Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

183 Pages V « < 181 182 183   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official 3rd album speculation/discussion thread
Mijumaru
post Aug 26th 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #3641

Group: Members

The interviews in the Jason IT Girl thread where Jordin mentioned she had things up her sleeves in two different interviews... Do yall think she is hinting at Magic fear.gif

This post has been edited by Mijumaru: Aug 26th 2014, 10:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 26th 2014, 10:41 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jordinbsparks
post Aug 26th 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #3642

QUOTE(Mijumaru @ Aug 26th 2014, 10:41 PM) *

The interviews in the Jason IT Girl thread where Jordin mentioned she had things up her sleeves in two different interviews... Do yall think she is hinting at Magic fear.gif

i think she means music in general.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
cj688
post Aug 27th 2014, 5:08 PM
Post #3643

QUOTE(Mijumaru @ Aug 26th 2014, 11:41 PM) *

Poor Jordin has to be extremely careful with how she words things. Just a few weeks ago someone thought her post "...Should have worn shades #flashinglights" was a hint that Flashlights was coming soon and now this wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Rant over, anyway, I think she means music in general especially since she quietly moved labels.

--------------------
+Quote Post
3mshaw
post Aug 30th 2014, 2:48 AM
Post #3644

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

So Um it's too bad Jordin didn't have anything to promote at the VMA's! I just watched Beyonce performance and a couple others for the first time! And the camera was ALWAYS over there! All she needed was a shirt that had her single on it lol!! Definetly woulda had people aware!

This post has been edited by 3mshaw: Aug 30th 2014, 2:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Sep 6th 2014, 3:36 PM
Post #3645

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

recording today. thumbsup.gif

Jordin Sparks ‏@JordinSparks 12m
My reward to myself for finishing a song w/ bgvs in less than an hour! Lol yeaaaaaah! 😁🙌… http://instagram.com/p/sngt5csUdc/
1:24 PM - 6 Sep 2014

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Sep 6th 2014, 3:38 PM

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
cj688
post Sep 7th 2014, 4:11 PM
Post #3646

Whenever her album is finally released, I wonder how many songs she would have recorded in total.

This post has been edited by cj688: Sep 7th 2014, 4:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Sep 7th 2014, 5:00 PM
Post #3647

QUOTE(cj688 @ Sep 7th 2014, 4:11 PM) *

Whenever her album is finally released, I wonder how many songs she would have recorded in total.

well, its an EP....so how many songs are on EP?

This post has been edited by jordinbsparks: Sep 7th 2014, 5:02 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post Sep 7th 2014, 5:18 PM
Post #3648

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

How do you know it's an EP? unsure.gif That's usually 5 or 6 songs....

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Sep 7th 2014, 6:00 PM) *

well, its an EP....so how many songs are on EP?

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Sep 7th 2014, 5:44 PM
Post #3649

QUOTE(Sasafrass452 @ Sep 7th 2014, 6:18 PM) *

How do you know it's an EP? unsure.gif That's usually 5 or 6 songs....

mentioned in article on the previous page.

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Aug 16th 2014, 8:34 PM) *

this article in May mentioned an EP with Jordin. unsure.gif

http://musicconnection.com/producer-crosstalk-salaam-remi/
Producer Crosstalk: Salaam Remi
May

SR_0831_Basslo

By Rob Putnam

New York-based hip-hop producer Salaam Remi was born into a musical family and started mixing and producing in the early ‘90s. In 2013 alone he was nominated for four Grammys, among which was a nod for his own album ONE: In The Chamber. In addition to a substantial personal discography, he’s worked with artists including Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo and Amy Winehouse. Recently Remi’s branched into composition for film and TV. He also runs his own label Louder Than Life.

When this producer first sits down with an artist, he digs deep to find what makes that person unique, what it is that sets him or her apart. “I find what’s in them that everybody needs to hear,” he explains. “I draw out what they’re saying. That might be the idea that no one’s done before.”

What he often finds problematic is when an artist has talent but lacks conviction. They’re not always the paragons of confidence that the industry would have us believe. “It bothers me when an artist has a magical record-—a great song—and they don’t think so; they skip over it,” he says. “Sometimes they’re looking for the music to make them say something. But to me, the artist makes the music more than the music makes the artist. If a song strikes at some emotion, whatever that emotion is, that’s what’s going to make it work.”

Remi underscores the importance of serendipity in the studio. In short, an accident isn’t always a problem. “When I was a kid, I wanted to press every button,” he recalls. “Now pushing all four buttons is a common setting. The talk-back mic used [for recording the drums] on Phil Collins’ ‘In The Air Tonight’ is the kind of mistake that we need to happen. There’s a kid with a backpack doing something illegal with his computer now that’s going to change all of our lives. I’m looking forward to it.”

To Remi, lyrics are paramount. Not surprisingly, his favorite microphone is the Neumann U 47, a large-diaphragm condenser mic, which he’s used since 1999. “It captures the artist’s voice and personality,” he asserts, “but it also captures their emotion. That’s always what I’m looking for.”

In 2013 Remi launched his label Louder Than Life as a subsidiary of Sony, the company with which he’s the Executive Vice President of A&R and Production. Through Louder Than Life–and associated labels Flying Buddha and Re Mi Fa—he works with eight artists. His association with Sony came after a meeting with CEO Doug Morris. “I was at a point where my career was based on having hits with first-time-out artists,” he explains. “My talent isn’t just producing records. It’s also helping an artist become a better writer; helping move what they do into a better space. To me, it’s about utilizing that talent. I help the artist see how they can become stronger and I help the label understand how to market them. Most of my successes have been out of the box, not just something that sounds like the hit record from last week.” In Remi’s future is work with Liam Bailey and executive producing—that is, overseeing—a number of other projects such as EPs with Jazmine Sullivan and Jordin Sparks. A repackaged ONE: In The Chamber dropped in March.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Today, 1:38 AM
Post #3650

recording?

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 12h
Studio vibes. #speezymusic

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 4h
Lalalalalalalalaaaaa

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 5m
Still goin!

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Today, 1:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
cj688
post Today, 8:51 AM
Post #3651

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Sep 18th 2014, 2:38 AM) *

recording?

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 12h
Studio vibes. #speezymusic

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 4h
Lalalalalalalalaaaaa

Jordin Sparks @JordinSparks · 5m
Still goin!

Most likely. I hope we get to hear some of this stuff by spring next year.

--------------------
+Quote Post

183 Pages V « < 181 182 183
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 18th 2014, 4:44 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol