Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Survivor Redemption Island Finale Discussion
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #61

Group: Members

QUOTE(VanDiemen @ May 16th 2011, 11:27 PM) *

No I'm saying Rob would've been voted out if Ashley had won that final immunity challenge. Now if Ashley, Natalie and Phillip were dumb enough to keep Rob around and vote off Phillip instead, than you are right. As possible as that foolish scenario could have been, I have some faith Ashley and Natalie would have been smart enough to see the benefit of ousting Rob.

Andrea desperately trying to save her ass the day or two after returning from Redemption Island to the people who voted her out, wasn't exactly an exercise of someone recognizing the different scenarios in the game and trying to affect the game. Other than that brief instance, she was one of those young, impressionable pawns whether it was for Matt or Rob. I do give credit to Andrea for winning that last Redemption challenge which is a testament to the value of winning challenges.

I doubt they would have gotten rid of Rob. Natalie was tied to him. Ashley was too, although not as much as Natalie. Plus Phillip was tied to Rob as well. Rob had his hands in everyone. So if Ashley was smart enough to know that she couldn't beat Rob, she not only had to convince Natalie, but she also had to convince Phillip. There is no way in hell those two would even be on speaking terms. But she wasn't smart enough to realize that she couldn't beat Rob. Even when Andrea pointed it out, she got defensive and just stated she made it farther than her haha.gif. Also, they had their chance to get rid of Rob when Ralph and Steve approached them. If they didn't do it then (when it was their best opportunity), why do it now?

How was Andrea an impressionable pawn for Matt when she helped to blindside him that second time? That makes no sense at all. If she was really impressionable, then she would have let her personal feelings get in the way and not wanted to get rid of him. I think Andrea did recognize the different scenarios. She just never had the numbers on her side to do anything. Sure, she and Matt could have jumped ship when they merged, but then they would have just been on the bottom on that tribe. Plus, Matt was so wishy washy and incompetent, she was right not to join him. He would have had her placing her entire game in god's hands.

I do agree that Andrea didn't play that good of a game though. But she was not as mindless as Ashley and Natalie who were just pathetic.

This post has been edited by TiredOfSex: May 17th 2011, 2:34 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 16th 2011, 10:46 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MyrIdol
post May 16th 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #62

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

Andrea heart.gif I was so happy she won the final Redemption Island duel I only wish that Ashley and Natalie had worked with Andrea to get Philip out, they already knew Rob had the idol so why not tell Andrea that and then they 3 vote out Philip who Ashley and Natalie hated so much. I don't know what they were thinking, but oh well.
Oh and btw I didn't find Grant that attractive during the game but daaang he looked so hot in the reunion. wub.gif

I am so so so pissed they are bringing back Redemption Island, I mean redemption island would be ok if it was only pre-merge, but they should just take it away at the merge. I hope they are not brining Coach and Philip back like a lot of people are saying. bloated.gif I hope they bring back Brenda. heart.gif

This post has been edited by MyrIdol: May 16th 2011, 11:17 PM

--------------------
AI 12: Devin Paul Janelle Set:oxidol & **JennyGearFan**
IPB Image
Survivor 26: Reynold, Andrea, Brenda, Eddie, Malcolm, Erik
+Quote Post
xoypoodlesx
post May 16th 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #63

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. SYTYCD3: Neil Haskell
Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 16th 2011, 12:45 PM) *

Please don't let it be Matt. Was there any scene where he didn't talk about god? I don't want any returning players, but if it had to be someone, then at least Phillip and Coach would be entertaining.

They need all new players and to get rid of Redemption Island.
Oh believe me, I don't want to see Matt again, but I could totally see it happening. Is it just me or have we seen a lot more prayer circles the past few seasons? It would be more entertaining than Matt, but I really don't think I could watch Coach for a third time.

Yes. RI is I think my least favorite "twist" ever. I'd take Exile back if that means no more RI.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
credit: x x
+Quote Post
D.J.
post May 17th 2011, 7:34 PM
Post #64

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 16th 2011, 10:43 PM) *

Lol, you're crazy

That's racist!

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post May 20th 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #65

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

QUOTE(VanDiemen @ May 16th 2011, 10:17 PM) *

Wow to all the Andrea love. She was just as bad as Natalie as far as doing nothing in this game. Ashley meanwhile won and almost won immunities. She was definitively a player down the stretch and would have won the million if she'd won the last challenge.

I'm sick of the holier than thou, blah blah BS leveled by the loser jurors at the finalists. Who, after 21 (now 22) seasons, didn't lie and deceive to win it all. rolleyes.gif

As someone who has always hated Rob, I couldn't believe I was rooting for him to be safe week to week and eventually win. I blame Russell for making Rob look so much better by comparison. Either way I felt about Rob, there really was nobody else who deserved the million.

hahahahaa. Ashley was so invisible the entire show. She starting showing more around Top 6... she is Brett 2.0. A lot of people love Brett because he was a competitor, when only he came out so late and was invisible the entire time.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post May 21st 2011, 5:59 PM
Post #66

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

I'm going through Survivor withdrawals. sad.gif I want the new season to start now. laughing.gif

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post May 22nd 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #67

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Survivor withdrawals encourages me to play more Survivor games. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post May 24th 2011, 5:46 PM
Post #68

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

I don't want to play games. I want the real thing. noexpression.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 27th 2014, 4:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol