Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

16 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Adam Lambert “Better Than I Know Myself, New Single – Demo ►Please Stay on Topic!
druth8x
post Dec 8th 2011, 5:10 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

oh I missed that part of the interview good news then!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 8th 2011, 5:10 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

smilefountain
post Dec 8th 2011, 7:03 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(Sage @ Dec 8th 2011, 4:59 PM) *

Adam tweeted Tuesday night that there would be news about the single anyday. Jim Cantiello from MTV also spoke with Claude Kelly prior to the X-Factor taping last night and asked him about the single. Claude said that it sounds nothing like the demo and that we would forget the demo once we heard it.

That's encouraging, I've been afraid it would sound just like the demo but if the maker of that demo says it won't sound anything like it, I believe them. I have a hunch this will be out tomorrow. We'll see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 9th 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 8th 2011, 6:03 PM) *

That's encouraging, I've been afraid it would sound just like the demo but if the maker of that demo says it won't sound anything like it, I believe them. I have a hunch this will be out tomorrow. We'll see.

I don't know if it will be out tomorrow but we may get a release date for after Christmas. It was funny when Jim asked about the demo, Claude made a face like he was embarrassed and said it had been recorded years ago. He then said we wouldn't recognize it after Adam got a hold of it. So it sounds like they made major changes to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 14th 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #24

A snippet is out, it sounds very much like the demo, just like I thought it would, unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-I-Know-M...2188&sr=1-1

My initial instincts toward this project seem to be right on the nose. I mean, what the hell? They pushed the project to 'make it better' yet we get a single that sounds just like a demo we heard months ago, months before they said they were re-tooling it- is this the best they can do? No amount of delusion- of which there is plenty in supply- is going to make this song a hit. What makes it so sad is that everyone is so excited about it all- a good project would have been welcomed with open arms- this song is terrible.

This post has been edited by smilefountain: Dec 14th 2011, 6:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 14th 2011, 4:57 PM) *

A snippet is out, it sounds very much like the demo, just like I thought it would, unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-I-Know-M...2188&sr=1-1

My initial instincts toward this project seem to be right on the nose. I mean, what the hell? They pushed the project to 'make it better' yet we get a single that sounds just like a demo we heard months ago, months before they said they were re-tooling it- is this the best they can do? No amount of delusion- of which there is plenty in supply- is going to make this song a hit. What makes it so sad is that everyone is so excited about it all- a good project would have been welcomed with open arms- this song is terrible.

No offense..but they said the same thing about Kelly's lead single, Mr. Know It All, as well. Were they delusional as well? Cause last time I checked her single seemed to be doing okay. The only audio available is the chorus and one line from a verse for this song so I would think that's some pretty harsh criticism based on such a small snippet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Sage @ Dec 14th 2011, 6:44 PM) *

No offense..but they said the same thing about Kelly's lead single, Mr. Know It All, as well. Were they delusional as well? Cause last time I checked her single seemed to be doing okay. The only audio available is the chorus and one line from a verse for this song so I would think that's some pretty harsh criticism based on such a small snippet.

True, I didn't think Kelly's song would be a hit at all, it's done much better than I thought- but it still did not do much in the HOT 100. Even worse, I said that "For Your Entertainment" and "Something bout Love" would be huge smashes. In truth, I thought "Something bout Love" would be a #1 song and "For Your Entertainment" would make TOP 5. I was REALLY WRONG about those, although I don't think I took in account an American audience's discomfort with the S&M theme from a gay singer, that was one problem, it is still a great song, though. So I could be totally wrong, I'm alright with that. I hope I am, I would love for Adam to have a big hit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 14th 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 14th 2011, 5:56 PM) *

True, I didn't think Kelly's song would be a hit at all, it's done much better than I thought- but it still did not do much in the HOT 100. Even worse, I said that "For Your Entertainment" and "Something bout Love" would be huge smashes. In truth, I thought "Something bout Love" would be a #1 song and "For Your Entertainment" would make TOP 5. I was REALLY WRONG about those, although I don't think I took in account an American audience's discomfort with the S&M theme from a gay singer, that was one problem, it is still a great song, though. So I could be totally wrong, I'm alright with that. I hope I am, I would love for Adam to have a big hit.

Truth be told, I didn't like Mr. Know It All at all when I first heard it but I learned to love it the more I heard it.

Just saying....I don't think an honest assessment of this song can be made until it's heard in it's entirety and on something other than computer speakers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angels
post Dec 14th 2011, 9:36 PM
Post #28

I liked the demo and loving the clip from Adam's version.

--------------------
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 14th 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #29

LOL. Total meltdown in the glambert forum over the bad song. grin.gif grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lisab
post Dec 14th 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 14th 2011, 10:18 PM) *

There isn't a large majority of displeased fans. Not on this site, twitter, or his official site. It's normal that some people will dislike it, but so far, fans seem very positive. I see some fans complaining that song is generic, but they are the same ones who complained that WWFM is generic, but we know WWFM became a hit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Dec 15th 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #31

Waiting for the full official before passing judgement.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 15th 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #32

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

For someone who claims to be an Adam fan, you sure do a lot of bitching, just saying. rolleyes.gif

Why don't you listen to the entire SONG before you pass judgment on a 30 second clip?

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Sarahx3
post Dec 15th 2011, 1:08 PM
Post #33

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Team: NY Jets

Except, not?

--------------------
IPB Image
Cornell Big Red, NY נєтѕ, Rangers, Knicks, Mets <3
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Dec 15th 2011, 2:00 PM
Post #34

Always knew you were an Adam fan. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ALB
post Dec 15th 2011, 4:09 PM
Post #35

Not seeing the "meltdown" at all, but the thought of it sure seems to make you happy. Too bad for you a lot of people including me are loving it, and sorry for you that DJs, PDs and a bunch of industry peeps are flailing over it. But enjoy the thought I guess.

--------------------
+Quote Post
flaminga
post Dec 15th 2011, 4:46 PM
Post #36

I'm the hugest Adam fan known to man, yet I really don't like this snippet. For one thing, there's so much production. Why? Adam's voice alone can stand the test of time. And secondly, I was never a fan of r&b, particularly Jesse McCartney r&b, which this sounds exactly like.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grammamia
post Dec 15th 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #37

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

The Amazon snippet has been taken down.

This is on Adam Official for those who want to hear a wee bit....

http://soundcloud.com/adamofficial/better-than-i-know-myself

I don't see the Jessie McCartney comparison at all...

The sound on the snip is low quality so adjust your opinion accordingly.

I believe this will be a HIT.

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. – Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 16th 2011, 9:20 AM
Post #38

Song leaked
it is on tumblr

I actually like it, it's better than I thought it would be. I think it will be at least a mid-sized hit, maybe not a big one, but one that will at least rise on HAC. It was a good decision to release this now, it's a very WINTER song, it's something you will like hearing while warming yourself to something, But it is a grower and will probably need to be heard several times befor it sinks in. It's not that different from the demo, but in other ways, it is- it's hard to explain.

But I really like it, I've been listening to it a lot. I'm happy for him!

This post has been edited by smilefountain: Dec 16th 2011, 10:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Dec 16th 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 16th 2011, 9:20 AM) *

Song leaked
it is on tumblr

I actually like it, it's better than I thought it would be. I think it will be at least a mid-sized hit, maybe not a big one, but one that will at least rise on HAC. It was a good decision to release this now, it's a very WINTER song, it's something you will like hearing while warming yourself to something, But it is a grower and will probably need to be heard several times befor it sinks in. It's not that different from the demo, but in other ways, it is- it's hard to explain.

But I really like it, I've been listening to it a lot. I'm happy for him!

Nice words and I agree.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 16th 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #40

Here is the youtube link, since it was put up elsewhere here, I figured I could put it up here without getting cussed out

This is really good! All my fears about it were misplaced! It's not "catchy catchy" like "Umbrella" but it's "Grow on you catchy"- I like it better than Mr. Know It All but not as good as "Stronger" which I think is "catchy catchy"- but it's a great song and people should check it out and buy it when it comes out. It has great potential as a single, I think!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

16 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 5:41 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol