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 12th 2011, 9:25 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

rhorick
post Sep 12th 2011, 9:30 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(NCMom @ Sep 12th 2011, 10:25 PM) *

This is a great thread, it reminds me why Scotty is here, where we can enjoy his music, it is his ministry. He is so sincere and honest, it just spills over to everyone he meets. Thanks for the reminders!

I'd love that he is all the things you mentioned. This is his ministry and it is touching so many lives. I'd love if testimonies of those he touched were shared here.

I'll start with this testimony.

A young lady and her sister were in a car accident. Both ended up fine. However, the girl said that she prayed as they were getting her sister out of the car. She said she hadn't prayed for a long time and in the mist of all things happening, she remembered Scotty's faith. It made her stop and think of praying knowing that is what Scotty would have been doing.

That touched me knowing that God is indeed using Scotty as He planned.

This post has been edited by rhorick: Sep 12th 2011, 9:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. thanks youhaveiloved
+Quote Post
Missy173001
post Sep 13th 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #43

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. Team McCreery #144

QUOTE(rhorick @ Sep 12th 2011, 8:30 PM) *

I'd love that he is all the things you mentioned. This is his ministry and it is touching so many lives. I'd love if testimonies of those he touched were shared here.

A young lady and her sister were in a car accident. Both ended up fine. However, the girl said that she prayed as they were getting her sister out of the car. She said she hadn't prayed for a long time and in the mist of all things happening, she remembered Scotty's faith. It made her stop and think of praying knowing that is what Scotty would have been doing.

WOW!!! Now you've gone and done it!!!! This made me cry. Sometimes when I forget why I am crazy for our Scotty it is good to come back here and remember the reason.

--------------------
IPB Image
Team McCreery #144
+Quote Post
tAyLor mY jR
post Sep 13th 2011, 3:06 AM
Post #44

"I have a chance of shining God's light to all of these people out there who listen to my music. I want to do that through my actions, and through the songs that I sing. My hope today is found in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And knowing that I'm living this life, but this is really just a rental home for me here on Earth. My true home is up in Heaven. My hope lies in that. I'm here to live a good life, and to get as many people as I can to go to Heaven with me." http://vimeo.com/28947890

This post has been edited by tAyLor mY jR: Sep 13th 2011, 3:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
KayKayCountry
post Sep 13th 2011, 7:24 AM
Post #45

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI10: Lauren Alaina

QUOTE(rhorick @ Sep 12th 2011, 10:30 PM) *

crying.gif Oh my goodness! Someone needs to share this with Scotty. It's amazing how he's touching live--he touched mine! I've been straying away from my faith a little lately. This thread started up, and seeing the Christmas videos of Scotty especially have reminded me why I'm here, and that I need to set my sights back on God 100%.

QUOTE(tAyLor mY jR @ Sep 13th 2011, 4:06 AM) *

"I have a chance of shining God's light to all of these people out there who listen to my music. I want to do that through my actions, and through the songs that I sing. My hope today is found in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And knowing that I'm living this life, but this is really just a rental home for me here on Earth. My true home is up in Heaven. My hope lies in that. I'm here to live a good life, and to get as many people as I can to go to Heaven with me." http://vimeo.com/28947890

heart.gif Best. Quote. Ever.

So, who else is excited for "That Old King James" on Scotty's album? heart.gif I can just imagine how great of a song it will be.

--------------------

IPB Image
†When you're down, God knows what's up† Drew Ryniewicz is the most amazing girl.)
Scotty McCreery Lauren Alaina They Sing It Best Mclaina Forever

+Quote Post
milkywayx
post Sep 13th 2011, 7:27 AM
Post #46

Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(tAyLor mY jR @ Sep 13th 2011, 3:06 AM) *

heart.gif crying.gif wub.gif

WHY ARE YOU SO PERFECT.

--------------------
ROCK THIS NIGHT ❤
make a little noise, country girls and boys.
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Sep 13th 2011, 7:41 AM
Post #47

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

My favorite thing about Scotty is his spirituality and the beacon of light he shines on the world but I need to ask you guys a question.
Not to sound ignorant but what do you mean by "ministry" what does that mean? I was not raised going to church so I don't know the proper terminology.

--------------------
+Quote Post
fedfan1
post Sep 13th 2011, 7:51 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(stcecilia @ Sep 13th 2011, 8:41 AM) *

My favorite thing about Scotty is his spirituality and the beacon of light he shines on the world but I need to ask you guys a question.
Not to sound ignorant but what do you mean by "ministry" what does that mean? I was not raised going to church so I don't know the proper terminology.

I think It means he uses his music and the way he lives his life to teach others about Jesus. Much the same way a minister delivers a sermon every Sunday, Scotty just delivers the message in a different way.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Sep 13th 2011, 7:56 AM
Post #49

Scotty, you make an older guy like myself cry when I both listen to your music and read about your strong faith in Christ. God's got big plans for you, I'm sure of that.

Thankfully, your music also makes me dance. grin.gif I love your voice too much to go around all teary eyed all day long. no.gif

Keep it all coming. I'm loving it!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Sep 13th 2011, 8:04 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(fedfan1 @ Sep 13th 2011, 8:51 AM) *

I think It means he uses his music and the way he lives his life to teach others about Jesus. Much the same way a minister delivers a sermon every Sunday, Scotty just delivers the message in a different way.

I like that!! I've always believed Scotty is here for a reason. More than just a good vocalist. I think he's going to be a spritual leader for his peers through his music and beyond.
thanks for the answer! flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
KayKayCountry
post Sep 13th 2011, 6:37 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(stcecilia @ Sep 13th 2011, 8:41 AM) *

I think of ministry as how you serve God, how you shine his light to the world, how you share the gospel. It could be by being a pastor, writing Christian novels, charity work, working in third world countries, or in Scotty's cae, music. There are a lot of other things that could be ministry, even the simple things!

--------------------

IPB Image
†When you're down, God knows what's up† Drew Ryniewicz is the most amazing girl.)

+Quote Post
rhorick
post Sep 13th 2011, 6:49 PM
Post #52

Another Scotty Article mentioning his Christian walk. Just a small article with a small mention.

The born-again Christian country crooner told entertainment website PopCrush that he credits God for his most prized trait - his sense of rhythm.

"You know everybody has that certain thing where God blessed them with something and gives them that special talent whether it’s music or sports or writing or anything," he said. "So, [it is] just one of those things God blessed me with - the rhythm."

The whole article.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/scotty-m...n-talent-55347/

Psalm 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Sep 18th 2011, 2:11 PM
Post #53

Just a reminder. The first thing Scotty tweeted about, after getting off the plane after his US tour, was going to church.

That's OUR Scotty.

Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Please share any thing at all that about Scotty and his faith . I'd love to keep this thread alive in hopes that someone may venture in and see what a wonderful inspiration that Scotty McCreery is.

This post has been edited by rhorick: Sep 18th 2011, 2:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Sep 18th 2011, 3:52 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(rhorick @ Sep 18th 2011, 3:11 PM) *

Just a reminder. The first thing Scotty tweeted about, after getting off the plane after his US tour, was going to church.

That's OUR Scotty.

Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Please share any thing at all that about Scotty and his faith . I'd love to keep this thread alive in hopes that someone may venture in and see what a wonderful inspiration that Scotty McCreery is.

THIS! . . . I love the fact that Scotty's cross is a focal point in EVERY photo coming out of the Philippines -- he is a 'light' wherever he goes! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Sep 18th 2011, 4:09 PM
Post #55

Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

Today at church my priest started talking about a little boy saying to his grandma "I love you this much!" and the priest opened his arms wide and it reminded me of I Love You This Big. Then priest went on to say they got the arms stretched open wide part from Jesus on the cross. So the whole thing just reminded me of Scotty and ILYTB and how ILYTB really could be a song between people and Jesus heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
KayKayCountry
post Sep 18th 2011, 5:29 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(amc @ Sep 18th 2011, 5:09 PM) *

Today at church my priest started talking about a little boy saying to his grandma "I love you this much!" and the priest opened his arms wide and it reminded me of I Love You This Big. Then priest went on to say they got the arms stretched open wide part from Jesus on the cross. So the whole thing just reminded me of Scotty and ILYTB and how ILYTB really could be a song between people and Jesus heart.gif

heart.gif So true! Did you see the clip I posted earlier with Scotty talking about what ILYTB meant to him? He said the same thing about Jesus!

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
amc
post Sep 18th 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #57

Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

QUOTE(KayKayCountry @ Sep 18th 2011, 6:29 PM) *

heart.gif So true! Did you see the clip I posted earlier with Scotty talking about what ILYTB meant to him? He said the same thing about Jesus!

Yes I saw that. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Sep 19th 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #58

Scotty keeping the faith alive in the Phillipines.

Check out his answer to the question "Are you in love with anyone?"

Around the 4:03 mark

http://www.twitvid.com/BYX7H

That's Our Scotty!

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Sep 19th 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(tAyLor mY jR @ Sep 13th 2011, 4:06 AM) *

"I wanted to make sure people could hear me through the songs they were listening to. On American Idol, I always told them, what you see is what you get. Scotty on the show is Scotty off the show. I'm the same guy onstage and offstage. So, on this album, I wanted them to make sure they really got who I am, how I grew up in Garner, N.C., and what I am all about. It was really important to keep some of the traditional elements of country music in it, to remember where country came from, and I think we did that. I hope that the people who listen to this record will see that and appreciate it and really see exactly who I am."

Such impressive comments from a 17 year old teenager!

This post has been edited by CountryTiger: Sep 19th 2011, 11:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Sep 19th 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(CountryTiger @ Sep 19th 2011, 12:01 PM) *

"I wanted to make sure people could hear me through the songs they were listening to. On American Idol, I always told them, what you see is what you get. Scotty on the show is Scotty off the show. I'm the same guy onstage and offstage. So, on this album, I wanted them to make sure they really got who I am, how I grew up in Garner, N.C., and what I am all about. It was really important to keep some of the traditional elements of country music in it, to remember where country came from, and I think we did that. I hope that the people who listen to this record will see that and appreciate it and really see exactly who I am."

Such impressive comments from a 17 year old teenager!

I agree with his producer, Mark Bright. Scotty is an old soul, wise beyond his years sorcerer.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

30 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 2nd 2014, 4:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol